Translation

Xayrlen

Feb 20, 2016
Hello, everyone. So, uh... I was playing CoC for a while and this game is pretty amazing. But even if I'm studying English to become an interpreter in nearest future it is still hard to understand everything, and besides, after playing for 40 mins it's getting hard to concentrate. So! I wanted to maybe find some guys, who can help me translate this game into russian. I mean, I can translate text but I can't work with the code which is essential. Don't you think it may be even better if this project will get bigger publicity? Not everyone knows foreign language that good to keep it up with stuff like that. 

Yes, I understand that some people won't like this idea because of time it require to spend, or even ask for money but it worth trying. I think it worth... Yeah. I would love to share this great game with others who can't deal with English.

Hope for understanding!

Draconic

Sep 7, 2015
So are you simply looking for a Russian coder? or just someone who understands code and you can provide the Russian text? You should probably specify what you are looking for. (Your english is pretty good, by the way. English isn't my first language and for me it was pretty brutal to learn on my own)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It is actually text work much more than code. Code for scenes is pretty simple and mostly reduced to parser calls and simple conditions. The real problem is to support variable player gender. I'll remind you, that player can be any of three and every scene should support all versions. CoC is very heavy with descriptions, and with how verb/adjective form in Russion .is depending on associated noun gender...

For ones who doesn't know - every noun in Russian have m/f/n gender, not only persons - any, and there are no strict rules to decide which one should be used, with common thing for synonyms being in different genders. And parser makes it worse. Let's take very illustrative "legNoun" parser call. It can return "coil"="it", "mound"="he" or "leg"="she". Adjectives and verbs should take different forms depending on result. And don't forget that this rule is for singular form, plutal has their own verb/adjective forms.

Reactions: ShySquare

Xayrlen

Feb 20, 2016
So are you simply looking for a Russian coder? or just someone who understands code and you can provide the Russian text? You should probably specify what you are looking for. (Your english is pretty good, by the way. English isn't my first language and for me it was pretty brutal to learn on my own)

I will be happy to find someone to put translatet text in the actual game. Well, more help with the translation will be good, but right now I'm looking for a coder, yes. Because, as I said, I simply dont know how to do that.
P.S.: Well thank you sir! It is my job to know english.

It is actually text work much more than code. Code for scenes is pretty simple and mostly reduced to parser calls and simple conditions. The real problem is to support variable player gender. I'll remind you, that player can be any of three and every scene should support all versions. CoC is very heavy with descriptions, and with how verb/adjective form in Russion .is depending on associated noun gender...

For ones who doesn't know - every noun in Russian have m/f/n gender, not only persons - any, and there are no strict rules to decide which one should be used, with common thing for synonyms being in different genders. And parser makes it worse. Let's take very illustrative "legNoun" parser call. It can return "coil"="it", "mound"="he" or "leg"="she". Adjectives and verbs should take different forms depending on result. And don't forget that this rule is for singular form, plutal has their own verb/adjective forms.

I thought about that, and it is a real problem. But there is a soulution: when it comes for description you can easily use polite version of adressing to player. You see, it is like "Sie" in German - you can use that even if you are talking to a man/woman or even a thing. Much like in russian.
But even so, russian (like every other language when you translating from english) have an ability to change some words but not changing the main sence of the sentence. But it requiers knowledge, knowing how to replace the words with the same sence.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I thought about that, and it is a real problem. But there is a soulution: when it comes for description you can easily use polite version of adressing to player. You see, it is like "Sie" in German - you can use that even if you are talking to a man/woman or even a thing. Much like in russian.

But even so, russian (like every other language when you translating from english) have an ability to change some words but not changing the main sence of the sentence. But it requiers knowledge, knowing how to replace the words with the same sence.

Ooohhh... It would be SO hilariously awkward to use this version... You know, this very formal form doesn't fit well with dirty talk. And CoC, being smut text game, is, like, made of it. And point about parser calls still stands. You just don't know the world which would be used. You'll have to use parser very carefully and in very limited form.

Let's again use same example.
Source: You shift your [leg] idly tapping ground with your [foot].
English, after parser calls:
You shift your insect-like leg idly tapping ground with your foot.
You shift your fuzzy leg idly tapping ground with your paw.
You shift your gooey leg idly tapping ground with your hoof.
You shift your seductive leg idly tapping ground with your high-heel.
You shift your frog leg idly tapping ground with your webbed foot.
You shift your prehensile tail idly tapping ground with your tail-tip.
You shift your gelatinous mound idly tapping ground with your undercarriage.
Try to translate it still using parser calls. Oh, and don't forget that you should translate parser function too with support of matching adjectives with any of the nouns.

K

Krynh

Rather than translate the code as well. Wouldn't it be simpler and easier just to translate the text?

Last edited:

Xayrlen

Feb 20, 2016
No-no! I mean, there is no need to use EVERYWHERE polite way of speech, but only when it comes for description of the situation. And, yes, I understand about the parcel, but it not that hard. Welll, it could be, but still depends. Welp, lets try.

Ваша насекомоподобная нога сдвигается и копыто плавно опускается на землю.

Ваша пушистая нога медленно сдвигается и лапа плавно опускается на землю.

> You shift your gooey leg idly tapping ground with your hoof.
Ваша липкая/склизкая нога сдвигается и копыто плавно опускается на землю.

> You shift your seductive leg idly tapping ground with your high-heel.
Ваша соблазнительная нога сдвигается и каблук плавно опускается на землю.

Ваша лягушачья нога сдвигается и перепончатая стопа плавно опускается на землю.

> You shift your prehensile tail idly tapping ground with your tail-tip.
Ваша ??? сдвигается и кончик хвоста плавно опускается на землю. (here is a total change in the parcel so it migh look like "You have a prehensile tail leg" and there is no way to make it possible in combination with other variants)

Here I simply don't understand what's going on, lol. It would be easier with context.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
No-no! I mean, there is no need to use EVERYWHERE polite way of speech, but only when it comes for description of the situation. And, yes, I understand about the parcel, but it not that hard. Welll, it could be, but still depends. Welp, lets try.

Ваша насекомоподобная нога сдвигается и копыто плавно опускается на землю.

Ваша пушистая нога медленно сдвигается и лапа плавно опускается на землю.

> You shift your gooey leg idly tapping ground with your hoof.
Ваша липкая/склизкая нога сдвигается и копыто плавно опускается на землю.

> You shift your seductive leg idly tapping ground with your high-heel.
Ваша соблазнительная нога сдвигается и каблук плавно опускается на землю.

Ваша лягушачья нога сдвигается и перепончатая стопа плавно опускается на землю.

> You shift your prehensile tail idly tapping ground with your tail-tip.
Ваша ??? сдвигается и кончик хвоста плавно опускается на землю. (here is a total change in the parcel so it migh look like "You have a prehensile tail leg" and there is no way to make it possible in combination with other variants)

Here I simply don't understand what's going on, lol. It would be easier with context.

Well, did you actually play this game? Because the situation is usually either "you are fucking something", "you are being fucked by something" or both at the same time.

And looks like I have to omit translation of the following part, since it is all about things which are impossible to appropriately translate.

Выглядит как до боли очевидный машинный перевод. Именно из-за неестественной структуры предложения. Ну и смысл йоптнулся в транслейшене. Потому что тут нет никакого "плавно опускается на землю", а есть "(бездумно/в задумчивости) (постукивая/отстукивая ритм) ногой". Или лапой. Или кончиком хвоста. Или копытом. Или на чем еще там персонаж передвигается. И каблука там нет, а есть строение стопы с упором на пальцы и костяной "шпилькой" (суккубы). Хвост наги вместо ног это отдельный адъ для адаптации сцен. А последнее это для аморфов, потому что goo вообще хрен знает как переводить. И да, в случае с нагами и аморфами вместо двух ног и множественных форм мы имеем один хвост или mound of goo который тоже я не возьмусь перевести. Чтобы хоть как-то адекватно строить фразы придется отказаться от прилагательных в описаниях частей тела, что приведет к потере большей части атмосферы игры где трансформации являются одний из ключевых частей.

