Translation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy62

Dec 19, 2015
Hello, I'm just wondering : I love TiTS but sometimes there's too much heavy english text for me to stay focused, it could be way much more pleasant to play if it was in my native language. So my question : can someone (me) translate the game without having to go coding again the whole thing ? I'm pretty sure I can translate everything in the game in my language but I don't know how to code.

Thank you for your answers.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
While I can empathize with multi-lingual players who wish a favorite text game to cater to their native language, I know it's a lot more work than just simple word-by-word translation.

Unless there's an auto-translate feature for the game's outputs, I'm afraid it is not a simple task to translate TiTS to another language. The game itself is hard-coded with English in mind, especially with how the sentence structures and vocabulary are set up when parsing. If the text were to be translated, it would require rebuilding the game to be set up for that particular language's vocabulary, syntax, formatting and sentence structures--not to mention a lot rephrasing to fit conversational nuances a native speaker has versus what a computer translator spits out.

While translation would not be impossible on a technical level, from a workload level, it's a huge undertaking. Not only will the parts of the game's engine need to be rebuilt and tailored for that language, but the huge volume of material that needs to get translated (for all variations) will be massive--Just think about the poor soul who will need to translate all variations of Bess/Ben! In the end, it will be pretty much remaking/recoding the game but in the chosen language. Unless there is a person or team willing to do all that leg work, I'm afraid it is wishful thinking.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Best you could hope for is something to catch the output and machine translate it via web request.

Actually, at that point you could just copy and paste or use a text hooker. But I doubt it'd be good enough to enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Then there are poor folks like me whose language's structure would at least triple the amount of gender-related parsing needed.

Vigross

Oct 24, 2016
And how maybe if not to translate a game that even to do that was text recognized in Chrome,  how in Fall of Eden? There through built-in translator more less clear text goes out.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
And how maybe if not to translate a game that even to do that was text recognized in Chrome,  how in Fall of Eden? There through built-in translator more less clear text goes out.

1) a lot of text quality would be lost.

2) What's with you noobs and thread necromancy?

Vigross

Oct 24, 2016
1) At a choice: to understand greater part or practically to understand nothing, it is better to choose first!
2) And hold the wit at itself.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
1) At a choice: to understand greater part or practically to understand nothing, it is better to choose first!
2) And hold the wit at itself.

1) there is also the option to learn the language.

2)What wit? It was barely intelligible 

Now, please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.