[Twine][Patreon]Equivalent Exchange

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Nice to see the progress update.

I know that rewriting so much might feel like a pain, but this is a good one. The game is much improved by this, as is the narrative of what is happening.

The wording in that screenshot could use some work - the text arrangements suggest your gaining stats on levelup, when you are draining from the enemy. Change the block to more clearly show you're selecting what you drain.

Looking forward to seeing the results!

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
It's been a long-ass time since I updated Equivalent Exchange, but I've finally done it! Allow me to quote my Patreon post for details:
I had the inspiration to implement a level system with experience points that you gain on victory - and, with it, I wanted to include content that had you lose experience points and whole levels upon certain conditions. This update came with a massive overhaul to the game's presentation and engine, as well as a whole new character. Details on the whole changelog are below!

Thank you for staying patient with me while I hammered out this massive update. Now that I've made a ton of changes to the engine, hopefully future updates won't take so long.

As always, let me know if you find any bugs or errors! I'm just one guy and I can only do so much bug testing. If you find any, my preferred method of contact is via Discord, at B!#5827 - provide screenshots if you can!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:

Renamed Dom and Sub meters to STAM (stamina) and LUST

Made a method to recalculate height. This will dramatically make writing height exchanges far more streamlined and easy to calculate.

Remade Danica's formula for taking attributes. The process is now streamlined and shouldn't lag on execution. Also, she now has the opportunity to steal height from the PC, and a special scene will play if there is nothing to steal.

Totally reworked the Height bonuses and parameters; now, being taller than your opponent deals additional damage, as opposed to determining whether a PC can have stats that are too large without penalties.

Implemented a level system that does what the old Height system used to do. Level up once you've reached 100 EXP. The level cap is limitless but rewards stop at level 8.

Implemented a system where the game tells you via changing the colour of the font if your stats are too high for your level. The numbers will be blue if your numbers are beneath your cap; pink if they are at your cap; and red if they've exceeded your cap. Once the PC has reached level 8, all caps are removed.

Created a system that uses the same engine as the character generator that streamlines the stat theft from enemies. It had a hard time displaying the flavour text when stealing assets, but I've since solved the issue.

Implemented the stat-switching system for the two bosses and the goblin and imp.

Basic enemies now have randomized stats and significantly lower HP; this should make each enemy a slightly different fight and hopefully it will reduce the grind to defeat them. Bosses are unchanged.

Changed the penalty for raising the Body stat too high. Now, if it's overleveled, enemies will do bonus damage based on the overleveled body stat. However, they still need to knock you prone in the first place, and a higher body stat will make it harder for them to knock you prone, so it's very give-and-take.

Replaced all mentions of the player's cock and the enemy's cock (if applicable) to more accurately represent their lengths. This results in some clinical-sounding text - 'the enemy's 1'2" cock saws into your mouth' - but it's nonetheless a step-up from the lazy, bare-bones descriptions from earlier.

BUG FIXES:

Fixed a bug with Danica being your step-sibling and returning an error when you fuck her

Fixed a bug where meeting with Kalli might result in a black screen

Fixed a bug where fighting the Goblin Matriarch, and then submitting, resulted in a black screen

CONTENT:

New content: Cobalt the slime girl. Can be found in the forest; has the same odds of finding as finding a coin (one in ten). Consuming the slime gives you a flat, levelled EXP gain; discarding the slime removes Cobalt from the game (but she may come back in a later update...); spreading her slime on your genitals will lead to the bulk of her content.

While she's just a chunk of slime on your crotch, she'll help you deal more damage to enemies, but you take additional LUST damage in return. She absorbs half of all EXP you gain (rounded up, leaving you with the lower half of EXP if it's an odd number); after she reaches 50 EXP, she becomes her own character that you can access from the town.

She has a major focus on level/EXP drain and asset absorption from your enemies - if she doesn't have a dick, and you fuck an Imp or the Alpha Imp with her slime on your genitals, the slime will absorb the enemy's DNA, and when you return the slime later, it'll bring the Imp's DNA to her, causing her to grow a dick. The slime also absorbs half of all gained EXP and returns it all to Cobalt in one payload upon return, and she steals EXP from you whenever you have sex with her (you cannot go below level 1 with 0 EXP). Cobalt levels up after she gains 100 EXP and the amount she steals from you is levelled (base is 20 EXP per steal; will steal more if her level is lower than yours and vice versa).

If you play as a futa character and you put the slime on your penis, and then you defeat an enemy with your vagina, the slime will not absorb the EXP or the enemy's DNA, allowing you to keep all the gains for yourself. Once Cobalt is fully formed, you can spread the goo all over yourself, if you'd like.

She can currently absorb the assets from Imps, Goblins, the Alpha Imp, the Goblin Matriarch, and Danica. You can change her body to include or exclude any assets she's absorbed - if Cobalt absorbed the DNA of an Imp, but you don't want her to be futa, you can ask her to remove her dick.

Cobalt currently only has two sex scenes; I intend to write at least two more before moving on.

KNOWN ISSUES:

As of Firefox 88.0, the game seems to be displaying single paragraphs as double paragraphs. I'm looking into how to fix the issue. It shouldn't impact gameplay or readability too significantly. The game displays properly in the current version of Chrome.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/50327299 - Full version for patrons
https://www.patreon.com/posts/50327557 - Free version

Reactions: Squirrelwagon

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Upgraded Danica through cash - ended up with E-cups but game describes her as DD.

"Danica has long, wavy brown hair that reaches down to the small of her back. She has firm DD-cup boobs sitting high beneath a light grey shirt with a modest V-cut that lets them breathe without revealing too much.". It seems her description is 1 cup behind.

As well, several heights display in text as "0'X"", where heights under 1 foot should simply display as inches.

Reactions: B

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Upgraded Danica through cash - ended up with E-cups but game describes her as DD.

"Danica has long, wavy brown hair that reaches down to the small of her back. She has firm DD-cup boobs sitting high beneath a light grey shirt with a modest V-cut that lets them breathe without revealing too much.". It seems her description is 1 cup behind.

As well, several heights display in text as "0'X"", where heights under 1 foot should simply display as inches.
Cup size error was a silly mistake on my part; fixed.

The height display is working as intended :x That's what I meant by "clinical-sounding text"

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I tried the public build and here are a few observations

Immediately after character generation a character with an 11" penis got the following message in green "the number 0 cannot be attached to this hook"

The pictures in the Goblin matriarch did not display

following typo
Giving in to her submissive nature and position, and the perverse pleasure of the magic, the Goblin thrusts her fingers into her srapidly-moistening pussy while she grinds her suddenly-very-erogenous ass against the forest floor.

I presume the totems from the imp lord and the bracelet from the matriarch aren't implemented

The descriptions for the imp lord & the matriarch do not change to reflect there altered circumstance ie the dialogue still talks of the Matriarch's impressive chest even when you have reduced it to size 0.

I liked the sounds of the level drain stuff for the patrons' build.

my suggestion
Breastfeeding & edging scenes for charters breast C and above, and larger than beta imp and gobbo.

I hope this is of help

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated Equivalent Exchange to v012! I wanted to do some more sex scenes for Cobalt before I considered moving away from her.

Changelog v012:

Fixed a bug where Danica would only steal height if you had other attributes to steal first.

Fixed a minor display bug where Danica's boob size in narration would be at odds with her stats

Fixed a display error where, if the player had Cobalt's slime on them, upon victory, the message saying that the slime was absorbing the fight's EXP would play regardless if the player won with the genitals the slime was on (if the slime was on their pussy, and they won with their dick, the message would play, and vice versa).

If the enemy's chance to knock you prone is below a certain threshold, then the odds of them landing a strike that knocks you prone is set to 1 in 50, and the odds of them keeping you prone is based on your Body stat. This is to prevent a player from setting their Body stat so high that they can't possibly be knocked prone and therefore cannot lose any fight.

Updated the Set Height button in the debug menu to better reflect the changes in the Height system.

Two new sex scenes for Cobalt: one for fucking Cobalt (requires the player has a penis) and one for Cobalt fucking you (requires that Cobalt has a penis).

Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/51347624

Immediately after character generation a character with an 11" penis got the following message in green "the number 0 cannot be attached to this hook"
I'm afraid I can't seem to replicate this error.

The pictures in the Goblin matriarch did not display
Are you playing on the mobile version? The images aren't in the mobile version.

I presume the totems from the imp lord and the bracelet from the matriarch aren't implemented
Correct, they are currently purely decorative

The descriptions for the imp lord & the matriarch do not change to reflect there altered circumstance ie the dialogue still talks of the Matriarch's impressive chest even when you have reduced it to size 0.
Hmm. I'll see what I can do for the next update.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated to version 013!

Changelog v013 (Current):

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:

Created a new combat system to hopefully streamline the loading for combat encounters. Only applies to enemies found in the Cave and later.

Fixed an oversight in the debug and info screens that would allow a player to reroll combat infinitely to get the results they wanted.

BUG FIXES:

Fixed an error with the Imp and Goblin where their Height stat would not change to reflect them stealing your height. Also, previously, it was only possible for an Imp to steal your height if you had a one-inch dick and for a Goblin to only steal your height if you had A-cup breasts - now it's possible for them to steal your height irrespective of your other stats (although they will still prioritize your cock/breasts, respectively).

I think I fixed the player's height stat incorrectly displaying wrong values once their height is stolen by the Imp/Goblin. Let me know if their behaviour is still incorrect.

Likewise updated the Alpha Imp/Goblin Matriarch to correctly display height changes.

Changed the game's start point off of devstart :(

CONTENT:

Added a new location: the Caves. Access the Caves by obtaining the Imp Leader's Totem or the Goblin Matriach's Bracelet and then exploring the Forest and NOT encountering an enemy (three in five chance). Obtain the Totem or the Bracelet by either becoming their bitch, or having them become yours.

Added a new mob: the Beta Kobolds, male and female. Extremely ass-oriented. If you lose to them, they will steal from your ass, then from your muscles, then from your height, in that order. A lot of their content is shared and while their content refers to them as male and female separately, let me know if I made any mistakes on their pronouns.

Cobalt can take the assets from the kobolds for herself if you win combat against them with a piece of her on yourself. It'll result in her ass getting much, much larger. Her description and the sex scene where you fuck her (requires a penis) have gained a lot of descriptions to accommodate them.

No bosses yet, but there's a few hints in the content on what it could be...

17,500 words of new content.

Let me know if you come across any bugs! I did as much testing as I could and I could only find so many.

As promised, now that the kobolds are done, for my next content, I'll write something new for Kallisto, the dommy futa merchant.

Updated the free version to v012 as well!

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Really like the game but if we choose to have Danica as our childhood bully/Stepsister it just says she was a childhood bully who lives next door. Exact same if she was just our childhood bully.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Can you post the passage that contains that misinformation?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Danica is your step-sister childhood bully, and she is a hermaphrodite.

You and Danica are about the same age. You’ve known her for almost your whole life at this point, and every single moment of it has been pretty difficult for you: Danica likes to push you around and belittle you for no other reason than because she can. All throughout your younger years, she’d make you do her chores; she’d shake you down for money; and she’d generally just be a bully.
That said, though, your relationship is nonetheless harder to quantify than just her being an asshole to you: if you were ever bullied or disturbed by someone else, Danica was usually the first person to jump to your aid, although she’d normally explain it away by saying that ‘only she’s allowed to push you around.’ She was your first kiss, and not by choice. She likes to fuck you, but only when she’s in the mood; it’s never when you are. All in all, you aren’t really sure what you two are supposed to be.

Danica has long, wavy brown hair that reaches down to the small of her back, and she keeps it tied into a single ponytail. She has firm I-cup boobs sitting tightly packed underneath her black shirt and open cloth sweater, each of which are torn and ripped all over. She wears a thin-but-durable choker around her neck at all times. She has a pair of thin, red lips that smile crookedly, showing you one of her sharp incisors, whenever she sees you. Her pants, like her tops, are tight around her waist and legs; they cut off just beneath her knees and they, like her tops, are in a poor state of repair, showing off all kinds of skin and thigh. The tightness of her pants only help accentuate the bulge of her cock, and, if she adjusts them in just the right way, one of the cuts in her pants can shamelessly give you a glimpse of the skin of her shaft – she never wears underwear, and she doesn’t care who knows it.

You find Danica in your usual meeting place: a secluded little spot in the shrubbery between her house and yours – isolated, but public all the same. At first, whenever you met Danica here, she’d cart you off somewhere to do some chore or something for her, but lately, she’s been feeling hornier and hornier, and she’s been fucking you right into the dirt more and more often. How things go this time is, well… that depends on you.

Meravokas

May 18, 2018
I've continued to run into a glitch with the past two public builds. Neither the Alpha/Beta Imp nor the Goblin Matriarch show correct stats when first going to their camps after draining them the first time, only upon returning to it a second time directly after the first. Any encounter or other action disrupts this. Also even after having stolen height from either, I have not gained any height and am stuck at 6'6" even after draining the imp at 6'9 (and he subsequently went all the way down to six foot for some reason. And stealing height from the matriarch at her seven foot status gives no change to her height stat.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated to version 014!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:

Adjusted Kallisto's behaviour based on your timing. She runs on a timer that ticks up whenever you go down on her or eat her ass, and it goes down whenever you do anything else. The lower the number, the less dominant she is. Previously, the timer reset to 0 if you ever left the town for the Forest or the Caves (the logic being, you'd be gone for a long enough time for her attitude to reset); I changed this behaviour so that the timer ticks down by 1, just like every other action, rather than reset to 0.

If Kallisto's timer reaches 5, visiting her will automatically result in you going down on her without the option to do anything else.

BUG FIXES:

Excessively blowing Kallisto will result in weight gain, not muscle gain.

Some minor corrections towards Kallisto's behaviours and coding typos.

Corrected the Kobold's behaviour towards you if you submit, then struggle.

You can no longer take Danica's cock inches if you yourself do not have a cock.

Hopefully fixed Cobalt's stats being inconsistent between visits. Let me know if it's still an issue.

CONTENT:

Adjusted Kallisto's stats slightly. Since she's a non-hostile encounter, it's entirely for immersion purposes.

Kallisto now has a scene where she fucks you in the alleyway. Access it by 'negotiating' for lower prices over and over until you start going down on her automatically; after that, the next time you visit Kallisto, she'll turn you around and claim your butt. After seeing the scene for the first time, the option to get fucked whenever you want unlocks in her menu. Getting fucked by Kallisto increases her timer (meaning if you do it exclusively too often, you'll start automatically blowing her when you visit her).

Kallisto will also use Cobalt's slime on herself if you have it on your body. If so, she'll fuck you twice in the alley per round. And her DNA can be added to Cobalt's in a future update...

Approximately 8,200 words of additional content.

Current version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v014-58177429

Also updated the free version! https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v013-58177787

I've continued to run into a glitch with the past two public builds. Neither the Alpha/Beta Imp nor the Goblin Matriarch show correct stats when first going to their camps after draining them the first time, only upon returning to it a second time directly after the first. Any encounter or other action disrupts this. Also even after having stolen height from either, I have not gained any height and am stuck at 6'6" even after draining the imp at 6'9 (and he subsequently went all the way down to six foot for some reason. And stealing height from the matriarch at her seven foot status gives no change to her height stat.
I think I fixed this; let me know if the issue persists.

