The broken lands.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Aitainyn shifter form, the looks of dread on her prisoners faces changed to one of awe. "Another sacred beast," said the man. He pulled his hood back, revealing that he was a young man of perhaps twenty, with chiseled features, short cropped brown hair, and hazel eyes.
"Perhaps Derketo sends us a blessing in disguise?" added the woman, as she followed suit. She was, if anything, even younger than the man, and quite beautiful to boot. Her sparkling golden hair framed a soft featured face, and was cut in a simple bob, that fell just below her ears, and her deep blue eyes sparkled with wonder.
As Aitainyn rummaged through one of the small carts, she found the items she was looking for, a loose-fitting robe, and walking stick, were but two of the handy item available. In fact, these carts seemed loaded with enough supplies to keep a small village going for the better part of a month.
Once she turned her attention back to the young couple, the girl spoke up again. "Please, great one, we are but humble acolytes of Derketo. If you seek council, we'd be happy to show you to her temple."

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn looked on the woman without pity. "Council? No." She crouched before them. "Humans really are diverse creatures, aren't they? I can't rely on you to act with any consistency." She shook her head, and stood, baffled by the stupidity of these creatures. "Tell me what and who you work for, and the status of the Elephant. It was my understanding that he was a victim of your... cult." She didn't seem to care if her interpretation had been wrong. She looked on them with indifference at best... anger and loathing at worst. She'd suffered too much at human hands. There'd be no forgiveness for them now. Even if she believed they worshiped the entity, she didn't trust them to allow them to walk in numbers where she was destined. Still, if she believed their intentions to be benign, she might allow them to salvage what they may and finish their journey, or return to whatever home they knew.

