TiTS Theories, Hypotheses, Shower Thoughts, and Tinfoil Hat Nonsense!

TheShepard256

Additionally, Ausar may not like being compared to dogs, apparent penchant for pet-play notwithstanding.
Syri certainly doesn't, but she's the only one we know of. Then again, it might depend on how far the comparison goes; I can't imagine most would be offended by merely stating the superficial resemblances, but actually (near-)equating them in a not-pretend context would almost certainly be too far for the vast majority.

Also, my headcanon is that dogs can't really tell the difference between ausar and humans.
Demon Queen Syri said:
When I got here, I’d just taken this drug called the Treatment. A big ‘fuck you’ to my family, made me this big, sexy slab of amazon meat you see here.
But that may just be her family.
Syri rejected going to Ausaril Tech and joined the military just to spite her parents, which to me indicates that they wanted her to be an intellectual like Anno(ch). The Treatment is the most anti-intellectual drug that's legal anywhere, so I find it believable that the Dornas wouldn't want one of their kids to take it, which is why DQ Syri did.

Also, just because she meant it as "A big 'fuck you'" doesn't meant they took it that way.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
This is getting into some kinda dark territory.....

I love it.

Also, demon queen syri?

First I've heard of it. Elaborate, please, if its not too much trouble.

TheShepard256

This is getting into some kinda dark territory.....
I'm not entirely certain what you mean.
Also, demon queen syri?

First I've heard of it. Elaborate, please, if its not too much trouble.
She's an NPC in a Halloween event, from an alternate universe where she took the Treatment, Anno is a guy named Annoch, and the teleporter incident sent her to a weird CoC-like artificial dimension that Steele also gets trapped in for the duration of the event. Also, her libido is directly responsible for the state of that dimension when Steele gets there.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I'm not entirely certain what you mean.

She's an NPC in a Halloween event, from an alternate universe where she took the Treatment, Anno is a guy named Annoch, and the teleporter incident sent her to a weird CoC-like artificial dimension that Steele also gets trapped in for the duration of the event. Also, her libido is directly responsible for the state of that dimension when Steele gets there.
The whole comparing the furphobia to irl bullshit.

Idk just seems kinda dark to me.

Also, that event sounds awesome!!! Do you know how I get it?

TheShepard256

The whole comparing the furphobia to irl bullshit.

Idk just seems kinda dark to me.
Ah. Makes sense.
Also, that event sounds awesome!!! Do you know how I get it?
The requirements are:
  • around Halloween (includes using 'tistheseason') or a 1 in 100 chance
  • have never done it before on this save file
  • at least level 7
  • has a cock and/or a vagina
If all of the above are met, it's one of the possible distress signal events you can get when flying around.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Ah. Makes sense.

The requirements are:
  • around Halloween (includes using 'tistheseason') or a 1 in 100 chance
  • have never done it before on this save file
  • at least level 7
  • has a cock and/or a vagina
If all of the above are met, it's one of the possible distress signal events you can get when flying around.
Thank you!!!

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Unfortunately that event is a one off and non-repeatable.

Captain Steele can bring demon queen syri back to his/her universe (which would have two Syri alternates at the same time, one with a dick and one with a vag), but she just runs off and disappears, never to be seen again. Which is rather unfortunate.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Unfortunately that event is a one off and non-repeatable.

Captain Steele can bring demon queen syri back to his/her universe (which would have two Syri alternates at the same time, one with a dick and one with a vag), but she just runs off and disappears, never to be seen again. Which is rather unfortunate.
That my friend is why we have save editing and save scumming.

Also, why the hell does the blurry text turn normal on the reply window thingy? That's just dumb.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Also, why the hell does the blurry text turn normal on the reply window thingy? That's just dumb.
That's how it's always been for spoilers on this forum format.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
That's how it's always been for spoilers on this forum format.
Well if you ask me, it's just stupid.

What, are you supposed to just not respond? What if its a busy thread and it got buried a bit?

Idk why but small design oversights like this just piss me off an admittedly unreasonable amount.

TheShepard256

Did anyone else notice that when Shade talks about how she got her current tail, she refers to her old one in the singular rather than the plural you'd expect from kaithrit?
When she bit into me, my cat-tail burned off to make room.
This might be a bug, or it could be foreshadowing that Shade's father was actually Victor Steele, who wasn't naturally a kaithrit; therefore, she is part human. This spoiler is crucial to my latest theory, so the rest of this post must be spoilered.
Victor may have modded himself into being a kaithrit when Shade was conceived, but that doesn't mean he couldn't've passed on human genes to her. This could easily have resulted in Shade being born with only one tail - as is typical of half-human half-kaithrit. This might have been mistaken for some sort of developmental aberration that causes kaithrit to be born with fewer tails than normal; Occam's Razor would suggest the latter is the case, and not some secret human ancestry, which is why no-one suspected Shade's heritage. She'd also pass those same genes on to Astra, who also has one tail where half-ausar half-kaithrit normally have two, like Saendra.

