The Runefang Chronicles (For Archangel99)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The chameleon lead them through the hills and valleys of the lower mountains until the unmistakable sound of women's voices could be heard echoing through the rock walls. "Well, here we are. Just around that bend is the nesting grounds. Best of luck to ya," she said, as she began climbing out of the valley.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Best of luck to me? I... Don't like the sound of that..." He mutters, grimacing and walking around the bend to see what he can find.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
What he found was a small dead end canyon. The walls were rough and jagged, with a multitude of outcrops and shelves. On these rocky protrusions were several large piles of sticks and branches, as well as a dozen women with the legs and wings of great birds roosting in them. Fortunately, they hadn't seemed to notice him yet.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He was starting to get a bad feeling about this... But, he had a mission.
With a deep breath to steady himself, he walks forward, right to the base, and then calls out. "Hello up there!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
At once the conversations stopped, and a dozen heads suddenly peeked over the ledges at him.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Welp. This was awkward.

"Uhhm... Hello up there! My name is Lazarus Runefang, and I'm here to seek help!" He calls out.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Before Lazarus had even finished his name, one of the harpies bolted up and yelled, "A Man!" As one, the bird-women took to the air and swooped down onto Lazarus; open talons, and eager faces, desperately seeking him.

"Welp, good luck, lover boy," said Eleanor, taking to the air.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Hey! Back off!" He yells loudly, grabbing his staff and swinging it in their general direction, his eyes made of stone. "We can talk pleasantries after I've gotten what I wanted!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The harpies surged away as one before scattering, and coming to ground in a circle all around him, staying just out of striking distance. "Oooh, he's a feisty one, isn't he, girls?" one young harpy squawked.

"Sure is!"

"I always wanted a puppy!"

Just as they began to look like they might try to pounce, a sound unlike any Lazarus had ever heard cut through the air. A sharp keening like that of a great eagle, but with the unmistakable shriek of a woman underpinning it, assaulted his ears and those of the surrounding harpies who all recoiled from him clutching their ears. All of the harpies looked back to the nests on the cliffs, and following their gaze, Lazarus saw another harpy perched on the largest one. With a single beat of her massive wings, she was in the air and hit the ground a few dozen feet from the group, who parted to form a path between her and Lazarus. Now that he had a clear look at her, Lazarus eyes widened at her sight. She stood a head and shoulders taller than the other harpies, and unlike the rest, who were little more than skin and bones, she was powerfully muscled with thick limbs and broad shoulders. Like the rest, she had little in the way of breasts or feminine curves, but hers was a different kind of allure. The dangerous allure of a predator, that you admire, yet hope never to be the focus of. She stalked toward Lazarus on talons that were twice the size of a full grown bears, and clacked against the stone floor of the canyon. Her plumage was as black as Lazarus' fur, as was the thick straight hair that fell from her head over her body, almost to her knees. She regarded Lazarus with clod blue eyes before speaking. "Well... well... well... What do we have here?" She spoke slowly as she eyed him up and down. "It's been some time since a male willingly came into this canyon."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He eyes the woman up and down, hardly intimidated by her size and looks.
"Yes, well... I need help. And if I can't get it, I might as well leave." He says, eyeing the other harpies.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Really? And what kind of help might that be?" she asked, closing the distance between them.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Get me to the top of that mountain. And it would also be appreciated if you would help with killing the dragon up there. I think he's had his fun long enough." Lazarus says coolly, still maintaining eye contact.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Dragon?" she echoed, quizzically. "Why would you want to pick a fight with old Scorch?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Because, to put it simply, he stole one of my slaves. I intend to get her back. Preferably alive." He growls.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The harpy let out a low chuckle. "Well, I hope you weren't too attached to that pussy. It's going to be a mineshaft by the time old scorch finishes with her," she said, with a wicked smile. "Still, if you want to get yourself killed chasing after sloppy seconds, don't let me stop you. If you want to get up that mountain, you really only have two options. Either grow a set of wings of your own, or convince a couple of the girls here to give you a lift," she motioned to the crowd of harpies. "I just happen to have a little something that could handle the wing dilemma. It's your for a hundred and fifty gems."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He glances at the girls. "I don't suppose anyone would like to just scurry on up with me, deposit me there, and then fly back?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Oh, we'd love to," said one harpy, stepping up and placing her wings on Lazarus arm possessively.

