[Submited] Brood TF

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Google doc

Brood, a super fertility drug with possible bad ends.

Scoured though the entire document, again, fixed every single mistake, typo, or otherwise less then ideal thing I could find. I am happy to say it is now finished. Please, if you see anything that could be changed or tweeked, tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Would have been nice, but likely due to the fact that Gedan has expressed being not too enamoured with coding superfetation. Then again, Geddy didn't like Bess and still did the coding, so...

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The superfetation is a bit creepy imo, but I am curious about the exact nature of the bad ends.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Engine-wise, only one type of pregnancy is possible at a time per womb/anus, however, it is possible to increase the amount of children birthed from a current pregnancy. Doing this though will need some retrofitting for the pregnancies that don't take the offspring number into account or mention only one static number.

For an example of this in action, see Ovilium and how that affects pregnancies--while under the effects of the drug, any ovilium pregnancies will increase the number of eggs if the womb is inseminated. So for any pregnancy contracted, the perk may multiply/add to the children amount to simulate the effects.

It may be impossible to run co-current pregnancies with different time spans in the same womb as the particular womb will clean out the data after the birth event runs its cleanup.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
It may be impossible to run co-current pregnancies with different time spans in the same womb as the particular womb will clean out the data after the birth event runs its cleanup.

What about the pitcher seeds? Essentially staggered birth. I get that it's still technically only one since once it starts it has to complete, but still...

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
What about the pitcher seeds? Essentially staggered birth. I get that it's still technically only one since once it starts it has to complete, but still...

True, basically, pitcher seed pregnancy will re-set its timer after every birth, then clean itself after all children have been delivered. In order to make this work, all pregnancies will still need to be retrofitted with the perk check.

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Engine-wise, only one type of pregnancy is possible at a time per womb/anus, however, it is possible to increase the amount of children birthed from a current pregnancy. Doing this though will need some retrofitting for the pregnancies that don't take the offspring number into account or mention only one static number.

For an example of this in action, see Ovilium and how that affects pregnancies--while under the effects of the drug, any ovilium pregnancies will increase the number of eggs if the womb is inseminated. So for any pregnancy contracted, the perk may multiply/add to the children amount to simulate the effects.

I was aware that holding mutiple pregnancies in one vagina could be too much codeing, I decided to include it in the off chance that someone would be willing to do it, but no harm will come from just ignoreing that whole concept. As for number of births per a pregnancy, I am aware of that function and wanted to add it... I just forgot to include it. I feel stupid :D

So my next step would be to remove any mention of that perk then add a birth number multiplier effect upon the possible effects. Yes/no?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, the pregnancy engine doesn't work that way as it is now, so if it were to change, it may need a pregnancy overhaul.

If it's not too ingrained in the item itself, sure, you can remove it or reword it to something more ambiguous--that might help, I think.

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Fixed a few small spelling mistakes, removed the entire new perk, added preg count multiplier. and polished it off with a few misc tweeks.

I belive I am done.

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Ok I submitted it quite a while ago and no one has said anything. Im honestly getting rather annoyed, I do understand lots of things are going on from other peoples submitions or bug fixes and blah blah, but its pretty frustraiting to have no idea if my item has been accepted, rejected, or even been looked at in the first place. All I want is some one to give me some information.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Ok I submitted it quite a while ago and no one has said anything. Im honestly getting rather annoyed, I do understand lots of things are going on from other peoples submitions or bug fixes and blah blah, but its pretty frustraiting to have no idea if my item has been accepted, rejected, or even been looked at in the first place. All I want is some one to give me some information.

Didn't even know this existed until now.

It's not great, but with some effort the item itself could be brought up to par. The use text is... okay.... but could really use some more flavor. Talk to use about the feeling more, the sensation of being overcome with the need to breed. Could also use some text for the effects wearing off, if they do, or a Codex information bleep telling the player it's permanent otherwise. I'd really recommend checking out some other TF items from Fen or myself for examples of what you should be aiming at in how your usage scenes play out. 

The bad-ends are completely unacceptable, though. They're barely even a paragraph apiece -- you should be looking at a full scene's worth of content each, if not more. Check out the Bad Ends in the Tether dungeon or, more in line with what you're after, something like Throbb, for what you should be shooting for.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
lol 2 weeks is nothing.