Allowing ones self human worshipers was just disgusting. She didn't trust any God or any being who'd stoop so low.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The elephant rests at the temple, a guest of Derketo, just as you could be," the man piped up.
"It is in her house that we live, and through her guidance that we thrive," added the woman, hopefully.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn grimaced. How were they so cheery, so content, with all their friends dead before them, and her dripping with their gore? Disgusting creatures. She turned and left. They could deal with their mess and their grief however they saw fit. She didn't even have the heart to finish the fools. She'd head for the temple, seeking to enter quietly. She would not come as a guest of this Derketo. She would come as a conquerer.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Following the path that the cultists had been on, Aitainyn found that the two humans simply picked themselves up and began following her. "Oh, have you decided to visit the temple?" the man asked.
"I'm sure mister Luxo will be pleased to meet a fellow man-beast," the woman added.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn couldn't believe what she saw, looking behind her as she walked... it made her stop in her tracks, growling. "I just killed your friends. Why would you follow me? Do you have deathwishes?!" She went and stood over the pair, striking a more than menacing figure. She'd force the both of them to their knees, trying to figure out how to send them away without killing them. In truth, she felt some guilt having killed others who were unarmed, who's intentions she might have misunderstood. Might. She didn't trust them by any stretch. She forced them to their knees with her staff, and suspected still more treachery. "Both of you strip, now. Show me your hands. Make any quick movements, and I will kill you." She was going to check them for small weapons, hidden things of poison and stealth. Perhaps she'd be better off making sure she was right before she went and blundered into what might be a powerful foes camp. Poisoned darts, small knives, she'd seen such tools on cultist's before, who would take great care to get close before striking.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"All children of Derketo know that life is fleeting," the young man tried to off, before Aitainyn snapped at them, and they both began unbuttoning their robes.
"That is why we try to seek as much pleasure as we can in this life," added the woman.
When their robes fell to the ground, Aitainyn saw that the two wore no undergarments. Both where in good health, being trim, without being bony; clearly whatever they did at their temple provided them with enough food, and offered reasonable protection as neither of them boasted any serious scars. Both were also fairly well endowed individuals. The young man's uncut penis hung a full six inches from his narrow hips, and was still completely flaccid. The woman, meanwhile, boasted wide hips under a trim waist giving her an hourglass figure, and sported large, full, round, breasts that were capped with rosy-pink areola, and nipples. Her lower lips were hidden by a thick, yet well-groomed, bush.
By the time they stood before her naked, the only weapon that was revealed was a simple knife that had been in the young man's boot.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
The only weapon she found was meager, not the weapon of a honed, trained assassin. Their eagerness to please was genuine... their beliefs, though idiotic, real. It was disgusting. Moreover, they were well fed, and groomed, even though she couldn't imagine what productive value they added to a society. Pleasure slaves? Then this Derketo was wealthy beyond measure. Still, the wolf in her sought to dominate, and this presented opportunity. "Do you not grieve? Knowing life is fleeting and placing value on life are two wholly different things. Are there none for whom you'd mourn? Your values are those of degenerates. Hedonists, wanton pleasure seekers. I hate your lot. Male. Gather your belongings, and leave. Finish your journey to this Derketo. Take with you what you will. Tell them I came, and took you for enemies. I attacked you by mistake. It is true... I'd thought you other than what you were, no matter how I might hate your lot. I will meet this Derketo, in due course." After she'd had a chance to drill the female. For more information... among other things. A young, impressionable zealot could be made to give up much information, isolated, properly goaded and dominated. "Your female companion will be along, as well. In due course."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Of course we pity the fallen, for their days of pleasure are done," replied the man, as he quickly redressed and moved to gather one of the carts that he and the others had been pulling.
"They will be missed, but their passing cannot be undone," added the woman. "Best to lay them to rest, and move on."
Upon hearing that Aitainyn was planning to visit their temple, the two perked up considerably. "Oh, excellent," the man exclaimed. "I will inform the heard mistress, and make preparations."
With that, he began trotting down the path, leaving the young woman alone with Aitainyn. "Er, what is it you wish of me, Madam Beast?" she asked, as she began pulling her robe back on.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn felt her anger flare. She planted a foot on the woman's chest, pressing her to the ground, and denying her the chance to pull her clothing on. "Lay them to rest and move on, hmm? I don't suppose you'd ever bother to learn from your mistakes." Abominable creatures, the lot of them. "I have many questions, and little patience. I've no trust in this being you worship. I've seen cults, hopefully unlike yours. Filled with righteousness, they carried out the most abominable, horrifying of acts with smiles of bliss on their faces, bringing suffering and oppression to all around them, in utter ignorance of the nature of their wrongdoings." One more reason she'd kept her distance from men for so, so long. "I don't think you'd understand the difference between a temple and a gilded cage anymore than you could tell the difference between a snake and a cock, so I can't rely on your reasoning in this. You will describe to me the place you were going to, the doctrine preached, verbatim, and the daily routines of the elephant, without any omissions. When we go, together, your knowledge will be put to test, because upon seeing the slightest of discrepancies, I shall tear from you everything that could give you pleasure, and leave you alive. I urge you to be thorough, and objective in your descriptions."

There was murderously cold steel in her words and eyes. She made no idle threats.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Madam, please, I will help as best I can," said the girl, as she was pinned to the ground. "The temple of Derketo is a tall tower nestled in a gorge. It is there that we follow her teachings, and seek pleasure in all aspects of life; from food, to daily chores, to casual mingling. As for the elephant, he is an honored guest, and spends most of his days relaxing, and being tended to by other lay worshipers; just as you will likely be upon arrival."