"But we need something from you first," cooed another.

"A little fertilization," muttered a third, flaring her tail feathers.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Uhhhh... Can it wait until we get back? Please? The last thing I want to do is fuck before a battle. I'll be too tired to fight properly." He says, glancing at her.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Aw, are you sure? What makes you so confident that you'll come back?"

"No body who's gone up their has, except for a few girls who all came back down walking funny for the rest of their lives."

"But, if you insist." The harpies finally relented, and three of them took to the air, two clutching Lazarus' arms in their talons, while a third lead the way.

As he was lifted to unimaginable heights, Lazarus could see a speck of green out of the corner of his eye. Looking closer, he saw that it was Eleanor following at a considerable distance. The group rose higher, and higher, until they had pierced the clouds, and Lazarus saw his destination. Built into the top of the mountain was an ancient castle. Most of the structure was in ruin, but their were a few towers left, as well as the main keep. "So, where do you want us to drop you off?" asked one of the Harpies.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Frankly... Wherever that's closest." He murmurs, swallowing as he looks down. That was a long... Long... Long fall!

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"If you say so," they replied, and promptly dropped him on the balcony of the tallest tower, before flying off. "We'll be back to check on you tomorrow!" they called, as they left him high and dry.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He takes a deep breath to steady himself. "Okay. Ooookay. I'm kinda starting to have second thoughts about this..." He groans before starting to look around for a way into the castle or keep.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Heading into the tower, Lazarus wound his way down the ancient structure. Despite its age and lack of upkeep, the place was still serviceable, though all the rooms he came to were either stripped bare, or filled with ruined furniture and other brick-a-brack. The statuary had survived though, and gave a clear indicator of who built the place. Demonic figures stood in alcoves lining the stairs, some powerful, some sensual, but all were completely nude with no effort spared in the detail of their sexual equipment, be they male, female, or something in between.

Eventually, the tower let out onto a massive courtyard. Across the nearly five-hundred foot wide expanse of broken granite pave stones, lay the keep. Its windows of all three floors were empty of glass, and the main door had been shattered long ago, leaving the entrance looking like the yawning mouth of a many-eyed face. In the center of the courtyard stood the largest statue that Lazarus had seen yet. The towering edifice had endured the elements better than the rest of the castle, and depicted a powerful female figure with long flowing hair and massive bat-like wings. The figure's breasts were at least f-cup yet completely devoid of sag, thanks to a supportive girdle it wore, and between its legs was a cluster of three phalluses, one human, one canine, and one equine, each fully erect, and the size of Lazarus arm. A bronze plaque was affixed to the stone base that the statue stood on, and read: Lethice; Lord of Many Forms.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He is amazed at the sheer detail and effort that went into creating the castle, and sometimes pauses to admire a particularly lewd statue here and there. A brief 'What if they turned living people into stone?' passes through his head, but he dismisses it, walking up to the base of the statue, and peering at the pedestal. "Hmm... Lethice, eh?" He murmurs, looking up at the statue. "I don't suppose you could tell me where my slave is, hmm?" He asks, not really expecting the statue to reply.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Lazarus stood before the statue, a chill breeze blew through the courtyard, kicking up small rocks and sand into a tiny dust devil that casually zigzagged towards the keep.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
He glances towards the keep, then at the statue. For a moment, he wonders if something was actually listening. In a place like this, it wouldn't be out of place. Buuuut... This woman was probably long dead. With that thought in mind, he turns and starts walking towards the keep.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Stepping through the doorway, Lazarus found himself in a large foyer with two hallways leading off into the darkness to the right and left, and a large double door in front of him that sat slightly ajar. From behind said door, came the unmistakable sounds of coitus. Elizabeth's strained moans and cries, as well as the slapping of flesh upon flesh worked their way into Lazarus ears. "Sounds like we're too late," came the whispered voice of Eleanor from behind him.