The Abyssal Heart (shinyhappyfitsofrage)

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Lord Fane seemed quite intrigued by Iblis knowledge as they sat sharing breakfast of rare birds eggs, sausage, and various other things. They were all quite good but then again he was a lord he could afford such things. Of crouse he didn't share one bit with any of his living or dead servants Maryabelle was even invited to sit with them and was only allowed because Iblis "wanted her knight close". the felt very uncomfortable right now.... she never was very good at hanging out with nobles... even though back in the day they were very much wanted her around. They wanted to be seen with one so close to the queen.

"Ah yes, didn't that become a sort of "war through assassination" that lasted for what.... ten whole years? I never read up very much on that.", said lord Fane quite amused after eating yet another egg. "I have a question if may before i show you my recent magical acquisition. But, just wherever did you find such a ravishing servant? Having seen all her "assets" I can't help but ask. I have a few good undead maids who are quite "fresh" themselves... but nothing like your knight."

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
"Yes, just three months and two days shy of ten years. The last death was... oh, I seem to have forgotten." She hadn't... but she couldn't very well make her repertoire look too full. "The lady Knight? From my master, of whom I've few enough fond memories. He begged her from a master of the sixth veil. Claims he won her in a game of dice, but either they were loaded or he was. A true master... only master of the sixth veil I ever met in person." She'd appeared before a certain necromancer, once, giving him the secrets to pass from the fifth veil to the sixth... he'd ended up being a hero, saving thousands of lives with his powers, though he was ultimately vilified for using the undead, and put to death by the very people he'd saved. He'd allowed them to kill him... unwilling to turn his power against those he'd selflessly saved. Iblis had loved the man, beyond most... a selfless, beautiful man.

Iblis pointedly ignored Maryabelle the entire time, not giving her so much as a lick of attention... had to keep up appearances, here. "Your most recent acquisition... I must confess, it is part of the reason I'm here. I've heard rumors..." That he likely floated himself, in order to boost his reputation.

Reactions: Reptillicus

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
"Oh really~? Well It sounds as though you have the preverbal ear to the ground my dear lady." he said with sly grin. He gave a sharp his hands and small figure came forth. A very tiny girl dressed as a maid her skin green and her hair ghost white. she was the petite thing Matyabelle had ever seen... there were a few scars on her otherwise very pretty face and she might have been a kind of zombie. Hair covered on of her eyes and it seemed it might have been a very deliberate action. there were the signs of a nasty burn under that hair. Her hips were a little wide and perhaps there was nice groupable butt under those panties and black maid skirt. While her legs look ok there was a bit of a limp to her stride. once she got to the table she would receive a mean spank from the lord.

"Stop moving so slowly you zombie slut! when I clap my hands it means you make it snappy!", he said sharply as he took the small chest from her hands. "Still breaking this one in. paid top dollar for a zombie this intact with also with a mind that still works..... anyway." There was another jolt of anger from Maryabelle. Iblis could feel her hatred for the man, feel her righteous ire building, perhaps feel her hand's clenching. the poor girl look so beaten and depressed her one blue soulful eye would look to Iblis and mary then quickly look away. "I have here a necronomicon! My men.... found it....under the unbreathing district while looking for new...." employees" for my estate. And i knew what they had found when they brought it back. With something like this I could really get my new project going using these undead layabouts! I just need someone to unbind the curse on it...." he said as he placed his hands on the chest.

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis felt everything Maryabelle felt... but where Maryabelle's emotions were a raging fire, hers were a deep ocean, of fathomless currents and crushing pressure. "Girl." Her tone brooked no argument. She crooked a finger, and the girl would be compelled to come to her. She sat her upon her lap, and start massaging her skin... ebony fingers dipping under her clothes and touching her in her most intimate places, everywhere.... infusing her flesh with necrotic energies, healing energies. The girl became more lively by the second, until she was, like Lisa, cambion... and her wounds would heal. Sensation would return to her, her thoughts would become clear. Iblis did this idly without even looking at her, as she studied the chest, and its seal. "A fifth veil ward of Solisthman's Chastity. Quite a silly name, really. I think it was renamed something in the fifteenth century? I forget." Now, she was displaying her real depth of knowledge... the very difficult to explain power she possessed. What she was doing with the servant he could only guess was sixth veil. She reached out a hand, and the chest floated to her. She touched it... and it crumbled away, leaving the text. Then, she brushed a hand across its cover, flipping it open and setting the pages to rustling. She had total control here, now. She had a weapon to hand that put most other legendary pieces in this world to shame. She had one of the scribed copies of the necronomicon... one of less than a dozen, most lost to time.

She turned her attention to the girl in her lap, then. "What was that he called you? A zombie slut? My, but you are pretty enough to be a good slut, aren't you? However, let me assure you... being a slut would be much more rewarding now. You can feel everything, can't you? Your skin is as sensitive as it was in life, now." She rubbed a hand along her inner thigh. "Do you know what this book is, girl? This book..." Her eyes locked with Fane's... "Is one of the books I transcribed for a priest of Anima several millennia ago. Ah, and I know it word for word, stroke for stroke... but it's power is a fraction of its possibilities in any hands incapable of wielding the nine veils. For mortals, it'll unlock the sixth veil, that oft sought treasure... but even for the greatest, it holds secrets they know, deep down, will always be denied to them... secrets that are not denied to me." Her wrist flicked, and the pages turned, fast, churning the air, violent. It glowed a sickly green and black, and Maryabelle would feel great power surge through her. "Maryabelle, dearest? Would you be so polite as to ask our host for me what it was he intended to do with a text beyond mortal comprehension?"

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The small girl would limp her way quickly over to her wondering why she was so compelled to do so, Iblis voice filled her cold dead body with warmth. the little Zombie would gasp and shiver in her lad as her fingers touched her flesh, her single working eye growing wide as sensation made its way back into her dulled body.... she would give a tiny moan as Iblis ebony hand slipped underneath her clothes! As it turned out this little zombie girl had a little something extra in her lacy panites a cute little dick and balls along with her pussy! Her breasts were very little but were fun to play with nonetheless, and her butt was probably her greatest asset, very grabbable and soft. the first thing she could feel clearly was arousal! her little peen would grow hard and maybe even get a little bigger as she arched her back and gave an adorable squeal of pleasure. She couldn't believe this.... was she becoming alive again?!

Lord Fane at first didn't think too much of Iblis taking his Zombie maid sitting her in her lap. he didn't mind too much if he guess played with his "toy", but next thing he knew she was healing and restoring the girl to something very close to being alive again! At first he was surprised but the he thought about how much better it would be to use her.... he was very nearly about to thank her for making his "toy" better... but then she had the chest floating in the air and she seemed to know quite a lot about it, but wait he hadn't explained the details of this transaction! "What in the-", he said just as the chest crumbed away and the seal was broken just like that...

The girl would look to Iblis in awe at her but would blush and look slightly away when the talk of her being a slut came around.... but it was tire she could really feel now! before it was all sort of numb everything was so numb she could barely feel anything, like there was haze in her mind and body. even her other eye grew back! She would shake her head still blushing as Iblis asked her is she knew the book. as it floated in the air, menacingly. Maryabelle would indeed feel something as the book opened her anger still there, but she felt such pride in her ladies actions, making another unlife better, easing the burden of this poor tortured soul. it made her reaffirmed to her that Iblis was indeed worthy to be her lady, for her knight to serve someone so noble.

