Spells?

PME

Mar 14, 2016
I wasn't sure where to look to ask but...

I've gone for a bit too long without learning a single spell. I invested way too much time getting my Intelligence and getting my Magic damage to 200%.... I just can't use it because I don't know any. I've unlocked the first page of areas and the high mountains. Help?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Wiki is helpful but trying to find where those black/white books drops from enemies is other matter. Aside as that wiki page meantion Tel'Adre Dominika or Library as source books could be gained almost as fast (ifyou have luck to drops). Sand Witch at desert got those two books as possible drop so in case you want not got to town to learn those spells can always try farm Sand Witches. And even if you find book and still not have much Int to learn spell in it you could technicaly use it anyway as it will give boost to int regadless if PC can learn spell from it or not.

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
If you have access to Tel'Adre, you can learn white magic from Arian, which spell you learn is based on your current int.  Since your int is max, you'll only learn the top white magic spell from him.

You also have a chance to learn white or black magic from the tower library in Tel'Adre if you visit it after 7pm (1900).

When you defeat a sand witch, there's a chance for a white or black magic book as a drop.  That will always teach the lowest spell that you don't already know...so a white book would teach charge weapon, or if you know that already then it'll teach blind, etc.

Oh yeah, there's also someone in the bar (forget the name) who can teach black magic, but I think she has a body type limit.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Jojo not teaching white magic per se. He alow to get access to Cleansing Palm which is listed in spells menu. Never was stated if what type of attack it's but it was in the end put in spell submenu.

PME

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you, the wiki was helpful, so I ended up farming Giant Bees for spellbooks, so i finally learned White Fire. I didn't know that I had to visit the library at a late time, since when I visited, he simply told me the library wasn't ready and I thought I just haven't triggered a flag yet to access their books. Also, learned Cleansing Palm from Jojo and noticed it to be stronger than White Fire on the appropriate enemies for the same cost. Trained with him to the point of gaining the Enlightened perk (I'm assuming there's nothing after that?) Not exactly sure what this perk does for me yet.
Guess I'll visit Tel'Adre at night for the rest of the spells. Now that my Int is at 90.... I need to work on my 25 Str.....

Thanks for the help everyone!

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You don't have to keep on visiting Tel'adre for the books. Instead, keep on fighting Sand Witches until you get a White and a Black book and toggle the option which allows items not to be consumed after being used. Take it from a magic enthusiast whose fondness for the witches and Quinn made her learn about the books later than expected... to the point that I learnt those spells via Dominika (another of my favourite characters) during my very first CoC run.

PME

Mar 14, 2016
....I..... didn't know debug mode was a thing.... a lot of early grinding for items that I could have avoided... oh well, live and learn. Now that I know it exists, I might just make a second save file and make a new character on that while progressing with this one.

PS. I'm guessing I have to play the downloaded version in order to apply an image pack? I'm just not sure on what to use to open the downloaded swf file or how to apply the image mod

Last edited by a moderator:

f4s1k1n

Aug 28, 2015
PS. I'm guessing I have to play the downloaded version in order to apply an image pack? I'm just not sure on what to use to open the downloaded swf file or how to apply the image mod

To open the .swf file, you must right click the .swf file > open with > your prefered browser / swf player,,,

To apply the image mod you can go to this thread,,,