Ну и с родами кошмар получится. У персонажа может быть вагина (она), а может быть анус (он) - да, есть много сцен где идет просто универсальная подстановка. У персонажа может быть член (он), а может быть щупальце (оно, и в русской версии это звучит как-то совсем странно). Если описывается как персонажа гладят по голове, там будет вызов парсера для варианта с волосами (множественное число) или без (просто голова), и это опять же приведет к полной фигне. У персонажа может быть кожа (она), а может быть хитин (он). В общем, дохлое это дело. Ах да, еще есть склонения. В английской версии один универсальный вызов парсера будет работать всегда. А вот для русской нужно будет как-то обрабатывать случаи когда нам ножно получить ноги, ногами, ног, ногах... И да, мы всё еще имеем хвост для наг и кучку чего-то липкого как варианты того что может вернуть парсер.

Xayrlen

Feb 20, 2016
Я играл в эту игру ровно столько, чтобы определиться с тактикой или просто позабавиться. По этому для меня имеет значение контекст, чтобы знать конкретно о смысле предложения.И, поверь, это далеко не машинный перевод. В данном случае я старался построить ситуацию под любые варианты, а в русском языке, при переводе с английского, возможны замены частей речи, конкретизация, удаление ненужных слови такого рода манипуляции.

Чтож, я попытался. В любом случае. И не сомневайся, с английским у меня все в порядке. Проблема заключалась в таких вот моментах, а свободный перевод не составил бы проблем.

Спасибо за внимание.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
А нету контекста. Это просто короткий пример того, как работает парсер. Я не сомневаюсь, что конкретное предложение перевести можно. Но тут же автогенерации много, а вот ее перевести невозможно, это задача которая требует практически ИИ. Именно из-за контекстной зависимости в русском языке, когда английский в большинстве случаев собирается по частям из слов легко. Ну и не используется такое построение фразы в русском языке. Даже если формально ошибки тут нет, это очень отстраненная и безличная форма записи, а это как раз противоположно тому чего добивались создатели игры используя парсер.

Somebody0258

Jun 19, 2017
Well, I guess it doesn't hurt to try to do it myself

You shift [leg] idly tapping ground with your [foot] -> Вы перемещаете свою [нога(В.п.)], и задумчиво постукиваете ей по полу
You shift your insect-like leg idly tapping ground with your foot -> Вы перемещаете свою насекомоподобную ногу, и задумчиво постукиваете ей по полу
Тут уже со всем подойдёт, но надо уточнить некоторые вещи
You shift your prehensile tail idly tapping ground with your tail-tip -> вы перемещаете свою хвосто-ногу, и задумчиво постукиваете ей по полу.
You shift your gelatinous mound idly tapping ground with your undercarriage -> вы перемещаете свою двигательную кучку желе и постукиваете (пошлепываете?) ей по полу

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Here's the lazy way to do it:
Download google chrome
Grab the html version of CoC: Clone or Download (it doesn't have all the content yet)
unzip the file > open coc.html with chrome
right-click > translate

HelliY

Oct 21, 2017
Извини за пожалуй глупый вопрос, но ты нашел способ перевода или нет, просто мой уровень владения английским оставляет желать лучшего, а игру хочется опробовать.

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Извини за пожалуй глупый вопрос, но ты нашел способ перевода или нет, просто мой уровень владения английским оставляет желать лучшего, а игру хочется опробовать.
это лучшее решение: перейдите по этой ссылке, затем используйте переводчик веб-сайтов (у Google Chrome есть встроенный), чтобы перевести контент

HelliY

Oct 21, 2017
это лучшее решение: перейдите по этой ссылке, затем используйте переводчик веб-сайтов (у Google Chrome есть встроенный), чтобы перевести контент
спасибо огромное, но не мог бы ты мне еще раз помочь, я не знаю даже как правильно задать вопрос, когда я перехожу по твоей ссылке все работает, т.к страница html, а если открыть или скачать swf файл то переводчик сайтов у меня не работает, как и где ты вытащил html? или откуда взял эту ссылку? я понимаю, вопросы наверное страшно тупые и невнятные, но больше не у кого спросить

<><

Jun 22, 2017
Эта версия представляет собой проект от поклонника, чтобы поместить игру в html, потому что в отличие от swf его можно легко перевести или отредактировать. Он больше не активно развивается, поэтому, если вам нужен полный опыт, вам все равно нужно будет играть английскую версию.
Я убедился, что ссылка остается новой, поэтому, если они решили обновить ее снова, так будет и эта ссылка.

sinrayasy

Apr 17, 2018
Я знаю как перевести игру, но потребуется дофига переводчиков и авторов, так что кому интересно можете мне написать - поделюсь мыслью.