The Island (In-Game)

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
You’re not sure when you had passed out but suddenly you find yourself jolting awake as blanket of water briefly wraps over you before receding. You are soaked and covered in wet sand. As you take a moment to examine your surroundings you realize that you have ended up on a beach. The beach turns into a field of grass for about before meeting a forest about a mile away. The forest follows the coastline 30 miles in either direction.

The beach has no people other than yourselves. Wreckage from your plane has washed up on the beach and your equipment is scattered around in the sand. As you glance back into the ocean look just in time to see the tail of the plane sink under the water and a brief flash of memory hits you. Flight 19. Rescue Mission. There was an explosion! One of the engines caught fire. The plane began to whine as it dove into the ocean - but there shouldn’t have been an island here.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Barbara forced herself into a sitting position and wiped the sand from her face. As her vision cleared, and she watched the tail of her plane slip beneath the water, the surreal filter of the scene faded and reality set in. Jumping to her feet, her head whipped around frantically, as she tried to locate the rest of the crew.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Startled awake by the waves crashing over her, Denn leaned up, holding her head as she surveyed the scene. Shaking her head to clear it, she started to stand up and check if she was injured. Finding no obvious injuries, Denn moved to the nearest person, asking them "Hey, wake up, we need to get everyone out of the water." before beginning to check for any obvious wounds.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Jimmy had his head half planted into the sand, he suddenly jolt up as he is awakened by Denn "I-I'm awake ! .. i am awake ... " he take some deep breaths looking around in confusion " there was an explosion ..." he scratch his head " the plane crashed didn't it ?" he look at the wreckage and sighs .He wipes the sand off his face and clothes but there is still a lot of sand ,he sigh again " i will get the rest out of the water" he quickly run towards the sea and dip in trying to rescue someone if he could.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Jorgen groans as he sits up, then groans again when he sees the tail of the plane sinking beneath the waves. "Son of a... Argh... Welcome to destination fucked, crew..." He mutters before staggering to a kneeling position, and from there, standing up and looking around. Spotting the rest of the crew, he heads over. "Guys... Any idea what happened?" He mutters before shaking his head. "I got to sleep for five minutes, and then wake up to find out we've crashed. Sooo... Who fell asleep at the wheel?" He asks, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
Jimmy had his head half planted into the sand, he suddenly jolt up as he is awakened by Denn "I-I'm awake ! .. i am awake ... " he take some deep breaths looking around in confusion " there was an explosion ..." he scratch his head " the plane crashed didn't it ?" he look at the wreckage and sighs .He wipes the sand off his face and clothes but there is still a lot of sand ,he sigh again " i will get the rest out of the water" he quickly run towards the sea and dip in trying to rescue someone if he could.

Jimmy is able to swim to the wreckage beneath the water. He does not find any survivors in the fuselage.

[Roll 11 +1 (Swim)]

[Roll 17 +2 (Spot)]

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Jen could feel the warm water coming and going but she was so tired and getting up in the morning was just so hard. She could hear voices in the background and they seemed excited, or was it worried? She slowly opened her eyes only to find the warm sand reflecting a large amount of sunlight. It hurt at first but once she used her hands to shield her eyes a little she realized something was wrong. The girl could see part of her crew standing in a foreign beach. She had to think, trying to remember what happened before she made sense of the scene in front of her. "We... crashed."

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Seeing no other survivors Jimmy go back to the surface "no other survivors in the wreckage "he swims back to shore " I guess it is just us " he sigh looking at everyone "only the five of us ... not a good first mission " he say to himself before asking to everyone else "who is in charge now ?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"We kin figure out who's the boss after we get our gear out of the water," said Barbara, her Irish accent thick as usual. Wading into the water, she grabbed a familiar looking pack and dragged it back to the beach. Once on dry land, she opened the backpack, prying that the waterproof sealing had held up during the crash. Looking inside, she let out a sigh of relief when she saw that her survival gear was inside, and quite dry. "I'd grab the rest of those bags, if I was you lot, afore the current takes them away."

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Jen mustered herself up, she still felt a little light headed but at least she could think straight now. She looked around more carefully trying to come up with ideas to make the best out of a really bad situation. She had her backpack on which probably helped her float to the shore and likely saved her life. The girl left her belongings in the white sand intending to help the other fish out as much equipment as they could out of the water. "You're right. We will need as much as we can get. It might take a while until they send another team to rescue the rescue team. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic."

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Glad to see that everyone looked to be unharmed from the crash, Denn began collecting her belongings, making sure that nothing was damaged and that the seals of the items in her medic bag had held. Once everyone had their things, Denn began looking around to see if there were any areas she could see that would be a better spot to at least get organized, if not set up a temporary camp. While looking around she called out "We need to at least get off of the beach, we have no protection from the elements here, and a rescue won't be coming for at least a day."

[Spot check to find somewhere with more protection]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Ah. Crap. The redhead's right..." Jorgen mutters before diving into the sea, and grabbing his backpack with the survival gear in it, and wading back to shore. "I hope you guys brought tents. Because I have only one. And it can only fit two!" He says once he's back on the shore.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Oi! It's Barbara," she called to Jorgen. "And Denn's right, might as well look for a campsite sooner rather than later," she added, pulling her things onto her back, and walking up beside Denn to help her scope out the area.

