The Great Male Follower Discussion Thread

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
I like Ciaran specifically because he hits Steele right in the daddy issues. That scene where he takes your b-or-v ginity is so perfect and sweet while only hitting a few kernels of corny that I actually blushed while reading it. Some players would have issues with anyone being tougher than their green little mutant insert but Ciaran fits that role so perfectly.

I've got several characters and I always swing by him to lose a cherry or two. As a boy it feels like someone's giving you a helping hand to manhood, as a girl it feels like someone's gently easing you into womanhood and, while I usually like to autocorrect-in-my-reading some of the descriptions of my masculine (vagina but boyish) or feminine (penis but girlish) androgynous-trap type characters (since the force-option on the parser will cause, along with 'he', masculine descriptions - and the whole bloody point is to separate appearance-appropriate descriptions from the sex-pronouns the way CoC2 does it) with Ciaran's cherry scenes I actually feel the disconnect helps them. Giving the confusing little sprouts something of an induction into how the other side feels, even if it's just a bit if fatherly play, is something I imagine could even bring a blush to some wannabe-hardarse Steele's cheeks.

It's too bad there aren't any scenes that are even halfway as memorable for dipping your pole the first time. I get why there's no great need to cater to a type of scene that few are likely to see but it's a nice way to start off a life of debauchery.

Something I just thought of: there's something of a blurred line between what sex gating really entails, but crew scenes that involve not direct sex but some participation are fun. As I was saying I don't usually put the screws to Anno but I really like the one where she introduces you to Kaede and you gang up on her. Thinking about it that would be a fun way to be mates with both the girls and hypothetical guy crew members. Even those who'd usually avoid fucking their new bro might still be up for the two of you catching each other eyeing up the same girl and having a go at her together. I'd definitely be more interested in buddy type scenes with Anno where you decide to take the new guy for a spin together than I would be with her solo romantic-style content.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
It's too bad there aren't any scenes that are even halfway as memorable for dipping your pole the first time. I get why there's no great need to cater to a type of scene that few are likely to see but it's a nice way to start off a life of debauchery.
We're like 3 years into TiTS and nobody is a virgin and even if they are, the chances of them losing it to your specific character is close to zero unless you have your NPC jump them in the fucking Mhen'ga hallway before they can even talk to Flahne. I love the idea of virginity loss scenes every time I make a new character but it's very rare I actually end up including them.

Now that I'm already writing ITT I might as well talk about the actual topic. I have some minor regret over Edan being pretty much my first writing ever. Before him I'd written 1 deathclaw story on Tumblr and before that, in creative writing classes in 2005. Were I to write him today, he would be extremely different. I'm glad Lund is a little closer to the strike zone for most people, but based on what I've seen said by gay dudes here and elsewhere the overwhelming demand is just for a normal fucking dude. Doesn't even need to necessarily be human, just male and does male things. Like DeathBooms said:

My essentials for a male follower:
Do gym shit with you.
Hang out at a bar and be your wingman
Have a personalized quest. Something akin to Garrus' or Thane's from ME2 but obviously a tad lighter.
Not a fucking Ausar

Obviously there's room within these criteria for him to have a whopping cock that makes you spit cum every time he fucks your butt or whatever your actual fetishes are, but the point is that I think most dudes (and women - I think Garrus was probably the first relationshippable character I'd ever seen both men and women fall in love with) just want another dude for their space journey. The sex stuff, while potentially important, is secondary to what someone said about normalcy. There's a fucking ton of female characters in TiTS that cater to the kinda "we've made our own little universe within this one" romantic fantasy but very few male ones. I don't know where I'm really going with this but I at least wanted to chime in.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Yeah, that's why I say I get why they're not often done. I'd be more like to write something for CoC2 but if I did any TiTS content myself it would be v. far down the line of priorities unless I just so happened to have a killer idea for one and felt like including it just to bring it into existence.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
it's just what i would like to see, not saying it's universal. it really stems from the lack of strong role models in the game and the fact that while we've got the numbers, we don't really have all the roles filled especially, bothe in the character archetypes and the standard rpg crew/village roles. i'll go ahead and list what we've got and what we're missing. i'm removing sexual utility and kink fulfilment as it's not a normal rpg element

• anno-general trader where you get the best price, sells a hodgepodge of goods, starter/main companions, inventor/genius archetype
  • amber-cure/fix/character progression-regression quest, Saved villager archetype
  • azra-trial type quest giver, trophy/utility collector, item dispenser, chaste explorer/archaeologist archetype
  • Bess/ben- waifu, love interest/romance companion.
  • celise-tutorial npc, first companion/party member, role filler/stand in until you find other party/crewmembers
  • Kase-bullied nerd archetype, usually in a technical role sometimes a passive bonus/sometimes an active bonus
  • Mitzi-reminder that you fucked up/you can't save everyone, also trades a 'trash tier' item for higher tier goodies
  • paige-money sink, 'only sane person' archetype, minigame provider
  • pippa-limited usefulness buff dispenser with a minorly involved quest to obtain, camp/party glutton archetype
  • ramis-good ole rpg merc archetype, skill trainer, money sink
  • reaha-your first money sink/cure quest, former slave/addict archetype
  • sera-money sink companion, indeterminate stock potions dealer, the formerly evil now tolerable archetype, npc fanservice for the edgelords
  • shekka-money sink recruitment, mechanic/tinker archetype, hodgepodge shop, involved in the main quest
  • yammi-money sink, buff provider, gateway to secondary npc, camp chef/cook archetype
  • Nova-sentient item, MCs utility tool, quest reward. no real character archetype (only extended interaction are sex and learning scenes)
  • pexiga-fix quest, provides a semi useful item, pet/dispenser character archetype
  • Siegewulf-money sink, bodyguard/pet
  • varmint-bodyguard/pet
(i know it sounds harsh when it's written like this, i generally like all of the crew members)

with those listed you can see what roles overlap, companions that don't have an active role, and what roles still need filled. now if we'd get a list of actual ship assignments, then we could really go ham and look at what was missing on it. i guess something that would generally help was if we actually got a companion system like in CoC2 where the sex & kink fulfillment are secondary to the party members overall roles, like how cait is a healer and a white mage first and foremost. but again these are just my musings and opinions

Reactions: PriyaX and ThasV

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
I have some minor regret over Edan being pretty much my first writing ever. I'm glad Lund is a little closer to the strike zone for most people
lunds scenes where you break him are great and are a personal favorite of mine, but his stories, and non-sex interactions are sorta bland to me. the opposite is true with edan for me, never much cared for the sex scenes, but i loved hanging out drinking with the guy and telling stories, he was the first real buddy we can get

Reactions: Foxxling

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
lunds scenes where you break him are great and are a personal favorite of mine, but his stories, and non-sex interactions are sorta bland to me. the opposite is true with edan for me, never much cared for the sex scenes, but i loved hanging out drinking with the guy and telling stories, he was the first real buddy we can get
It's not exactly a secret but I focus mostly on the sex with my characters. Lund in particular was meant to be a 15k word one-off for Fen because he wanted a male character in the Hold... none of us had any idea he would be so popular, haha. Edan on the other hand was my misguided attempt at making a real companion right from the outset, so I wanted to make him a little deeper.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
It's not exactly a secret but I focus mostly on the sex with my characters.
this is a text based erotic adventure game, i feel like this might be sarcasm XD. back to the topic at hand though, i just think the reason there's a lack of males as companions and such, is the fact that we have flip flopped gender roles with some species like the kathrit, and we have an excess of futa/shemale characters who fill the players desires of 'i want fucked by a big peener'. now that's not to say we don't have male characters who can also scratch that itch, but those dudes are there to scratch other itches entirely. most of them bros are also on new texas as well so their factories in character interaction are limited

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
There's just one thing I really care about. Please don't gate them behind having Steele be feminine. Please.

A bonus would be them acknowledging cunt boys.

I guess it is a very good thing to have your unique body type acknowledged but we git into terminology issues when we try so such a thing would have to be handled delicately.