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn watched her, mistrust clear in her eyes. "Is that all you'd like to add? That is scarce information. Precious little to bet so much on. I'm expecting the essence of what you're telling me to be true... and you're betting everything you value upon it." She shrugged, and rose. "Your risk to take." She'd let the girl up, and let her dress, and head in that direction.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Yes, of course," she muttered as she got to her feet and pulled her robe back on. She then started to lead Aitainyn through the natural labyrinth of canyons and gorges. Eventually, the sound of running water could be heard, and the two came upon a slow moving stream. Following it, Aitainyn found herself in a large, misty box canyon; the stream emerging from one of the walls. At the end of the canyon, a towering edifice stood. The building was a single, pagoda, tower five levels high; its top stopping just under the lip of the canyon, keeping it from being easily spotted from afar. Most of the structure was stone, though what kind was hard to tell as the entire thing was painted a deep black, with golden trim. There was only one entrance, a large double door at the top of a short flight of stairs.
At the entrance stood two heavily muscled men. They wore very little, a set of tight-fitting black pants, coupled with a black leather harness across their chests, left little of their figure to the imagination. Each one, however, held a large curved sword with practiced comfort. They stood at attention on either side of the door, and seemed to be alone. "Oh, look, we're here," the woman chirped, as she started to walk forward.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn had a hand on her companion's shoulder, halting her advance. "Not so fast. Stay still." Behind her, she'd take her scarce clothing and put them in a thong tied around her ankle, ditching her stick. She changed. Bones crunched, muscles tore, and in a few scant seconds, she was a wolf, standing at the woman's head height. She proceeded behind her. She would not be caught in human form by large, armed men. She stayed behind the woman, but close, wary, tense.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The woman froze when she realized what Aitainyn had done. She stood there, unmoving, apparently unsure just what Aitainyn wanted her to do next.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
She did as instructed, and began marching forward. As the two of them rounded the bend, the guards took notice and, seeing one of there own being trailed by a wolf the size of a horse, hefted their weapons and charged. They slowed their advance once the woman raised her hands and called to them. "Stop, this is no mere animal. I bring another sacred beast to learn the ways of Derketo!" she cried.
The two men paused and shared a glance before one of them leveled his sword at Aitainyn. "You, prove that you are what this girl claims. Speak!" he demanded.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn could not speak in animal form, of course. Instead, she just laughed, chest rising and falling, the sound raspy and grating. She stared them down, not budging an inch. It didn't much matter how good they were with those weapons, if they were foolish enough to attack her, they were dead men. That they hadn't even paused to consider this obvious fact showed them for absolute idiots, same as the servants. Anyone who valued their lives would have acted more prudently. Aitainyn was ready to attack though, if need be.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
At the sound of her laughing, the guards shared a glance before one of them motioned back to the tower, and the other took off towards it. "The high priest will be informed," said the remaining guard. A few minutes later the second man returned, and muttered something to the first. "You have been granted an audience with Priestess Freya. What say you?" the guard asked.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitianyn didn't give a vocal response. Instead, she wrote a rather churlish insult in the dirt with her paw, before setting off after the woman she'd come with, whom she nudged along with her snout should she slow.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Aitainyn was lead through the large doors of the tower. What greeted her was a vast open space of polished black stone, and wide round pillars. It seemed odd, but this entire first floor was virtually empty. That was not to say that it had no value, however. The pillars and walls were covered, floor to ceiling, with hieroglyphics and carvings, that depicted both man and animal in all manner of behavior; from the austere to the lecherous. Above it all, was the image of a beautiful woman emblazoned upon the ceiling. She was depicted as naked, save for an elaborate headdress, loincloth, and bracelets, with arms outstretched and welcoming. All around her, men and women danced and coupled with wanton abandon.
As Aitainyn took all this in, the sound of heels clacking upon stone caught her attention. Descending a flight of stairs at the other side of the grand chamber was woman in a sheer white gown. She looked older that the one that Aitainyn was following, but still in good health, with fair skin, and long brown hair tied into a thick braid. Her figure was quite slim, and the dress she wore billowed around her; held in place by a golden belt and necklace. She crossed the room slowly, each step deliberate, as she took in the sight before her. "Is this the man-beast that I was told of?" she asked, simply.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
There was a distinct lack of armed guards after the first pair. Barring hidden guards that could not be seen, ready to fall upon her... likely, given that she'd made them aware of her coming... she shouldn't have to worry about being easily overwhelmed. She padded around the room, looking, familiarizing herself, making sure it was safe... before changing back, shifting through those vulnerable six seconds into human form. She was strong in human form... but not as strong as she was in lupine. She came before the seeming priestess naked, untying her thong and taking what precious little small clothes it held and dressing herself, preserving some small amount of modesty, though she didn't turn her back to anyone in the room as she dressed. She wasn't comfortable enough to drop her paranoia for the sake of something like modesty. She spoke once she had transformed, "I do not trust easily. Or at all. I do apologize for the fates of your servants... if you are honest, and have not yet proven dishonest, then I was in error, and their deaths were needless." A rare apology, though her affect remained stony while she spoke it, rather than contrite.

