Souldbinding

karmaven

May 3, 2022
Is there going to be an option to bind your soul to all seven of the gods? I really like Keros and the kitsunes' reactions to a kitsune!pc, so I was wondering if they'll be an option for the rest too? We can already become a catfolk, but maybe becoming a champion of Mallach could make you more revered or something like that? I don't know, I just like exploring all the options in the game! I'm sorry if this has already been asked!

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Is there going to be an option to bind your soul to all seven of the gods?
Nope. Lumia and Nareva are planned. Tira, Velun, Mallach, and Sorra won't happen in this game. Sorra doesn't even "do" soulbinds, and I don't think Tira does either.
I really like Keros and the kitsunes' reactions to a kitsune!pc, so I was wondering if they'll be an option for the rest too?
Salamander NPCs and Nareva will probably have a response to Champ becoming an Astrida. The frost elves and other Lumians, especially the valkyries themselves, will probably have a response to Champ being a valkyrie. There is already a little bit of stuff for both in the game; for example, I'd recommend keeping a save around to do Lightsaber Quest as an astrida and especially as a valkyrie.

karmaven

May 3, 2022
Nope. Lumia and Nareva are planned. Tira, Velun, Mallach, and Sorra won't happen in this game. Sorra doesn't even "do" soulbinds, and I don't think Tira does either.

Salamander NPCs and Nareva will probably have a response to Champ becoming an Astrida. The frost elves and other Lumians, especially the valkyries themselves, will probably have a response to Champ being a valkyrie. There is already a little bit of stuff for both in the game; for example, I'd recommend keeping a save around to do Lightsaber Quest as an astrida and especially as a valkyrie.
Oh okay! Thank you for answering!

Reactions: Alypia

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021

SO what your saying is a chunk of the dawnsword is currently inaccessible and primarily probably written by you?

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
SO what your saying is a chunk of the dawnsword is currently inaccessible and primarily probably written by you?
I futureproof a lot of things. Serena has a few little special acknowledgments for Astrida and valkyries, too. And there are all kinds of sleep-withs with Etheryn you can't see; there's a reason I haven't posted that document in my thread. ;)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
And there are all kinds of sleep-withs with Etheryn you can't see
One of which may involve the etheryn.pregstage parser, feeling for kicks, talking about the future and which of the two is going to spoil the child more? :D

Or is that too future-proofing at this point?

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Valkyrie is definitely planned to be lady exclusive, though that can be any genital configuration. Astrida is up in the air.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah Valkyrie is definitely going to be heavily female, astrada is probably going to be the coin flip since fox is kinda heavily male focused.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
To be specific, Valkyrie is stated to give you all the Femininity and breasts, so your Champ is going to end up classed as Female/Shemale/Hermaphrodite depending on genitals regardless of whatever they were before. Per Tobs and Aly on Discord, this will include pronoun locking similar to how Bimbo locks your Champ into female pronouns, which makes sense.

Astrida/Gothmanders are up in the air right now. Regular members of the Order are all created by Nareva and are hermaphrodites but the most recent things said by the devs on the matter are that Savin seems to be leaning away from making that a requirement for the Champ.

Last edited:

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Part of me hopes there is gonna be mentions by the various gods that will soulbind you given the chance if you are already soulbound. Can just imagine Nareva and Lumia griping about Keros getting to you first and Keros just being all smug and gloaty about it. Haha.

Reactions: luciel1331

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
Darn, no soulbinding to Mallach dashes my dreams of binding myself as a catgirl and becoming catgirl².

More seriously I am excited for Valkyries. Got a character specifically planned for that and everything.

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
Really looking forward to the Astrida transformation. Love the idea of moody magic eating goth dragon people. Still wondering how it will work though. Aren’t they supposed to be born that way and not made into an Astrida?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Aren’t they supposed to be born that way and not made into an Astrida?
Yes, but this is also true for the floofs (to say nothing of their own special metaphysics) so I presume Nareva is able to make it work using the same/similar means as Keros.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Though like how with becoming a floof your going to be missing the key aspect of them, like the hunger for floof your probably not gonna be able to eat the magic like normal gothmanders.

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
Damn. And Mallach is so hot too. :confused:

Wonder tough if it will be possible to corrupt them.... Like you could with Mara in the first CoC game. That would be fun... But at the same time I also equally do like the idea that they are just too powerful to be afflicted all that much, if at all.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Well for one, using anything from the first game isn't really worth going off of, and 2 no, your not going to be able to, this isn't that type of fantasy.

Reactions: FenrirsBlade

FenrirsBlade

Oct 30, 2020
Well for one, using anything from the first game isn't really worth going off of, and 2 no, your not going to be able to, this isn't that type of fantasy.
Yeah. Thought as much. Still hoping there will be more Mallach content somewhere down the line. :)

GOI

Nov 16, 2016
gothmanders are also made to quote savin

also if you mean corrupting a god well there is an issue with lore wise anyway due to the whole revel from convection of mirrors
you know the whole they are soulless wraiths way same reason if you soulbind you can't be corrupted or why kitsunes and such can't be demonfied because by some measure they are fully corrupted already

GOI

Nov 16, 2016
yeah that the case though if you count corrupted as losing your soul which is the final step of becoming a demon then kitsune are so but yeah by logic their not save with everything else not a demon

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
gothmanders are also made to quote savin

also if you mean corrupting a god well there is an issue with lore wise anyway due to the whole revel from convection of mirrors
you know the whole they are soulless wraiths way same reason if you soulbind you can't be corrupted or why kitsunes and such can't be demonfied because by some measure they are fully corrupted already
That's not necessarily true as being soulless doesn't make you immune to corruption it only makes it so you can't become a demon. I suspect any other soulless creature could still be corrupted although not turned into demons.

if the seven imposters came into being by devouring the pure souls of those who believed in and worshipped the seven gods and gaining all of the characteristics of those people, I hypothesize that if one were to somehow force feed them a bunch of lethicite, twisted souls that exude corruption, or perhaps a chunk of lethicite big enough you could turn them into a corrupted version of themselves. Not saying the game would ever let you do this just speaking hypothetically.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
If you want to spoil yourself simply go into the folder with all the busts, and look at the faceless blade. No clue what any of it is but there is some interesting fuckery I want to see. But yeah kitsune are already technically demons but have the communal soul to give them emotions.

GOI

Nov 16, 2016
I would say absolutely noting since keros says that the communal soul does not effect their nature either in the benefits or demerits and even straight up states they don't have empathy and losing your sense of empathy is the effect of corruption

where the kitsune statement of their are dead inside comes from

also when he removes your soul it is in crystal form very similar to when we directly see a demon made main difference is colour but not sure if different lethicite have difference colors

I think the faceless is public somewhat anyway even if whatever the feral thing is and then there is the whole yasha thing which extends their lifespan massively but is looked down on and was part of a punishment and has an effect on decedent's as well

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
I would say absolutely noting since keros says that the communal soul does not effect their nature either in the benefits or demerits and even straight up states they don't have empathy and losing your sense of empathy is the effect of corruption
come on dude, that's wrong and you know it. Keros says that when a Kitsune is cut off from the Commmunal soul via a lack of chi garnered from benefactors their "true nature"(as soul sapping monsters) is brought to the fore and leads them to drain someone to death. That's why I whole heartedly agree that kitsunes are demons. But to say that they don't have empathy is a laughable assertion given the myriad of interactions with kitsune npcs. not the least of which is your own family. all kitsune draw on the communal soul for their empathy and sense of self and suppress their "true nature" to protect themselves and the people around them. If the source of their sense of self is corrupted then obviously something will happen to them.