Skill trees/Perks

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I was actually referring to FFTa's Red Mage of all things. Observer is right though, in most games featuring the class and Doublecast, the goal is to obtain the skill and take it to a class that can better make use of it. Red mage in these cases are just one step on the path to power, and rarely (never) the final goal. Also that Viera sounds scary good.

Never played FFXII, but is that the one where you need to learn how to wear a hat?

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
I was actually referring to FFTa's Red Mage of all things. Observer is right though, in most games featuring the class and Doublecast, the goal is to obtain the skill and take it to a class that can better make use of it. Red mage in these cases are just one step on the path to power, and rarely (never) the final goal. Also that Viera sounds scary good.

Never played FFXII, but is that the one where you need to learn how to wear a hat?

Sorta I spose, you unlock Licenses to wear armour items.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The solution seems obvious: make duelcast a intrinsic property of the red mage class!

oh, wait, wrong game

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You didn't even use doublecast on red mage. Blood price summoner doublecast Viera were THE thing.
Concentration Assassins were better, though. "Hey, we balanced our game around a bunch of broken abilities having 20-30% accuracy. Let's give the first class in the game a skill that adds a flat 50% to your hitrate. What could go wrong?".

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
It's times like these, where I am lost amongst a sea of references, that I begin to question my nerd-dom.

Then again, in my defense, I wasn't around for most of this stuff, and for the stuff I was around for, I was waaaay too stupid to understand it. And by that, I mean slightly more stupid than I am now.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Concentration Assassins were better, though. "Hey, we balanced our game around a bunch of broken abilities having 20-30% accuracy. Let's give the first class in the game a skill that adds a flat 50% to your hitrate. What could go wrong?".

Yeah, but that was nerfed to 5% in the sequel. Doublecast blood price summoners became the new thing.

Because clearly having an ability that let you cast from health is so great to give to a unit that can get powerful self-heals.

Last edited: