Uh, that dingus, you know, HoAndChode, that guy.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Artifact and Artefact are two different things aren't they?

That's what I remember from an anthropology class i took a couple years back.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
Artifact and Artefact are two different things aren't they?

That's what I remember from an anthropology class i took a couple years back.

Nupe. Artefact is the original latin-derived spelling and y'all just did the 'make it slightly easier to understand' thing. Although I did learn that even in the US, 'audio artefact' remains the same because it refers to a specific frequency problem.

Last edited:

Pursang

Apr 7, 2018
There better be innuendo about "piercing" and "massive staves" or I'll be disappointed.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Right, I'm going to be frank about my initial impressions - I'm iffy about it. I open the doc, and all I see are some tentative mechanics for how this thing is going to work. No history, no role in the overall story, no background, we don't know where this new enemy faction comes from, in what locations they can be found, what they are, what ties they have to the world at large. The names and monsters all feel more like they came out a cyberpunk/steampunk magitech setting, rather than the one that Savin's set up.

My suggestion is for you to go back and flesh out this enemy faction and the backstory of your sentient weapon, how it ties into the setting, maybe reflavour things so that it fits better into Bronze Age Scandinavia. It might very well save you a lot of wasted writing down the line. I would also strongly suggest you come onto the Fenchat Discord to work things out in real time.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
Right, I'm going to be frank about my initial impressions - I'm iffy about it. I open the doc, and all I see are some tentative mechanics for how this thing is going to work. No history, no role in the overall story, no background, we don't know where this new enemy faction comes from, in what locations they can be found, what they are, what ties they have to the world at large. The names and monsters all feel more like they came out a cyberpunk/steampunk magitech setting, rather than the one that Savin's set up.

My suggestion is for you to go back and flesh out this enemy faction and the backstory of your sentient weapon, how it ties into the setting, maybe reflavour things so that it fits better into Bronze Age Scandinavia. It might very well save you a lot of wasted writing down the line. I would also strongly suggest you come onto the Fenchat Discord to work things out in real time.

I've explained the main threads of what I've got planned to Savin, the barebones-ness is genuinely just me making a new doc while the planning doc is hidden from the eyes of the normies. Besides, Savin gave absolutely everything I laid out the greenlight so iunno.

I think the only major problem I've run into is that I'm not clear on what the game plot progression is yet. Still, things are quite fluid as is so I've got plans.

If you wanna read the planning doc then I can send it over.

Reactions: BubbleLord

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
Resuurreeectioooon

Just to say I've submitted my first batch of Sheinnai's main content and also a salamander TF!

Reactions: Run That Fade

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Resuurreeectioooon

Just to say I've submitted my first batch of Sheinnai's main content and also a salamander TF!
But what about salamander BOI? :ghost::gizz: