[Twine][Patreon]Equivalent Exchange

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
It's been a hot minute, but I've updated Equivalent Exchange to version 007!

As voted on the Patreon poll, this update sees a whole new character added: Kallisto, the wandering, dominant, futa merchant! You'll find that her prices are a bit exorbitant compared to the prices you'll find at home, but she's willing to work out an... exchange of her goods for your services. Keep doing it, and she'll get progressively dommier, and you progressively subbier. And if you prove to be particularly submissive, she isn't afraid of taking more than just your services...

In order to find her, you must first satisfy the requirements to meet the Alpha Imp or the Goblin Matriarch (that is, complete at least three encounters with either, win or lose), and then explore the forest. She has an 80% chance of spawning, so it shouldn't take too many tries.

This update comes with roughly 19k words of content. Hope you enjoy, and remember to tell me if you find any bugs or errors! There's only so much bugtesting one man can do.

Also, I updated the free version! The free version now has the Goblin Matriarch's bust art as well as the character creator from the Patreon version.

Edit: As before, there's a new poll for patrons on what I should do next. $10 patrons get to vote twice!

Last edited:

Senera2000

Oct 19, 2016
Is there any way to backup the saves?

I do not feel comfortable having them tied to my browser's cookies.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
As far as I'm aware, that's a Twine restriction, and there is currently no way to export a save.

Reactions: Senera2000

Andal01

Mar 24, 2019
I have been unable to win any fights. Every action I take against a goblin or imp just increases their dominance and doesn't do anything to submission. I fought with an imp for a while and gave up after his dominance hit 110 and his submission was still 0. This was on the latest public build.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Hi I was trying the free version
I have found that pussy fucking increase the opponents Dom rather that decreasing it
Further as this put you in a "keep fucking" loop, it was effectively a game ending crash
upload_2020-9-6_15-50-38.png

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Right, that's been brought to my attention recently. I'm going to look at the formula and try and fix it tonight.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated both the backer version and the public version with some hotfixes:

- Fixed a bug where attempting to dominate a target with your pussy resulted in the enemy increasing their dominance meter instead of decreasing it.

- Recalculated damage done when dominating an opponent with your pussy to be half of your ass rating, plus half of your body rating, rounded up, and likewise for opponents. Negative body ratings will be converted to positive numbers for damage.

- Because of the new damage system, Goblins have received a small buff to their body ratings (0 > 2). Imps and Goblins have both gotten nerfs to their HP (20 > 14).

Public version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/41328923
Backer version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-007a-41328469

Reactions: ShySquare

Mendelrock

Mar 17, 2018
Heya B!
Good stuff there! I played through the public version, and i liked what i found.

I do have a few questions about your plans with this project:
-Do you intend to let the NPC steal some attributes enough to reach negative values (i'm thinking about the body rating in particular)?
-Will there be forced attribute increase (Such as an NPC experimenting on you or forcing you to take some points they do not want)?
-What's the capital city of Australia?
-Will the PC be able to change gender eventually, or will they stay the way they where created?
-Will some female character be able to steal dick size to grow one?

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
- Once I write an NPC that's body-centric, yes.
- That's an idea! I could experiment with that someday, sure.
- Google tells me it's Bancerra, but change the B and the C.
- I wanted to write a race of magically-gifted centaurs that could change your gender in exchange for """""services""""", but until then, yeah, you're locked in.
- The centaurs could also make you futa if you wanted. I didn't have plans for ladies to become futa under their own power, but hey, plans can change.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Been a while! Much improvement.

- Several of Danica's sex stuff references her penis/balls as large or otherwise of significant girth when that is not the case.
- Danica's stuff in general doesn't make much use of her current muscles state.
- The way DOM and sub are is reset isn't clear, but more use of sub with characters should provide a legit path to progression.
- The imp lord submit and other passage parts can create a blank page.
- Forest screen can have several spare characters next to links.
- I like Danica acting as a attribute bank, but it's not clear how smaller is better with the way the game currently plays out. The game does explain as such, but Bigger is absolutely better.
- Danica's game overs are very neat, would love to see them as hints to progression instead of just game overs.
- Would love to see more characters of the game work like Danica, if not more content linked to transforming the PC and Danica. If new NPCs are in the works, perhaps you don't need to provide for 4 personalities. Anyways, I find her content more core to the game than the fighting right now.

EDIT: As well, the gold reward for beating the two bosses should be higher. Finally, I think there's some balance issue where it's easier to do more damage at the lower scale of things. Muscle/Body should be rescaled or fleshed out a bit more.

