The Tentacle Beast and the Nursery

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016

I actually don't agree with this "umbrella" and it was one of the very first things I mentioned to fen way back when I started writing (he disagreed). TiTS is completely and utterly different to CoC in terms of tone; all you need to do for an easy comparison is look at the intro sequences. CoC starts and the first scene is an imp trying to fuck you in the mouth. Immediately, you can go out into the wilderness and get filled with imp jizz, or fight goblins or whatever. In TiTS the usual player experience is probably to wander around Tavros a bit, then fly to Mhen'ga and do town stuff before you ever venture into the wilds. It sets up completely different expectations for the player (and writers), which is really important. The TiTS universe is far more friendly and nice  than CoC ever was. The venus pitchers try to talk to you before they fuck you, even. And I don't want to hear any arguments about how the corporate dystopia of TiTS is somehow worse than the literal demon-infested rapeworld of CoC.

Neoptolemus

Aug 14, 2016
No arguments here. As dark as my projections and extrapolations paint the TiTSverse to be, CoC is way, way worse. :eek:hdear:  

I think you have a good point about how TiTS is different on the whole, but I do think that parts of it have been written as if it were the same. And I think that's where this disconnect of "Is it a grimdark hellscape? Is it a somewhat decent place? It changes from moment to moment!" comes from.

While that might be "realistic" in the sense of "it's a big universe, environments will be varied," I do think it hurts the cohesiveness of the game as a whole, and makes it feel like it's pulling in two different directions sometimes.

I'm not sure that's a direct legacy of CoC so much as a necessary corollary of Fenco seeking to appeal to a large range of interests. Even leaving aside the question of fetishes, I'm pretty sure if you asked 10 players what the balance of GrimDark and Fun Adventure should be, you'd get at least 11 answers.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well TiTS is for sure nothing like CoC. WHich is a bad and good thing depending on personla pov of people comparing it.

As for Eggs...not only Anno would buy it but seems it was about WHAT happened to Anno when we flied out and she had this egg near her...welll so far we are at "never know..." stage but I not think anyone soon will jump to write something for this specific case.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I'm not sure that's a direct legacy of CoC so much as a necessary corollary of Fenco seeking to appeal to a large range of interests. Even leaving aside the question of fetishes, I'm pretty sure if you asked 10 players what the balance of GrimDark and Fun Adventure should be, you'd get at least 11 answers.

TBH i would probably give two answers myself.  One in hype, a modified version after hype wears off.  

Well TiTS is for sure nothing like CoC. WHich is a bad and good thing depending on personla pov of people comparing it.

As for Eggs...not only Anno would buy it but seems it was about WHAT happened to Anno when we flied out and she had this egg near her...welll so far we are at "never know..." stage but I not think anyone soon will jump to write something for this specific case.

My theory is she fries them.  Maybe has Yammi make some seafood of questionable origin.  All we can safely assume is that since batshit dosn't happen, the eggs are not active after Anno does whatever it is she does with them. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
My theory is she fries them.  Maybe has Yammi make some seafood of questionable origin.  All we can safely assume is that since batshit dosn't happen, the eggs are not active after Anno does whatever it is she does with them. 

Well with Yammi and Anno already bot on ship Imagine moment egg open to have fun with Anno either she or Yammi or both suprising fast knocking it out and then Yammi procced to make some space sushi out of it. And only PC may next day wonder why this sushi taste a lil wierd :p

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

It gets sent to Steele Tech HQ and then jumps at some poor intern. Because in the corporate dystopia of TiTS, internships always equal suffering.

Even if she sends them to her black market contacts, their interns get fucked.

Reactions: Lynara

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It gets sent to Steele Tech HQ and then jumps at some poor intern. Because in the corporate dystopia of TiTS, internships always equal suffering.

Even if she sends them to her black market contacts, their interns get fucked.

Promo slogan to get interims: come join us and survive adventure of your life. You can keep IT afterward if you survive!!!

For black market I think their will just be like: Anno gimme gimme us more of this stuff ^^

Zavos

May 7, 2016
This sorta reminds me, if Robomom gets her hands on a wanderlust, what are the odds that it will eventually become a employee/test subject for Steele Corp? 

Back on subject (kinda): I don't think Steele is that cruel to interns.  You're thinking of TamaniCorp.  

I think Steele offers a bunch of vacation days to whatever tentacle fetishist steps up and volunteers. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It was naturaly partialy joke. Well but to think you think it would be TamaniCorp that would do as I said. Well Tamani from look of her pic not look so....demonicaly mastermind-like.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
It was naturaly partialy joke. Well but to think you think it would be TamaniCorp that would do as I said. Well Tamani from look of her pic not look so....demonicaly mastermind-like.

Have you not read the Bubble Buddy promo e-mail? Tamani Inc. interns have to be incredibly desperate or extremely promiscuous,  cause I'm willing to bet that all kinds of weird PR stunts and product testing are done with their 'help'.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Nik_van_Rijn I do seen this mail. BUt siutll sying as far her app desc is she not look so devilish...even I know she and her corp may be almsot as shady as Xenogen jsut with less shady but more pleasure. SO having use of tentacle kinder suprise egg would be not outside their area of interest and how to make profit of this.

Ummm now imagining if that email was promting instead of BB actualy this egg ^^