So Synthsheath Sheska...

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Since this is apparently a thing that is going to happen according to the blog, are we gonna be able to get more than two copies of the synthsheath? Cus I tend to stick them on Penny and Del and also like them as an easy and drawbackless way to hermdom on a good portion of my characters and the current available stock seems a bit lacking if Sheska is gonna get in on this. Or have I missed some means of getting more than two of the bloody things and the wiki is out of date on the item?

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
There is a 1/100 possibility of finding one when exploring Tarkus wastes.

Last edited:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm aware of that much, but I was under the impression (and agreed with by the wiki) that you can only find a second one by that method. And I've yet to get a third sheath from my experience.

moobere

May 19, 2017
I'm aware of that much, but I was under the impression (and agreed with by the wiki) that you can only find a second one by that method. And I've yet to get a third sheath from my experience.
i think you can find multiple while exploring the planet there just rare

Spide

Jun 30, 2017
I vaguely remember reading that you can continue to find sheaths at a 1/100 chance as long as you don't already have one in your inventory, but I haven't checked that for myself.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
First off, Shekka' :p. Also, I'm not sure if it's the same item, but isn't that an odd item encounter that your character 'doesn't' attempt to automatically pick up when you come across it? I could swear I accidentally passed by the synthsheath when it spawned on a tile, when I went back for it, it was gone. Facedesking ensues.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I've accidentally passed it on several occasions while on Tarkus, always realize only after I've already moved on to the next tile. Damn thing should be available for sale too already, hell even if I had to wait till I unlocked Uveto and it cost 20K would be fine, as long as I can get from someplace consistently.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well I did a bit of testing and several levels of grinding on Tarkus did not get any more than two, which i used on Del and Penny.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Can confirm, only ever two SynthSheathes ever. No amount of grinding will ever get you a third or more, the code just doesn't support it. All y'all who heard otherwise need to fix that in your brain case. This is, like, the fifth time or more this has come up across both forums and chat rooms and it's been said multiple times that there's only the two.

Also, find whoever told you you can find more than two and smack them upside the head for feeding you misinformation

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Can confirm, only ever two SynthSheathes ever. No amount of grinding will ever get you a third or more, the code just doesn't support it. All y'all who heard otherwise need to fix that in your brain case. This is, like, the fifth time or more this has come up across both forums and chat rooms and it's been said multiple times that there's only the two.

Also, find whoever told you you can find more than two and smack them upside the head for feeding you misinformation
I literally just went and found a third one, in the newest pub patch. “The code just doesn’t support it” my ass.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I've encountered them easily before. Like said it's a 1/100 chance, plus lovely RNG jesus and the risk of passing over it too fast accidentally, especially if you hold down the directional buttons to go faster, you risk flying over it.
It's like those people that can't seem to get SSTDs easily because of the same 1/100 chance + RNG. Y'all just unlucky as hell.

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
if(CodexManager.entryUnlocked("SynthSheath") && rand(90) == 0 && flags["SYNTHSHEATH_TWO_FOUND"] == undefined)

From what I understand of the code this says if you've not found a second sheath then you can find it, otherwise you don't get the encounter at all anymore.

I've also spent literal months on Tarkus grinding loot and creds, I have never found in all that time - such a time that not even RNG could fuck me over - a third one.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The better question is why/was is it limited to only two? I mean back in the early days it only affected the PC and Penny, but since then we've added Del and soon Shekka too can get it, what exactly was the idea going through whoever coded its head to limit it?

What does limiting it add to the game other than annoying players for no real reason?

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
The better question is why/was is it limited to only two? I mean back in the early days it only affected the PC and Penny, but since then we've added Del and soon Shekka too can get it, what exactly was the idea going through whoever coded its head to limit it?

What does limiting it add to the game other than annoying players for no real reason?
We wanted to cut back on the number of horse weiners. This is after all, a game about doggy dongs now. :p

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
There is a 1/100 possibility of finding one when exploring Tavros wastes.

Tavros? The space station has a waste land now that isn't a commercial? Kidding.

I sold my second Synthsheath and wandered around Tarkus for a while (read: five hours). I didn't find a third. I have better luck with Strange Eggs on Myrellion. @Lancer if you have found multiple Synthsheaths, it should show up in the Stats>Others in the Codex.