Something I'm working on

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
So, I'm planning on writing a few characters from a new species and I've been working on the species codex first. Take a look at the codex:

Codex Here

Be warned that this was made in a hurry and it's probably full of errors and weird sentences.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
they're similar to what I had in mind for a race I'm to busy and lazy to write. Interesting, do they constantly refer to themselves in the third person?

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
they're similar to what I had in mind for a race I'm to busy and lazy to write. Interesting, do they constantly refer to themselves in the third person?

Well, it's a single individual, so it refers to itself in the first person. It's not like the Borg or the Zergs where there is some kind of hivemind composed of several individuals. In this case it's a single mind, one being with a single identity and a single voice. The closest equivalent would be a supercomputer, which each body being a processor, a peripheral or a hard drive. Or better yet, the consciousness is you and its bodies are your cells.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Well, it's a single individual, so it refers to itself in the first person. It's not like the Borg or the Zergs where there is some kind of hivemind composed of several individuals. In this case it's a single mind, one being with a single identity and a single voice. The closest equivalent would be a supercomputer, which each body being a processor, a peripheral or a hard drive. Or better yet, the consciousness is you and its bodies are your cells.
Well regardless they are interesting. My idea was something akin to mixing Asari and the Naadi and then add a bit of fur. Pretty much a monogender race with a ancestral god made up of their memories who have a pension for gladiator style duels.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
They also solely reside in space due to their home system and the neighboring stars going supernova.