Soldier's life (Completed)

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
Hey everyone!

Soldier’s life is now complete! All events, battles and functionality had been added. You now have 3 endings for the ice queen’s fall complete with their own art. Speaking of art, some scenes will remain CG-less since my lovely wife couldn’t keep up with me and is now working on the art for my next game. It sucks but that’s life.

The plot:

You play as Payton, a captain in one of the armies tasked with destroying the ever growing hordes of monsters. You serve under Colonel Vanora, a powerful fighter and cunning strategist but known far and wide as an ice queen that sees her soldiers as numbers, not humans. With a quirk of fate, you find yourself promoted over her and now have the power to make her pay for everything she's done. Sexually, of course.

Game contains: M/F, Monster/F, Humiliation, Degradation, Anal, Mind break, Bondage, Exhibition.

Here’s some screenshots for your viewing pleasure:
V6JezD.png

8OvjM.png

OgfYeMIm1.png

VkaQP.png

f6vp01PKn.png

MX7VD6YI.png

Wt7x0h3.png

Here's what changed since the last update:
- 8 new scenes.

- 6 new CGs.

- 3 endings.

- gallery.

- end splash screen.

- tweaked a lot of numbers in the backend.

- give more troops for first 3 sorties.

- stop reputation losses for first 3 sorties.

- added a button in the System menu to go back to the main menu screen.

You can download it here:
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Pyorgara/416809/Soldiers-Life-V1.02-complete

If you enjoyed it and want to support me:
http://patreon.com/Pyorgara

Last edited:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Glad to see you're making another game. And that you've distinguished your art style a little more from Akabur's. Just looking at it, it's a lot clearer this time that this is a game you made and not just an alternate version of Princess Trainer.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
So I played it its definitely a step forward from "corrupting the priestess", but trying to get money to train is annoying. Like seriously, after a while I literally just put everyone in my infantry and only searched the first area, because everything beyond that just destroyed every any combo I used. Not to mention when my rep fell to 4, I couldn't get it back up.

The one thing I would like to see because the way the game is written so far it felt like it could have done this at any point up until I got Vanora (who I love by the way) to 3-0 self-worth. I kinda of would like to see a split based on how you trained her (if you did more solo or more shared). As the training begin I kind of felt like the MC wasn't necessarily going to break her but based on how some of their interactions went, I actually saw a bit of a love/hate relationship forming between the two with how they interacted at some level. I was hoping there was a rut that eventually made them a couple. I loved how she would still dominate others that weren't the mc.

Anyways nice work.

Gundam

Aug 4, 2016
Needs a couple tutorial battles, I had no idea how to fight at the start and maybe earn War/Fight experience for the characters after each battle not just money.

Edit: Playing right now, definitely needs a last action recall option because it's partly annoying to keep using archers to pin down the harpies each and every turn.

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
Glad to see you're making another game. And that you've distinguished your art style a little more from Akabur's. Just looking at it, it's a lot clearer this time that this is a game you made and not just an alternate version of Princess Trainer.

It's always better to forge your own style. :p

So I played it its definitely a step forward from "corrupting the priestess", but trying to get money to train is annoying. Like seriously, after a while I literally just put everyone in my infantry and only searched the first area, because everything beyond that just destroyed every any combo I used. Not to mention when my rep fell to 4, I couldn't get it back up.

The one thing I would like to see because the way the game is written so far it felt like it could have done this at any point up until I got Vanora (who I love by the way) to 3-0 self-worth. I kinda of would like to see a split based on how you trained her (if you did more solo or more shared). As the training begin I kind of felt like the MC wasn't necessarily going to break her but based on how some of their interactions went, I actually saw a bit of a love/hate relationship forming between the two with how they interacted at some level. I was hoping there was a rut that eventually made them a couple. I loved how she would still dominate others that weren't the mc.

Anyways nice work.

Glad you're enjoying Vanora! There's 3 endings planned right now so there will be a difference based on your actions when the game is done.

Needs a couple tutorial battles, I had no idea how to fight at the start and maybe earn War/Fight experience for the characters after each battle not just money.

Edit: Playing right now, definitely needs a last action recall option because it's partly annoying to keep using archers to pin down the harpies each and every turn.

Those are all stuff that will be in the game later on. ;) I am doing the broad strokes right now and will add the polish at the end.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
Glad you're enjoying Vanora! There's 3 endings planned right now so there will be a difference based on your actions when the game is done..

I have literally never said this about any of these "trainer games" I do hope one of them is a romance route. I'd love to see how her character has to deal with the idea of falling in love!

Nuan

May 8, 2016
Really enjoyed playing the game. Especially the interactions with Vanora and her finding ways to resist.
The whole part outside the city tends to get a bit tedious though - too much grinding reputation (and money, though I usualy got a lot even with spending most of it for rep). At some point I just stopped once i hit max reputation, and just did a couple of fights to get actions, reset anger and get a bit of money, usually spending 1 rep on upgrade tokens beforehand and getting that 1 rep back. More events, especially involving Venora might help there - since the whole goal is to 'train' her. Escpecially visiting the third region didn't feel very rewarding - even with max upgrades, you can still get crushed, so getting money and reputation was faster in the second region.

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
I have literally never said this about any of these "trainer games" I do hope one of them is a romance route. I'd love to see how her character has to deal with the idea of falling in love!

Lol. I'll not say anything for spoiler reasons but I'm glad you like Vanora enough to want to see her various reactions.

Really enjoyed playing the game. Especially the interactions with Vanora and her finding ways to resist.
The whole part outside the city tends to get a bit tedious though - too much grinding reputation (and money, though I usualy got a lot even with spending most of it for rep). At some point I just stopped once i hit max reputation, and just did a couple of fights to get actions, reset anger and get a bit of money, usually spending 1 rep on upgrade tokens beforehand and getting that 1 rep back. More events, especially involving Venora might help there - since the whole goal is to 'train' her. Escpecially visiting the third region didn't feel very rewarding - even with max upgrades, you can still get crushed, so getting money and reputation was faster in the second region.

I do get the "too grindy" argument pretty often. I am still writing more scenes for the sorties. There will actually be a bunch of new ones it next month's patreon build. At the end of the development process, there will be tons of things going on out there to make it more fun for you guys.

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
Lol. I'll not say anything for spoiler reasons but I'm glad you like Vanora enough to want to see her various reactions.

I do get the "too grindy" argument pretty often. I am still writing more scenes for the sorties. There will actually be a bunch of new ones it next month's patreon build. At the end of the development process, there will be tons of things going on out there to make it more fun for you guys.
My problem isn't the grind per say, its the fact that with each level i game in the stats, the train gives out less and less. Like I got my fighting to 7 (it was the first stat i even focused on) and I don't even want to try and raise it any higher. I got war and persuasion to 5 and do how little I'm getting out in return, I am sitting here with 25,000 in funds and dreading trying to train my stats any further.

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
My problem isn't the grind per say, its the fact that with each level i game in the stats, the train gives out less and less. Like I got my fighting to 7 (it was the first stat i even focused on) and I don't even want to try and raise it any higher. I got war and persuasion to 5 and do how little I'm getting out in return, I am sitting here with 25,000 in funds and dreading trying to train my stats any further.

Ah yes. That is also in my notes for later. There will be options to pay more than 1000 to get higher levels of training.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Trying out this, I was unable to get it to open at all, I am on mac
Don't know what to tell you - I have been running this since the early versions on a Macbook (OS X El Capitan) with no issues. Just downloaded the Mac version from the Mega link and clicked the .app...

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I am using chrome to download it, it just tells me "this application cannot be opened"
Actually, Unity is browser independent. What OS are you running? It may be a compatibility issue with an older rev of OS X...

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I am running OS X Sierra
OK - the opposite. Not an older version. It works for me on 10.11 El Capitan, but not sure what your issue would be (Unity seems to work well with all the latest OS X versions as far as I can find on websites). Have you tried re-downloading the app? I had no issues, but maybe something is corrupting on your DL...

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
I would love to help you more but I don't know all that much about macs. It really seems random if it's going to work or not.

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
Hey everyone!

A new public build of Soldier's life is out for your playing pleasure! The link is in the OP along with what changed since the last release. Lots of new contents and art!

Dragon

Mar 7, 2016
I can't wait to give it a try.

Pedantic

Oct 21, 2015
How do you turn off controller input in unity? I'm using the joy2key program but it causes the buttons to get pressed twice every time i press/release buttons

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
How do you turn off controller input in unity? I'm using the joy2key program but it causes the buttons to get pressed twice every time i press/release buttons

Err... I'm not quite sure. You could try googling it.

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
Hey everyone!

A new public build of Soldier's life is out for your playing pleasure! The link is in the OP along with what changed since the last release. Lots of new contents and art!

Also, I’m not sure if this is ok to put here since it could be considered patreon advertisement (Mods, just tell me and I’ll remove it pronto) but around mid-month, my 5$ and more patrons will get to vote on what game I’ll work on next. I’ll have four choices with description of playstyle and the kind of content within.

LB12

Jul 11, 2017
Really good game, just a really hard for me. I just can´t crack it, no matter what I do. I keep making wrong decisions.

pyorgara

Jan 13, 2016
Exactly what Ethereal Dragon said. I am trying to reduce her self worth and reputation but I the only think that I am reducing is my reputation because keep choosing wrong actions in town and on battlefield.

Ah ok. Well that just comes down to experience. You can always just restart if you paint yourself in a corner. A few rules of thumbs are: Menial tasks are spammable even when she's angry so use that to help, the higher her lust, the more she's going to fuck up her rolls because she's distracted, and running away from battle is a viable option since a rout removes so much more reputation.

owiercyn

Jan 19, 2016
Pyorgara,

I think from a game design perspective, there's an extremely sharp curve RNG wise for a beginner. No matter what choices they pick, a starting character has a low chance to win fights, low chance to persuade, and certain enemies in the starting zone will crush the main army in a single blow unless they devote 4 troops to infantry immediately. Beginners will likely get knocked down to 4 rep immediately, and stay there. Their persuasion also isn't high enough to avoid difficult frenemy colonel challenges, the crystal obelisk deletes skill as often as grants it. There's just a lot of things working against a new player until they get their fight skill up to 4, where they can reliably win challenge battle to raise their rep and have enough troops to steamroll zone 1. After that, the game seems pretty easy mode and grindy.

Just my 2 cents.