The Twelve Aspects. (for Aphroditus Dionysus)

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Perhaps,"
She said stoicly as she looked past her hand over the horizon.
"The pull is strongest this way, we should make haste. The people there are already likely in great danger, be on your gaurd, there's no telling how these deamons might assault us, or how many people it may have corrupted."
Nuru said in her practiced regal tone before grabing the reins of her steed and riding off ahead (side saddle of course)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The group made good time across the fields and grazing land of Thuluna, and by the time the sun was setting had put many miles behind them. Just as they were preparing to stop for the night, however, Ibrahim called out. "Dust cloud over the next hill." Looking in the direction he had indicated, Nuru saw the rising cloud, and heard the rumbling of many horses. Suddenly, a man on a towering black stallion crested the hill. The large man was dressed in brigandine armor, and had an ax at his hip, but what truly caught Nuru's attention was his face. He wore no helmet, and the head of a large black wolf sat on his shoulders; if a wolf's lips could twist into a cruel grin. He let out a shout, and more men on horseback joined him on the hilltop, at least a dozen, all armed with a hodgepodge of armor pieces and weapons. With another yell from the wolf-man they kicked their horses forward with eager cries and shouts.

"Raiders from the west!" cried Ibrahim. "We've been spotted!"

"Protect the Princess!" cried Borem.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Hold your ground men!"
Nuru said with as much confidence as she could muster before reaching into her sachel to produce a bag of caltrops
[One use of adventuring gear should do nicely here]
Before tossing them all about the steep rise of the hill in front of them and drawing her sword making sure she and her steed were at the back of the colum.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The caltrops Nuru threw bought them time as the raiders turned in a wide arch to avoid them, this let Ibrahim get several shots of, but despite his best efforts the wolf-man managed to maneuver himself to keep his lackies between him and the archer. Several of the raiders fell to Ibrahim's arrows, however, and by the time they reached the group their numbers had been halved. As her companions moved to intercept, taking two each, the wolf-man finished his circuit around the group, and charged Ibrahim, ax raised.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
(No, not Ibrahim! He's totes my favorite, (I'm totally not biased towards guys with great facial hair at all))

Nuru kicked at the stirrups of her steed to gain a burst of speed as she leaned to one side of the saddle before launching her attack,
With a dancer's grace she lept from the saddle blade first hoping to intercept and dismount the foul savage!

[Hack and slash with Dex, so 2d6+1 and I got a, 6+5+1 12! Fuck yeah! I swear its legit, I can start rolling these on a public table if you want, holy crap I can't belive I have yet to bomb a roll. I'm also going to decide to take the extra d6 damge over not getting attacked since this is kind of an all or nothing manuver and I live for this shit anyway. I don't have my two handed weapon yet so thats just going to be 1d8+1d6, and I got a , Jezus christ 7+5 for a total of 12 damage, again I swear I'm not making these up, GMs honor.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Nuru flew through the air, connecting with the big man-dog, and sending them both tumbling to the ground. The impact sent her head spinning, and for a moment she didn't know which way was up. Her senses cleared quickly, however, when she realized that she was no longer holding her sword. Glancing around, she found it stuck in the chest of the wolf-man as he lay on his back, coughing up his last breath. Before her eyes, his features began to melt and reshape, into those of a ragged, but still quite human, man. Then something began to well up from the wound in his chest. A black trail of smoke that slowly took the shape of a great canine, though its features were hazy and insubstantial. Two smoldering red eyes regarded her with unmitigated fury, before looking at its surroundings; as if searching for something.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
I reach out and try to invoke the power of the imprisoning rune in my hand, laying a hand on the phantom if I must,

[Btw How much damage did I take?]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[You succeeded on your hack and slash roll with flying colors, so you don't take damage. Although, you need to make another one to touch the spirit.]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
(Cool)

[Lets see, another dex based attack so 2d6+1 and its a, holy shit 13, I need to go buy some lotto tickes, I can do no wrong!]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The spirit's eyes locked onto one of the other raiders, and it made to leap into the air. It stopped mid jump, however, as Nuru's hand made contact with the incorporeal mass. With a great howl, the aspect was drawn into the rune in her hand, becoming a small cyclone as its essence was pulled in. Then it was gone, and the raiders were routed. Fleeing for their lives, they didn't even stop to look back as Nuru claimed her first victory.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Nuru stared a the rune in her palm for a moment as it shimmered slightly, feeling the new power radiate through her.

