Sub-Tuner content...

Smashgirl

Oct 13, 2016
First, is it possible to remove the bar-code on my ass? Second, I can't find the new content other then the experiment scene that just repeats itself every time I do it. I also can't find the racetrack. A guide might be helpful. More interested to know if I can remove that bar-code tho.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
You can't remove it without save editing.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Why were we barcoded again? To show ownership and/or something about tracking?

Last edited:

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
@Leila Alizarin Yea, that's what in game text implies:
"The woman returns your curious mien with a smirk, “I keep very detailed files on all of my test subjects, and I need one for you, especially.”

Perk Text: "Barcoded - A sleek black barcode is printed on your ass, left there by Dr. Belle for purely scientific purposes."

Appearance Text: "There’s a barcode on your left butt cheek, forever marking you as the property of Belle and Accu-Pitch Labs."

Doesn't seem to have any functional purpose though. As far as I can tell, there are no negatives or bad-ends associated with it. @HugsAlright Kind of curious as to whether you ever had bad-ends or serious consequences in mind for accupitch.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Doesn't seem to have any functional purpose though. As far as I can tell, there are no negatives or bad-ends associated with it. @HugsAlright Kind of curious as to whether you ever had bad-ends or serious consequences in mind for accupitch.
Would probably be something akin to Jerynn and Khan's ending combined, if there will ever be one.

Reactions: Medge

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Why would there be a bad-end associated to a scientist who's writer has clearly stated to be benevolent?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
If you save edit the barcode off you can't get back into the lab and are locked out of any events, kek. All new events are in the latest backer's build.

Anyway Hugs doesn't like bad ends and won't write them, especially for Belle.

Reactions: Xanfaus and Medge

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Why would there be a bad-end associated to a scientist who's writer has clearly stated to be benevolent?

@Emerald Do you read everything on the forum? I don't. Perhaps because I haven't come across said "Clear statement". Sometimes people don't know things. The solution is to tell them.
@noobsaleh Thanks.

Bad end just means that functionally the game is over without the previous win-condition being fulfilled -becoming the CEO of SteeleTech. It does not necessarily imply cruelty or malevolence, though that type of bad-end is easier to write since the idea is that Steele is being prevented from finishing his/her goal in some way. I'm not sure its mutually exclusive with benevolence, given that Saec seems to have willingly given up freedom because she enjoys being where she is. I also don't think the question unreasonable considering that language in the content says "property of accupitch labs". In the context of this game, that usually has certain implications (Wetraxel, Nyrea, Jerynn, and on) where the word property is used concerning the PC.

That being said, I understand HugsAlright's hesitation with the issue. It would be dumb to expect someone to write something that they didn't enjoy with their character. That's a very good reason for it not to be there. I appreciate the clarification.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
@Emerald Do you read everything on the forum? I don't. Perhaps because I haven't come across said "Clear statement". Sometimes people don't know things. The solution is to tell them.
Oh idk maybe this?
but luckily Belle's a benevolent woman and wouldn't do anything to hurt the PC.
From Hugs himself from the Sub-tuner Expansion thread. Impo, A bad-end event on the PC from Belle's experiments doesn't seem like it'd fit her character. As from what I've seen and know about her she's not really doing anything one would deem malicious or anything, and seems pretty nice.

Last edited:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Oh idk maybe this?

From Hugs himself from the Sub-tuner Expansion thread. So it seems more like you didn't read everything.

Um maybe I missed something, but Medge just said he /hasn't/ read everything, why do you sound like you're countering him saying he /has/ read everything?

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Um maybe I missed something, but Medge just said he /hasn't/ read everything, why do you sound like you're countering him saying he /has/ read everything?

@Emerald This ^. I do appreciate you posting the quote, but I was saying that I haven't/don't read everything there is about a character on the forum. I didn't at any point say you were wrong. I said that I personally had not read it. I mean, I even said thanks for the clarification at the end of the post.

At least Alabaster Chimes agrees that I need to be reminded of something I already admitted to (for some reason). I do believe we've disagreed in the past, so that might explain it. Screw it, I'll like it too.

Last edited:

Dinaverg

Sep 20, 2017
On the subject of 'not-exactly-bad' ends, the New Texas, settle down with Carrie and Cora end comes to mind. A largely 'benevolent' non-standard game over is possible.

Reactions: Xanfaus

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
@Leila Alizarin Yea, that's what in game text implies:
"The woman returns your curious mien with a smirk, “I keep very detailed files on all of my test subjects, and I need one for you, especially.”

Perk Text: "Barcoded - A sleek black barcode is printed on your ass, left there by Dr. Belle for purely scientific purposes."

Appearance Text: "There’s a barcode on your left butt cheek, forever marking you as the property of Belle and Accu-Pitch Labs."

The Functional purpose is:

Without the Barcode you cannot enter the lab.

You can see that when you attempt to enter the lab and you move your ass to the scanner so that you are granted access.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
The Functional purpose is:

Without the Barcode you cannot enter the lab.

You can see that when you attempt to enter the lab and you move your ass to the scanner so that you are granted access.

Noobsaleh has pointed that out. Thanks though.

Ryuujin83

Dec 26, 2015
And yes no matter how Belle might be nice. A bad end dosen't have to be an evil decision as it was pointed out up there. I could totally see Steele eventually like Belle and their current arrangement enough that she would give you a choice to become her permanent pet. Which you could say no to it. In the end it would be your choice with full knowledge of what it would imply for both parties.

Just my own thoughts :)

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Yeah I didn't see it, I kind of skimmed over it xD

No big deal.

And yes no matter how Belle might be nice. A bad end dosen't have to be an evil decision as it was pointed out up there. I could totally see Steele eventually like Belle and their current arrangement enough that she would give you a choice to become her permanent pet. Which you could say no to it. In the end it would be your choice with full knowledge of what it would imply for both parties.

Just my own thoughts :)

Yea. Makes sense not to be there if according to the author and the commissioner the character isn't of a nature to accept something like that. Makes the character unique in its own way, and I understand it completely. The only reason this thread makes me feel like i'm taking crazy pills is being corrected on something I corrected myself on.

Vul

Oct 11, 2017
There could are multiple ways that the collar could lead to an end. As others have said a nice happy end with Belle where you want to stay her pet and somehow convince her to keep you, or bad ends that don't even have anything to really do with Belle. This is a piece of tech that could be hacked. I mean you already can run into your cousin while wearing it they could use their massive wealth an resources to make you switch masters, or sell that info to another group that has a grudge against you. Say some black-void pirates who tinker with it overloading it making you subservient to anyone in front of you.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
None of that's going to happen though. Hugs isn't planning anything else and won't work on more SubTuner content unless I commission it and the only thing left really is Saec pregnancy.

Missfit

Dec 14, 2016
Are you able to get prego from Belle, and if not is that planned? I do love the idea of knocking up Saec... Can't wait for that!

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Are you able to get prego from Belle, and if not is that planned? I do love the idea of knocking up Saec... Can't wait for that!
First off all; Nice necromancy, pal, what school did you learn it at?

Second off all; Maybe? She has implied that Saec has gotten knocked up before, and we don't know of anyone else who's plowed that slutty puppy other than Belle, so I assume that Belle was the father, which means that there is a chance we could get bred as well.

But as said earlier, nothing is going to get written or implemented if noobsaleh doesnt commission it.