Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
Holy shit this game looks sick. Sakurai and his team have clearly been working nearly every waking hour on perfecting everything, from making it more competitive friendly, to filling it to the brim with stages, fighters, and music. This and the new Pokémon games are some of the main reasons I bought a Switch.
It feels like Sakurai is really listening to the fans this time around with the inclusion of K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Ridley, even Dark Samus a character who’s only in 2 Metroid games, but since a lot of people wanted them, Sakurai put them in which is awesome.
The only other character that I would want on the roster is Banjo-Kazooie and even if they don’t make the cut, I’d be completely fine with it because for all I know Sakurai tried to put them in to please the fans but couldn’t make it work.
So that’s my thoughts on the game, what do you folks think? Any characters you still want? Thoughts on dlc?

Reactions: Reptillicus

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
I wanted Dark Samus and she got in, so I'm more or less happy. I'll have to see how she plays. I would also like to see The Black Knight from Fire Emblem. (Yes, I know FE has too many reps as it is, but he is the only one I wanted to be added in. I promise!)

Reactions: Reptillicus

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
I've gotta say that I personally love what they've done with it so far.

rebranding the clones as "echo-fighters" seems to be doing really well but having all the characters from smash history in the game is sooo fucking badass i love it soooo much. Although i'm a little miffed that they're switching link up so much but still young link is now classic link so i'm good. Now all I need is another earthbound character, one of the female kongs and skullkid and the game will be perfect

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Personally, I could stand to make one or two changes to the roster. Susie Haltmann should definitely be considered as a member of the Kirby cast (or, failing that, a fabulous villain like Queen Sectonia) and instead of two Castlevania whipping boys, why not swap Simon Belmont for Alucard (or a dual character consisting of Jonathan Morris and Charlotte Aulin)?

In the same vein, I have to insist on Felix, Sheba, Karst and/or Chalis from Golden Sun. I get it, Smash is primarily to celebrate popular Nintendo games, but considering what Melee did for the popularity of Fire Emblem, a few more risks and lesser-known characters can go a long way.

Gigas_Magus

Sep 19, 2018
In an old, forgotten codex.
Dalroach from Squeak Squad too, perhaps?

I did some quick research and this looks like a character I would definitely at least try out. I think this is a good suggestion. As much as I enjoyed Kirby Super Star on the SNES, the only other ones I've played were Crystal Shards on the N64 and Kirby Pinball on... one of the handhelds, I don't remember which. I'm afraid that I'm not too familiar with any of the characters outside of those three games.

Also:
I get it, Smash is primarily to celebrate popular Nintendo games, but considering what Melee did for the popularity of Fire Emblem, a few more risks and lesser-known characters can go a long way.

Another good point that I agree with. This is precisely how I became a Metroid and F-Zero fan. When I first saw Samus, I thought that she was a "Megaman rip-off". Now she is one of my all time favorite video game characters.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
The only thing I want now is tails or shadow. then this game would be perfect for me. Though, bandana dee is totally welcome to show up out of nowhere.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
The character or the franchise? Mr. L and Vivian would be quite welcome.

You make a good point. I was talking about Paper Mario himself but frfr this game will have two different Marios already (and 3 versions of link HOLLA) so Vivian would be pretty dope.

I really just want more wacky 2D chars like Game & Watch

The only thing I want now is tails or shadow. then this game would be perfect for me. Though, bandana dee is totally welcome to show up out of nowhere.

If it were up to me I'd have Silver as a cross between mewtwo and sonic if I had to pick someone from sonic. Now if we're talking about an additional sega char then I'd like to see a more obscure sega title that you dont hear about much like Clockwork Knight get a char in

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016

Sorry to necro a bit, but I just couldnt let this one go!

They brought it back, boyes! And it's looking better than ever!

Reactions: Foxxling

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Also, the marketing team for the new Grinch movie is really on point with their adverts.

c7f.jpg_large