That being said I also wonder how it would work under the hood. Would the male follower acknowledge that you're a cunt boy if you have a certain lvl of masculinity and no penis? Or would it be easier to just have it set to your preferred gender terminology being masculine along with having no penis or boobs?

I know I'm poking holes in it but honestly it sounds like a good idea I like it

PriyaX

Nov 24, 2017
What, in your opinion, are the essential parts of a male follower?

• Masculine in presentation. I'd be fine later on with more variation.... To be completely frank, I have very little interest in twinks, fembois & "traps", so I do appreciate my bara guys on New Texas a lot.
  • I'd like them to be available for everyone, regardless of where they presented on the feminine/masculine meter/ what genitalia they had (Speaking as a gay guy, it's a slight bummer whenever I have to switch to female/feminine characters for certain scenes with guys, be it Ciaran, Dr.McAllister, Yancy, etc. , I'd like for everyone to be able to have sex with the guys if they so wanted)

What male characters in game would you like to see as a follower (say Dane... SAY HIM NOW)
  • Vahn, as on ship mechanic, to overseer repairs in a pinch
  • Dane, and you could have multiple paths with him as well re Dom/Sub interactions or a path inbetween the two where you have a rival like friendship that may/may not include benefits
  • Ciaran, the daddy RP content is fantastic in this regard
  • (Yes I realize all of the above listed characters are part Ausar and have knots)
  • Zaalt since we haven't heard from in many moons, and I'm a sucker for Milodans
  • Gel Zon. I feel like he would be the type to join you on your adventure due to personal growth as a warrior and the desire to come across more combatants?
  • Lund. I do like both his routes, would be kinda cool to get him on ship, I usually end up keeping him non dom/sub though, the riding him scene is among my favorites in my game
What fetishes and features would you like included in a male follower?
  • Frottage
  • M.Preg would be kinda cool to explore later on?
  • Consensual Somnophilia? Like being fucked awake if you've given them consent before
  • M/M/M threesomes?
  • Don't get me wrong, I love the bro stuff, gaming + sex, working out + sex, sparring + sex but I'd like some other stuff as well? Ex.
  • One follower could have various "dates" he could take you on depending on planet and you could have varying sex scenes like that
  • A bar night with a buddy and coming back to the ship tipsy and fooling around with each other (drunk shower sex can be super fun)
  • Knotting
  • Rimming

What do you think of our already implemented male followers?

Kase... isn't for me, he's cute and all, but most of my steele's wouldn't sleep with him.

Ben is well... a cluster fuck, but has some decent sex stuff written.

Why do you think some of the already finished male followers haven't been implemented?

Um. Well, I'd hazard that a majority of people on this forum don't care for guy characters/male options lol.

Last edited:

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Um. Well, I'd hazard that a majority of people on this forum don't care for guy characters/male options lol.

True, along the fact that most of those that write male NPC content make it female-exclusive.

Reactions: PriyaX

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
After thinking about it, my ideal male follower would be Kip from Futurama though with a different body.

Sarcastic, self-aware and though willing to put up with your bullshit will not hesitate to call you out on it or at the very least mumble something something as he begrudgingly walks away. The perfect comedic "straight man" that doesn't quite break the 4th wall.

Sharks

Feb 15, 2017
I guess it is a very good thing to have your unique body type acknowledged but we git into terminology issues when we try so such a thing would have to be handled delicately.

That being said I also wonder how it would work under the hood. Would the male follower acknowledge that you're a cunt boy if you have a certain lvl of masculinity and no penis? Or would it be easier to just have it set to your preferred gender terminology being masculine along with having no penis or boobs?

I know I'm poking holes in it but honestly it sounds like a good idea I like it
To be honest, I haven't thought that far. I'm not a good planner, haha. I do like that the Storm Lancer references it tho.

True, along the fact that most of those that write male NPC content make it female-exclusive.
And I hate that. Not hating on the writers, but just that mechanic or whatever.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Masculine in presentation. I'd be fine later on with more variation.... To be completely frank, I have very little interest in twinks, fembois & "traps", so I do appreciate my bara guys on New Texas a lot.

So when you say masculine what is it, exactly, that you mean to you? Does a man have to be muscular to be masculine or is it more of a behavior thing? Or is that just what you associate with masculinity? I'm curious because I see the word twink and know plenty of guys that fit that bill but are completely cis, masculine men. Not trying to change your opinion or anything like that it just intrigued me and I wanted to know more.

• Vahn, as on ship mechanic, to overseer repairs in a pinch
  • Dane, and you could have multiple paths with him as well re Dom/Sub interactions or a path inbetween the two where you have a rival like friendship that may/may not include benefits
  • Ciaran, the daddy RP content is fantastic in this regard
  • (Yes I realize all of the above listed characters are part Ausar and have knots)
  • Zaalt since we haven't heard from in many moons, and I'm a sucker for Milodans
  • Gel Zon. I feel like he would be the type to join you on your adventure due to personal growth as a warrior and the desire to come across more combatants?
  • Lund. I do like both his routes, would be kinda cool to get him on ship, I usually end up keeping him non dom/sub though, the riding him scene is among my favorites in my game
Love this list btw.

Vahn I have to say I'm not too much interested in having on ship. If it happens I'd be happy but i'm not vying for it, also he'd have to get permission like Anno did ig but I also believe that Anno was a special case. Everyone else is solid gold.

The only bad thing about Cirian is he'd probably remain gender gated. Now, to be honest, I wouldn't mind him preferring females or the female recruitment being different from the male recruitment... for instance you guys get stuck somewhere, he tries sex with you and decides he likes it then the two of you beat some baddies together and he offers to tag along as a bro with benefits. that'd add to his character and make replayability more fun but... that's a lot of work and no one wants to do it, i know i love the idea but fuck that noise I wouldn't want to do it.

Actually this is not the case. There have been many, many, many people on the forum (as well as outside of it because not all ppl that play TiTs join the forum) who want more males in the game.

The problem is that the game is full of women, yes there are gay options but it is hard to maintain a diverse audience when 99.99% of the content is for heterosexual males. Not having a good variety of in-depth male chars for people who like males to get attached to (this game has plenty, I'm just saying as an example), characters that appeal to certain demographics, kind of shoots that audience, and the game, in the foot.

Then in the end the whole situation becomes a self fufilling prophesy, why should an individual who is gay or lesbian (or someone wanting to play a heterosexual female char) play a game where there is very little content for them? Or where they are constantly bombarded by content that doesn't appeal to them while having to seek out the content they want like its some dirty little secret (not the case here entirely just playing devil's advocate we have a few decent, well-written male chars)?

Also why would writers (aside from myself obviously because I love the game and understand the situation) write additional "niche" content when there is plenty of quality content sitting in the backlog that has been approved but isn't getting in? Meanwhile, waifu #365 aka Penny is getting put in and there's no sign of Dane, the one bone we know for a fact is going to come our way, on the horizon? Dane who is a part of a race that all the hetero guys, and some of the rest of us, are tired of... Dane who may be canceled because of Ausar overload.

Now, like I said, it doesn't dissuade me personally because I know the details behind the situation but at a glance, on the surface level, I can also see why this would cause people to not invest their time, effort and writing (let alone money) in the game.

Now there's nothing wrong with FenCo playing to their srengths, nothing wrong with appealing to your keynote demographic but it'd be nice if greater effort was made to appeal to others, esecially where followers are concerned.

I HATE THIS, I can't get with this at all...

Like I go out of my way to write m/f when I make a male char, and I don't even give it a handwave and a half try I get help and additional opinions because it isn't my thing so sometimes idk if its even a little sexy. Hell I've written female characters and nothing about that appeals to me sexually.

