Terran Treat falsely targets legs and balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
(On firefox) When using the terran treat, I noticed that, despite my legs already being normal human legs, and despite my testicles also being normal (aside from the massive size), terran treats will repeatedly attempt to transform them. I'm not even sure what it attempts to target when the ball transformation occurs, particularly since the wiki doesn't say that the Terran Treat has any ball-focused tfs. Save attached.
1693359110577.png
1693359130181.png
1693359180088.png

Attachments

• Nareva (H) - 12Hrs 37Mins, 10 Days - Tavros Station, Kalas.json
    626.9 KB · Views: 4

lowercase_donkey

Scientist
Apr 27, 2016
Ty for save, I will take a look.

Edit: I was able to find and fix an issue with the leg TF repeating endlessly. I cannot do the same with your ball issue, it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tide Hunter

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Balls TF:

It's triggered by having any skin-type override on your balls.
SKIN_TYPE_SKIN is nominally type 0 for skin-types.
Whoever implemented the overrides opted for -1 to signify "no change", presumably to try and model the normal case of your balls would always match your primary body skin-type unless explicitly overridden.
Your save has a skin-type override of your balls for SKIN_TYPE_SKIN, whereas this should have been set to -1 if it ever cleared.
Very few things actually change this value (some goo things and furball are basically the only explicit things I can see that ever change this value. That is to say, nothing ever explicitly attempts to set this value to SKIN_TYPE_SKIN.
A long time ago, ball-modifications like this were handled by a status effect - those were removed and real properties were put in place to carry the data instead.
I think you had one of these status effects, and the conversion process didn't account for the fact that the -1 value is default, not zero like the status effect used (ie the absence of the status effect implied what -1 does now), thus setting the value to SKIN_TYPE_SKIN (type 0)

Reactions: Malidica
Status
Not open for further replies.