SSTD's (Cast your votes)

Just a counter as to how large the SSTD seeker population is.

• Want

Votes: 64 48.5%
  • Don't want

Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Meh...

Votes: 36 27.3%

• Total voters

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I don't acknowledge it's a bad idea.. I just said I was on the fence. You're kinda stretching it by saying EVERYONE think's it's a terrible idea. >.<

Reactions: Crablord

Moo Cow

@balitz Method Alot of the negativeness seem to stem from a small group going off assumptions who simultaneously write off a whole thread stating the contrary, that there are quite a few people interested in it on the player side of things.

Reactions: Crablord

Candycane

Dec 9, 2016
I don't acknowledge it's a bad idea.. I just said I was on the fence. You're kinda stretching it by saying EVERYONE think's it's a terrible idea. >.<

Hence the neutral vote.
Personally, no I'm not interested in SSTD's but I'm not going to vote against them just because they aren't to my taste.

From the wiki.

Sexy STD's are a thing. Quite simply, they are diseases currently unable to be suppressed by microsurgeon-enhanced immune systems that carry with them a host of mutagenic effects. They are typically benign in nature, not causing harm to their host but typically mutating them in certain ways. The femboy flu, pony pox, and futanari flu are three prime examples. SSTD's always have a warning come up during incubation with a message to alert the PC that they have caught one, though it doesn't need to give away exactly which one right away. Something like the sniffles, sneezing, a sore throat, or feeling faint would be a good example of an early symptom to aid the PC in catching it early. SSTD's have levels, and can only be cured by sufficiently advanced medical facilities.

Effects like Locofever sending the character into heat or similar are fine as far as I'm concerned as worst comes to worst you wait a day or two for it to pass and then move on. Status effects are temporary and change nothing permanently.
It's the permanent transformative's that create the dillema here but as long as the SSTD's presence is announced(*) there shouldn't be any issue. (*as outlined above in the wiki description and also taking from Jacques00's list from earlier in the thread, particularly engaging with an infected partner)
Personally I'd also advocate for an SSTD targetted Immuno-booster item similar to Sterilex that renders Steele immune for 24 hours. (the same as pregnancy hating players can carry a stack of Sterilex with them to keep themselves infertile)

@MistyBirb Your opinion does matter on this quite a bit really, as does everyone elses, as that's more-so what forum posts are for, discussion. The numbers can be largely ignored it's the discussion taking place around them thats important.
Ultimately however this is a decision to be made by the devs, I would hope they read through threads like these taking notes on issues/concerns both for and against raised by the community and how to adress them.

TL : DR - This is a post where I express MY opinion, try to make everyone happy, make generalisations about the importance of discussion and make wild assumptions about development. Thus I probably annoyed the lot of you, but I value your opinions at least!
However, just because I value your opinion does not mean I like you.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
After a thousand warnings you still post non-content white noise to derail threads.

Candycane

Dec 9, 2016
彼らは私たちの秘密の愛を知ることはできません

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
彼らは、誰も日本語が分かれない(笑)。

Candycane

Dec 9, 2016
告白の時間。私の大きな恥に対して、私は日本語を話すことができません。これは、インターネットの翻訳者を使って精巧に行われました。私の深い謝罪。

Moo Cow

Hence the neutral vote.
Personally I'd also advocate for an SSTD targetted Immuno-booster item similar to Sterilex that renders Steele immune for 24 hours. (the same as pregnancy hating players can carry a stack of Sterilex with them to keep themselves infertile)
So yeah, another simple solution to people not wanting it. Honestly you can make it even easier by having them get it each time they land on a planet and explain why being you can only have one anti-body or whatever at a time or something. That way it can last the whole visit. Think birth control should have something similar that also lasts longer too, even if it's just buffing the duration of Sterilex to like 48 hours.

Reactions: Kesil

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Part of the lack of interest is in no one, not player or developer, knowing what to do with it. Some people might be curious about it and would like to see someone else come up with something assuming that it could turn into a good idea one day but that's not really genuine interest. Even now no one's really managed to come up with a pitch or even a definition for them that sounds enticing.

It tells you something when people have come up with more ideas for avoiding them than actually doing anything remotely resembling fun or interesting or sexy with them.

Moo Cow

@balitz Method Okay, dude. We get it; you don't want them so you just keep repeating the same generalizations and assumptions while trying to discourage people from it. You're not even adding anything to the conversation anymore when you keep repeating the same thing like that. People want them, just not many of them have the know how or ability to do it themselves and those that might are preoccupied with other shit. Stop trying to make it out like it's impossible unless it's actually clearly stated by all the creators that they don't want to do them despite them being offered. Because, again, why offer something you have no interest in actually doing?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Soon this thread will go into so far away place only hardcore necromancer would be able to find it and so all this hot headed emotions will die out.

