Tits Cruelty Potential

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Been looking through some of the things you can do in the game to be a dick.  Or things that turn around to be surprisingly dickish even when your trying to help.

Like just ran out the timer to rescue that dude with Saendra and the Phoenix both to see what happened and because she was gonna get herself killed on that ship and there was no other way.  And I just watched the scene. Damn that made me feel like a dick. The earnestness when I'd faffed off for a week. just sorta made me feel like a heel.  

Any other moments for you guys like that?

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Thinking of my next character just being generic Chaotic Evil. 

Blowing up Tarkus, suppressing Ben/Bess attempting to develop their AI, murdering Taivra and such. 

And selling Kara over in KaraQuest was surprisingly brief. Lucrative and hilarious in a dick move way, but brief. 

I wonder if we'll ever get to glass Myrellion or other worlds at some point. Genocide makes my inner 13-year old writhe happily.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
I wonder if we'll ever get to glass Myrellion or other worlds at some point. Genocide makes my inner 13-year old writhe happily.

I believe you already can. If you activate the self-destruct in the pirate base then sometime later you should get a scene of Myrellion's nuclear annihilation as you're traveling through space. The scene doesn't play instantly, but it does play eventually.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
The Pirates are on Tarkus. Myrellion is the ant planet.

Ah, I'm referring to the pirate base that you invade in KaraQuest 2. Sorry for the confusion. That one in particular is on Myrellion.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I'd prefer exploitation, blackmail, and thievery over the murder-bonering we have now. I hope we get more options than just murderizing entire planets.

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
I believe you already can. If you activate the self-destruct in the pirate base then sometime later you should get a scene of Myrellion's nuclear annihilation as you're traveling through space. The scene doesn't play instantly, but it does play eventually.

Question; you mean the entire planet gets obliterated?

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Question; you mean the entire planet gets obliterated?

The surface does. You can still land near Taivra's palace, although you might have to be on good terms with her to do that, I'm not sure. You cannot leave the caves that the palace resides in, however.

Morrigan

Mar 7, 2016
The surface does. You can still land near Taivra's palace, although you might have to be on good terms with her to do that, I'm not sure. You cannot leave the caves that the palace resides in, however.

Wow, fuck that noise.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015

So Emmy, Embry, Irellia, Xanthe, Yarasta Giala, Orsorre, Orryx, and everyone are all dead?   Why would you do that? 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I don't think they'd all be dead offworlders would probably have a chance to get out before they glassed it. But even then you won't ever see them again.

In that sense, they might aswell be dead, as it would make the outcome, gameplay-wise, no different.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
The scene you get of Myrellion being destroyed mentions various ships evacuating the planet, so characters like Emmy and Embry may have survived. Also, despite what the wiki says, it's not the UGC fleet that glasses the planet. The fleet actually retreats and the reds and golds nuke themselves, having perceived the nuclear detonation of the pirate base as an attack by the other side, I imagine.

Like Woider said, even if some characters did escape they're effectively removed from the game, anyways. Also, I'm not actually sure what triggers the scene anymore. I went back and did it again to refresh my memory, but I had trouble getting it to trigger just by passing the days. Maybe it's number of actions taken, or you get a chance to trigger it when you sleep in your ship, because that's what happened to me this time.

Theoretically it's also possible to be too dumb/distracted to realize what you're doing until it's too late. 

The message you get when detonating the base implies that your character understands the potential consequences of their choice:

"Of course, you do remember something about a fleet ready to glass the planet overhead, if a nuclear launch — or blast, you suppose — is detected...."

This is to warn the player, I realize, but this warning does seem to be contextualized as the character himself (or herself) understanding what they're doing.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Where exactly does this happen again? 

At a certain point in KaraQuest 2 you're given the option to activate the pirate base's self-destruct mechanism. The game warns you of the consequences of this when you choose the option, then asks you to confirm the choice.

Sometime later after the quest is finished you'll get a scene of ships (including the UGC fleet) fleeing Myrellion as the reds and golds nuke each other. I'm not entirely clear on exactly how this particular scene is triggered, though.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
I didn't see it. I don't think. Do you have to be hard?

I just went back and tested it and it appears that the option doesn't show for kind characters. I know for a fact it appears for hard characters, and I think it might appear for mischievous ones. I couldn't remember if the mischievous character I used to test it was actually mischievous or not since it had been awhile since I made him, so I don't know for sure.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I haven't done the mission yet, so can someone tell me if the self-destruct is usefull in any way or is it just the token "evil" option.

Because if it is, I may have to go into a large rant about how Hard =/= Evil. Or at least about how much that kind of evil sucks.

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
I haven't done the mission yet, so can someone tell me if the self-destruct is usefull in any way or is it just the token "evil" option.

Because if it is, I may have to go into a large rant about how Hard =/= Evil. Or at least about how much that kind of evil sucks.

It seems to provide no benefit, at least not at the moment. The intended context is that Steele is destroying the base to spite the pirates. Hard characters don't have to choose this option, it's simply available to them.

It may be a rather wicked choice, but it does have, at least, some excuse for being there. I can appreciate the option being available. I suppose if you're looking to end the war on Myrellion, it's hard to get much more direct than this. You know, if you don't mind some collateral damage.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
There are a ton of quest lines and NPCs still in their infancy so it's good to ask the important questions. Like will we be able to bone Shade and Amara at the same time? And will blowing up the base lower our chances?

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
There are a ton of quest lines and NPCs still in their infancy so it's good to ask the important questions. Like will we be able to bone Shade and Amara at the same time? And will blowing up the base lower our chances?

.....  Probably not more than murdering her men to get there or putting her in the hospitable or being a lying fink. 

Though if you still want them off planet and to have a chance selling her out at the very end might help.