.swf problems?

RenaNya~

Mar 20, 2016
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I recently downloaded 0.7.101 as of 10/12, through the usual download button under backer builds, but every time I try to open it, it just opens to a blank white screen.

some info: I use firefox to open the .swf file, this I've done for quite a while, and have not found this problem before.

So does anyone have a possible solution, or at least, an idea of what's wrong?

P.S. I am still able to play through the window option, but I like to have a copy in case of no internet.

nevermind it was a firefox issue, *sigh*

Last edited:

The Question

Jan 6, 2016
I was having this problem too. I ended up downloading Adobe's Flash Player Beta Standalone because Firefox's most recent updates have made .swf files unplayable.

You can find the newest version here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Even this doesn't work for me. No matter what flash player or browser I try to use it either results in a white screen or a message erroneously telling me that Flash isn't installed. I didn't use to have this problem. I have no idea what's going on.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Even this doesn't work for me. No matter what flash player or browser I try to use it either results in a white screen or a message erroneously telling me that Flash isn't installed. I didn't use to have this problem. I have no idea what's going on.
You scrolled down for the standalone right? Didn't just click the ones at the top?

The Question

Jan 6, 2016
Yeah, I scrolled. We're talking about the standalone exe application. What really gets me is that sites like Newgrounds still work fine, but trying to open these files in a browser or a standalone player just isn't doing anything for me any more. This stuff works on my Windows 8 laptop, but its stopped working altogether on my Win 7 gaming rig.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, I scrolled. We're talking about the standalone exe application. What really gets me is that sites like Newgrounds still work fine, but trying to open these files in a browser or a standalone player just isn't doing anything for me any more. This stuff works on my Windows 8 laptop, but its stopped working altogether on my Win 7 gaming rig.
Well newgrounds and other sites have been updating their stuff as they already knew flash was gonna die, Newgrounds founder even gave an interview talking about the future of it as how they been working on converting swf videos and ways to keep games running so that may be the reason they work with no problem?

The Question

Jan 6, 2016
Well, I intentionally picked something from the mid 2000's for the test. Incidentally, even games from Albinoblacksheep's flash section work fine.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Well, I intentionally picked something from the mid 2000's for the test. Incidentally, even games from Albinoblacksheep's flash section work fine.
The fact that it works in not-firefox is proof enough that it is a Firefox issue. Also, there are probably very few flash games that have the functionality and push the architectural boundaries as much as TiTS.

The Question

Jan 6, 2016
Those were websites I was talking about. I ran those IN Firefox. Standalone players don't work for me. At least not on my Windows 7 rig. I'm wondering atm if Adobe just isn't supporting Win 7 properly anymore, never minding the Firefox issues.

Keto

Jun 19, 2017
I run the standalone on my Win7 gaming rig just fine. Don’t know if this will help but here’s what I did:

1) put the .exe in the programs folder
2) make a shortcut to it in the taskbar
3) associated the standalone flash .exe file with .swf file formats
4) ran the TiTS .swf file

If you run the standalone player itself, it will come up with a white blank screen. You can then open a file from within the player (should be a toolbar on top I think).

Hopefully this helps point you in the right direction.

The Question

Jan 6, 2016
Was able to get it to work by going through the rigamarole of locating the file path from within the flash player. For some reason associating files just didn't do anything. I couldn't get it to play it my double clicking the swf file like usual.

New World

Jul 17, 2016
This worked for me: (on Firefox)
1) Type "about:config" into your address bar and search for "plug*ht".
2) Double-click "plugins.http_https_only" to set its value to false.