Let think about new thing to talk about (and some for getting room to solve issues they have with each other). Near 3 full pages on subject that got place at bottom of Fen pool on blog is enough I suppose.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
What do they want, exactly? That's what I'm saying. Not only is the concept vague (and plenty of problems have been pointed out with it) but no one who claims to want them really puts forth any good ideas for them. They're just assuming they could be good if only someone would try or putting forth an idea like picking up random transformations from sex - and that's where the conversation steers into how to avoid it without ever really getting at what would be desirable about that. No one's actually presented anything that a large number of people or a single one of the writers actually wants to pursue. You can say that people are interested but it's entirely based on a vague abstract rather than a solid idea anyone has and that sort of "interest" is ephemeral at best.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
What do they want, exactly? That's what I'm saying. Not only is the concept vague (and plenty of problems have been pointed out with it) but no one who claims to want them really puts forth any good ideas for them. They're just assuming they could be good if only someone would try or putting forth an idea like picking up random transformations from sex - and that's where the conversation steers into how to avoid it without ever really getting at what would be desirable about that. No one's actually presented anything that a large number of people or a single one of the writers actually wants to pursue. You can say that people are interested but it's entirely based on a vague abstract rather than a solid idea anyone has and that sort of "interest" is ephemeral at best.

1. Trapitus - how to avoid it before it does it's stuff? Pop an immuno booster - why you want it? Easy way to be a feminine male without feminine parts.
2. Elundite flu - how to avoid it before it does it's stuff? Pop an immuno booster - why you want it? Transforms you into a cthulean beast.
3. Dragitus - how to avoid it before it does it's stuff? Pop an immuno booster - why you want it? Easy way to be a masculine female without feminine parts(I imagine most would not want this, I'll avoid it like the plague).
4. A.G.E.Z(anti gravity erogenous zones) - how to avoid it before it does it's stuff? Pop an immuno booster - why you want it? floating everything sexy man!
5. Lemming syndrome - how to avoid it before it does it's stuff? Pop an immuno booster - why you want it? Transforms you eventually into a little orange goblin like creature with green hair, blue lips and pink eyes. Why? Fucked If I know. Could get it to decrease your size to the absolute minimum and then use tf's after you're the short stack you've always wanted to be(probably).

Five minutes. Just brainstorming, don't mind me. I'll just watch the chaos from my hidey hole.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
3. Dragitus - how to avoid it before it does it's stuff? Pop an immuno booster - why you want it? Easy way to be a masculine female without feminine parts
Oh God Yes Please

So what you're saying is, that SSTDs would basically be cheaper than dirt TFs, but with serious side-effects to deter people from using them (and thus sink all their ingame money into legit accurate TFs)? So only the PCs with no money or who don't want to grind to much would use them?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Oh God Yes Please

So what you're saying is, that SSTDs would basically be cheaper than dirt TFs, but with serious side-effects to deter people from using them (and thus sink all their ingame money into legit accurate TFs)? So only the PCs with no money or who don't want to grind to much would use them?

Pretty much how I imagined them to be when I heard of them. Just use the immuno booster once you've gotten what you want from the SSTD, or stay like that, I'm not one to judge... hard.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That was quite productive 5 min brainstorming. Just for some of them there should be well thought negative effect(s) to not make it as was meantioned cheaper alternative to TF's. None wirter will want to see SSTD been doing the same that TF item they wrote for some time spent and 0 credits.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
That was quite productive 5 min brainstorming. Just for some of them there should be well thought negative effect(s) to not make it as was meantioned cheaper alternative to TF's. None wirter will want to see SSTD been doing the same that TF item they wrote for some time spent and 0 credits.
If left long enough you lose the body you probably worked on and start getting some weird anti-buffs that could be anything ranging from halfing a random stat to a bad end to making your minimum lust a single point from losing.

I don't expect any of them to gain ground though, back into hidey hole.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Oh so something like...making PC body slowly revert to starting race thatw as picked on top of SSTD changes? Sounds reasonable for negative effect.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Making them work the same way as transformative items just isn't a solid idea because there's no reason for them to exist, basically. The game firmly establishes how the transformation mechanics work both in terms of mechanics and lore (it's harder to justify space diseases that multiple races can contract and just happen to completely rewrite their DNA and change their body - the PC had to get top-of-the-line nanomachines to achieve that effect) and the money you get is based on how much the items cost. Free "diseases" that offer the effect of a bunch of expensive items is more like a cheat than anything and an annoyance if you don't want them.

The most sensible idea that's been put forth is basically what the only existing one does: temporary status effects that might induce a heat/rut or sexy hallucinations or pheromone overdrives and the like. We've got some items of that sort that could be repackaged into SSTDs. That anal heat item would be a good candidate.

And if some people here are actually interested in them stuff like that wouldn't be such a huge undertaking to write.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
But then the PCs nanomachines are kind of a wild card when SSTDs are concerned? Like, they could be affecting the PC with harmless transformations or stat mods, but be fatal or totally harmless for other NPCs who don't have the same nanobots/don't have nanobots at all?

(flattered that you'd consider Omega Oil a good candidate for a sstd tho -- I didn't think of it that way, but I guess it would work? Except how would you contract it? There doesn't seem to be a NPC species specifically dedicated to anal sex/heat/rut? And I kinda liked the idea of the PC applying it themselves out of buttsluttery.... Or I guess you could create a new SSTD with the same effects but serious side effects?)

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Honestly all this negative energy people are letting out about this damn thing is just really discouraging me about being one of those rare few here that actual wants to see SSTDs ingame. Geez. :/

It's like that Faux Cow thread all over again, doesn't help to be a negative nancy about near everything you think won't work in the game...

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
wouldn't steele's nanobots prevent this? I mean they help you transform and alter your DNA but they cant stop space herpes?

they must be some strong SSTDs, that would probably kill a non planet rusher
Nooot really. From what the wiki states on them.
'Quite simply, they are diseases currently unable to be suppressed by microsurgeon-enhanced immune systems that carry with them a host of mutagenic effects. They are typically benign in nature, not causing harm to their host but typically mutating them in certain ways'

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
wouldn't steele's nanobots prevent this? I mean they help you transform and alter your DNA but they cant stop space herpes?

they must be some strong SSTDs, that would probably kill a non planet rusher
I think they say in the prologue that the nanobots will stop lethal diseases but let relatively harmless ones slip through their defenses? Like, you take meds for serious diseases but you can tolerate a cold just fine so you don't necessarily go to the doctor for the latter?

And biology is so incredibly complicated, there are exceptions to the exceptions to the general rules! You could pretty much handwave it that way too, i guess?

EDIT: is this what is known as "being ninja'ed"?

Moo Cow

Honestly all this negative energy about this damn thing is just really discouraging me about being one of those rare few here that actual wants to see SSTDs ingame. Geez. :/
That's basically balitz Method's goal, which is why he just keeps repeating the same diatribe over and over at everyone expressing interest and solutions and ideas. At this point I highly doubt he's actually thinking about what's best for the game, since he's gone beyond giving actual reasons and meaningful dialogue on the subject for quite some time and is just on a mission to not have something in the game he doesn't like for whatever reason. It's just negativity for the sake of it.

Reactions: Emerald

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
(flattered that you'd consider Omega Oil a good candidate for a sstd tho -- I didn't think of it that way, but I guess it would work? Except how would you contract it? There doesn't seem to be a NPC species specifically dedicated to anal sex/heat/rut? And I kinda liked the idea of the PC applying it themselves out of buttsluttery.... Or I guess you could create a new SSTD with the same effects but serious side effects?)

Really? Not even the Bothrioc? I'm pretty sure they always go for the butt first. They'd be the perfect candidate for an Omega Oil sstd. Even making the character want it more through their oil.

Last edited:

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
@Ryii, the flu works like that too doesn't it? Or is it the cold? It's always adapting. You can take some medicine to protect you for a while (not as short as 24 hours but still...). But here's the good thing about most diseases, the body eventually fights them off; they're not permanent.

Another SSTD idea could be something that makes you (or your nipples) extra sensitive, think like that feeling you get when you're sick and a particularly soft breeze wafts over your sensitive skin and it makes you want to be anywhere else but there, so you take increased tease damage (or health damage if it's your whole body and I'm talking like a point or two) for a few hours or until you get it out of your system (i.e. masturbate)

Or better yet, an SSTD that makes you inextricably drawn to a particular body type (the type in question will always be the type belonging to the creature you contracted it from) and so you will always have sex with that body type even if you have low lust. Keep in mind that you just got finished having sex with that particular type of creature so you can't have that many hang ups about having to read a sex scene involving that creature. And if a person adamantly didn't want to have sex with that particular body type in the first place they are more likely going to just skip over the scene or reload than complain and stop funding TiTS. What's a few more scene skips really worth compared to reloading and losing all their progress (that's assuming they even contract this particular SSTD because it's a percent chance of getting it). Unless the great balitz sensei thinks we should also get rid of loss sex scenes because people may have hang ups about losing to something that isn't their kink (and if they lose, then that scene is as unavoidable as contracting an SSTD and they will have to either live with knowing their character had sex with "something as disgusting as X" or reload).

tl;dr
This particular SSTD is as avoidable as anything else people already choose to avoid.

Reactions: ShySquare

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Really? Not even the Bothrioc? I'm pretty sure they always go for the butt first. They'd be the perfect candidate for an Omega Oil sstd. Even making the character want it more through their oil.

Yeah but they don't go into heat... do they? I mean, if it's a legit STD I guess it doesn't matter, but if it's an adaptation forced on the PC by their nanomachines that may be a bit weird?

Anyway if OO ends up repackaged as a SSTD I won't object too much (as long as the Omega Oil TF item stays) but I won't be the one to write it :/

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Now you've ruffled her feathers.