[Twine] [Patreon] Empire of Corruption

Discussion in 'Other Adult Games' started by Sitribella, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Athenasko

Athenasko New Member

First off, I'd like to say I really like this game so far. I spent most of the day playing it and I'd get to a point where I thought the content would finish, and lo-and-behold a whole knew chapter started!

I'm excited to see where this goes. I do hope you can take Vargus' offer of becoming his whore and reverse it, turning him into your own whore. I'm also excited to see where these partnerships all lead as the main character really gets all the

I also don't know if this bug was reported, but at some point in chapter 3, I talked to Seni on the curbside before I had finished signing the deed to the Black Rose, and somehow I ended up in the Black Rose building and doing the management tutorial and spending gold on upgrades. Thankfully, once I actually unlocked it much later, the upgrades stayed. But it was very confusing in the moment.

EDIT: Though it does seem you're making a new version. Well I can't wait to see how it turns out.

2. Sitribella

Sitribella Well-Known Member

Thank you so much! And ooh, I'm presently working out a lot of the logic and possible routes for the new chapter, and subverting Vargas like that hadn't occurred to me -- I'll see if I can fit that in. :)

The new version is coming along smoothly; it's an absolute ton of foundational work, but once I get it done, I should be able to (relatively) quickly get all the old content added in and supplemented with all-new material and scenes. Then we'll be steaming forward with the storyline!

3. Vahn98

Vahn98 New Member

Hi there! Loving the game so far, but I think I hit a roadblock? I progressed to chapter 2, apparently, and got the brothel, but I can't figure out how to actually get to my brothel? None of the areas have the prompt to go there, the only thing that gets me there is repeating the tutorial from Sani. And no, I did not use cheats!

EDIT: Okay, so I unlocked the Black Rose, and can reach the courtyard... but no prompt to go inside the building itself? I'm in Chapter 3 now.

#93 Vahn98, Sep 21, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  4. Sitribella

Hmm, have you used the "home" command at the bottom of the screen? I know there's an issue with using the route from Salt Street, that I need to fix up.

S0m3m0n likes this.
  5. Sitribella

This week's development update: art! You can see a preview over at https://www.patreon.com/posts/surprise-new-art-41897080.

Okay, so the original plan was to hold off on reinvesting the subscriber proceeds into art until we hit $500/month. That said, I strongly believe that Empire of Corruption needs to look its best in order to grow as a project. So I conducted a search, found some super-talented folks, and brought them on board.

At the link, you'll find a little preview of what's in the pipeline. The Corrupted Dryad, drawn by the wonderful Solaice, is one of the new foes you'll encounter in the revised sewer zone. On a search for exotic flora, she became enchanted -- and deeply intoxicated -- by the hallucinogenic mushrooms that grow beneath the city streets. She wants to share them with you. And she's not going to take 'no' for an answer.

Of course, art takes time, and since we're not that far from the first playable preview build you should expect a lot of silhouettes and placeholders. Bit by bit, character by character, we'll get it all filled in. (And for those who want a pure text-based experience, an option to toggle graphics on and off is already in place in the new options menu.)

Some good progress was made this week. After finalizing the conversation interface and working the bugs out, I implemented all of Jellica's initial conversation options and all of the setup for the revised tutorial quest, as well as the pre-adventure loadout screens (the game stores the abilities and gear you last used; you can keep them with a single click, or go to a menu that shows all of your unlocked abilities, letting you easily change them out if you know you're going to need some particular talents for the upcoming quest.)

The game now recognizes what adventure you're on, displays intro text, and picks from an appropriate pool of encounters. The combat GUI is pretty much done but needs tweaking. My challenge for this week is to finish the core combat "loop," and get fights working from start to finish.

S0m3m0n likes this.