Last edited:
Reactions: coldmonkey

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
v014a Hotfix (Current):

Fixed the Kallisto display bug that prevented players from accessing her at all if they haven't already met her.
Adjusted Kallisto's timing mechanic to address an oversight on when it ticks up or down.
Adjusted Danica again so that you can't take her dick's inches if you don't have a dick yourself.
Fixed a crash if you submitted to, then struggled and failed against, the Imp or Goblin.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
v014b Hotfix (Current):

Fixed Kallisto behaving inappropriately after you submit to her enough times, as well as eventually loading a blank screen.
Removed some developer shortcuts and information from the Town screen. I really should be more mindful of my mess...

Who would have thought one little sex scene would break so much??

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Meravokas

May 18, 2018
Updated to version 014!

GAMEPLAY CHANGES:

Adjusted Kallisto's behaviour based on your timing. She runs on a timer that ticks up whenever you go down on her or eat her ass, and it goes down whenever you do anything else. The lower the number, the less dominant she is. Previously, the timer reset to 0 if you ever left the town for the Forest or the Caves (the logic being, you'd be gone for a long enough time for her attitude to reset); I changed this behaviour so that the timer ticks down by 1, just like every other action, rather than reset to 0.

If Kallisto's timer reaches 5, visiting her will automatically result in you going down on her without the option to do anything else.

BUG FIXES:

Excessively blowing Kallisto will result in weight gain, not muscle gain.

Some minor corrections towards Kallisto's behaviours and coding typos.

Corrected the Kobold's behaviour towards you if you submit, then struggle.

You can no longer take Danica's cock inches if you yourself do not have a cock.

Hopefully fixed Cobalt's stats being inconsistent between visits. Let me know if it's still an issue.

CONTENT:

Adjusted Kallisto's stats slightly. Since she's a non-hostile encounter, it's entirely for immersion purposes.

Kallisto now has a scene where she fucks you in the alleyway. Access it by 'negotiating' for lower prices over and over until you start going down on her automatically; after that, the next time you visit Kallisto, she'll turn you around and claim your butt. After seeing the scene for the first time, the option to get fucked whenever you want unlocks in her menu. Getting fucked by Kallisto increases her timer (meaning if you do it exclusively too often, you'll start automatically blowing her when you visit her).

Kallisto will also use Cobalt's slime on herself if you have it on your body. If so, she'll fuck you twice in the alley per round. And her DNA can be added to Cobalt's in a future update...

Approximately 8,200 words of additional content.

Current version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v014-58177429

Also updated the free version! https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v013-58177787

I think I fixed this; let me know if the issue persists.
Thus far I'm still encountering issues with initial height stats showing up on the imp and goblin matriarch. And endowment stats on the imp not showing properly the first time in camp during a run through the forest. I also have played for upwards of a hundred or maybe two hundred encounters and neither have at least visibly gone past 6'9 in height increase. The goblin matriarch gives no indication of asset increases aside from the those required for certain actions in her approach text and the Alpha imp seems to have stagnated outright if indicated by the text as it doesn't mention more than not having to look up as high as before. Even when no change has occurred.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated to version 015!

BUG FIXES:

Fixed an incorrect pointer for both the Alpha Imp and Goblin Matriarch where, if you went to their camp and immediately submitted, the game would assume you had submitted from combat first.

Fixed incorrect behaviour when stealing height from the Alpha Imp and Goblin Matriarch that would give the player double the gains.

CONTENT:

If you have a piece of Cobalt on you when Kallisto takes you in the alleyway, Cobalt will now take on Kallisto's personality. Unlike being able to change Cobalt's body at will, this change is irreversible once Kallisto's personality is inside her, but you have the option to temporarily remove the slime before engaging with Kallisto to avoid it.