One might think this would also explain the discrepancy between the two hybrids' ears (Saendra has kaithrit ears, Astra has ausar ones), but this gets more complicated when one considers Kayla. She's half-kaithrit on her mother's side and quarter-ausar, quarter-human on her sire's side, with a single prehensile tail (that will probably get fluffy when she's older) and ausar ears. She must have inherited the gene(s) for ausar ears from her sire instead of the gene(s) for human ears, which means either ausar ears are dominant to kaithrit ears or Cass, like Shade, has some unknown human ancestry. If the former is the case, then Saendra's ausar father must have had unknown human ancestry to explain her kaithrit ears.
TL;DR: either one of Saendra or Cass is secretly/unknowingly part-human, or ausar and kaithrit ears are somehow randomly dominant to each other.

Furthermore, remnants of Victor's time as a kaithrit may explain why a half-kaithrit Steele is born with two tails instead of the usual one.

Lone Wolf115

Did anyone else notice that when Shade talks about how she got her current tail, she refers to her old one in the singular rather than the plural you'd expect from kaithrit?

This might be a bug, or it could be foreshadowing that Shade's father was actually Victor Steele, who wasn't naturally a kaithrit; therefore, she is part human. This spoiler is crucial to my latest theory, so the rest of this post must be spoilered.
Victor may have modded himself into being a kaithrit when Shade was conceived, but that doesn't mean he couldn't've passed on human genes to her. This could easily have resulted in Shade being born with only one tail - as is typical of half-human half-kaithrit. This might have been mistaken for some sort of developmental aberration that causes kaithrit to be born with fewer tails than normal; Occam's Razor would suggest the latter is the case, and not some secret human ancestry, which is why no-one suspected Shade's heritage. She'd also pass those same genes on to Astra, who also has one tail where half-ausar half-kaithrit normally have two, like Saendra.

One might think this would also explain the discrepancy between the two hybrids' ears (Saendra has kaithrit ears, Astra has ausar ones), but this gets more complicated when one considers Kayla. She's half-kaithrit on her mother's side and quarter-ausar, quarter-human on her sire's side, with a single prehensile tail (that will probably get fluffy when she's older) and ausar ears. She must have inherited the gene(s) for ausar ears from her sire instead of the gene(s) for human ears, which means either ausar ears are dominant to kaithrit ears or Cass, like Shade, has some unknown human ancestry. If the former is the case, then Saendra's ausar father must have had unknown human ancestry to explain her kaithrit ears.
TL;DR: either one of Saendra or Cass is secretly/unknowingly part-human, or ausar and kaithrit ears are somehow randomly dominant to each other.

Furthermore, remnants of Victor's time as a kaithrit may explain why a half-kaithrit Steele is born with two tails instead of the usual one.
What total difference between a human half-Kaithrit and a full blood Kaithrit, a half has the tails ears not cat eyes, but what about the flexibility?

TheShepard256

What total difference between a human half-Kaithrit and a full blood Kaithrit, a half has the tails ears not cat eyes, but what about the flexibility?
Half-human half-kaithrit typically have one kaithrit tail, kaithrit ears and human eyes, and males have a kaithrit cock and are slightly more feminine than other half-humans. As for flexibility, I'm not sure that's even a racial trait of kaithrit: flat-chested Bizzy is the only one portrayed as* overly flexible compared to humans (maybe she's a contortionist?), and Nepeta (the kaithrit TF) doesn't give the Flexibility perk while Catnip (the cat-morph TF) does. At the very least, if kaithrit are more flexible than humans, the stereotype exaggerates the difference and is likely an extension of the "kaithrit = cat" stereotype.
*rather than merely 'stated to be, without any demonstrations'

Lone Wolf115

Half-human half-kaithrit typically have one kaithrit tail, kaithrit ears and human eyes, and males have a kaithrit cock and are slightly more feminine than other half-humans. As for flexibility, I'm not sure that's even a racial trait of kaithrit: flat-chested Bizzy is the only one portrayed as* overly flexible compared to humans (maybe she's a contortionist?), and Nepeta (the kaithrit TF) doesn't give the Flexibility perk while Catnip (the cat-morph TF) does. At the very least, if kaithrit are more flexible than humans, the stereotype exaggerates the difference and is likely an extension of the "kaithrit = cat" stereotype.
*rather than merely 'stated to be, without any demonstrations'
No they have two tails.
You are a half-kaithrit. You’re a good 7 feet tall by ancient imperial measurements and 2.13 meters in the more accepted metric system. Right now, you’re wearing a suit of augment-weave armor, going commando down south, and girding your upper body with a bounty bra.