She looked around. "Hedonism... such luxury. In a world such as this, how can you afford such luxury? You must have good, reliable farmland. Hard workers. Few enemies." Few enemies meant softness, though. Weakness. She'd learned that heavy lesson a time or two.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"We have services, and patrons, my dear," said the woman in the sheer robes. Many people come from many places to sample the pleasure that Derketo offers; both physical, and spiritual. But, where are my manners? I am Freya, priestess of Derketo, and overseer of the acolytes here. Acolytes that must now be buried and replaced. But, perhaps, that is why you are here." Her demeanor shifted from curt curious as she looked Aitainyn up and down. "I've been told that you have some business with our other honored guest, yes?" she asked.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn's gaze was still shifty, and she was still tense, on her guard, hackles raised. "Another sent me to collect him." It was too direct, too brutish an approach... but that was her way. Sheer, raw, force. "A talking skull that claimed to be a God, and father to all beasts. His power was real, down in the valley. I know nothing of Derketo, but this being pointed towards several beastmen, calling upon me to collect them. I decided to do so... to build a pack. I am here because I intend to make the elephant one of my pack." The words had insinuated that he was trapped by the cult... she'd see. Whosoever sought to deceive her, she would make them pay.

"If he is a guest here, then I presume that he is free to leave."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Yes, all are free to leave whenever they like," replied Freya. "Though, I doubt you'll have much luck persuading him to your cause. We've made him quite happy here. Speaking of which, you must be weary from your travels. Perhaps you'd care for some food, a warm bed..." Freya began to step closer, before her nose visible crinkled. "...a bath, maybe?"

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn narrowed her gaze at the priestess. She was remaining civil... that didn't mean she was off her guard. "I'll be fine with speaking to him. Immediately. Depending on how that conversation goes, I might take you up on your offer." She'd see. First, she had to confirm the priestesses story, make sure she wasn't being taken for a fool. Humans had wronged her too much before... she'd not let it happen again.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"I'm terribly sorry, my dear, but he resides on the uppermost level, along with the High Priestess. I'm afraid no one is allowed up there without first making themselves a little more presentable." Freya spoke with the kind of tone a mother would use on a fussy child; still polite, but with an undertone of finality that was impossible to miss.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Aitainyn narrowed her gaze. "And vat vud you say should I threaten violence? You must be aware vat I am capable of." There was an edge to her voice that threatened immediate danger to her well being. Aitainyn was no natural diplomat... she was a savage. And savages were not known for their skill in pandering and diplomacy.

Aitainyn began circling the woman. "The god in the skull told me... man marches forward in their civilizations, they wage war on nature its self. Igne Natura Renovatur Integra..." Through fire, nature is renewed. "I am not here to parlay. To bargain, or banter. I am here for varriors, as a varrior. If you stand in my vay, you do so at your own peril. I supped quite recently on the flesh of your acolytes. Do not mistake my restraint for weakness... you vill not command me in your subtle ways, and if you test myne patience, your pleas vill fall on deaf ears, vhen I supp on your flesh in turn."

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"And, my god demands a certain amount of... decorum from guests." As Aitainyn was about to finish her second circle around the woman, Frya's hand shot out and seized her throat, holding her fast. Despite Aitainyn's struggles, the smaller woman's grip was like iron, and she found herself being lifted of the ground for just a moment, before being cast to the floor with one quick motion.
The two guards were about to lunge, but a raised hand from Freya stopped them in their tracks. "If you believe that you are the only one here with divine support, then you are in for a most rude awakening, Madam Beast," she said, as she offered a hand to help Aitainyn up.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
The priestess was too close, too relaxed. Aitainyn had never dropped her guard. Steel grey eyes had watched the priestess like a hawk, that vanilla blotch on her eye twitching with the adrenaline already coursing through her veins. By the time she was lifted off the ground by the priestesses impossible strength, her arm had shot with snake like reflexes, pulling the thin dagger hidden along her inner wrist, and burying it up the priestesses chin, digging it through her mouth and into her brain. Aitainyn was changing before her body managed to hit the floor, turning into a wolf. They would be vulnerable seconds to any man not afraid of approaching such a ghastly sight, but they would be short enough. She would kill everything in sight, when it was done.