Kallisto's non-oral sex scenes have some significant extensions if Cobalt's slime is present.

Cobalt has two new sex scenes to go with her new personality: one where you go down on her dick (if applicable) and one where you eat her ass (if she doesn't have a dick). If Cobalt has a dick, then which one you do is random, but if you do consecutive sessions, you'll have the option to switch it up.

Once Kallisto's personality is in Cobalt, every time you visit Cobalt, there's a 1 in 10 chance that Cobalt will decide for you that it's time you serviced her. You don't get the option to back down. Checking and leaving Cobalt's description over and over will reroll these odds - the thought being, she eventually gets impatient from you constantly checking her out.

Approximately 8,100 words of new content.

Full version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v015-58970573
Updated free version, up to v014b: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v014b-58970805
Thus far I'm still encountering issues with initial height stats showing up on the imp and goblin matriarch. And endowment stats on the imp not showing properly the first time in camp during a run through the forest. I also have played for upwards of a hundred or maybe two hundred encounters and neither have at least visibly gone past 6'9 in height increase. The goblin matriarch gives no indication of asset increases aside from the those required for certain actions in her approach text and the Alpha imp seems to have stagnated outright if indicated by the text as it doesn't mention more than not having to look up as high as before. Even when no change has occurred.
I managed to find a bug giving the Alpha Imp and Goblin Matriarch incorrect gains when you steal their height, but I can't replicate any bug involving their other stats, or their reverting to incorrect stats. Please give the new version a try and see if there's any incorrect behaviour this time.

Duraiken

Dec 4, 2022
Uhh. I've checked the Patreon, just wanted to get an idea of how progress is going as I understand B is pretty damned busy, and there appears to be a free / public version of Equivlant Exhange up for 16a. But Patreon won't allow any downloads. Not sure what's going on.

Meravokas

May 18, 2018
Uhh. I've checked the Patreon, just wanted to get an idea of how progress is going as I understand B is pretty damned busy, and there appears to be a free / public version of Equivlant Exhange up for 16a. But Patreon won't allow any downloads. Not sure what's going on.
I -just- downloaded it myself to see if something's up, didn't even get a hesitation on the DL. You on mobile? Not signed in?

Duraiken

Dec 4, 2022
No, I never registered with Patreon. I didn't know we had to download Public builds. I'm pretty sure I've downloaded public builds from there before, or did they just change things around? I'm not much for subscriptions, and that's pretty much what Patreon forces on you. I thought I'd heard people have issues with doing single donations through them too. Doing it for one month / payment and not continuing I mean.

Meravokas

May 18, 2018
No, I never registered with Patreon. I didn't know we had to download Public builds. I'm pretty sure I've downloaded public builds from there before, or did they just change things around? I'm not much for subscriptions, and that's pretty much what Patreon forces on you. I thought I'd heard people have issues with doing single donations through them too. Doing it for one month / payment and not continuing I mean.
You don't need to be subscribed to the patreon for the free version. Sometimes for mature labeled content it still wants you to have a registered account with the site for age verification. Otherwise I can only say hard refresh with F5 or maybe even restart your browser.

Reactions: Duraiken

Duraiken

Dec 4, 2022
You don't need to be subscribed to the patreon for the free version. Sometimes for mature labeled content it still wants you to have a registered account with the site for age verification. Otherwise I can only say hard refresh with F5 or maybe even restart your browser.
Thanks. I'll try the rest before seeing about a Patreon account. A lot of what I've heard about them here and elsewhere makes me a little leary, even if I don't intend to subscribe to anyone.

Meravokas

May 18, 2018
Thanks. I'll try the rest before seeing about a Patreon account. A lot of what I've heard about them here and elsewhere makes me a little leary, even if I don't intend to subscribe to anyone.
You don't really put down any personal information unless you actually subscribe to someone, because that's when you need to actually put in things like payment info.