"Yes my lady, I shall do so in but a moment or too.", Maryabelle said a dark smile coming to her face. she would take out her mace slowly, glad that she didn't have to hide her nature anymore.
"Hold on just one second here! you can't just do that! That's mine! I did not say-", he began to shout but his voice faltering, "Did you not hear her you swine? she practically wrote the thing! you have nary a claim to it just as you have no right to force your work onto these undead!", she said pointing her mace towards him, the clanks of her heavy armored boot echoing across the room as she made her way towards him. there was a look of disbelief on the slim nobles face. "Now then..... what did you have in mind with this tome you worm! answer me!", she boomed her red eyes flashing. "You.... you lying worthless harlot!", he shouted fearfully at Iblis. "You d-don't mess with lord Fane! guards! kill them and take back my book!", her cried as he dove for cover.

Suddenly the wall opened up arpund the room and lightly armored men with, golden, glowing tipped crossbows appeared form the holes and fired a volley at them! Maryabelle eyes would widen in surprise but she did not move instead she simply ducked down behind her shield as explosive enchanted arrows slammed into her shield! It would flash and the heat for the explosion would diffuse across the shield harmlessly. at the same time the little maid girl would scream and hold Iblis tight hoping beyond hope that she would not die again as the crossbow bolts would come her their way.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis cradled her little boy-girl close as the room erupted around them, and whispered sweet things in her ear, stroking her hair... as her golems shifted, forming into a wall around her, and catching the bolts, flecks of bone chipping away from the explosions, but rendering them ultimately ineffective. Truly, she was surprised... this ambush was downright competently done. It showed impressive foresight and imagination... on someone's part, at least, not necessarily Lord Fane's. But, he deserved some credit... whoever had arranged the potent magics to make this possible, he'd at least signed off on it. The walls of bone had skulls, and those skulls opened their mouths, 'screaming' silently... only not so silently, as there was an answering echo from those that attacked, their 'souls' left their bodies, drawn to the necronomicon... then spat back out into their bodies, corrupted. They would fall, twitching and jerking, as their skeletons tore themselves free from their bodies. Most assuredly, they could feel nothing at that point... the necronomicon thoroughly ended their soul's ability to communicate with their nervous system when it corrupted said souls, binding them as slaves... temporarily. After the skeletons ripped free, just enough of the soul was left behind to pilot, while the rest moved on to its final resting place... and the skeletons picked up the weapons of their fallen selves, and even began to put on the gory armor...

"Attacking a necromancer as powerful as I just showed you I am? My, my Lord Fane. You're even duller than I'd originally thought, aren't you?" She rose, and placed her little ward on the chair she'd sat in, kissing her forehead and asking her to stay there, if she pleased. Then, the wall of armor would form up on her, her golems meshing into her... and forming her ultimate form, the bone lord. She rose and rose, the high ceilings accommodating of her size, to fourteen feet tall, fully concealed in bone armor with clawed gauntlets, a long, swishing vertebrae tail, and a harpoon with a chain attached. The necronomicon floated at hand by her left claw, open and almost singing at her side. She stomped heavily towards where Lord Fane had ducked away, her new guards clacking on the floor behind her as they approached as well. Her voice, now... had none of its former pleasantness as the 'head' of her juggernaut suit peered over his cover. "Well, Lord Fane? Are you really going to be so rude to your guests? I'll give you an option... you can talk to me... or, you can talk to my Knight. She's DYING to get to know you better..."

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The little maid girl would blink and look around in shock as the bone wall protected them from the explosive bolts, her fear somewhat soothed by the sweet little words from Iblis. But she would hug into her tighter and bury her face into her chest once the forer guards bones began to tear from their bodies. She couldn't look at such a thing.... it was terrifying to watch. Maryabelle was readying herself for a charge at the crossbowmen but her lady seemingly handled it all on her own.... it might have taken a little of the wind out of her sails. However once the bones started pulling themselves free of the bodies she turned away her away shut tight for a moment... it was just too gruesome to her.... even she had killed people herself before in the war. But it wouldn't do from her to be to squeamish now, she would right herself again looking back to her lady then back to the cowering noblemen scuttling across the floor.

The small girl would would nod and sit in her spot, arms crossed and looking on with such wide eyes. her skin was quite lively now if a little pale, she also appeared to have dark circles under her eyes, but perhaps she just looked that way in life. she was still very cute... even cuter now. Maryabelle just had to know her name after this bit of trouble.

then Iblis became even more imposing, her bone lord form assembling before them all. the lord now had his back against the wall, as Mary the dread ghoul knight and iblis in her hulking bone armor suit. He would look to Maryabelle as she was mentioned the red gleam had not left her eyes. He had to do something he couldn't allow this! It was time for plan B! "Well you craven slime? What say thee!?", Maryabelle boomed once again. Iblis had to admire the way Mary could project herself when her ire was roused. She then saw the man digging inside of coat! "Oh no you don't!", Mary said as she began to run towards him mace held high. Just then, he pulled out a small, purple, glowing crystal and pointed it at her! an eldritch yellow eye would appear within it and then beam of pure dark energy would be blasted at her Mary would side step just in time for the beam to miss her face. Her eyes were wide, she knew this...."The power of first world?!", she cried as the one of the walls behind her would blow outward from the blast. The edges of the hole of the hole would writhe and shift the very stone corrupted by the energy. "You worthless idiot! do you know of the powers with which you consort!? it will corrupt you and the very ground you walk upon!", Mary shouted. the powers of that witch she vowed to destroy would once again show themselves to her... this man was very likely a puppet to them now but yet he did not know it... the powers of first world could play the long game as it could very slowly corrupt someone in a way that they would not realize until it was too late. he'd fire off a another beam this time at Iblis just before Maryabelle would drop her mace to grab him by the throat and slam him to the wall! breaking many of his bones very easily but not hard enough to kill him as she did not break his neck. the void gem would fall from his grasp and hit the floor with a soft "tink.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis almost laughed for his desperate acts. "The balls on this one..." He pulled out a gem channeling the energies of the void, and nearly hit Maryabelle with it. With her armor unenchanted, it posed a serious danger to her... Iblis was far better warded against magic. He aimed it at Iblis, but he'd not get to fire it off again. Her tail lashed out, and his arm would end in a bloody, gushing stump instead of a hand. Iblis made a sign with her left hand, calling upon the necronomicon for more magical protection, and stomped the gem underfoot, to destroy it and end its foul influence. "You stupid, stupid man." She'd punch through his ribs with her clawed gauntlet, digging those claws under his ribcage and tearing into his lungs and heart, lifting him up with the one hand to dangle while his life bled from his body. "You'll give me what I want... but as a lowly dead minion. A slave. Your just reward, for such foolishness." It wouldn't be eternal... just long enough to get what she needed, and perhaps make an example of him. A few years, maybe a decade. Maybe a century. He'd realize in the grand scheme of things, some day, that that wasn't so very long at all.

She would let his lifeless body slide to the floor, and reanimate him with very weak necrotic energies... he'd be terribly weak and malleable, but he'd retain the knowledge she needed to take control of his estate. "Maryabelle... take our new friend here, and go find a good accountant. I'm going to interrogate our good Lord Fane, and take all the secrets of his estate... I want someone ready to liquefy all his assets, legally. An accountant that doesn't mind looking the other way, mind you. I'll have the skeletons guard the estate while I'm... coaxing necessary details from him." Once the estate's wealth was properly made hers, and anyone necessary silenced... she'd be able to turn her attention towards finding this dark druid.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Lord Fane had died a very painful and miserable death. But that wouldn't be near enough for him pay for the pain he'd caused the undead community. He'd pay for it with undeath, to become the very thing he looked down upon in life. his screams and struggle were all quite unpleasant as his red coat was stained with blood, his hand sliced off and Mary having broken many of his bones. The lady knight took no joy in such actions but she felt that justice had been demanded and she and her lady had delivered.

The man revived coughing and gasping with shredded lungs, his body's feeling dulled in undeath but yet still filled with agony. "No..... not this.... anything.....", he weezed weakly on the floor now some sort of zombie. the Maid would look down at him with a pitiless gaze. Now he would know what it meant to have an unlife of servitude and slavery. she'd eventually look away with a "hmpf!" asnd feel somewhat satisfied they she could get down to the business of being wholly awestruck buy Iblis and Maryabelle's powers.

"As you wish my lady.... his wealth could certainly be used for far better things. Though I think I may need miss Lisa's help there.", Maryabelle said as she put her weapons away. She'd turn to the little herm girl and take her hand gently in hers. "Come along now young miss. What is your name.". "....Susie....", came the little meep of her voice. "A nice name.", Maryabelle said warmly. "come along with me I believe you can help too... should you know your way around." it was clear that Mary liked her already, Iblis could feel the care in her thoughts. "Am I... Alive....?", asked Susie slowly. "Ah.... not quite little miss.... but you will find yourself feeling so much better either way.", Mary said as she put a hand on her shoulder. "Well.... I suppose i shall be back shortly my lady.... um.... do take care....", she said as she took the hand of the much smaller girl and lead her outside.

"No.... not.... my fortune..... my great plan....", weezed the former lord fane.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis rolled her eyes at the man. "Great plan? You toyed with the void, fool. I have given you a gift, and you will be fortunate if you never know it. What the void would do to you through that small gem is a thousand thousand times worse than what I have done to you, here. And... it would be eternal. Here, with me, you will be released, back to the natural way, soon enough. Now..." down to brass tacks. She wasn't going to ask him questions. She mind ripped him, feeling it a waste of her time to use words. It would not be a pleasant experience for him... but she'd get all she needed. She'd learn his plan, the intricacies of his fortune, learn of his contacts, those that might want revenge on his behalf, his associates in his plans, any other great weapons he may possess... and she'd learn of his crimes, and, if he had any, she'd learn of his virtues. Iblis watched the highlights of his life like a movie.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The lord would scream as he mind was spun like the reel on a film, his memories and thoughts ripped from the depths of his mind and forced to the forefront. She saw that he was the son of a man who owned most of the mines near the south end of the contrary. he had inherited it when his father died of a plague that killed quite a lot of people.... many of them would later be revived by the wayward narcotic energies of the land. His father was among them.... the young noble was devastated by his father death, and now his father had the disgrace of not even staying dead... at least that what everyone else said. this left a deep resentment for the undead the eventually became need to constantly show how much better he was from them later in life. His father while still in the world could no longer hold up his estate and fortune and it was pasted to him. However he could not gain any traction with people in town then being seen as unworthy because of the perceived possibility of undeath being prt of her family line. (witch was nonsense most of the time. except maybe in necromancer families. They are far more respected than any undead are in the city as they can master undead to their will.)

The after awhile he had enough and gave his father his second and final death. His father was not angry with him when he thrust an enchanted blade into his fathers chest, thinking it right that he should end him for good this time. but as his unlife ended he tried to tell him not to hold resentment in his heart saying that one day it would be the death of him if he didn't. His son did not listen... after that he use what connections he still had to kill off every noble that had black listed him, one at a time, slowly as not tio draw too much suspension. Then he began to try and consolidate all the power and wealth he could, mostly through the suffering of undead.

He would send men into the unbreathing district to forcibly employing any undead to slow or not smart enough to avoid them. technically they weren't slaves but he'd make them sign contracts that would sign away most of their freedom. If anyone ever tried to bring it too court he could simply say that they sighed it fair and square and that would usually be the end of it. Apparently he had a few magical artifacts from the last war on hyrda down under his estate as well as several other fragments of earth corrupted by the power of first world. He wasn't really a mage of any kind. His magical potential was quite low so instead he would use magical artifacts as a catalyst of power source for rituals for various experiments on undead... several of the ideas them came to him in dreams he would have while holding the pure purple crystal he found....

One ritual spawned something beneath his estate.... something called a skrine... Iblis would see only brief flashes of strange creature made of only muscle and bone with a strange pointed head like a pike fish or a spear head. In all her years of reaping she'd never seen such a thing....

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis scoffed at what she saw. Such depravity, born of social awkwardness. He'd found rejection, and responded with bile, to all the world. He'd ignored sage advice, and allowed his family legacy to truly go to ruin. He built an empire off of oppression, and wasn't even a mage to boot. "I came prepared for a magical duel, you know." He was probably beyond hearing her, at this point, but she was more or less talking to herself. "Turned out, I didn't need the voodoo at all." More was the pity. That was a tool wasted. Ah, well. She looked deeper, searching for the... there it was. The little void pebble had spoken to him, whispered secrets in his gullible ear. She didn't know what a skrine was, but she would find out soon enough. She had hoped she would find a tie in to the vampire community here, but she supposed it wasn't surprising that a man with such hatred towards the undead wouldn't associate with their ilk. She'd have to find another way to get in with them.

But first, came the skrine. A void spawned thing, no doubt, beyond her knowledge. Not something she'd take on without Maryabelle... she lacked information, and the creature could be of an impressive caliber. So, she released her juggernaut armor, and made it and her skeletons combine... she took the time to carefully prepare a contingent of specialized bone soldiers. They would help her in conquering this adversary... and meanwhile, she'd take a less orthodox and more defensive approach for herself, in case this creature turned out to be beyond expectation. She used the necronomicon to fuel her abilities in blood magic, and used her bone abilities to form a sharp, thin, long blade... she would harness vampiric quality celerity, and a noblemans fighting style, with a blade longer than most could wield. This would allow her a more evasive fighting style, while allowing her minions to soak up damage... until she knew better how to counter the effects of the void, she wanted to avoid prolonged contact as much as possible. Her juggernaut armor was fueled by magic, and would possibly less resilient than Maryabelle's armor against this foe. Until she knew more... she'd take care. When her preparations were complete, she'd find some good wine, and wait.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Th lord would let his head hit the floor he was utterly defeated.... and the probing of his mind had drained him. She had seen his great work the, skrine.... the gem must have erased or put a gap in his memory so Iblis could not simply read his memories to truly know what the creature really was, or what it was capable of. all she could know was that it was part of his great plan to overthrow the cities ruler. then put himself in charge as the new leader and then force all the undead under true slavery. Truly the man was selfish to the highest degree. he would say nothing now....

Ibils would find a nice stash of wine nearby, rather expensive stuff too. he was going to perhaps serve it later as a toast to Iblis after his deal went through. Of course it didn't she simply took the book from him... but whatever... thing were turning out in a quite a convenient way the only snag being the creature in basement. Meanwhile a few skeletal and zombie people might peek through the door to see Iblis and the bloody remains of the guards she taken the bones of and lord Fane bloody on the floor. they would wonder just what happened.

If Iblis tuned into the Maryabelle channel she would see her walking with Susie and Lisa. "Oh wow your so sooooo cute susie! and your just like me, kinda almost alive!", Lisa said walking ahead of them Susie would blink and say in her soft little voice, "Thanks.... I guess..... and yeah.... I guess we are.... It's nice...." soon they would find small bank of sorts that would also double as a lew office. "This is where we can find the guy I was talking about Saul. he's a vampire! but he's pretty ok he's not super snooty most of them, well maybe he is....but he's super nice he always helps his fellow undead if he can and he's always super quiet about it.", Lisa said putting her hands to her hips. "Oh.... I've never met a vampire before.....", said Susie. Maryabelle might have been a bit on edge right about then.... she'd fought vampires well ones that got a taste of the first world anyway. once a rather ambitious one had tried to infiltrate her queens court and turn her ladyship into a thrall. But.... she'd have to put this aside... she was like them now.... undead... she couldn't judge them now. but she would be very on edge the whole time.

"Hey Saul! Saaaaul!", shouted Lisa into the neat, organized, and expensively varnished office. "Oh right... he's asleep right now it's day time and all that.", Lisa said "And oh yeah... he wouldn't know what I sound like yet would he....", Lisa said tapping her chin. Meanwhile, Maryabelle tried something... she thought loudly. "Er... My lady? can you... hear me? I believe we've found someone to help with the estate and money. Hes a vampire.... ", she'd feel her hesitance then. "Is everything ok there? have you found anything out?", she asked with her mind trying this the other way around for the first time.

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis took note of their activities, and heard her servant besides. "Everything is fine here. I've gotten the information I needed, but we will need the vampire's help, it would seem, for a good many things. There is a void creature involved... a pet project of Fane's, perhaps literally. It is something called a Skine... I am not going to approach it until you're here with me, but I am preparing to engage it. When you return, we will destroy this abomination." And hopefully learn valuable intel about their foe. Iblis poured herself a snifter of wine, and called out to the onlookers. "Your lord is dead, and you are free of his service. Those of you undead, gather your comrades and come to me... I will improve your quality of unlife. The rest of you, come introduce yourselves as well. I might have uses for some of you, and I will help all of you find your way now that you're out of the job, thanks to me. I'll not leave any of you wanting after murdering your master."

Iblis pondered what kind of vampire they'd run into. Of course, the progenitors still roamed this world, or slumbered beneath it. The primary progenitor... a foe she'd not like to cross blades with. While it was impossible for him to be truly dead, it was unlikely she'd be able to find him... what a boon such a creature would be, though! In a battle for all existence, no matter what kind of monster he may be. The very first vampire... leagues stronger than any that followed. The second generation was strong, all unkillable as well, but nowhere near his might. Iblis knew what few others did, if any other in this world... vampirism came from beyond this world. And she was one of the unlucky few who knew from whence it came.

Last edited:

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary thought this mind to mind communication seemed rather convenient.... but, she hoped Iblis wouldn't spy on her thoughts all the time... "Wait! Did she say Skrine!?", Maryabelle though as a cold sweat ran down her forehead. "I.... I know what that is..... don't I? It's some kind of terrible monster formed from undead and the power of first world.... one killed an entire regiment of knights! I was not there.... was I? no but I saw the devastation it wroght, Great gouges in the earth hundreds dead...", thought Maryabelle as her expression hardened like stone. She didn't care if a vampire was here anymore.... she knew what she had to do. she would destroy the abomination!

Meanwhile Lisa knocked on wall loudly and shouted, "C'mon Saaaaaaul I know you're here! wake uuuuuup!" there was shuffling in one of the back rooms and then the sound of heavy door being shut. Then a door opened inside the office. "Good lords of the nights! Who is it?! Do you know what time it is?!", came a thin shopficated voice. "Honestly.... mmm? well, who are you and what in the....", he sniffed the air. "Lisa....? Is that you dear girl?", questioned the tall thin figure in the doorway.

Saul was tall thin man with very pointed features to his face especially his chin. his skin was a very pale blue and his ears were slightly pointed. a pair of red speticaled glasses rested on his face while slightly spiked black hair topped his head he word very dark red fancy business suit iof a sort. though it was not extravagant more like classy and stylish then gaudy and opulent. "Yep! look at me! look at me!", Lisa said as she did a twirl. "Well.... How in the world did this happen...?", asked the vampire adjusting his glasses and looking more closely at her. "Lady Iblis did it! she's super powerful!", explained Lisa, a winning grin on her face. "She... did it..... to me too.... a nice necromancer.", murmured Susie. "mmm.... I thought I sensed a change in the air yesterday..... also blood has been spilled today i can taste it.", said Saul tapping his chin.

"Oh and who might you be hmmm?", he said raising an eyebrow to Maryabelle. "I am.... a knight called me Maryabelle. I have come on behalf of my lady Iblis. She requires the services of an accountant we have.... er.... come into some wealth and we need to make it all legal and straightened out I'd expect. "Hmmm i don't know this all sounds a bit... sticky....", Saul said with a scrutinizing expression. "Ok let me frank, then. We were attacked by lord fane and well.... it didn't end well with him. we'd hope to use the worthless scounders money for something better and hoped you could help....", Mary said honestly. "Ah, I see.... Yes lord Fane: the idiot noble. I knew one day he would end up dead. Karma at work. He's never messed with the vampires much being the coward that he was But he certainly made very many un-lives miserable. Go show on ending his worthless life." saul spat at the end there. "So you'll help them Saul?", Lisa asked hands together. "Of course they've done the undead community a great service. Even if I personally would have rather seen him tried and thrown into a dungeon to rot.... still good show. I'll be with in but a moment I need my parasol.... it's a bit bright out...", said Saul with a respectful bow, Vampires could be quiet polite people if they weren't feeling he lust for blood it seemed.

Back at the estate the working dead would come to Iblis to get back a semblance of life, Zombies would heal and feel the mind grow sharp again. the skeletons would grow their flesh back. some of the girls would sob softly in happiness as the looked at their hands and feet, felt their face and used their lungs. A man would make his way to Iblis and bow deeply to her. "Thank you miss.... we feel so much better. If you are taking this estate? if so a lot of us would love to work for you here...", he was strongly muscled man with fair skin and ashy blond hair. he was one of the skeletons before. he had an intense look in his eyes but his features were softer then his hard muscles would let on. he only had a battered pair of pants to his name. "Names Arick bu the way, everyone though I should speak for them. I've been her the longest.", he said with slight nod. Lord Fane would try to hide himself for his view in particular fearing him.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis tended to the many undead of the estate, and took the time to learn their names, and what they did... and then there was Arick. She looked back at the cowering form of lord Fane, quirking a brow. "Well, well. That is quite an impression. To tell you the truth, Arick, I've an accountant on the way to... shuffle some things around and make my ownership of the estate quite legal. It'll likely end up being something of a vacation home, for me. Therefore... I'll need a full staff at home. If the other's support you, I'd make of you my steward, and let you tend to the needs of the estate while I am gone. I have wars to fight, after all, but while I'm gone, there's no reason for the estate to lay fallow. You and the staff would be able to enjoy its full amenities in my absence, save for my bedroom, the master bedroom. A girl needs a little privacy." She gave a smile, looking to the others to see if they agreed with the idea of working under Arick. "I will need a loyal guard as well... I can leave some skeletons to care for the place, but they aren't the thinking type. They need direction or they'll just shuffle about and bump into things. I'd rather a more... lively guard."

Iblis had found a closet with some clothes in her size... it seems Fane had kept a few closets stocked with noble clothing for a female in her size... perhaps a mistress he liked to show off at parties. She had a noble's tailcoat with a silk cravat and frilled sleeves, and tight pants... perhaps it had been a very tomboyish girl. It went well with her skinny, nobleman's sword. She reinforced her body through blood magic, so that she wouldn't miss the bone armor too terribly in the event of bodily harm. She needed mobility, now, not armoring. It seemed Maryabelle had known of the skrine... and boy had she. It aroused quite the fear response in her. Iblis was glad she'd chosen to wait... they might want more than just the pair of them and some canon fodder for this thing, if it was an army wrecker. She also wanted to fight it somewhere besides the estate, if possible... she didn't want it loose, nor in its own environment. A mage with teleportation capabilities would be nice, but she didn't know of any... plus she'd be asking them to put themselves in great danger. No, she'd have to just guard the exits when she descended the estate to fight the beast. "Bring the accountant, knight, and return soon. I'd like to have this beast dealt with as soon as possible."

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Iblis could tell that Mary nodded buy the slight shifting of her vision. "Right away my lady. I shall be there post haste!", Maryabelle thought. Soon Saul, Susie and lisa were all on their way back, Maryabelle behind them a dark look to her face. She'd not thought that they'd fight a corrupted creature so soon.... As she understood a skrine was not a true creature of first world but was created by its corrupted influence. The queen court wizard told her it was the result of what happened when the remains of a ghoul and a living vampire were bond together as one creature by first world's influence. Normally such a thing could only be achieved through necrotic magics far past the sixth veil, but the chaotic powers of the farthest realm did not abide by this world rules..... in fact one could say they hardly followed any rules at all. a creature born in such a way would be savagery incarnate.... filled with hunger for flesh... a lust for blood...... and unearthly speed and power. Such was the horror of a skrine.

"Madam that would be just great.... the people hear would like nothing more then to be treated fair and get a decent wage. Being undead is hard enough.... so I speak for everyone when i say that most of us would be more than happy to work for you madam.", Arick said with such a relieved look on his face. though for a second she'd catch his eye drifting to his former lord and there would a be red flash in his eyes.

Not too long after Her lady knight came in with her new friends and Lisa. "My lady I have brought an accountant he also appears to be a lawyer as well.....", she said her voice trailing off her thoughts still churning about the skrine. Saul would bow smartly then look about seeing the people about knowing just at a sniff that they were like Lisa and Susie. "Saul, my lady, Saul Draken. head of Draken and Kine offices.", he took her hand and gave it a small kiss. That was vampires for you, even the good ones tried to get you under a "spell" with charisma. "So I hear from your knightley charge that you have.... come into some.... new wealth from our dear friend lord Fane?"

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis wasn't too surprised to hear the people were poorly paid and treated like animals. It was still a bit upsetting, though. She watched the man's eyes flash at Lord Fane, but didn't quite release the lord into his custody just yet... she didn't know if she'd yet have need of him. Then, there was Saul. Looked like he was a good call. The man was polite, well carried, and looked competent at a glance. "Ah, Saul Draken. A pleasure." Her smile was genuine, but wasn't... captivated. Seducing Iblis through magical means was next to impossible. She was too old, too knowledgeable, too wise. Her willpower was far too great for any sort of supernatural or magical compulsion to easily take hold. "Yes, and there is the good Lord in the corner." Looking thoroughly disgraced, and though animated, no longer alive... the only poor looking undead in the room, now.

"I intend a rather long campaign into building alliances and dallying in politics on a national scale and further still, but first, myself and my knight are going to have to address a very potent abomination in the rooms beneath our feet. Our good Lord Fane was up to some particularly vile acts, and what we face is possibly strong enough to purge all life and unlife from this city. For now, please acquaint yourself with the staff, and learn of their stories... and whatever they might know that could help you with your case." She'd then give him a brief overview of what she'd learned from Fane about the inner workings of his household and wealth, so that he could get a good start.

"We'll discuss your fee after... I'm afraid we really must take care of this particular beastie immediately. And, thank you, for coming on such short notice." She was sure the gossip alone would end up worth the trouble. "Knight! To me. And I do hope your shield arm isn't tired..." She had her noble sword drawn before she made it to the stairs, one arm behind her back, and blade pointed up.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Maryabelle would take a second to actually notice what her ladyship was wearing, she wore it all quite well too.... the tight pants especially.... she shook her head there was skrine to worry about! it was weird how her lady's looks could throw her like that sometimes.... was that just her? Or did the pact have subtle effects on her. "Yes my lady! Allow me to take the lead, it's only natural that a knight should go first. After all I'm the one in the heavy suit it armor.", she would go in weapons drawn and muscled tensed, ready to strike at any moment.

the stairs would lead down in a clockwise spiral, a common architectural feature made to make it easier to defend the place for attackers. most people were right handed so the found it hard to get a good enough swing while going down the stairs while the people going up would have more room to swing being right handed. Mary on the other hand was a lefty. She would hold her mace in her left and her shield in the right. Mary had gone down many a stairway like this. Her strength and being the way she was made her perfect for sieging a castle or fort. She often had an advantage when there was little room to maneuver, but against a skrine? She wasn't sure she wanted to fight such a thing in an enclosed space.

Thankfully they found their way down unmolested. A small room lay ahead. it was only dimly lit via magical blue candle light however Mary found that her ghoul eyes were well adjusted to low light conditions. There were several rather expensive paintings on the wall and once very large steel door with several magical binding circles drawn upon it. Maryabelle would look about the room. The door ahead had to hold all his magical artifacts and of course..... the skrine. She did take a second to look at one of paintings there and then Iblis would hear a gasp from her knight! "Wha-what?! He..... he found this painting!?", Maryabelle exclaimed. In front if her was a painting of a beautiful blonde woman... completely nude on a marble slab bench... she had a very red blushing face and her breasts were quite hefty, her figure curvy but toned.... she looked very familiar.... very, very familiar in fact. the very same blushing face would stare in shock at this and then quickly turn around and say, "U-Uh nothing to see here! let's go onward!", she said in a strained voice.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
If I am mad, it is mercy. May the gods pity the man who in his callousness can remain sane to the hideous end. -H.P. Lovecraft

Iblis knew madness. She knew despair. It was promised to her that, in her immortal existence, she would never have to experience these things... only witness them. But she wasn't an immortal reaper, now. She knew terrors the likes of which man should never have to conceive... and she knew that they existed. Beyond the world of death there were great terrors. Mans mortality was something he should fear. But the void... the void was something all existence should fear. Iblis passed down past stone walls, beneath the earth, and her hand trailed the stone as they descended in a spiral. It was a blessed relief from morbid thoughts when she saw that portrait of her lovely knight naked. "Ah, Maryabelle, sweet. When we are finished here, I think I shall have to put brush to canvas for you myself. This was a bold, beautiful piece... but I think I prefer you without the luster of life in your flesh. Pale, and blue, untouched by oxygen in your veins, you glisten differently... in a way I find beautiful, though perhaps, that is just the morbid taste of a reaper." She frowned. "For fuck's sake, I'm waxing poetic. Let's just go before my terror turns me into a gushing artist." She wouldn't show much other sign of her fear. She was that type... the type that wouldn't go insane from mind breaking horrors. She'd seen too much, suffered through too much. Her scars made her too tough. She feared that before the end, she'd wish she'd been weaker.