I am a 100% dyed in the wool homosexual. If I can make my husbando like vagina then I have no pateince for people who complain about having to write things that they don't find sexy or not wanting to try it because they feel like it wouldn't be any good... we have a whole community here

Not saying they shouldn't have preferences and all that but lieke... c'mon this is a porn game if this big hellhound ausar isn't normally willing to do the do with a guy (even though he said in his talk options he'd be down if there were no other choice or something like that unless i'm remembering wrong) Like convincing someone to "try it" or whatever can be hot too, so can being in a once in a lifetime situation where a heteroflexible like Cirian will let you make him cum (bonus points if i get to be top)... I went off on a rant.

But yeah I feel like its a porn game we shouldn't limit yourself to just writing porn but we also shouldn't create hot chars and alienate people who are down with the kinks. It'd be different if the gender-gating wasn't permanent...

Like take Geoff for example. He actually started out gender-gated but only because of time constraints and some other stuff, his writer was totally fine with me writing up some m/m for him and altering the m/f scene so that guys could bottom in it.

I just dislike gender preference in videogames in general... this is a fantasy world where I'm the main character, the chosen one. Imo DA2 had it right, make everyone bi/pansexual AND well written. Maybe even make different paths based on pc gender.

The reason I hate this is also probably because it always translates to gays being given the short end of the stick, looking at you mass effect series.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Now, boyos aren't my cup of tea personally, but I just thought: GalLink exists or whatever it's called, right? This extrameet thing Kiro and a few others can invite you to for that female/herm orgy?

...why not take a step in that direction but it's geared toward straight girls and gay guys primarily? If taken as an end goal, I feel like the drive for people to make likable and memorable boyos for the game might increase because who doesn't want to go to town on their personal Justice League of Waifus/Husbandos? And it'd work pretty much the same mechanically, get to know the guy/guys of your choice, form a relationship, get sent an invite, cue repeatable event.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
It would end with pretty much the same problem. Too much focus on male/female stuff, almost zero regarding male/male things.

Currently I'm doing my first male/only run on the game, and it became quite evident that m/m scenes are the only ones that get the short end of the stick. On top of the scarcity of male NPC, and the fact that several of them are female-gated, we have a couple of male (girly, but still males) that...ahem, leave the 'boys' club. In comparison, f/f content has much more attention and dedication with all the 'hardlight' stuff and similar content available to them.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
It would end with pretty much the same problem. Too much focus on male/female stuff, almost zero regarding male/male things.

Only if people were hellbent on making that the focus. I'd imagine if, say, @Foxxling took the lead, the ratio would be far more balanced, which is what I was trying to suggest. There's also the option to add new oneshot dates to that Tinder-esque feature the game now has that cater specifically to gay men or serve as a setup for a more permanent NPC you get to meet through that feature first.

There's no reason to write off ideas like that. Just have to be tackled by the right people who then get to have a say in whether others can add content for it or not and if Yes, what content that should preferably be.

f/f content has much more attention and dedication with all the 'hardlight' stuff and similar content available to them.
Doesn't necessarily mean it's all that enjoyable.

Reactions: valkyr42 and Kesil

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
the whole situation becomes a self fufilling prophesy, why should an individual who is gay or lesbian (or someone wanting to play a heterosexual female char) play a game where there is very little content for them? Or where they are constantly bombarded by content that doesn't appeal to them while having to seek out the content they want like its some dirty little secret (not the case here entirely just playing devil's advocate we have a few decent, well-written male chars)?
Crux of the issue #1

there's nothing wrong with FenCo playing to their srengths, nothing wrong with appealing to your keynote demographic but it'd be nice if greater effort was made to appeal to others, esecially where followers are concerned.
Crux of the issue #2

I just dislike gender preference in videogames in general... this is a fantasy world where I'm the main character, the chosen one. Imo DA2 had it right, make everyone bi/pansexual AND well written. Maybe even make different paths based on pc gender.
Amen to this.

Esh

Jul 1, 2016
One thing I find interesting in a philosophical perspective is that when people request a male character or follower, they then put in a bunch of qualifications that basically whittle down the definition of "guy" to something WAY slimmer than what counts as a female.

Like, females apparently encompass everything that isn't a cis dude with typical genitalia and balls, based on the qualifications here? Most of the "female" followers are futa or futa-optional, and many female characters in the game are trans without female junk.

