Silence to TiTS

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Pretty simple question: Does plans for way we walkthrou Silence affect Kara in TiTS?

As Kara Myrelion dungeon is pretty much rdy to be coded (I think) made me remember about those plans before hence I asking now ^^

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
If you're asking: will your choices in Silence affect KaraQuest? Yes. Kara's personality, crew, and their equipment upgrades will be set by Silence. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yup that exactly what I was asking about. Now the more reasons for me to wait for KaraQuest implemented ^^ (Someone got time machine to jump forward enough? Khe Khe)

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
I just hope the Silence gets reuploaded, so people have a chance to play through it again before KaraQuest 2.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Depends if you mean 0.06.05 version or eventual some newer one (that assuming things I seen about probably soon to come revamp/revise of Silence will come true). But yeah I think before we get build with KaraQuest their will provide us with link to Silence (some of ideas there are really good ones but their chances to end up in main game are quite low).

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
what about those that don't play thru  the silence? what are the default npc settings as far as  personality etc..

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
what about those that don't play thru  the silence? what are the default npc settings as far as  personality etc..

i think she either gets the basic personality or you get a different way to choose.

the basic personality being shes not going out of her way to befriend people, but shes not going to outright kill someone

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I'm hoping it'll be like Witcher 3 where you'll also get the option to immersively choose your decisions.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Has it been answered yet if The Silence has been reposted or available anywhere?

Nekas

Aug 31, 2015
Btw can you replay Silence still since i didnt see it. For file transfer i do sugest exporting files then importing them to tits.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
To be fair, the topic is now relevant again.

It is, I'd rather not miss out on extra stuff for Kara, and I haven't seen anything else about the Silence mentioned on other newer threads.

Stuffwar

Feb 11, 2016
I couldn't find a playable version so I made my own since I want to try the game just as much as anyone else. The original source is still hosted at:

https://github.com/OXOIndustries/the-silence

Download as a ZIP and then extract the folder to somewhere

If use you use a program called FlashDevelop you can compile the source on your desktop and play it.

http://www.flashdevelop.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7943

Open Flash Develop and click open. Then browse to the inside of the silence folder and open the .proj folder. After you do that right click on The Silence (AS3) on the right side and click build project. After it finished building go back into your The Silence folder > bin > open silence.swf to play. Of course, there's probably a reason  a playable version is not uploaded anymore like being incomplete so I hope I don't get in trouble for the post.

Salaeren

Nov 1, 2015
I have literally no idea what The Silence is, but I don't want to miss out on TiTS-related content while it's out! I'm glad I heard of it, and I'd like to play it, but is it really unavailable? In addition, what is "KaraQuest?" Is that unavailable too?

K

Krynh

I have literally no idea what The Silence is, but I don't want to miss out on TiTS-related content while it's out! I'm glad I heard of it, and I'd like to play it, but is it really unavailable? In addition, what is "KaraQuest?" Is that unavailable too?

KaraQuest is in TiTS. On Myrellion 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
No it's not been shelved. It's like another story happening in TiTSverse with different than TiTS PC that got some connections to main game. And it's finished (it was suppose to be a short adventure). Maybe in future we would get some more of such short games that would flesh out more background of the main game.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
It was a small standalone story mostly so that Savin had something he could put on his resume. Will it be tidied up and given sex scenes, which I believe it still lacks? Probably not.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There's a lot of revised text and events already written for it, based on player feedback.

Just releasing it is somewhere on the priority totem behind a mission other things, is all.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
There's a lot of revised text and events already written for it, based on player feedback.

Just releasing it is somewhere on the priority totem behind a mission other things, is all.

P much, theres a thousand other things that are higher priority than sorting it out right now.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Lets not forget this game also showcased what Space Combat might look like in the future for TiTS.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Lets not forget this game also showcased what Space Combat might look like in the future for TiTS.

And apparently is supposed to impact Kara's personality in TiTs, and from what Savin mentioned upthread, a personal sexbot too. It's this thing that keeps me from finishing KaraQuest1 so I don't miss out. (I've played Karaquest2 and the Ice Queen stuff, to try them out, but I backtrack my saves to before that)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Given how fast we can now restart main game story to get to KaraQuest or time we would spend on evne after changed Silence (not belive this feedback made Silent longer game :p ) it's little reasons to hold back with playing. Maybe jsut some specific custom mutations combo for PC that was attained with hours of savescumming... other than this I not see reason to wait -_-' But well each of us can do as their wish ;)

Jul 18, 2016
Alright well...where can I actually play the game currently? I figured it would be hosted around here somewhere but I can't find it?