To Cure the Land of Corruption

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
From across the multiverse, a group of heroes has appeared within a circular chamber, with high marble walls reaching up to the domed ceiling of painted saints looking down on the sheen golden floors. In the center is an archway, a portal crackling within it.

Suddenly, a figure appears before them in a bright light; a beautiful fifteen-foot-tall elven goddess with green glowing eyes, long golden hair, and dark blue skin marked with silver dots. She informs them that she is Ysra, Goddess of Healing, and that she needs your help. She tells them that a kingdom under her guardianship have fallen to corruption and its heroes had failed, causing them to be overrun by the forces of her evil sister, Lanas. She points to the portal and states that, in order to reach the kingdom, one must travel to them through the archway. They will be brought to the archway a sacred grove that had not yet been reached by the corruption, and that any others must be activated by them.

With that, she bids them well and disappears.

The three women stand in the room in the wake of the disappearance of the elven goddess, as the portal opens up to a serene vision of the sacred grove. Slender blue-barked trees with golden leaves stand within this holy place, signs of the goddess. There is a pond with faintly glowing water, above which dance gossamer-winged fairies. There is a pathway leading down to this place, going further into the woodlands where the corruption is certain to be present.

It is night time, and the crescent moon is high in the sky, shining upon the world.

Kuzya

Feb 17, 2019
Elaine stands in awe amidst this ethereal landscape, her heart pounding against her chest as she finds herself in another realm entirely. As she begins to process a plea of an elven goddess, she feels an overwhelming sense of loss coupled with anticipation...

A cool breeze whispers through the trees carrying with it sounds of nature - crickets chirping rhythmically while owl hoots softly in the distance. Stars twinkle overhead, illuminating the tranquil pond below where tiny lights flicker among lily pads like fireflies dancing on water.

She looks down at herself then - at how out-of-place she must be here amid such serenity after having been tainted by darkness back home...

Elaine shakes her head now is not a good time to think about this and there NEVER will be a good time to think about this...

As the Elaine gazes at the towering trees bathed in moonlight, she finds herself drawn towards one in particular. It's much larger than its neighbors - ancient with gnarled roots reaching far down into moist earth below.

She kneels before it, bowing her head in reverence. With closed eyes and hands clasped together, she murmurs a word of graditude towards the ancient goddess who had once protected this land.

Then suddenly, as if responding to her appreciation in kind, there’s movement amongst branches – leaves rustling gently until they reveal a single blossom nestled within its foliage. It falls onto ground softly like a whisper carried on wind...

She picks up the flower carefully between thumb and index finger...

It’s delicate yet resilient – its petals shimmering silver in the moonlight while its center glows faintly with an inner light much like the stars above. This will serve as both their talisman and a guiding star during the perilous journey ahead...

Last edited:

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
A new Dream... I wonder what awaits us out there Fiona thought to herself looking first around the room, then the waiting grove beyond the portal and finally at the 2 other women she now stood beside ...right as one of them walked through the portal wordlessly. "Ah, wait we-" She began hurriedly saying before stopping as she watched the scene before her. Turning to face the other woman and offering an awkward smile she says "I suppose we should follow her huh? It would be bad if the portal closed behind her after all" before turning back and beginning to walk towards the portal herself.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Surprised as a goddess cam from nowhere decided that her and other are champions that are needed in her world to be save from a dangerous corruption. Jessica doesn't know why she was chosen tho as she never done anything heroic in all her life but she isn't going to let this opportunity pass her, if a goddess like her exist then she must have followers that praise her and donate a ton of cash in her name so there must be a substantial reward for saving her world. " Heh aright let's see what can of fucked up place this is." Jessica follow the two other women that went into the portal.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
The three women walked through the portal into the sacred grove, out from the tall archway within it. As soon as they entered, they felt much calmer than they had before, as they looked upon the tranquil spot.

As they looked around, they could see it was populated not only with the distinct gold-leaved blue-barked trees, but also with many types of flowers: lavender, scarlet roses, periwinkle, and buttercups were just some of the more mundane ones they could find, with some flowers even being luminescent. By the pond were shrubs, blooming with bright red and blue berries. It was both a garden and a temple, able to provide for both the body and the spirit.