"Stay alert, dear heart. Keep the environment in mind. If that oversized club of yours slaps a wall instead of your foe, that could be the end of both of us." Which was why she had her side arm, a short broadsword for these narrow places... not that in her armor with that huge shield she would see such as a disadvantage. Not especially since she'd brought that long, thin blade and the two could coordinate to great extremes with Iblis' masterful abilities in tactics and manipulation.

Last edited:

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary only took a second to switch her expression back to stoney. She did have to wonder how anyone found that painting of her! the Queen had done it herself with slightly enchanted paints to allow it to last of hundreds of years. Her old Ladyship, the last ture queen, was quite the artist... she even got Maryabelles adorable blushing expression down correctly. It was a painting down out of love for her lady knight, one could see with the care with each stroke of the brush.... they really loved one another. But alas they were never able to be wed.... no history book spoke much about Maryabelle's relationship with her queen other then she was the most trusted and loyal knight of all the order. she certainly went on to be the most powerful.

Looking at the old nude painting may have been a teeny bit embarrassing but it did remind her.... of her duty and the promise she made her queen; to destroy the corrupting influence of first world. For as long as she drew breath.... or well.... she was dead she didn't have to breath.... as long as she walked this earth she would fight it. While she did hear her lady Iblis she tried not to think about her painting another nude portrait of her... as for her weapons being a bit big fpr the space she would take that into consideration... but she still much preferred her a mace in most situations, they were so much more comfortable to her she never had to ahling an edge just swing away.

After Iblis would dispel the magic on the door Mary would push it open revealing the next room ahead. this was wear he, lord Fane, used all his magical artifacts and did all his experiments. several bones would litter the floor around them while the walls would be nothing but pure stone brick. The wall would hold magical candles as well this time of a yellow color. many objects of different description would lay before them all in glass covered pedestals about the place. the room was huge in compared to the one before but i was still narrow in some places thanks to pillars used to support the ceiling. far further ahead the light seemed to fall away and darkness took hold obscuring the other half of the room. "So.... were is this skrine...?", Mary would say arms tensed, ready spring into action. The door would then slam behind them with clang! And then manic and shrill cry would shake the room as yellow eyes would appear in the darkness beyond them. a ragged and utterly insane sounding set of breathes would be heard from the place were the eyes held them in a gaze filled with utter savagery. Then cry would come again so loud was it that it would be heard on tje floor above. Saul would go even more pale... Lisa and Susie would hold on another tight suddenly full of boundless, nameless fear. Then.... the creature would attack.

The skrine just about exploded out of the darkness! Like the flash of memory in Lord Fane's headit was a creature of nothing but bone muscles and pure insanity. it was larger even then Maryabelle and it body would ripple with exposed musculature. it's head didn't resemble a human at all more like the pointed triangle or spear shaped face with two manic yellow eyes that would move independently from one another. it's moth would be full of teeth all like sharpened bone spikes while a long wiggling tongue would lash about as it howled at them. Mary only had less then a second to react, she brought her shield up to block the punch it threw at her, when it impacted the shield a shockwave would cause the ground around them throwing both Mary and Iblis backwards. the creature ungodly fast and held them in a gaze that knew nothing but the lust for battle, blood, and flesh.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis saw gore and viscera, smelled rot and death, sensed worse... corruption. Terrible things had happened here, unspeakable things, things even a reaper had to avert their gaze from. Things involving tormenting and degrading the soul, warping it into something horrifying. And there was the skrine... Maryabelle caught the first blow on her shield, and Iblis was glad she'd chosen her tactic. Her minions rose from nowhere, surged forward, the skeletons and golems diving at the Skrine. Cannon fodder... they would do no real damage, but they'd buy precious time. Time for Maryabelle to recover, and position herself. Time for Iblis to cast her magics. She hurried her spells, buffing Maryabelle, and herself with impossibly fast hand passes and muttered words. She was under the effects of a celerity curse... not a spell. It took off, and it gained momentum. The skeletons fought against the skrine, and they fell, splintering and shattering under its fury, and on and on they came, until it had shattered the last of them, scattering their shards against the walls. Iblis was then on top of a table, tailcoat fluttering behind her, one hand behind her back, and that long, thin blade in hand. She had a look on her face that Maryabelle had never seen... a look of profound sorrow, with a depth as fathomless and timeless as her own age. Her blows came with the panache and masterful skill of a swordsman who's arts predated the very civilization, if not the very species maryabelle's own martial arts came from, refined by thousands of masters over centuries. Her feet danced upon the table, twisting and turning to provide her the force she needed with her impossibly quick thrusts. The Skrine batted away her attacks, taking superficial cuts, before diving through the table, splitting it with its bulk and strength. Iblis flipped over it, and released the blade. She flicked two fingers towards the skrine, and the blade battled him on its own, thrusting and parrying as she danced aside it, baiting and luring him as it kept his attention. She couldn't land a blow on it that mattered, though... it finally grew frustrated enough to overreach, throwing a punch that would break her, but missing. She leaned to the side, and flicked her fingers upward, glancing sidelong at it as her blade impaled its arm vertically, pinning it for a moment. Enough time for Maryabelle to begin her own assault, with her superior firepower.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The skeletons would shatter and snap like toothpicks under the assault of the skrine. they did nearly nothing to it, merely annoying it for they had no blood nor flesh or great combat ability to sate its hunger. its roar would even shatter them! such was the force of its voice that it could crack bone with sound alone! Mary saw as her ladyship crossed sword with claw as grunts and pants of with a manic tone filled the air. thanks to Iblis' speed enhancements she was able to keep pace to with the monstrous creature, even if it towered over her being ten feet tall and pure muscle.

She displayed skill that Mary had never seen before all with look She could not understand.... why was her ladyship sad? That question would have to wait however.... Maryabelle would charge her way forward just as Iblis would finally get the creature to overcommit to a swing and pin its arm! Mary would give a "Raaaaah!", as she swung her mace. The skrine was so focused on Iblis that it only just noticed Mary just as her mace bashed it right in the side of the head! Sending it flying into a wall nearby and crashing more display cases. It would hop back to its feet and pray itself from the wall in mere seconds Mary it's new target. It was give another insane roar as its eyes rolled in its head then locked onto Mary. It would grab the blade in its arm and rip it out with some blood, tinged with a eerie purple glow, then throw it right at Maryabelle. She would defect the sword with her shield then charge again. The skrine would bellow back in challenge, this is what it wanted a real fight! someone to come charging at it! The would meet in the middle of the room shield meeting fist and the ground around them cracked and blasted away from the force of the impact. then the melee began.

Mary would slam it in the side with her mace, but then it would bash her in the of her face with a frist. Mary would stagger and shake her head to clear her vision a lesser creature would have had their head squashed! Mary would spit a bit of black blood to the side and raise her shield again her black eyes now slightly glowing. Iblis could feel bits of ghoulish nature starting to squirm in her mind. The Skrine would charge again and they would trade blows again. Mary would catch his claw swipes with well timed shield bash the stomp on its foot to hold it on place as she swung hard at its boney pointed head. the blow would cause it's neck to make several snapping sounds as it's head ended up looking completely backwards a few bone teeth flying away from it and red blood with a purple glow once again dripping to the floor. Mary had hoped to kill it like that but she gasped as she saw one of its rolling eyes suddenly swivel back to her then its whole head would follow with a really disgusting set of cracking noises. It would howl right in her face to stun her then bite onto her arm there was the sound of metal being pierced and then Mary cried out in pain as it bit into her flesh through the armor. again Mary's eyes would then glow ever brighter and and rage would cross her features and she would take her elbow and ram it as hard as she could into its chest! it would hold though bitting harder even as some of its ribs would break then she'd hit it again, and again until she made it let go and it flew backwards landing on its feet and sliding a little. The would both bleed here and there. Mary from her arm, the skrine its chest. both would begin to slowly heal just before they both roared at one another. Inside Mary's mind she began to see the world in red as anger began to take hold in her. they would charge again!

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Truth be told, Iblis could see that the void creature wasn't a vehicle for infection, and knew her bone lord form would be farm more effective in this fight. But... there were other reasons not to use it. Iblis was used to her skills and abilities, varied as they were, but Maryabelle had only just awoken to her strength. She was fighting hard, but didn't harness even the first gate. Iblis was in a good fight controlling form here, to help keep the battle on their terms while Maryabelle adjusted... and tried herself against a powerful opponent, and she held up well. However... the skrine ultimately had the advantage. Even against her supernatural physique, it would win one on one, its natural raw, primal might against her ill adjusted martial discipline. She needed a better grasp of her own innate capabilities, and this was the perfect opportunity to explore that. The Skrine made a movement, quicker than its others, and Iblis recognized it for a practiced kill move. Her sword shot towards it, fumbling the attack and forcing it to defend its self... and it couldn't afford to attack her back as Maryabelle pressed it.

"Knight. Release." Iblis held up two fingers, and Maryabelle would feel her mind let loose, as the seals upon her unraveled. She would experience her powerful rage now... and Iblis would have to be careful. The deeper she let Maryabelle slip into it the first time, the more dangerous it would be, but frankly... they needed the advantage here. Maryabelle couldn't afford to continue trading blows at this rate.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary was mad before, it was righteous anger more directed at Lord Fane for spawning such a monster with no regard for the consequences for such an action. Also, this was going to be fight for her honor, long ago she'd lost friends to a skrine and was not there to help destroy it. She had always carried that guilt even now in her undeath. She would destroy this creature to redeem herself for the spirits of her long dead comrades in arms. she was mad but she was in control of herself. in was not really in her nature to let anger rule her. Unwavering discipline was her way it was the way I knight should hold themselves she thought. Mary may have had the power to kill the skrine but she didn't have a clue how to channel her ghoul strength. she was still very knew to this whole situation and fell back to her training to fight.

She was ready to meet the monster in melee again but her ladyship interrupted her opponent with another thrown sword. One of the skrine's eyes would look to Iblis but it could not get around Maryabelle and it was far, far more interested in fighting her seeing her more worthy of its time. Maryabelle would give her lady a nod thanking her for having her back. however she didn't realize what Iblis meant when she said, "Knight. Release."

My lady what-", she began to say but suddenly her heart would feel like it stopped then one hard ka-thump would rock her body as she felt something strange unwrap itself from her thoughts. The strange, squirming, sliding, feeling that had been hiding in the back of her mind would suddenly spring loose and she would gasp, her eyes wide as her eyes shone red.

The skrine even in its manic bloodlust would halt, this interested it. It craved even more battle and blood to be spilled. Its wild twitching body would sway in anticipation, its mouth drooling, its eyes now both fully focused on her once again. Mary found herself grow even more angry at a terrifying rate. A small part of her mind would cry out in fear, "No! What.... what's happening to.... me....?!". her heart would ka-thump again as if to spread her rage through her body. "No I'm a.... knight.... I shant let this..... overtake me!", she thought as she struggled as flashes of the decimated battlefield of hundreds of years ago dead knights calling to her calling for vengeance and blaming her for their death. the guilt and rage she felt at the time would come back to haunt her. it was the way her brain was interpreting the mindless hunger and rage that ate at her it was funneled into something with a shape then into blind anger. all her negative emotions would torment her, regret at never being able to marry the queen like she'd always dreamed, her sadness at losing all her time and a happy life in the past, and the guilt of those she could not save. then she snapped despite her efforts the first ture release of ghoul power would surge through her. The first gate would open.

All of this happening in the span of a few seconds in real time, but to Maryabelle it was a miniature eternity. then suddenly she would roar this time it was beastail and filled with rage instead of a righteous battle cry. Her eyes an eerie red. the skrine would call back in challenge. They would charge Maryabelle would move with speed she'd not shown before, and catch it right in the shoulder with her mace as rasping pants would echo from her. Then just as the skrine would be reeling from the attack she would bash it across the face with her shield then another mace strike to the side and another. the skrine did not anticipate such a jump in speed from Mary then again it never really thought about much. it would counter a blow coming for its face by doing a double kick to Mary's chest and flinging her back. she would simply slide across the ground still standing and roar once more shaking the ground.

Last edited:

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
It would take time, for Maryabelle to master her rage... for many mortals, it was the work of a lifetime. But even so, it would strengthen her, and whatever discipline of her craft she could hold onto in the heat of a rage would bolster her further. Artlessly, she flailed at her foe, taken by rage, but the effects of her empowerment were obvious. Even the beast was stunned by the transformation that overtook her. The skrine took a moment to get its bearings under her onslaught, but eventually, it countered her assault, kicking her off of it, and before it could leap upon her, Iblis was there again, dancing with that thin blade. And so quickly did she move! The blade twirled, guided by fingers and Iblis danced close and pulled away again and again, tantalizing a target... unfortunately, her hits were shallow, weak, and her movements did not frustrate her enemy. His attention was upon Maryabelle. Still, his inattention was a detriment to his effectiveness. He considered her weak, her blows weak, and the effort to hit her not worthwhile. It gave her her opening, eventually.