[Aid another on Denns spot check.]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Barbara is a mouthful. I'm just gonna call you Barb. I doubt I'd be that far off, anyway." He says with a snort.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"And we should not forget to keep a fire going. We want to be easily spotted from the air and it will keep critters away." The girl said simply following the others along. "If we burn some green branches we will get a nice visible smoke sign."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"I think what's more important is that we first get to high ground. See if we can get a bit of a layout of this place. Plus, it would help if we could find the wreckage of the last team that was sent in here." Jorgen says, waving his hand in the air to indicate he's talking about the island.

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Continuing tp scan the distance, Denn responded "These are all good points, although I'm not sure if we'll find the wreckage of The last team. I couldn't see any land around where we were when we started going down, so it's possible we got carried quite a ways by currents. Anyways, we need to prioritize our necessities, drinkiable water is probably at the top of that list, followed by shelter. It doesn't do us much good to have a signal fire if we're all dead when they find it."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Oh. Right. Water. Can't believe I forgot that... Uhh... I don't suppose anyonebrought a water filter along?" He asks, grimacing. It was highly unlikely... This was supposed to be a simple rescue mission, not a protracted survival on a random mysterious island!

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
"No, I didn't bring anything capable of filtering sea water. And while I did bring rations, they got wet and aren't going to keep very long now."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well... If someone got a pot, we could probably boil whatever water we find on the island? Did anyone bring a portable stove or something?" He calls out.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
"I sincerely doubt it. We were supposed to be the ones doing the rescue, not the ones trying to scrape by god knows where."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Well... At least I brought a tent. Goddammit i should have taken the pot instead..." Jorgen groans.

AsgardianPope

Mar 13, 2016
Glad to see that everyone looked to be unharmed from the crash, Denn began collecting her belongings, making sure that nothing was damaged and that the seals of the items in her medic bag had held. Once everyone had their things, Denn began looking around to see if there were any areas she could see that would be a better spot to at least get organized, if not set up a temporary camp. While looking around she called out "We need to at least get off of the beach, we have no protection from the elements here, and a rescue won't be coming for at least a day."

[Spot check to find somewhere with more protection]

"Oi! It's Barbara," she called to Jorgen. "And Denn's right, might as well look for a campsite sooner rather than later," she added, pulling her things onto her back, and walking up beside Denn to help her scope out the area.

[Aid another on Denns spot check.]

Denn received some assitance in surveying the area in an attempt to find somewhere suitable for a shelter. The land in their immediate area was rather bland without anything that could be considered a shelter. The land seemed to be mostly flat without any sort of cover until one reached the forest a mile a way. Due to the distance it hadn't been obvious before but it seemed this island did have some sort of high ground as a rocky construct was peaking just over the horizon. Using the range finder on the Binoculars the mountain looks like it is 50 miles away.

[Barbara: Aid Another]
[Denn Spot : Roll 14 +2 (Aid Another) +4 Spot+2 Binoculars=22]

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Having finished surveying the terrain, Denn turned back to her fellow soldiers, "There doesn't appear to be anything that would provide shelter other tha n the forest. However, there is some sort of large rock formation obout 50 miles that way," pointing towards the construct. "We may be able to find use that to get a better idea of our surroundings. But that will have to wait until we at least have a reliable source of water, because none of us can make that trek without water."
"So it seems to me that we have two real options, first we can walk into the forest hoping to come across a lake of some sort, or we walk along the edge of the forest looking for some sort of water outlet into the ocean. What do you all think?"

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"I think we should take our chances with the forest. If we go through, chances are, we'll either stumble across a lake or pond, or maybe see some sort of a spring. Or hear one. Whatever." He says, shrugging.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Jimmy pick what he can from the wreckage and his backpack ,he put it in a pile near where the group was " well this was what i could get, it was not much and it is all wet ... but it will have to do" he open his backpack and see what he could "hum ... sleeping bag is soaked ... so is the tent ... the flashlight may not work but will need to dry it first anyway ... " he pulls out a rope , a flooded binocular that he open and the water pour out, a clever and lastly, a gun and some ammo packs "hum ... my ammo and my gun will have to dry as well ... i just hope they can still fire after " he grab everything he pulled out except for his gun and the ammo "this should be more than enough to look for a good spot to camp ,i may not know how to make clean water but i will keep a look out for any river or lake in here ,i will be back in about three hours ... maybe four at most " he walk towards the forest.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Whoa there sport!" Cried Barbara, grabbing Jimmy's shoulder. "What do ye say we don't make easy targets of ourselves for wild animals by walking around the woods alone? Sit tight, the rest of us will be ready to go in a few."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"True. Barb has a point. Splitting up would be a bad idea." Jorgen says, nodding. Wow. Her accent really was thick... "I'm already ready to move. Whatever is wet will just be hung on the backpack to dry." He says, glancing at the others.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He looks back as he is grabbed by the shoulder "ho ... well ,it is still day right ? i thought we would have some hours before the night falls ... and i am good at taking care of myself , i am quite a good scout in fact and since i am fast i thought it would be best if searched for a place to camp ,if there are any dangerous animals or perhaps someone i will just sneak past them and come back to the group and that is way easier to do alone not to mention you would be capable of doing something else while i deal with it"

Ithelyn

Jun 27, 2016
Looking towards Jimmy, Dennis added on to Barbara's argument "This isn't a question of whether you are capable or not. We are in an unknown place, with minimal supplies, no idea what the dangers are, and no means of communication. We should stick together until we at least have an idea of what we're dealing with."