That problem where you want everyone as a companion

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
Like ok Sigrune is really cool oh Azzyran oh she'd be a cool character to have oh Shar is cute I'd like her to join up oh Kas you a sexy lady though I don't like the dong why you gotta be so evil c'mon stop that n join the party etc etc lol... just saying... ;w;

curious side note will 3 always be the normal limit due to summons? we had 4 in Winter City but I dunno I would like to eventually move up as we go along but that's not a necessity obviously.

TheShepard256

Only five characters per side can fit in the UI, so that's the limit. Player character + 1 summon + 1 guest companion* = 3 characters, so having a maximum of two full-time companions at all times prevents the party from ever exceeding 5 characters.
*e.g. Hethia/Ryn in the Winter Palace, Garret in Fort Marrok, Arona when fighting Argoth.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Like ok Sigrune is really cool oh Azzyran oh she'd be a cool character to have oh Shar is cute I'd like her to join up oh Kas you a sexy lady though I don't like the dong why you gotta be so evil c'mon stop that n join the party etc etc lol... just saying... ;w;
When development started, Savin came up with a very firm rule intended to enforce the role of companion characters as being, y'know, characters who are integrated into the whole of the setting rather than being 'bubble waifus'. There's a topic here that sets out some of this, with the effect that the game has as many companions as it's ever going to. Not all of them are implemented yet so there's still room for a few more to show up, but not for new ones to be created at this point.

Shar actually was planned to be a companion at one point, but Savin had already given himself more than enough work with his three companions (plus, y'know, being in charge of the whole shebang) so that fell by the wayside. And Azzy is one of those 'planned but not yet implemented' companions. xD

Last edited:

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne
I think Azzy is going to be a party member, unless I'm mistaken.

Kasyrra technically is a party member for at least one portion depending on your relationship with her. Also, the dick is the best part.

Reactions: valkyr42

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Azzy will be a proper companion, just like Cait or Brint.

Kas was a guest (like Elthara or Hethia). Any character can potentially be a guest -- and we now have the tech to make entire parties of guests -- for specific events, but they can't follow you around outside their very narrowly-defined dungeons or adventures.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Arona makes a joke about bringing Elthara with you and boy do I wish that was an option

Brint also talks about taking her along. Wsan is a tease.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
ooh good to know about Azzy though just to be sure this wasn't a complaint or not a serious one. It's just me liking a lot of characters to be honest and enjoying them or just their design and wanting to know more about them (in this case Sigrune as I don't want to just beat her up but at the moment can't really proceed past her without doing just that which I did once just to see way back but reloaded cause that's not how I'm playing my PC)

Though thanks for taking the time Savin not used to seeing dev replies in forums honestly.

Last edited:

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Shar actually was planned to be a companion at one point, but Savin had already given himself more than enough work with his three companions (plus, y'know, being in charge of the whole shebang) so that fell by the wayside.
Aw, that depresses me.

She's a cute apprentice daughteru who really seemed like she was going to become a party member at some point since not only does she join you briefly in a quest but you even have the ability to train her to be an actual fighter.

Azzy was obviously hinted at being a future companion when the hive was cleansed to be sure and I'm so glad to have her in the crew now.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexnChaos

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
I went into CoC2 blind (not counting what I knew from CoC 1) and had a headcanon that Kasyrra was a previous (failed) Champion on Mareth before the PC arrived on that world. Having just read the Google doc for her, I'm pleasantly surprised that I was partially right: Kasyrra was technically Mareth's first Champion before she was corrupted and became the person we see in CoC2. Hoping we can do something for her similar to what a pure Champion in CoC 1 could do for Lethice if they show mercy to her at the end of the game.

Reactions: Aurore

Aurore

Oct 23, 2020
Brazil
I went into CoC2 blind (not counting what I knew from CoC 1) and had a headcanon that Kasyrra was a previous (failed) Champion on Mareth before the PC arrived on that world. Having just read the Google doc for her, I'm pleasantly surprised that I was partially right: Kasyrra was technically Mareth's first Champion before she was corrupted and became the person we see in CoC2. Hoping we can do something for her similar to what a pure Champion in CoC 1 could do for Lethice if they show mercy to her at the end of the game.
I just want to purify kasyrra and give her a soul, the curiosity to know what she would look like in her human form is killing me every day.

Reactions: Caprice Dhusara

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
the curiosity to know what she would look like in her human form is killing me every day.
A little bit of lateral thinking might help you figure out the answer to this.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Poleaxe, but yeah, pretty thin. ;)
I think that's not so much a poleaxe as it is a scale model of a poleaxe that she swiped and is carrying because she mislaid the real deal.

Or, y'know, it's Thorgrim's Enchanted Poleaxe of Smiting +3 and the fact that the business end(s) looks to be maybe six inches tops can be justified as 'magic, bitch'.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I think that's not so much a poleaxe as it is a scale model of a poleaxe that she swiped and is carrying because she mislaid the real deal.
I'd go one further and call it a "stylized poleaxe for the sake of art".

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
This is not a Pollaxe or a Halberd, this is an all-metal one-handed Lucerne hammer.
latest
Pfft! Yeah, well, whatever, poleaxe was WAY closer than halberd, I mean jeez, c'mon, phshaw!

Reactions: Herod_Hammerstar

Caprice Dhusara

Apr 21, 2020
maybe the subject of Pure! Kasyrra's weapon should have it's own thread if you guys want to discuss it? Let's try not to derail this one too much.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Alright then, let's throw out a relevant question-

If a genie came down and offered you the wish to make any one existing character in COC2 a full and complete companion released the very next day, who would you choose?