I do agree we have a serious dearth of anything not voluptuous and panty-wearing on the ship, and I'd love to see dudes, but saying "we wanna see guys" and then immediately slapping a bunch of stipulations onto it seems to be literally shooting yourself in the foot, especially when transgirls are seen as girls despite their genital configurations, but cuntboys are defined first by their genitals.

As for male characters I'd like to see as followers:
  • Tavros: Fyn and Vahn (Zeke could replace him as the Tavros mechanic then?)
  • Mh'enga: Able, Geoff, Kane, Tanis, and Mica
  • Tarkus: Chaurmine, obviously. Del, so we can rescue him before he gets sissified. Possibly Petr and/or Godi?
  • Myrellion: Charles, Fazian.
  • Uveto: Lund.
  • Various: Ciaran, Dane, Zaalt.

Reactions: valkyr42

PriyaX

Nov 24, 2017
So when you say masculine what is it, exactly, that you mean to you? Does a man have to be muscular to be masculine or is it more of a behavior thing? Or is that just what you associate with masculinity? I'm curious because I see the word twink and know plenty of guys that fit that bill but are completely cis, masculine men. Not trying to change your opinion or anything like that it just intrigued me and I wanted to know more.

Honestly, I was worried about how I'd come of re: my statement there, so let me try and clarify my stance here.
My apprehensions is regarding fembois and "traps." and is primarily personality wise.

I feel like.... in however long I've been lurking these forums and other adult games (and I've been lurking around the start of TiTs since I played CoC) , most times when I see people excited for male content, it's typically about those two categories and it's tiring/grating to see.
I know it gets into identity politics and all that jazz in regards to how one identifies themself vs how other identify them, but to me, I feel like... only focusing on those two categories is a cop out, and a cop out I've seen a lot over the years.
I'd go as far as to say that in a fair amount of adult content, those two categories of guys are considered the most.... acceptable due to the main demographic.
It'd be one thing if we had a lot of male options/characters in general as compared to female characters, but we don't and I'd love for an influx of guy characters/scenes so my concerns could be moot, but that's holding out for a lot.
The main reason I threw in twinks in there is because they tend to typically be associated with the above two categories (The association is wrong, but I didn't want to get into a whole thing in regards to male portrayal in media and binary continuum's)

I honestly want characters who are comfortable being themselves, and identifies as male at the end of the day.
If it's written well, I don't think much of the other stuff will matter as much, though of course we all have our physical preferences.

The reason I hate this is also probably because it always translates to gays being given the short end of the stick, looking at you mass effect series.

I agree with the dislike for gender preferences in video games in most cases, years of having to use mods for m/m content has been tiring.

I lowkey wanna throw down w/you over DA 2 because Anders' writing still makes me so angry to this day lmao.

Reactions: Sharks

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
DA2 did nothing right. That was pure laziness. Point to anything in the game and that sticker applies.

As someone who built up to liking lots of different things just ungating content isn't inherently satisfying and often doesn't make sense besides. The TiTS setting is far looser in its gender and sexual attraction confines than we like to be in this age and that's what causes some of the friction. Gay is really more of an aesthetic, it's a lifestyle, it has certain sensibilities and dynamics - something that would largely be lost when trying to transplant it. Transgenderism, too - that's all based in rigidity where the TiTS setting is flexible. It honestly comes off a little weird when you do run into a straightforward example, lifted right from a present-day context, because you can turn right around and find another alien with two dongs and three vag and you wonder what that other alien was being so dramatic about. It's not -expected- in the game that changing your body is some weird and alien concept; the PC probably took three splices on the way to talk to them. In that same way it's not expected that too many characters are as hellbent on living up to rigid ideals of sexuality as modern people are.

In New Texas, where they enforce the sort of idealized masculinity and femininity caricatures we have, few of the bulls walking around have any homophobia. The idea that you'd need to hide all that, to create a whole separate culture for it, is alien to the worlds of aliens. But those looking for m/m content, especially those who consider themselves gay, might want to see content that's specifically hitting gay aesthetics - and it's got a bit of a round hole square peg feel, especially if there's an insistence on strictly masculine looks when, clearly, people in TiTS like to bend. That disconnect can make the content feel unsatisfying when it does land or somewhat out of place if it plays exactly to what some members of the audience want to see with no regard to whether it makes sense.

