Sidewinder... Casstech replacement?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I could see that happening and after that. Your crew has to stop you from attempting it again. Also are there any artist depictions of the casstech?

https://forum.fenoxo.com/attachments/casstech-z14k-jpg.1600/

This is apparantly how the Casstech is supposed to look like. I found it in another, older forum thread, where RevekXLR claims it's from Patreon from the time when the game was being crowdfunded

Honestly, it looks pretty awesome IMO

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
https://forum.fenoxo.com/attachments/casstech-z14k-jpg.1600/

This is apparantly how the Casstech is supposed to look like. I found it in another, older forum thread, where RevekXLR claims it's from Patreon from the time when the game was being crowdfunded

Honestly, it looks pretty awesome IMO

Waoh, That looks cooler than I thought it would!

I always thought the Casstech looked more like a mix of the sturville or hellion from RG, maybe the vulture from Elite.

!800px-Ship_datasheet_sturville.jpg !800px-Ship_datasheet_hellion.jpg !best-ed-ship-vulture-01.jpg

Reactions: runingman69

Khaaveren

Dec 29, 2017
Ninth Hell of the Abyss, BC, Canada
I like the idea of having a capital ship in game. But I don't have any delusions of grandeur, so a 'smaller' ship would do fine. Two Star Wars ships come to mind for me, as examples: the Marauder Corvette is a smaller ship that I think could still fit in the docking bay of Tavros. It's 195m long (639.7ft), approximately 131m (429.8ft) wide and about 22m (72.1ft) in height. It's maximum crew compliment is 129 people, 48 of which are gunners. Minimum crew is 52. It can carry 80 passengers/troops, with 12 starfighters for combat. It also has 2 landing barges and 4 shuttles. Cargo capacity is 300 tonnes (339.69 tons or 661,387 pounds).
Marauder.jpg

I also like the Carrack-class light cruiser. This one is significantly bigger, at 350m long (1148.29ft), 72m wide (236.2ft) and 75m tall (246ft). Minimum and maximum crew requirements are 500/1092, with 85 gunners. It can carry 142 passengers/troops, but only has space for up to 5 TIE fighters on external racks, as there is no shuttle bay. The Carrack's cargo capacity is 3,500 tonnes (3858.1 tons). Moreover, it had a sublight speed equal to that of an X-wing, and the ship's controls were also simple and automated enough so that two people could operate the vessel.
Carrack_egvv.jpg

Last edited:

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
If I was to own a capital ship, l would go with the Venator hands down. I believe a carrier would do rather well as a mobile base you could store your old ships on if they were small enough of course. But for a frigate would chose the Normandy sr2 from mass effect this ship is so beautiful.

Attachments

• venator 2.jpg
    venator 2.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 31

Aimless Rogue

Nov 11, 2016
somewhere around here
Since we're on the subject of capital ships, I might as throw in some of my favorites.

!jean-olivier-ferrer-ferrer-jo-es2-primemed2-1.jpg The craver prime battle ship is way to big to be in the game, especially for the player, but it definitely looks like it could be from a pirate gang

!jean-olivier-ferrer-ferrer-jo-es2-primelarge-1.jpg This is even bigger than the battle ship, but it could work as a pirate ship.

!jean-olivier-ferrer-ferrer-jo-es2-timelordlarg-1.jpg This is probably one of my favorite ship designs, It's way to big to even be in game, and it couldn't be a player ship due to what it actually is... But it's still cool.

Drash

Mar 22, 2017
Took me awhile to find it. Always figured the Sidewinder looked like this for some reason.

mandryk_09.jpg

4rm4ld0

Dec 2, 2019
Took me awhile to find it. Always figured the Sidewinder looked like this for some reason.

mandryk_09.jpg

Well, that kinda look like a very robust war ship, doesn't it?
My thoughts were among these lines too, maybe it is because Teyal and Olympia were painstaking refining the ship that I got a similar picture of yours, also the name suggest the ship will be snake-like in some way and that one you linked sort of look like it has a snake head