Walking from behind the tall ancient tree was slim dark-skinned elven woman with long blue hair, dressed in a long green robe, carrying a dark blue staff sprouting with golden leaves. “I see Ysra has sent heroes to the little kingdom of Elsynvar,” she said as she stepped before the group. “Welcome to the last grove. I am Vayla, a priestess who managed to escape to this sacred place before the demon’s took over my temple. I suppose that makes me the head priestess by default, although I wish it could happen any other way. In any case, let me know what you wish to know.”

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jessica was the first to speak out of the group," So how many are there? are there valuable that we can take for ourselves and how tough are they?." she keep asking multiple question to the dark-skinned-elf not giving her a chance to reply. " I don't want to head in and get myself kid if there are to many people or whatever things look like over here and get myself kill or robbed of my stuff lady."

Kuzya

Feb 17, 2019
Elaine looks at Jessica, a soft sigh escaping her lips. The warrior understands her companion's eagerness and concern, yet she knows they must maintain cohesion and discipline.

"As much as I appreciate your bravery, Jessica," she begins, her tone measured yet kind, "let's allow Priestess Vayla to guide us. Surely she must hold great wisdom earned through many years of service to her deity."

With a reassuring smile, Elaine turns back to Vayla, silently imploring her to help quell any disorder amongst the party. The tension in the air seems to dissipate just slightly under the older elf's presence.

"It's important we respect our elders , during these uncertain times"Elaine continues gently. "And listen to those who have walked the path far ahead of us."
The warrior extends her hand, revealing the silvery blossom clutched tightly within her fingers. "This flower was gifted to us by an ancient tree. We hope it might provide insight into our mission."

Her gaze shifts back towards Vayla, searching for understanding and perhaps even a sliver of hope in those troubled times.

Last edited:

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Now now... let's not start fighting amongst ourselves before we've even set off" Fiona said, trying to placate the other 2 beside her. "As you can likely tell, we'd appreciate whatever knowledge you could spare us Vayla" she continued, looking to the priestess as she spoke.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Vayla listened to the three women each speak, hearing what they had to say first. Once they had finished, she spoke. “As the current priestess of this grove, I can tell you that the kingdom had five champions, and that despite their effort they all fell to corruption and became demon generals. They were known as the Gem Blades, each named after a different stone. From what’ve heard, Emerald Blade, who has command over plant life, was put in charge of the demons within this region. With that in mind, don’t think it’s too difficult to imagine what sort of things you’ll be up against here.”

She then looks to Elaine. “As for being your guide, unfortunately, as much as I might want to join you, I am to attend to this grove. Even so, you will have a guide-in fact, you are holding them as we speak.”

As if by magic, the silver blossom glows brightly, and from it appears a slim humanoid figure made of light with a pair of gossamer wings. Human, please give me form in mind for me to take, so that I may be as such, she heard a soft voice say within her mind.

Kuzya

Feb 17, 2019
The formless entity shimmers slightly, seemingly responding to the Elaine will as best as it could.

A figure takes shape before Elaine - a tiny diaphanous creature formed entirely of light. It had a slender build, similar to Elaine herself but with Fiona's face and an otherworldly expression on it provided the air of an ethereal beauty such a plain face would otherwise lack.

Upon closer inspection, she noticed that the small beauty mark now adorning the entity's lower lip isn't just another speck of light. It's a tiny constellation, comprised of countless twinkling stars bound together by an unseen force.

As she gazed upon it, she realized that every single star that forms this celestial beauty mark is unique – each one a different color, shape, and brightness. The collective glow radiates warmth and comfort, almost inviting her to reach out and touch it.

But as soon as she attempted to do so, her hand passed through the entity without making contact – just another reminder of its ephemeral nature.

Its skin shimmered like moonlight, and it had Jessica's hair that were flowing around it in an ocean of stardust. Its eyes were twin orbs of starlight, filled with wisdom from before the first elves woke up and were alone. Dainty wings sprouted from its back, glowing softly, ready to lift it into the air should the need arise.

All wrapped up in shimmering robes of glowing lavender. It's an image plucked straight out of an children's fable, a beautiful representation of innocence and purity.

The new entity bows slightly, her glow softening even further.
"My name is Serenity. It is my honor to be of assistance."

Last edited:

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Vayla, looking upon the newly minted fairy guide, smiled. “With Serenity’s help, you will be able to find the other sacred groves and reconnect them to the goddess using her magic,” she said. “She is able to sense their divine essence and tell which direction they are in, so you will always know where to go next with her assistance.” The priestess then stopped smiling as she looked to the rest of the group. “Unfortunately though, you will all still have to fight your own battles-Fairies are weak and lack combat magic, but are quick and able to turn invisible at will, so their natural instinct is to escape. I say this so that you will not feel bitterness to your guide and so that you understand.”

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Great, guess we're on are own now." Jessica gave back a salty respond to the elf, " If there's any cash lying around am not the type to share with other's if you catch my meaning." she gave a look to the other two women beside her telling them flat out she not going to share any money between them and it's first come first serve type of thing.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"I'm sure she'll still be of some help... there's no need to dismiss her just because she can't fight..." Fiona piped up. "...Plus I'm sure neither of us are going to plant a dagger in your back so... could you please not glare at us like that?" she continued, somewhat shrinking into herself as she spoke, making her already small frame seem even more diminutive.

Kuzya

Feb 17, 2019
Vayla's words hung heavy in the air, casting a shadow over the joyous occasion. The priestess was right, of course; fairies may know how to spent your life in a way that is productive yet still brings you joy, but great warriors they were not. Their strengths lay elsewhere.

Serenity seemed unfazed by Vayla's somber tone. She floated gently towards the group, her radiant smile never wavering. "I am here to assist you," she said, her voice soft yet confident. "And I shall do my utmost to see you succeed."

Elaine felt a rush of determination. She was positive that she didn't need anyone else to fight her own battles. But for now, Serenity would be invaluable in guiding them to the sacred groves. She nodded at Vayla's words, understanding the restrictions their little helper will be operating under.

The others in the group seemed equally as resolved?

Elaine observed the interaction with a mix of frustration and resignation. She knew that Jessica's attitude wouldn't bode well for the mission, but she also understood that questioning her independence and self reliance may cause more harm than good. For now, she decided to focus on preparing what she could for the journey ahead.

Serenity's reaction to Fiona's defense was subtle yet profound. As the conversation unfolded, her ethereal form seemed to glow ever so slightly brighter, as though infused with a gentle warmth. A soft smile graced her features, reflecting her gratitude towards Fiona for her kind words.

The air around her shimmered with a serene aura, radiating calmness and peace. It was a stark contrast to the tension that hung heavily in the air due to Jessica's stubborn demeanor. Serenity's presence served as a beacon of tranquility amidst the stormy seas of uncertainty and conflict.

However, despite her peaceful nature , Serenity remained vigilant. Her eyes, while filled with kindness, were alert, scanning the area for potential threats. She knew that their journey would be challenging, and she was determined to do whatever she could to alert her charges.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Vayla nodded. “Very well, you may stay here longer if you like, but if you are ready to leave the grove, then you may. Take whatever preparations you feel necessary.” She then walked back to the ancient tree. “Goodbye,” she said, before stepping back behind the tree.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
Jessica turn to the girls." I don't know about you guys but am ready to go and take these asshole down." Jessica start practicing her jabs in quick flourish and moving her legs in rhythm of her jabs as she move back and forth." If any of you need time to think i suggest you talk about it with each other cause i don't want to stay in this place for too long and die of boredom."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Will you slow down for just a minute...?" Fiona sighed exasperatedly. "At least help us gather up some food and water, or barring that collect some for yourself. We don't know what's waiting out there beyond this 'corruption' we've heard of and those that have fallen to it." She continued, letting her frustration feed a fleeting confidence.

sora21345

Aug 5, 2019
Florida
"Yeah scrounging up food and water isn't my type of things am good at, am more of up close beat the crap out of ya type of girl fighter so will you be a dear and scrounge up some food and water for me i'll be happy about that." Jessica then leave the group temporarily and look for the exit of this forest and wait for the others there when their done doing whatever they need to do.

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Fiona could only stare in silent disbelief of the other woman as she walked away before finally turning away and letting a frustrated breath slowly hiss from her lips once she was out of earshot. "Well... that leaves you, I and possibly Serenity if she's able, to gather supplies if you both aren't opposed?" she said looking to the remaining woman and fairy both, her stern tone making the question sound more like a statement than a request.