Stat Training

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Hey, all! I have a few questions about stats here in TiTS and how it's best to train/increase them.

So far here's what I've heard or have experienced personally.

Physique: Go to the gym, lift weights.

Reflexes: Gym, run.

Aim: Gym, swim.

Int: Meng'ha, Talk to Syri.. somehow.

Willpower: Just use level points and take advantage of the Iron Will perk if you're Merc, no training avialable.

Libido: Easy to get up, but I have /no/ idea how to lower it.. just like I can't seem to find a good way to lower breast size.

Is all that about right? Any better ways to train these stats?

As for the ones at the gym, is it better to do all light exercises, all strong exercises, or mix it?

Currently with my Merc I do 2 strong and 1 light and that drains nearly all of my energy. Is that the best way to go?

Also is it more efficient to keep going until you can't gain energy any more then sleep all the debuffs away or to simply sleep after every set and you get the first "Sore" debuff?

Also how do you get to the point where you can actually talk to Syri?

Reactions: CloudStriker

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Gym - I usually take 2 hard training then sleep.
Willpower - Dr. Lash removal services reduces libido up to a minimum of 50.
You can't remove lower than that.
Syri - After betting yourself you may speak to her after game periods.

Reactions: eveoflife

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
If you have a bow equipped, you can talk to the leithan taxi boy on Mhen'ga, not only can he help you raise your aim to 50%, he'll give you a sick ass bow that's good for early game.

Like Shade said, talk to Syri during the mornings, the one scene where you talk about books, specifically.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Hey now that somebody started a thread about stat training I'd like to butt in and argue that slow stat gain was a mistake and should either be removed or massively expanded upon.

As it is right now people are thinking the situation is like in CoC and you're supposed to grind all stats to 100 in order to stay ahead of the curve. But that doesn't really work that well since TFs are more likely to lower your stats and training is such a massive pain I can't imagine why people will do it willingly. Yet we somehow ended up with a weird situation where it is expected to do some counter-intuitive leveling followed by months of ingame grinding, all so you can be slightly better at things that you probably don't even have the traits for in the first place.

Is this intentional? Are we supposed to grind or did some super autists just assume they had to and nobody corrected them?

If it is intentional, we could at least have a discussion about how to make it not suck so much.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Level up, but save your points after you sleep. You can now go back to training with a new max stat threshold and all of your stat points still intact for later use. I forgot how high you have to train each stat to max them all, but it saves a lot of time.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Is this intentional? Are we supposed to grind or did some super autists just assume they had to and nobody corrected them?

Training is /super/ easy for the first three stats. Get that 10k and get a lifetime membership at the gym at NT and just do the appropriate gym activity until you're out of energy, go back to your ship, sleep, repeat. Yeah, it takes in game days, but it takes just a few minutes to get to the lvl 8 cap of 40 for each of the three stats. Just keep "NEXT"ing through all the text, more or less and go to and from your ship real quick to sleep and gym.

It's not the most compelling gameplay, but it'll get you to max real quick.

And whether or not we /need/ to get to that point, some people just really like having max stats. It isn't fair or polite of you to call people that enjoy min-maxing "super autists." We all get our kicks from different things, after all.

I'm pretty sure there's a strong consensus that no one /needs/ to get their stats to max, yet on that same note there's a fair amount of interest, from what I've seen /to/ get their stats to max.

That's what I'm wondering here. There's got to be good ways to train these stats, right? Apparently the gym is more or less the best for later game and there's no really good way to level up Int yet.. because we apparently don't know how to read holobooks without someone else talking about us doing so first.

Really I'd love to see good ways to raise int and lower libido that didn't require full on removal of bits and pieces, though more than that I'd just like to see stat gain be both a little simpler and a little easier to accomplish. I kind of agree with Kaptrap on this one, such slow stat gain really is a bit of a mistake. I mean it legitimately took me four sessions at the gym doing the same workout to get from 39 to the cap of 40, for goodness sake.

If CoC can have magical potions that can increase one's physique (str, health, toughness) without negative side effects then why can't TiTS have science-magic nanosurgeons that do the same?

Yet, I digress. That isn't really the point, just me thinking out loud, ignore that. The point of this thread is simply...

What is the best way to train your stats and for those stats that are best trained at the gym which mix of workouts are the best?

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Yet, I digress. That isn't really the point, just me thinking out loud, ignore that. The point of this thread is simply...

What is the best way to train your stats and for those stats that are best trained at the gym which mix of workouts are the best?

Okay, my response may have been excessive, but I still think the current slow stat gain system is only halfway to something that is actually enjoyable to have, instead of a remnant from the previous game that was put in because we can't go cutting features.