Iblis dived in as it sought to move past her, and buried that blade between its ribs, angling up... and it exited out its back. Unfortunately, when she tried to wrench the blade free, it was stuck fast... and she took a clawed swipe to the face and torso before she could dance back again. Iblis flew, and crashed into the floor, rolling several times before she stopped, blood splattering in a fan around her. It was magic that made her bleed so freely and quickly... and not her magic. Fortunately, she was saturated with blood magic, and began calling the blood back... but she was left quite vulnerable, and the pain and damage would slow her reactions if the beast decided to pursue her. Maryabelle would hear her master's words in her head. "Knight... don't let up. Fight aggressively. Keep control of the battle." The Skrine was slowly gaining the upper hand, and it could not continue.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Iblis interference would earn her savage strike with the skrine's claws, its dual nature of ghoul and vampire allowed it to cause wounds to really hemorrhage through a sort of mixed blood power. Mary meanwhile had only just noticed her ladyship was there once she attacked the creature and was subsequently slashed away from her. despite her rage she could still recognize Iblis and the voice in her head. The skrine had had enough of her meddling in its perfect fight, as she tried to bring her blood back into herself it would dash at her arms raised mouth wide ready to tear her limb from limb. Mary's eyes would flash with renewed anger! How dare it lady a hand on her ladyship! Maryabelle was fast now really way faster than anyone in heavy armor had any right to be.... but she could would not be able to catch the skrine before it reached Iblis, so instead she'd grip her shield on the bottom with one hand and toss it! much like she did with the bone when she first received.

the air would expolde in a small sonic boom as it impacted the Skrine and took it with it to the wall with a deafening crash everyone in the estate would feel it. and may would gulp in fear. just as the dust would settle and the skrine would begin to budge again the shield lodged slightly in its chest, Mary was on it once again slamming her mace extremely hard into its arm cracking the bones and making it go limp the skrine would cry out but then lash out with bone pointed tongue it would preice into her stomach But Mary would completely ignore this and slam her mace down on its head macking it bite off its out tongue! it would trash and fall out of her and the skrine would try to start growing it back and fixing it's arm. Mary would remove her shield and and then the two would go at it once more. The skrine would amp up its strength as much as it could now. A kick would hit her in the side but she bash the knee of leg that did it then shield bash it away once more. both could heal slowly it was all about who could overtax the others healing factor. Maryabelle had an advantage now she was not fast but incredibly durable she just had to pin the blasted thing and pound it into mush.

The skrine would retaliate in very quick fashion it would zip around her punch her here and slash her there darting in and landing blows all across her, every hit rocking her and stumbling her. every hit would remind her of how this world had wronged her..... just as it looked like Mary was completely outmatched until finally she would drop her mace and seemingly catch the skrine by the neck as she seethed with rage. it would struggled an even pound her side with powerful blows even as black blood would drip from her. then she would squeeze as the most beastail roar one could ever hear from something human shaped would erupt from her as she smashed it into the ground with such force that the stone floor would explode around her. the skrine did not feel pain in the same way a normal creature would but even it would be stunned by such force. but then Maryabelle would be on top of it, dropping even her shield as she held its neck to the ground and then she would would punch it in the face hard making the ground crack once again, the skrine would punch her in her side but she would not move. her fist came down again, then again, then again! each time coming out faster until she was using both hands to pummel it into the ground as she screamed in untamed rage! not even the skrine could escape such an attack! its face would begin to break into pieces she really was going to turn this thing into mush! however the skrine still had one more trick.... one of its feet would begin to morph into large spike glowing purple with the essence of first world it would begin to angle itself at Mary!

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis realized, lying on the ground bleeding, why she'd hesitated. It hadn't been because her blade wouldn't come out... a sword master of her caliber knew better, reacted faster. It'd been because she'd been protecting something else, something she valued more than her own life, her own immortal existence, and always had. Something that wasn't even there anymore.

She rolled over on her side, cradling an empty space at her hip as she moaned from the pain. Life meant a great deal of pain... but she could manage. She could bear it. Her blood seeped back into her wounds, and she felt a greater pain... a pain of loss. Her lantern wasn't there. Noctreia, or dark-light. Her darklight. Filled with the souls of those who couldn't pass on... a place of supreme comfort for them to find peace in her safe embrace while they found the will to pass from this world, she'd kept so many souls there. They were her family... they were everything to her. It was an orphanage of sorts, filled with souls waiting for loved ones, or who had died filled with regret, bitterness, anger... and the rest of the gambit of powerful human emotions. Some were there with love so strong they couldn't let go, some were there because they simply didn't understand their lives were over, and needed a gentle voice to guide them, to show them the way, lest they fall to their nibbling fears, ravenous, and waiting to devour them. She felt tears form and leak from her eyes. They weren't there anymore... she didn't know where they were. She'd made a choice... she'd abandoned them, to do what she saw as a necessary duty. She'd abandoned them all.

The darklight had been the most powerful artifact she'd ever possessed, and it had remained with her for most of her existence. It was a part of her, that little lantern... but it was gone now. Gone... and she was still here. She lifted the necronomicon, a hand still clasped to her wounds, trying to reabsorb her blood and close, fighting with the fell magic of the beast. She saw Maryabelle crushing her foe, quite literally, but it wasn't going to die easily. The ten foot giant was a creature of the void, and called upon its power. Those telltale purple energies emerged, and Iblis flung a shard of bone. She willed it to grow, and it grew into a wall of bones and skulls, jeering at the beast as it broke under the hefty blow... and caught its foot, collapsing around it and holding the monster tight.

"Finish it!"

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
Mary would pummel the creature with speed and power far beyond a run of the mill ghoul or zombie. she was more on the level of old and powerful vampires and perhaps eve they would be wary of such power. even as the skrine would retaliate hitting her even as she would deepin the small crater around them with blows. she simply did. Not. Care. She was lost in rage with black blood and tears in her eyes. All of her frustrations were being let out upon this unholy creature. She would cry out and scream like a wild woman as she wailed on in, she couldn't handle the rage.... as they say the frist time is always the hardest. Mary had heavy weights in her soul full of regret finding herself dead had filled her with profound sadness, she just didn't show it then, she was still too surprised at the time to truly express it. Iblis could no doubt feel the surging wells of emotion in her lady knight.

She had acted quickly and stopped whatever plan the skrine had with her boney grasp, allowing Mary the time she needed to ready her final blow. she would throw a puch so hard and fast the it blasted nearly the entire stone floor away! the skrine itself would be blasted to a bloody mess but this as the armored gauntlet would shatter off of her arm along with bit of her sleeve under it as tiny bit of smoke would float away from her knuckle. seconds before the Skrine finally knew fear in its short existence meanwhile to two poor souls that were made to be one through dark means would know peace. It was done, Maryabelle would wail in triumph but yet she would still feel so angry, so sad, and so full of regret. even if her comrades were avenged in a way it didn't fill the hole inside her heart. she had yet to deal with all the feeling she hid in the back of her mind, trying to focus on her duty. but she was a person just like anyone else and she had tried to bottle up all her grief. she would thrash about still in a rage but now crying and sobbing all her emotions on display at once.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Iblis watched as the Skrine's last desperate attempt failed, and Maryabelle put a swift and brutal end to it. Iblis sat, fatigued, as Maryabelle pounded the thing, then went... emotional. The rage was too much for her to handle. Iblis, meanwhile, stripped off her bloodied and shredded clothing. The tailcoat, her silk shirt, both ruined... the pants might wash out. Her entire front had large, pink scars over the ebon flesh, but those would fade soon enough. Then, she approached Maryabelle, and put two fingers on her forehead, re activating the seal on her. It would fight her emotional outburst, and it might not win right away, but then Iblis would be holding her, shushing her, and petting her head, holding her to her breast. Iblis had spent a thousand thousand lifetimes comforting the damned, and there was a world of love and tenderness in her voice.

"There, there. There, there. Hush, little ghoul." She pet her hair, and smushed boobs in her face. Certain stimulations could be felt in the human instinctive emotional palette even through death... the maternal gestures were comforting, at any stage of life or death. "It is over. Your fight is over, and you can rest now. Your pain is there to remind you that you loved, and lost. It hurts, I know... but it reminds you that you are strong enough to love again. And that is what she would want for you, even in this unlife." She'd kiss the top of her head, and continue holding her close.