Speeding up a pregnancy

Tili Cactus

Mar 6, 2022
Is there a way to fast track a pregnancy without going into maternity. I got a half dozen buns in the oven and just want to blow through the pregnancy without it taking a year of time in maternity just so the amount of days past doesnt kick me in the butt once the game is finished

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Small blue eggs, e.g. from Shelly or from Ovilium, will advance pregnancy by 2 hours per egg. Not a lot, but it can help.
More valuable is to take a bunch of Motherhusks, which will increase the rate at which Steele's offspring gestate. If you have Azra on board you can get all the motherhusks you want, else run around pounding Rasks on Tarkus. You will have to recover from the taint, however.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Small Blue Eggs.

It's also possible to boost Pregnancy Speed to 10.5x, but those won't speed up an existing pregnancy.
Laquine Ears: 1000% base
Synth Womb (Cybernetic Implant): +800%
Breed Hungry:+100%
Incubator (Starting Perk): +100%
Paternal Bonus: +100%
--------------------------
= 2100%
/ 2

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Also, if you enable the Easter events: getting knocked up by the Easter Jumper on Zheng Shi will complete any pending pregnancy immediately.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
More valuable is to take a bunch of Motherhusks, which will increase the rate at which Steele's offspring gestate.
To my knowledge, taking Motherhusks (or most other speed boosters) will not speed up an existing pregnancy. Also, Laquine Ears will give a higher bonus with no Taint (1000% vs 800%), but are less reliable.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
To my knowledge, taking Motherhusks (or most other speed boosters) will not speed up an existing pregnancy. Also, Laquine Ears will give a higher bonus with no Taint (1000% vs 800%), but are less reliable.
True, Motherhusks need to be used before the pregnancy, but they also don't change any other aspect of the character, unlike Laquine Ears.

Skunkupine

Jun 17, 2023
Also, if you enable the Easter events: getting knocked up by the Easter Jumper on Zheng Shi will complete any pending pregnancy immediately.
Correction - advances it by 14 days. For my Steele, that pretty much is the same as immediate, given previous Mothehusk use + Synth Womb, hence my mistake.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Laquine Ears can be save-scummed to only give the changes you want. Wait until just before a change, then move a square. And you can remove the ears via the appearance menu once there are <= 5 minutes left prevent the ears from becoming permanent.

Reactions: Gobbosquig

Azriel

Sep 11, 2016
If willing to dive into the console, this will set all pregnancies end on the next move, with an exception for the Faux-egg preg, as it soft locks the game if it hits 0.
JavaScript:
{for(let i=0;i<pc.pregnancyData.length;i+=1){if(pc.pregnancyData[i].pregnancyIncubation>=100){if(pc.pregnancyData[i].pregnancyType=="EggTrainerFauxPreg"){}else{pc.pregnancyData[i].pregnancyIncubation=100}}}}

Last edited: