That problem where you want everyone as a companion

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
For where I'm at right now (still back and forth making babies while trying to avoid TFs that I have to save edit to revert), I'd say Shar or Sigrune.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
If a genie came down and offered you the wish to make any one existing character in COC2 a full and complete companion released the very next day, who would you choose?
Hashat. She's already coded up for combat, she's a good drinking buddy, a Codex Alera reference, I've got a thing for horsey girls and she treats Ryn right.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Evelyn....
Imagine wanting to expose your delicate mistress to actual harm.

I like the set of companions that we have now (and the companion/follower content that we have coming), and would love to see them get more content rather than diluting them. Shar, I think, works better as a follower or a friendo than an outright companion anyway. The only possible addition that I can think of would be [redacted].

Reactions: Paradox01

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
Alright then, let's throw out a relevant question-

If a genie came down and offered you the wish to make any one existing character in COC2 a full and complete companion released the very next day, who would you choose?

If we're talking favorite battle buddies that would be cool to see work in battle, Eryka cause it'd be nice to have a paladin with us. I like her aesthetically and as a character tbh she's really great.

I really like the idea of Gwain, the beast rider guard. I'd like to see more of her in general but I think her kit would be fun.

If it's based on favoritism, Elthara 100%. She constantly battles Ryn for the spot of my favorite Elf character and is sooooo my type.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Nanako (sp? Samurai-Floof)

I'd love to see him become essentially the Royal Bodygaurd, considering I'm a noble, and Kiyoko is royalty.

Not to mention have a legit 100% outsider look at react to the world would be cool, as I am a HUGE fan of Ryn narrating during our travels. It really fleshed out the fact that she is of this land.

Reactions: Caprice Dhusara

Herod_Hammerstar

Dec 24, 2020

Since I assume the dryads are off-limits, I'll pick Baroness Carmen. I'm fascinated with the idea of an aristocrat being forced into becoming an adventurer, without losing any of his/her privileged-nobility attitude.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015

This is honestly a very hard question for me I still want Shar and Sigrune though now after time Valencia (even though she's pretty new I would really like the idea of someone training under you and maybe inheriting some of your character class abilities and I just like them so far, I suppose I get teh same idea with shar as well) and Byvernia eventually recognizing your strength proper and joining up would be cool.

The biggest thing I suppose I want down the line though for real later content is more party member capacity though it would be tough to balance for I just like having many companions.

Oh and a headquarters of some kind would be great too that's the next thing I would honestly love besides companions was honestly a big part of the original CoC to me was upgrading that little camp tbh lol.

This isn't to sound ungrateful though I do rather like Azzy so far as a companion and always looking forward to more for this game even if it's not quite my thing kinkwise a good portion of the time.

Last edited:

Burn123

May 2, 2019
Oh and a headquarters of some kind would be great too that's the next thing I would honestly love besides companions was honestly a big part of the original CoC to me was upgrading that little camp tbh lol.

Eventually you're going to be able to move into a castle, but I dunno when it's going to be added.
The wayfort between the Old Forest and the Frostwood is also going to be a sort of "camp" where you send corrupted characters. There's already a few characters there, but I think it is going to become much more populated in the future.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
Hashat. She's already coded up for combat, she's a good drinking buddy, a Codex Alera reference, I've got a thing for horsey girls and she treats Ryn right.

I second this so much not only for the reasons you stated but also because my pc is an elf and I would really like for her to spend more moments with her babydaddy (she-daddy ??? babysire?). In addition, I think that a potential threesome between Hashat, Ryn, and an elf!pc could be soooo cute. I get cavities just thinking of it. #TwoElvesAreBetterThanOne
:negativeman:

Besides Hashat, if I had to pick, I would love to see Nakano become a companion and have him open up to us. He may be a stick-in-the-mud but he's a cute stick-in-the-mud. Plus, sticks-in-the-mud are par for the course in romcoms, soooo, yeah. :p (Not saying that CoC II is a romcom btw — tho it would be hilarious if there was a merged April Fools/Valentines Day event that plays out like one, lol.) For legit in-game reasons, though, he wants to prove himself as this mighty warrior, right? Why not have him join the Champion so that he can be at the frontlines of the upcoming war, then. It could be a (begrudging) alliance, at first!

