SUPER SPACE GLADIATOR ARENA

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017
so I've been considering starting up a side project for something like a Rachet & Clank/Borderlands-ish style of arena, and I would love some feedback for what I have so far. (Also, I feel like this has probably been asked for somewhere, so I apologise if this turns out to be another "dead horse" sorta thing) It would be a tournament held on an hollowed out moon-turned-asteroid, in a location ideally outside of any borders/ or something. Unofficially sponsored by corporations such as: Xenogen, Joyco, Reaper Armaments, and Akkadi. With the prizes being supplied by Reaper Armaments, and a joint shipbuilding project by Pyrite, and Aegis. "Participants" would likely be indentured servants, slaves, and prisoners from various worlds. Along with a few mercs, pirates, and crazy adventurers. As most people there would be fighting for freedom, I was considering each round having some sort of point system, where the winner of the round has their defeated foes' total bounty added to their "safe", allowing them to pay their debts, monetary or otherwise through each battle. This is pretty much as far as I've gotten with the idea for now, and I'll wait and see how this goes before putting any more thought into it.

F

Franks

There was an arena in CoC, the ants in the desert had one. I don't see why we couldn't have one in TiTs, if you can write it!

It seems to me that this sort of thing would fall under the jurisdiction(or lack thereof) of the Black Void, though, instead of a bunch of legal companies.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
There was an arena in CoC, the ants in the desert had one. I don't see why we couldn't have one in TiTs, if you can write it!

It seems to me that this sort of thing would fall under the jurisdiction(or lack thereof) of the Black Void, though, instead of a bunch of legal companies.
Maybe not the Black Void, but Lysander Chow's space mafia?

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017

I was going for like a sort of "shadow sponsor" type of thing, I guess with like the Black Void, or Lysander as the face, but the main funding coming from the various companies, so that they could test their various weapons/ armor/shields/mods without worry. That's the working idea anyway.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Gladiator arena in TiTS...For some reason I just keep imagining the taimanin arena XD
Could be an arena split up in normal fights and sexual ones. (Not at the same time of course)

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017
Gladiator arena in TiTS...For some reason I just keep imagining the taimanin arena XD
Could be an arena split up in normal fights and sexual ones. (Not at the same time of course)
That's a good idea, let's keep the ball rolling.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I was going for like a sort of "shadow sponsor" type of thing, I guess with like the Black Void, or Lysander as the face, but the main funding coming from the various companies, so that they could test their various weapons/ armor/shields/mods without worry. That's the working idea anyway.
I think that was the storyline of the game Killer Instinct. The corporation brought in challengers promising whatever the winner wanted, but had an altered human and a cyborg that they'd use to test on the hapless combatants.

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017
I think that was the storyline of the game Killer Instinct. The corporation brought in challengers promising whatever the winner wanted, but had an altered human and a cyborg that they'd use to test on the hapless combatants.
I always meant to play that game, how is it?

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Hah, I played the original on the Super Nintendo, haven't touched the current one. The old one had fatalities (called No Mercies) and included one where the only female character could finish off her opponent by flashing them her boobs, yes they die from that.

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017
Hah, I played the original on the Super Nintendo, haven't touched the current one. The old one had fatalities (called No Mercies) and included one where the only female character could finish off her opponent by flashing them her boobs, yes they die from that.

I guess all the testosterone in that arena made seeing those tits too much to handle.

F

Franks

Writing has begun, Google Doc will be available for viewing within the next 3 days.

Cool beans! Be sure to consult the various resources for writers that Savin and Fen have put up if you need reference on something.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I was under the impression that the Stormguard or whatever the religious group that is supposed to be on Uveto was supposed to eventually have some sort of fights that were sorta arenaish. Been awhile since I read the doc for the plane though and I don't think it was a very up to date one.

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017
I was under the impression that the Stormguard or whatever the religious group that is supposed to be on Uveto was supposed to eventually have some sort of fights that were sorta arenaish. Been awhile since I read the doc for the plane though and I don't think it was a very up to date one.
Can multiple arenas be a thing?

Sojo

Mar 18, 2016
Can multiple arenas be a thing?
I realize I might get crap for such a late reply, but i think I might have an answer for you. The StormGuard Temple was given a Gauntlet-style fight for each of the main leaders who each knew Steele's father. This is all from the g-doc that, a third-party forum user wrote. You could still include your Arena If it was on a different planet and set up a little differently, in theory that is. I don't believe there's been any activity on that project in awhile.

Last edited:

Dantalion

Mar 8, 2017
Sorry for the sudden disappearance, full transparency, came down with a *little bit* of depression, and then started my classes, so between those two things, no progress was made in possible content. However, I will resume writing and such on Saturday.