Last edited:

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
As an update - more issues:

- Height transfers and associated text blocks do not correctly compare the height of both people. Transferring height to and from Danica results in text that isn't consistent with the actual values.
- Rescaling content to transfer texts that trigger upon:

12+ Far Below.
7- 12 Very Below
3-6 Below
1-2 Near Below
0 Equal
1-2 Near Above
3-6 Above
7-12 Very Above
12+ Far above

would be proper for all transfers. This gives you the most room while most strongly structuring content, even though it's a pain to do for ALL content. Seeing as it's mostly easy to get to 20 in terms of stats, scaling for all stats should be the same and allow for these outcomes, as I'm sure we'll be going to 50 or 100 as content continues being added.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Checking in - just wanna say I keep coming back to this one and hope to see more progress updates and releases.

What is the current share of time between this project and content for TITS/COC2?

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Since writing for CoC2 and TiTS is more lucrative, I currently only put one day a week, Sunday, aside for working on EE.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated Equivalent Exchange to version 008! Copy-pasting from my Patreon:

In this update, you can make the Alpha Imp into your own, personal, subby, bottom beta bitch! In order to do so, his stats (cock, muscle, height-in-feet, and ass) minus your win record versus him must equal up to 10 or less. After that, go back to visit him, and he'll be taking a very different demeanour around you! His name will also forever change to the Beta Imp.

His beta bottomness includes four new sex scenes: two were he goes down on your junk (depending on what junk you have); plus one where you fuck his ass; and the last one is you permit him to hotdog your own. Depending on his equipment, it can include a fair amount of SPH.

I made a sort of "roulette" where the game draws a random number between 1 and 50 every time you go Back to Town after doing something substantial (i.e. going to the Forest; having sex with Danica or Kallisto; etc. You can't just pop in and out of the shop over and over). There's a chance that it draws a certain number, and depending on the number it draws, the Beta Imp will increase one of his stats by one. There's a 1 in 10 chance that he'll increase any one of his cock size, muscle definition, or ass size for you - and there's a 1 in 50 chance that he'll increase his height (by three inches). If you wait long enough, he could very well be much, much more of an Imp than he ever was before he met you.

And it'll all be for you to take....

The Totem that he gives you is mostly flavour, just like in his dommy path, but there's a system in place to give it gameplay relevance once I have the time to write it.

Also: fixed a bug where submitting to the Alpha Imp after engaging in combat with him resulted in a black screen.

Enjoy! And as always, please tell me if you find any bugs!

Next, of course, I'll be writing a beta, subby path for the Goblin Matriarch.

Post with download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v008-43163161

I also updated the free version! In this update, you can now access Kallisto, the wandering merchant shopkeep. You'll find that her prices are a bit exorbitant, but she's willing to negotiate a deal. Keep doing it, and she'll get progressively dommier, and you progressively subbier. And if you prove to be particularly submissive, she isn't afraid of taking more than just your services....

In order to find her, you must first satisfy the requirements to meet the Alpha Imp or the Goblin Matriarch (that is, complete at least three encounters with either, win or lose), and then explore the forest. She has an 80% chance of spawning, so it shouldn't take too many tries.

Also included in this update is the bugfix where submitting to the Alpha Imp after engaging in combat with him results in a black screen.

Post with download (no subscription necessary): https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v008-43163438

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
And @DarkSinfulMage, I hope I don't come off as ignoring or snubbing your suggestions; I just have to prioritize and mete my time and effort working on the project carefully. I only have one day a week to put the effort in, and while I do eventually want to get to all your suggestions (height transfer in particular is really annoying to code and I would like to simplify that a bit), my patrons want new content before fixing old content, so I'm doing that.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
And @DarkSinfulMage, I hope I don't come off as ignoring or snubbing your suggestions; I just have to prioritize and mete my time and effort working on the project carefully. I only have one day a week to put the effort in, and while I do eventually want to get to all your suggestions (height transfer in particular is really annoying to code and I would like to simplify that a bit), my patrons want new content before fixing old content, so I'm doing that.

None taken - don't worry about it.

Simplifying height transfer - you could do all changes in finite steps. Firstly, leave the checks to retain the "taller" requirement, but make the height transfers in 1, 3, and 5 inch steps. Calculating a dynamic height to transfer under the system is tough if you're storing it as two numbers. In one number, you just make a widget to take that single number and output it into the correct format. So now, you can describe each transfer in words much more easily and show its value.

<<widget "drain_height_1">><endwidget>>
<<widget "drain_height_3">><endwidget>>
<<widget "drain_height_5">><endwidget>>

You're definitely beholden to patrons, but there's always reasons to settle some things early before the same issues crop up in the new content. You might even improve the content structure in order to give them new content faster.

Nov 15, 2015
Just FYI, but windows defender detects your game as a virus, at least the patreon version I found on my old drive.
The file I have is from 08th September 2020.
99 % sure I downloaded it from your patreon.
Virustotal comes up clean, but you probably still want to have a look to get it fixed.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
I have no idea what could cause it to do that. It's just a zipped HTML file. Does it behave like that for any .zip file you download?

Nov 15, 2015
Not really. I think it's actually detecting something about the html file, since after extracting the html shows a hit as well.

It claims it's a trojan/keylogger, so maybe something about the method you use to capture keystrokes?

I'm assuming it's a false positive, although you can technically hide other files within a file, see e.g.
as an example.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Updated Equivalent Exchange to version 010! Copy-pasted from my Patreon:

In this update, you can now turn the Goblin Matriarch into your own personal plaything, just like the Alpha Imp. The requirements for achieving this are the same as for him: her stats (boobs, muscles, height-in-feet, and ass) minus your win record against her must equal up to ten or less. Once you achieve that, you have a big momma goblin all to yourself!

She comes with four new sex scenes: two where she goes down on your respective junk; one where you fuck her doggystyle (requires a dick of any size); and one where she sits on your lap and you suck her tits and spank her booty. The latter two scenes require that she has some assets of her own: namely, the doggystyle scene requires that she has an ass rating of 3 or larger, and the spank-n-suck scene requires her ass and her boobs are both 3 or larger.

The Goblin Matriarch has been added to the 'roulette' that I implemented earlier: whenever you do something that involves the passage of time (having sex with Kallisto or Danica, or visiting the woods, regardless of action done in there), there is a chance that her own attributes will increase every time you go back to town. Since those sex scenes require that she meets a minimum threshold, and since you can't achieve that if you keep having sex with her, I've included the option to just leave and go back to town when you visit her.

And, since I'm at it, I might as well give the same option to the Alpha Imp, for anyone that wants to watch him get real big before taking it all for themselves....

Oh, speaking of: there was some content for the Alpha Imp that wasn't proccing properly. When the roulette decides that the Alpha Imp or Goblin Matriarch increases their stat, there should have been a paragraph explaining that they look a bit different, and which asset has increased since you saw them last. This was supposed to be in the last version update, but a coding error kept them hidden, so I fixed that.

For the next update, I wanted to work a bit on the programming of the game. Namely, I wanted to try and make a small engine that would allow the player to decide which asset they wanted to steal from an enemy, and how much of it to steal, as opposed to the current method of "take it all." I also wanted to try and implement a levelling system, since level drain is kinda hot.

With this update, Equivalent Exchange has hit 200,000 words! Thank you for supporting me through it all!

I've also updated the free version, which includes everything up to the Alpha Imp!

Full version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/equivalent-v010-45468469
Free version: https://www.patreon.com/posts/45468820

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
- One of Kalli's Negotiate levels results in a transition with no text.
- Certain levels of Kalli's main and negotiate passage incorrectly state she's stolen your assets when that doesn't happen until a few steps after. Her first step is actually one of her own potions.
- Submitting during battle to the Matriarch can result in a blank screen with no return.(check conditions)
- Matriarch submission doesn't seem to ever trigger. This might be because of gender/sex settings? Public version? Starting sex?
- Speaking of which, there's some wonkiness in determining what works and doesn't depending on your original sex choice.

- A way for the Beta Imp or Matriarch to flip the script back would be really neat. This makes them a persistent threat or character to be interacted with. Now you don't need to get lost in adding more characters.
- Currently, the player steals one point of assets at a time, but the instances where they steal all of it definitely need some work - I'm glad to see you're working on it.
- Level drain should have some solid foundation - Base dominance (HP) should rely on it, but I'd also like to see this determine your asset caps. Now you have a reason to actually go out there and drain.
- All that in mind - asset descriptions really really should be stretched out and given more better descriptors.(Muscle descriptions cap out pretty early and do not have comparisons, and height comparisons are not working)

Last edited:

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Submitting during battle to the Matriarch can result in a blank screen with no return.(check conditions)
- Matriarch submission doesn't seem to ever trigger.
I can confirm this
also Matriarch description in draining scenes does not allow for what you have already drained

RS84

May 3, 2017
Going to add to this, regarding the mobile version :

Saves are not really working anymore, more than a few moves seems to prevent saves from being possible. (This seemed like it might be a known issue with mobile Chrome.)

Also, the Alpha Imp's "return to to town" link for after he's been broken is not a link at all.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
BUGS:

Error with fucking Danica:

"The hand at her boob goes from pinching her nipple to flatly groping her whole tit, grabbing a whole palm-full between her fingers. “☕ missing ] after element list►"

The effect of this bug - and the similar one below - is that the game sometimes displays the wrong kind of fucking and wrong sub/dom level of text. In these cases, I was testing all the player dom stuff.

Same for Finish her off:

"☕ missing ] after element list►Actually, fuck it. Danica would suck you off for hours if you wanted her to. It’s only proper, as her stepbrother, to return the favour without provocation."

As well, it would seem her writing is commonly a full cup size off from her current cup size.

Other than that, I hope it's been going well. I notice the Kobold has taken a lot of time this month, but hope the next update is coming along well.

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
Improving Danica:

- There should be a resulting scene where Danica uses (or shows off the results of) the bottles that she bought. This would require tracking the bottles you have asked her to buy, and then coming back to see her show off her results.
- As well, a fun option would be to just give her money and let her decide (random).
- Having Danica be able to reference her current appearance correctly would be much better for all of her content.
- Plan future content with that dragon...
- Getting a bit deeper with dialogue changes between Danica's available personalities - perhaps make the user select her type at the start, then commit.

Improving the Game:

- Make the helpful text collapse on the self screen and on the chargen screen. (Or make it a separate screen someplace else)
- Improve the character description text.
- Previous suggestions concerning scale, muscle, and height mechanics.

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
- One of Kalli's Negotiate levels results in a transition with no text.
- Submitting during battle to the Matriarch can result in a blank screen with no return.(check conditions)
- Matriarch submission doesn't seem to ever trigger. This might be because of gender/sex settings? Public version? Starting sex?
Error with fucking Danica:

"The hand at her boob goes from pinching her nipple to flatly groping her whole tit, grabbing a whole palm-full between her fingers. “☕ missing ] after element list►"

The effect of this bug - and the similar one below - is that the game sometimes displays the wrong kind of fucking and wrong sub/dom level of text. In these cases, I was testing all the player dom stuff.

Same for Finish her off:

"☕ missing ] after element list►Actually, fuck it. Danica would suck you off for hours if you wanted her to. It’s only proper, as her stepbrother, to return the favour without provocation."
Fixed all of these, thank you!
- Certain levels of Kalli's main and negotiate passage incorrectly state she's stolen your assets when that doesn't happen until a few steps after. Her first step is actually one of her own potions.
Can you quote the exact passage? It'll be easier for me to find if I could ctrl+F the problem text.
Going to add to this, regarding the mobile version :
Saves are not really working anymore, more than a few moves seems to prevent saves from being possible. (This seemed like it might be a known issue with mobile Chrome.)
I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to fix something like that. I use the default browser on my Galaxy A20 and it continues to work correctly. My only suggestion is to switch to a different browser.
Also, the Alpha Imp's "return to to town" link for after he's been broken is not a link at all.
also Matriarch description in draining scenes does not allow for what you have already drained
I can't seem to locate or replicate these errors, could you give me more information? Some preceding text or a screenshot?

On other progress, it's pretty slow going, but I've made some changes to how the game handles some variables, particularly height differences, and I've made a bunch of changes to Danica and how she functions. In the next patch, Danica will be able to steal height, and there will be a special scene that plays if she can't steal anything at all. There isn't a lot in the way of new content but the functionality is coming along!

DarkSinfulMage

Nov 18, 2016
" You rush right back into the alleyway where she is, expecting to find her there, her pants at her ankles, her engorged shaft, bulked on your stolen assets, full and throbbing, standing like a lighthouse amongst the fog that is your life without her dick in your mouth and her fucking your face."

This displays one or two performances before she actually starts doing it. (also, you need to be away from her to make her do it again. not sure if intended)

This one, and perhaps one in her actual sex passage.

RS84

May 3, 2017
I can't seem to locate or replicate these errors, could you give me more information? Some preceding text or a screenshot?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210208-181550.png
    Screenshot_20210208-181550.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 7