Anyway, enough about that. The gym raises stats only if you do the intense workouts. Hard Workout for phys, Run for reflex and Swim Laps for aim. Not sure what you mean with mix, but you can only do 5 intense workouts before you get so sore you become Worn Out.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Okay, my response may have been excessive, but I still think the current slow stat gain system is only halfway to something that is actually enjoyable to have, instead of a remnant from the previous game that was put in because we can't go cutting features.

Anyway, enough about that. The gym raises stats only if you do the intense workouts. Hard Workout for phys, Run for reflex and Swim Laps for aim. Not sure what you mean with mix, but you can only do 5 intense workouts before you get so sore you become Worn Out.

Is that so? Ah, I didn't know that! I just thought that light workouts simply provided less to the "invisible progression bar" that determined how much more until the next stat-up.

Huh! But what I meant was, for example, with my Merc I have 133 max energy, right? I can do 2 heavy workouts and 1 light workout with that. I was wondering if it would be more efficient to focus all light, all heavy, or have some mix of the two to gain the most efficient workout.

Yet knowing that only heavy workouts increase stats that's completely irrelevant now. So thanks for the heads up, I do appreciate it. :)

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Helloo!
I also spent a fair amount of time doing light workouts too before I found this: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Quenton

It shows how much you get for everything you do at the gym, and there's this link also in case you go to the gym to shape your appearance since that actually also alters the description of your character slightly: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Muscle_tone - useful for gym

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Appearance - Useful for compairing the stats you see in your codex and the ones on the wiki so you have a notion of how you want your character to be. For example, I never get my Smuggler's ass to be bigger than 8 since that puts the description to describe it as large and that kills me. \(^_^)/

You probably didn't really needed this but maybe this can help with something! Have a good one! <3

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Helloo!
I also spent a fair amount of time doing light workouts too before I found this: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Quenton

It shows how much you get for everything you do at the gym, and there's this link also in case you go to the gym to shape your appearance since that actually also alters the description of your character slightly: https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Muscle_tone - useful for gym

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Appearance - Useful for compairing the stats you see in your codex and the ones on the wiki so you have a notion of how you want your character to be. For example, I never get my Smuggler's ass to be bigger than 8 since that puts the description to describe it as large and that kills me. \(^_^)/

You probably didn't really needed this but maybe this can help with something! Have a good one! <3

Helpful all the same! I went with amazonian mercenary so I'm all for dat large muscled ass.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Hey now that somebody started a thread about stat training I'd like to butt in and argue that slow stat gain was a mistake and should either be removed or massively expanded upon.
Since the new standard for any of the stat checks outside of combat seems to be using stat quotients (% of the current level max), slow stat gain mechanic actually makes a lot of sense. If you want to stay incredibly smart or agile, or strong, you need to either focus all your level-based character growth on that, or put a lot of in-game time into grinding. It was stated multiple times that you don't need any additional grinding to finish all of game's combat content.

Ways to gain stats that haven't been mentioned:
Training option in the Arbetz Travel Agency's Pool - Physique
Semith chess matches - Intelligence
And a whole bunch of TFs that do stat swaps.

Since we are talking about stats, I'd like to summon @Nonesuch and @Slab Bulkhead to ask if they think that the competition against either of their lovely buff ladies should provide some slow Physique gain? Same question for @Savin regarding shooting competition against Anno and competing in Space VR vidya against Syri.

Last edited:

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Wooooo I completely forgot to say, if you (the reader) are impatient or can fill in details of the story with your own mind (like I do) you can also use save edit to alter your stats.

I'm assuming you (the reader) did not know about this, even though it's likely you do. So please be understanding and do not take my attempt to help as an insult. :D

I use this for testing in my own games and setting my characters to the presets I most enjoy them to be, following the logic I think most makes sense for me (I hate lips that are bigger than 4 so save editing helps a lot!)

Hope this can be useful in some way!

Vargulf42

Dec 25, 2016
Didn't see it mentioned, but iirc, nice characters can get Int increases if you choose "Play it Straight" with Kiro's Wingman scene.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Since we are talking about stats, I'd like to summon @Nonesuch and @Slab Bulkhead to ask if they think that the competition against either of their lovely buff ladies should provide some slow Physique gain?

I'll probably give Ramis some on-ship Physique training once she's recruitable.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I'll probably give Ramis some on-ship Physique training once she's recruitable.
:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop::eek::eek::eek::yes:
A pretty accurate portrayal of my reaction on this.
This was some pretty random, but very welcome news for me :D
Ramis is a great character, so I´ll be looking forward to any new content with her :)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Ramis would probably be pretty sexually frustrated on my ship.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Ramis would probably be pretty sexually frustrated on my ship.