Your face is human in shape and structure, with fair skin. Overall, your visage has a gorgeous profile with plump lips, a button nose and noticeable eyelashes. Normal-looking yellow eyes allow you to take in your surroundings without trouble. The neck-length, gray hair on your head is parted by a pair of cute, fuzzy feline ears, sprouting from atop your head and pivoting towards any sudden noises.

You have a humanoid upper body with the usual torso, arms, hands, and fingers. You have noticeable hips that draw the attention of those around you, and your butt fills out your clothing nicely. Two soft, gray cat-tails sprout just above your ass, curling and twisting with every step to maintain perfect balance. Two normal human legs extend below your waist, ending in normal human feet. Your belly is rock-hard, shaped by a good diet, steady conditioning, or both.
Note that I don't change race I only add(dicks) or increase breast and dick size, the minimum size of dick is 12" some go to 2 or 1 plus inches, the number of dicks is one no more.

TheShepard256

No they have two tails.
Kaithrit Codex entry said:
Human/kaithrit hybrids tend to have more human-like facial features and typically only one tail.
As for your 'proof', I cover that as the last item of the spoiler: "Furthermore, remnants of Victor's time as a kaithrit may explain why a half-kaithrit Steele is born with two tails instead of the usual one.".
Then again, Steele's half-kaithrit kids also have two tails, but this is only seen if there's only one of them less than four years old: "{His/Her} tails sway in the air, curling in on themselves happily.". This could be due to Steele passing on the above to their kids, though given that Steele is otherwise a typical (half-)human that would raise more questions than it answers. I'll file a bug report and let Fenoxo decide which is the case.

Lone Wolf115

As for your 'proof', I cover that as the last item of the spoiler: "Furthermore, remnants of Victor's time as a kaithrit may explain why a half-kaithrit Steele is born with two tails instead of the usual one.".
Then again, Steele's half-kaithrit kids also have two tails, but this is only seen if there's only one of them less than four years old: "{His/Her} tails sway in the air, curling in on themselves happily.". This could be due to Steele passing on the above to their kids, though given that Steele is otherwise a typical (half-)human that would raise more questions than it answers. I'll file a bug report and let Fenoxo decide which is the case.
Well I prefer the two.
How did you get the quote to say the codex entry said?

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
Given that we know Riya likes to hate fuck and degrade non-humans, and is therefore already involved in some way with furries, I doubt becoming furry herself would do anything but make her worse once the irony wears off. That's probably a good place to gauge things. The problem is everyone knows Badger made and released it. So if it ever reached "furpocolypse" levels like Badger wanted, it'd be more likely to turn everyone against those who are willingly furry (Jade, ect. but not species like ausar since they're not full furry and are a naturally occurring species.) through guilt by association, or they'd be viewed as super-spreaders. To no one's surprise, Badger's actions would only cause immense harm and absolutely no good. It's things like this that make me think she may not have an actual doctorate. Thankfully, Badger isn't as smart as she thinks so it's preventable and reversible.

TL;DR: Badger is a complete idiot, furpies would only cause discrimination against furries, and we're lucky we can deal with Badger and that furpies can be treated thanks to the sexy nurse bots who work hard to save the galaxy. The nursedroids are the real heroes in TiTS.
Knowing badger she put a trigger in that once critical mass is reached, the infected start dealing with violence the thraggen way.

TheShepard256

So, this is based on nothing but logic, but I think gryvain culture probably already understood the concept of different sexes prior to First Contact. These concepts wouldn't have applied to them, however, but rather to the non-sapient life-forms around them; the gryvain would have observed that in some other species, individuals could not take on the roles of both mother and sire at the same time. This would have led to the discovery of the distinction between male and female.
Further to this, it's highly likely pre-Contact gryvain speculative fiction posited different ways in which having separate sexes could affect sapient alien societies, ranging from "it makes no difference whatsoever" to "some people are attracted more to one sex than the other" to "one's sex impacts every aspect of one's social standing", with details varying wildly (and often being inaccurate to how it works for other races).