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016

Ninian

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
The idea of a fairy companion is actually somewhat interesting a concept, would be quite different to the other party members mechanically, but the stuff with your boy Ninian creeps me out.
Not throwing shade or anything with this statement, different parts of the game will naturally appeal to different people.

Like I simply wanted to help the guy move into a new home in the town for safety's sake, the options lurking in the dialogue tree to molest him or hearing his unfortunate backstory meant I kept a wide berth after getting the little dude situated.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019

I mean, Shar is a bit of an obvious one (especially since she was originally supposed to be a companion), but aside from her... the Alraune? It just feels like she'd be a very interesting (and unique) companion. Though with her boss status, she's also pretty strong, but at the same time flexible power levels are present already (like how Atugia single-handedly beats your entire party of 3, regardless of how the actual combat goes, and nearly decapitates you, but will also start out at level 1 when you acquire her and has a much more tank-focused playstyle despite automatically winning the introduction). If not her (given that I think she's stuck in the ground?), then perhaps the Effigy Herald, especially since she's more of a mini-boss, and she has a Charmer-esque moveset. I'm interested in more companions like that, especially since Quintillus is pretty much the only actually tease-based companion (that is, all damaging abilities deal resolve damage. Even then, based on the description, Firewalk only deals lust damage if the enemy hits Quin, and he needs to constantly use his Soothing Dance while its active to heal his own resolve since it drains resolve. Not counting Atugia as her resolve damage is only really there to draw more aggro.).

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
She literally cannot move... she is a plant in the ground...
Yeah, was also thinking this when reading that post.

Maybe Tide had a plan to transplant said creature into a giant plantpot on wheels?

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
I mean, Shar is a bit of an obvious one (especially since she was originally supposed to be a companion), but aside from her... the Alraune? It just feels like she'd be a very interesting (and unique) companion. Though with her boss status, she's also pretty strong, but at the same time flexible power levels are present already (like how Atugia single-handedly beats your entire party of 3, regardless of how the actual combat goes, and nearly decapitates you, but will also start out at level 1 when you acquire her and has a much more tank-focused playstyle despite automatically winning the introduction). If not her (given that I think she's stuck in the ground?), then perhaps the Effigy Herald, especially since she's more of a mini-boss, and she has a Charmer-esque moveset. I'm interested in more companions like that, especially since Quintillus is pretty much the only actually tease-based companion (that is, all damaging abilities deal resolve damage. Even then, based on the description, Firewalk only deals lust damage if the enemy hits Quin, and he needs to constantly use his Soothing Dance while its active to heal his own resolve since it drains resolve. Not counting Atugia as her resolve damage is only really there to draw more aggro.).
Part of the reason I chose Shar is because she was originally intended to be a companion (I also think she's absolutely precious and want to adventure with emotional support harpy waifu).
Effigy Herald is actually a pretty solid choice too, now that I've actually read over some more dialogue instead of just skimming sex scenes while I run around making babies. Especially if she develops as an individual during her time with the Champion. Things like choosing a name (or having the Champion name her), expanding her personality a little (perhaps partly influenced by the Champion like with Kinu), and becoming somewhat more mature and independent from Mother Alraune than the other Effigies while still keeping part of the "mommy's little girl" aspects (something similar to Nova calling Captain Morrow in TiTS, but more familial, maybe?). That might be asking for a little much, but I would definitely pay for someone to write it and get it into the game (along with Shar as a companion) if I had the money to.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
She literally cannot move... she is a plant in the ground...
I did say halfway through the post, "If not her (given that I think she's stuck in the ground?)" and pivot to the Effigy Herald, mostly because that was when I realized, myself, that she is a plant in the ground. Since the Effigies can walk and dance independently, I felt like she'd be the next best choice

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Wonder if people will want the new "Borc" character as a companion now.

Not got that urge myself beyond the fact its always nice to see someone wielding a Halberd.