Unlikely, unless you never visit a planet with a bar on it. You will still be able to tag along with her.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
This was some pretty random, but very welcome news for me :D
Ramis is a great character, so I´ll be looking forward to any new content with her :)

My primary reason for writing her was to provide an easy-to-get gunnery officer, once staffing your ship becomes a thing!

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well given all places PC can visti atm in term of planets got some sort of bar Ramis will not feel frustrated. And not suspecting devs to make randomn/preset asteroids exploration to be so huge part of the game to make Ramis go nut due to been sober.

Anyway even before you meantioned her been posible way to train phys I knew I would recruit her anyway. Now it's one more reason.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Hey, all! I have a few questions about stats here in TiTS and how it's best to train/increase them.

So far here's what I've heard or have experienced personally.

Physique: Go to the gym, lift weights.

Reflexes: Gym, run.

Aim: Gym, swim.

Int: Meng'ha, Talk to Syri.. somehow.

Willpower: Just use level points and take advantage of the Iron Will perk if you're Merc, no training avialable.

Libido: Easy to get up, but I have /no/ idea how to lower it.. just like I can't seem to find a good way to lower breast size.

Is all that about right? Any better ways to train these stats?

As for the ones at the gym, is it better to do all light exercises, all strong exercises, or mix it?

Currently with my Merc I do 2 strong and 1 light and that drains nearly all of my energy. Is that the best way to go?

Also is it more efficient to keep going until you can't gain energy any more then sleep all the debuffs away or to simply sleep after every set and you get the first "Sore" debuff?

Also how do you get to the point where you can actually talk to Syri?
Yes yes gym, gym, gym, gym oh and more gym. Oh yeah and Syri.
There are lots of ways to reduce breasticles. Kerokeras Venom and Ruskavel both do so DRASTICALLY.
For training I have best results with training heavy twice, going to the vending machine in Ellie's place then doing it again, then resting up twice. It takes about the same amount of in game time as the other way but it goes faster in player time.
Your comments on the willpower thing is why I always build my steel with both the austere and willpower bonus during character creation.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Phys can be trained on Tarkus too but with more limited way than Gym. Or maybe it gains per day are roughly similar ones?

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Phys can be trained on Tarkus too but with more limited way than Gym. Or maybe it gains per day are roughly similar ones?
The Gabiliani "Train" option is +Phys, +Tone, -Thick, +Sore; and costs 20 energy. I don't have any numbers on this yet but from the basic information presented, I'm going to lean towards it probably being less efficient overall but much more simple if you can rest at/near the travel agency. The biggest advantage that Tarkus has in this regard is that it pushes all of the stats in the most commonly preferred directions with one choice. Maybe I'll blow some time and crunch some numbers on it. We'll see.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It does have flaw of Pool been closed at night so not like Gym that is opened whole day (but i theri would put nighttime downtime of gym it would make it less effective to train ther). And gym training cost 50 energy each so their both may been close to even up due to pro and cons each.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
It does have flaw of Pool been closed at night so not like Gym that is opened whole day (but i theri would put nighttime downtime of gym it would make it less effective to train ther). And gym training cost 50 energy each so their both may been close to even up due to pro and cons each.
Yeah but I don't know HOW much change there is at each. THAT's the real determining factor here. You can get 2.5 more attempts on Tarkus. But you also get the sore debuff after the first one (I think). Whereas on NT you can go twice before you get the sore debuff (I think). So it boils down to a handful of things that I have not tested in a scientific manner, and am simply "trying to recall".

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
But sore debuff not affecting PC current Energy left so with having default pre lvl 8 and no Irelia honey effect pool of 100 energy it's or 2 times using gym (3 as PC can go after first to recover some energy in spa) to 5 from pool since it takes only 20 energy. And if energy restore itmes had any effect it may be possibly enough for 6th. Not rmember if it possible to get energy with debuff at pool after first use, as I usualy going for lazy option of gym use.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
But sore debuff not affecting PC current Energy left so with having default pre lvl 8 and no Irelia honey effect pool of 100 energy it's or 2 times using gym (3 as PC can go after first to recover some energy in spa) to 5 from pool since it takes only 20 energy. And if energy restore itmes had any effect it may be possibly enough for 6th. Not rmember if it possible to get energy with debuff at pool after first use, as I usualy going for lazy option of gym use.
Sure sure, but the question still remains whether all of that can compensate for the fact that you have to use swimming, running, and lifting to get all three categories moved; versus, Tarkus where one action does all three. To which I doubt there will be an answer until one of us does some research. I may do so this weekend. Or I may not, dunno.