"And so it begins."
She murmered to herself

Then with newfound confidence she declared
"Men! You have all fought bravely & we stand victorious! Now I need you all to get on your hands and knees and pick up all these caltrops. I'm not stingy, I don't want them back, I just dont want my horse to step on any of them as we sally forth, also leaving them there would just be rude."
[Chaotic Bossy +1 xp]
[I also think its safe to assume that the new aspect was both a noteworty treasure and opponent so that sounds like +2 Xp to me]
(Afterwards we would burn the bodies (according to tradition) and head for the next settelment nearest another aspect as I imagine it's getting late.)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The men made a token effort of trying to find the caltrops, but after a while it was declared a lost cause, and they were back on their way. However, the sun was setting fast. "Princess Nuru, it will be dark before we reach the nearest settlement. I suggest we make camp for the night," said Borem, pulling his horse up next to Nuru.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Soon tents were pitched, and a campfire built. The three men split watch duty among themselves, which left Nuru to try and get some rest on a hard bedroll.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Nuru was ill suited to the present situation of trail life, her life of pampered opulence was for the first time, a detriment.
Who would have thought that slaying deamons would be easier than camping?

Unable to sleep she sat up in her tent and blew a blond tuft of hair back out of her veiw, her mind drifted to the image of Ibrahim's strong bow arm dispatching so many of her sworn foes. She shook her head and dismissed the idle fixation,
She gased into the rune on her hand, somewhat intoxicated by her first dose of real power. She ponderd the true extent of her newfound power, and, carefully, attempted to commune with the aspect imprisoned within her.
[Should I roll something?]

Last edited:

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Ohhh ok, no wisdom mod to speak of, lets see how this goes, fuck 10, I'm not even kidding, I'm now afraid I'm some kind of dice rolling god and this power will consume me]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Nuru could feel power welling up inside her, and for a moment she thought it would consume her. But, with will, and ironclad determination, she managed to keep it from slipping away from her.

[Okay, you got a ten, so pick two canine features you want.]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Like permemantly? Or for when I transform ala hentai power ranger?
should they only be animal themed or is a more bodacious bod an option?]

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Until you choose to change them, yes, permanently. And yes, you can use it to gain a general boost to physique.]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Ohh gosh tough call, I think I'll go with a bigger booty and a dog tail, blone golden retriever, of course]

[Do I still transform when I invoke my heroic aspect?]

Last edited:

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[I'm not sure how to explain it, but like, since Angel Blade and other Henshin style anime was a direct inspiration for this RP I assumed that when I invoked an aspect, I would undergo a super hero-esk trasformation where my body might morph, and I would summon a kinky fetishised hero costume while in my 'hero form' does that make sense?]

Last edited:

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Thats what I ment when I said I want all of my class abilities tied to my 'hero' 'transformation']

[Maybe this will help,
3b4af0399c72f7bf71e752497133d2ef.gif
]
Man I never get tired of watching that.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Oh... I see. Well, sure, that can be a thing. Just try to keep the transformation, and outfit, in line with which aspect you're channeling at the time. In the case of the dog, I'd say a taller, more athletic build, and canine features would make sense.]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Cool, yeah my thoughts as well]
[I actually have a relly sick Idea for when I actually use this]

Nuru communed with the miscevious dark spirit inside of her, she felt it's psyche acuiese to her dominace, she was the alpha now.
She could feel the tricksters power to change shape shape course into her hand as she outstretched her fingers and her finger nails became canine like claws, a thin coat of sable fur spread across her hand and forearm as she clenched her fist, before releasing her grasp on the power and watching her hand fade back to normal.
"....Strange,"
She murmered quietly to herself.

She closed her eyes & the caninie spirit showed her the foriengn shores of its homeland, showed her planes beyond the mortal relm, & all the divine beings it had mocked.
The images bacme stranger & lewder as it went,
Nuru was shocked and appauled, and yet also strangely aroused. How much of that was her, and how much was it the spirit now sharing her body? She feared that calling upon this disceet conciousness, even when so under her power, could influence her psyche.

She slowly distanced herself from the entity, and put it back in its eldeich kennel. The ordeal of communing in this way had exausted her, and now she found sleep quite welcoming.

As she drifted off to sleep the lewd images of the spirit world still danced in her head just behind her eyes.... she did not remember her dreams that night, only what they felt like.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The next day, the rune on Nuru's hand was still leading them west, out towards the waists. Soon fields and forests gave way to savannas, and soon those would give way to badlands, if they continued on course; though they still had a few days before that happened.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Time to try and Discern Realities! 2d6+0 ='s, womp womp, I got a 4. Had to happen at some point. I'll take that +1xp thank you, as I assume something bad happens]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Focused as they were on the horizon, none of the group noticed the large shadow looming over them. A sudden rush of air was the only warning that Nuru got, and she turned to see the massive form of a vulture the size of an elephant just above her. The creature's outstretched talons wrapped around her, and with a quick beat of its wings, Nuru was lifted into the air to dizzying heights. As the frantic cries of her comrades disappeared below her, the giant bird flew higher and higher, carrying Nuru into the sky, before turning north and heading towards the great mountains that formed the northern boarder of Thuluna.