Also, assuming Vendikan life acts similarly to Terran life, I like to think that the gryvain recognised that more intelligent species tend to perform sexual acts with increasingly lowered impetus (the least intelligent only have sex for reproduction, more intelligent ones use sex for establishing social hierarchies, etc.), and from this take the view that 'having sex simply because it's pleasurable' is a trait of only the most intelligent species, such as themselves; as such, they take pride in their highly sexual nature. Naturally, this would cause a negative opinion of toves (who are sapient but mostly asexual) and antisexuals (e.g. Doctor Lash, human religious fundamentalists).

Wily Rodent

Sep 2, 2021
So, this is based on nothing but logic, but I think gryvain culture probably already understood the concept of different sexes prior to First Contact. These concepts wouldn't have applied to them, however, but rather to the non-sapient life-forms around them; the gryvain would have observed that in some other species, individuals could not take on the roles of both mother and sire at the same time. This would have led to the discovery of the distinction between male and female.
Further to this, it's highly likely pre-Contact gryvain speculative fiction posited different ways in which having separate sexes could affect sapient alien societies, ranging from "it makes no difference whatsoever" to "some people are attracted more to one sex than the other" to "one's sex impacts every aspect of one's social standing", with details varying wildly (and often being inaccurate to how it works for other races).

Also, assuming Vendikan life acts similarly to Terran life, I like to think that the gryvain recognised that more intelligent species tend to perform sexual acts with increasingly lowered impetus (the least intelligent only have sex for reproduction, more intelligent ones use sex for establishing social hierarchies, etc.), and from this take the view that 'having sex simply because it's pleasurable' is a trait of only the most intelligent species, such as themselves; as such, they take pride in their highly sexual nature. Naturally, this would cause a negative opinion of toves (who are sapient but mostly asexual) and antisexuals (e.g. Doctor Lash, human religious fundamentalists).
Why, though?
If Gryvain are a result of natural evolution on their planet, couldn't most, if not all species on that world be hermaphrodites? (and very likely have four pairs of extremities, given how Gryvain have two legs, two arms and four wings)
Maybe when they first saw Humans and Ausars, they were like "wow, that's weird, they have biological dimorphism, just like that one weird obscure species on our planet." Or even "So that crackpot exobiologist two hundred years ago who postulated the possibility of biological dimorphism and was ridiculed all over was actually right."

Reactions: TiTSFan

TheShepard256

Why, though?
If Gryvain are a result of natural evolution on their planet, couldn't most, if not all species on that world be hermaphrodites? (and very likely have four pairs of extremities, given how Gryvain have two legs, two arms and four wings)
Because not all species on a given planet have the same basic biology. Comparing it to Terran life, just because humans have two sexes doesn't mean that all other Terran life also has two sexes. Many plants, most (if not all) gastropods and quite a few other species are naturally all simultaneous hermaphrodites, and quite a few species of fish are sequential hermaphrodites (some protogynous, some protandrous); there's even an all-female species of lizard that reproduces through parthenogenesis, and another species (I forgot what it was, exactly) that has no females, only males and hermaphrodites. Point is, there's already quite a variety of different sexual configurations on Earth, and there's no reason to assume that's not the case on similar planets (or moons, in this case).

Continuing the comparison, all mammals on Terra, including humans, share a similar body plan and have two sexes. By that logic, it's quite reasonable to assume that, like gryvain, all mammals* on Vendiko have eight limbs and are all simultaneous hermaphrodites. However, the possibility still exists that some of those mammals or even other vertebrates are not hermaphrodites, and I think it's almost certain that at least some invertebrates and plants have separate male and female sexes.

*Yes, gryvain are mammals; they have mammary glands and hair/fur, and given that their heads are practically identical to human heads they probably have three inner ear bones. Those are the three traits that define a creature as a mammal.

Wily Rodent

Sep 2, 2021
Okay, here is a conspiracy theory for the day:
Why is it that strange eggs containing psychic tentacle beasts are only found on planets with an active XenoGen laboratory?

Reactions: TiTSFan

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Okay, here is a conspiracy theory for the day:
Why is it that strange eggs containing psychic tentacle beasts are only found on planets with an active XenoGen laboratory?

Obviously because regular tentacle monsters lack the empathy and connection for post coital cuddling. Therefore Xenogen created psychic tentacle monsters that can fulfill the need for tentacles and understand emotions to cuddle afterwards. Or a scientist played a Resident Evil game, got horny from the enemies, and made a fucky wucky of a monster he couldn't get rid of in time and now it's everywhere.