So what few male characters there are being wildly homophobic to the point of never considering any homo activities would seem odd or even frustrating in a game like this but if they're playing to a bunch of gay sensibilities it's also a sort of inflexibility that sticks out in a bad way. Simply ungating them like Dragon Age 2 doesn't solve all that. The relationships would be different with different types and they'll only be satisfying if they -are- distinct; nothing's more wilting than homogenized content that plays out the same way no matter who's involved. You have to be willing to accept the general TiTS style of male character and their scenarios, which may diverge significantly from the boxes we put ourselves in (plenty of those who first played CoC and then TiTS got used to the idea of feminine bodies with giant dicks attached so you may just have to suck it up and accept a masculine character with wide hips or tits or whatever else), but on the writing end only hammering out a single scenario and then locking it off from all those it wouldn't make sense for is as lazy as DA2 letting anyone do anything whether it makes sense or not. All sorts of different people may like your character so when gating scenes the better way is to gate based on what makes the most sense, not what's convenient or what you personally like or even current cultural climates.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
One thing I find interesting in a philosophical perspective is that when people request a male character or follower, they then put in a bunch of qualifications that basically whittle down the definition of "guy" to something WAY slimmer than what counts as a female.

Like, females apparently encompass everything that isn't a cis dude with typical genitalia and balls, based on the qualifications here? Most of the "female" followers are futa or futa-optional, and many female characters in the game are trans without female junk.

I do agree we have a serious dearth of anything not voluptuous and panty-wearing on the ship, and I'd love to see dudes, but saying "we wanna see guys" and then immediately slapping a bunch of stipulations onto it seems to be literally shooting yourself in the foot, especially when transgirls are seen as girls despite their genital configurations, but cuntboys are defined first by their genitals.

I do get what you're saying... but you're missing the point. This is literally a thread asking what people want in a male follower, so, as the whole point of the thread is to discuss what stipulations you want to be slapped onto your optimal male follower, you can't really fault people for doing the thing that the thread is for. We're not debating the definition of male here. Also trans doesn't accurately refer to all of the "transgirls" in TiTs because it is quite possible to be born that way and have no transition occur. Lastly, transgirl is just that, a trans girl and if they identify as girl... why would we include them in our discussion about male followers?

In conclusion, to say we're shooting ourselves in the foot by doing exactly what this thread is for is very incorrect.

It also lowkey ignores the people that have said they want femboys and traps on their ship but that is very understandable since I don't expect you to read through the whole thread before commenting lol.

Honestly, I was worried about how I'd come of re: my statement there, so let me try and clarify my stance here.
My apprehensions is regarding fembois and "traps." and is primarily personality wise.

I feel like.... in however long I've been lurking these forums and other adult games (and I've been lurking around the start of TiTs since I played CoC) , most times when I see people excited for male content, it's typically about those two categories and it's tiring/grating to see.

I lowkey wanna throw down w/you over DA 2 because Anders' writing still makes me so angry to this day lmao.

Duude you're preaching to the choir and we're loving it tbh. Cause, while I can handle a good femboy and I LOVE twinks, I get tired of there being nothing but femboys and traps. Traps don't appeal to me either.

It's okay, Anders makes everyone angry, across the board and reliably so.

About Anders ^^^ what she said. I was really made because I liked his goofy, quirky personality and dark humor (thought the Justice angst was a bit much) up until after the deep roads then I was fucking done, he got annoying and then he became a war criminal... and then I slit my bf's throat because he had life fucked up.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
DA2 did nothing right. That was pure laziness. Point to anything in the game and that sticker applies.

They made a full game with an engaging story in a few months due to EA's meddling fyi so laziness... not really. Also if you wanna you can necro the Romances in AAA game thread to talk more about the romance systems in DA2 or go to the Foxx Den and vent because idgaf about a DA discussion transpiring there if you just wanna respectfully debate the game.

As someone who built up to liking lots of different things just ungating content isn't inherently satisfying and often doesn't make sense besides. The TiTS setting is far looser in its gender and sexual attraction confines than we like to be in this age and that's what causes some of the friction.

The friction isn't the setting... it's the lack of content in a setting where we wouldn't have these preconceived notions of heterosexuality and heteronormativity. The whole gender gating isn't due to good characterization its due to someone somewhere not wanting their character to engage in m/m and, in more acceptable cases, due to the original writer not wanting to write it.

Gay is really more of an aesthetic, it's a lifestyle, it has certain sensibilities and dynamics - something that would largely be lost when trying to transplant it.

Gay is a sexual orientation. Like I understand what you're saying but its very incorrect. There is a culture many gay people are involved in but that is very different to many different people and a lot of us just... don't. Not out of anti-socialism or internalized self hate like a lot of people would assume but simply because it doesn't appeal to us.

Doens't make me any less gay when I fuck a guy just because the introvert in me is terrified of being assaulted by throngs of people at Pride.

Like i know you're not being malicious but the statement, by itself, is like saying all white people are hippies, all black people are thugs and all asians are good at math... of which only one of those is truth and my friend Xen Cho can attest that asains + math = good. (this is obviously a joke)

Transgenderism, too - that's all based in rigidity where the TiTS setting is flexible. It honestly comes off a little weird when you do run into a straightforward example, lifted right from a present-day context, because you can turn right around and find another alien with two dongs and three vag and you wonder what that other alien was being so dramatic about. It's not -expected- in the game that changing your body is some weird and alien concept; the PC probably took three splices on the way to talk to them. In that same way it's not expected that too many characters are as hellbent on living up to rigid ideals of sexuality as modern people are.

I can agree with... some... of your point about inserting context from our world into this sex-filled world of transformatives but also this is really more of a counterpoint to your final conclusion agaisnt not gender gating, as is everything else leading up to your final conclusion.

Simply ungating them like Dragon Age 2 doesn't solve all that. The relationships would be different with different types and they'll only be satisfying if they -are- distinct; nothing's more wilting than homogenized content that plays out the same way no matter who's involved. You have to be willing to accept the general TiTS style of male character and their scenarios, which may diverge significantly from the boxes we put ourselves in (plenty of those who first played CoC and then TiTS got used to the idea of feminine bodies with giant dicks attached so you may just have to suck it up and accept a masculine character with wide hips or tits or whatever else), but on the writing end only hammering out a single scenario and then locking it off from all those it wouldn't make sense for is as lazy as DA2 letting anyone do anything whether it makes sense or not. All sorts of different people may like your character so when gating scenes the better way is to gate based on what makes the most sense, not what's convenient or what you personally like or even current cultural climates.

Ok a few things.

Ungating =/= homongenizing content. That's just lazy. The whole point of this thread... is... quality...

Wait... everybody this is gonna make you guys laugh. Guess who started the thread and just realized, after typing all of this, that this is horribly off topic... me.
tumblr_p4zfemSu2X1qkxoczo3_540.gif

But just to finish my thought concerning NON-GENDER GATED MALE FOLLOWERS *see I got it back on track* it is a simpe question of there aren't a lot of sausage in this kitty party so be a good boy and share the goods, spread the wealth and all that jazz.

Can we not turn this into another Dragon Age discussion thread plz?

Zevos is best boy, keeping us on track unlike the op

Reactions: ShySquare and Kesil

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
On another note, while I'm already here....I'd kinda want a dad character. Y'know, someone with experience and responsibility to guide Steele a little more. Azra has the age requirement but she's stuck doing nerd things, I don't think Dane is capable of filling such a role and the other crew members need -you- to be the responsible one and help them through their problems one way or another.

I think I'd enjoy a mix of say, Iron Bull and Sten or Thane (the Drell Assassin from ME2). Someone who's fun to hang out with but who also is capable of being proper support when things get rough. Space Qunari dad when?