Sidewinder... Casstech replacement?

Braidborn

May 19, 2017
While i understand that getting different ships are in the works, I'm curious if the Sidewinder will be one of the options, i do realize that getting an answer could be spoilery, but if the answer is a definite no, then thats not really all that spoilery, at least to my thinking,

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yes.
No.
Maybe.
Unlikely.
Perhaps.
Definitely.
Possibly.

You'll just have to wait and see.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Yes, the Sidewinder is the first additional ship we'll be adding.

"first additional"

hold on, are we getting ourselves a fleet? 'cause that would be awesome

Also, Steele is a WH40k Rogue Trader, C O N F I R M E D

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
"first additional"

hold on, are we getting ourselves a fleet? 'cause that would be awesome

Also, Steele is a WH40k Rogue Trader, C O N F I R M E D
For the EMPEROR! On a side note sweet more ships I can dream of owning a star destroyer or a non trademark version. (I know we won't get to own a ship that size. Also I'm not sure how ship combat works yet so star wars ship combat might not even work in this universe.)

Last edited:

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
For the EMPEROR! On a side note sweet more ships I can dream of owning a star destroyer or a non trademark version. (I know we won't get to own a ship that size. Also I'm not sure how ship combat works yet so star wars ship combat might not even work in this universe.)

I'm like 80% sure that capital ships *are* infact planned... eventually. So a "totally-not-a-star-destroyer" might very well become a thing one day

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Capital ships are 100% planned. There's even a scene for them during the red myr quest if you evac the golds.

Also I'm personally not going to be 100% satisfied until I'm tooling around in a ship large enough to use as a mobile corporate headquarters and is capable of docking no less than half a dozen regular capital ships.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Capital ships are 100% planned. There's even a scene for them during the red myr quest if you evac the golds.

Also I'm personally not going to be 100% satisfied until I'm tooling around in a ship large enough to use as a mobile corporate headquarters and is capable of docking no less than half a dozen regular capital ships.
I can't wait to get what's basically a flying city. Always loved the stupidly huge ships that can't go planetside anymore, like the science vessels in Star Trek Online. Although if I had to choose, I'd probably still be more than happy with a snug ship like the Imperial Agents get in The Old Republic.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
I can't wait to get what's basically a flying city. Always loved the stupidly huge ships that can't go planetside anymore, like the science vessels in Star Trek Online. Although if I had to choose, I'd probably still be more than happy with a snug ship like the Imperial Agents get in The Old Republic.

Forget flying cities, what we need is a flying moon! ... wait, that's no moon.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
qcchwy73ghgy.jpg

Grand Moth Tarkin?

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
i'd rather not have a huge capital ship, even with all the companions we have now it would probably be a bit empty

As long as we get more ship inventory space somewhere down the line, I'm happy.
i never understood why people on this forum need ship storage space so much

BoyHowdy000

Oct 2, 2018
Yeah literally every item slot I have except for consumable items is full right now (and that's just because I memorized where almost every consumable item could be acquired and have the wiki for everything else). At a bare minimum we need separate containment slots for weapons and accessories, but even that wouldn't solve most of the problems. The issue is that, instead of using my storage to store the items I use regularly and want to keep close at hand but don't necessarily need at the moment, I use 95% of it to store the one-time-only acquisition items that have the potential to be fun or useful further down the line. On my main character, I haven't even opened that witch clothing bundle because it will become three items instead of one and I just don't have enough room for that, even though that would probably be my second favorite clothing option in the game.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Hold on I just realized if we are getting capital ships most rush planets don't seem very equipped to handle them, so are we also going to get some shuttles?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Or you might just keep the Casstech as your main shuttle, while still using the capital ship to travel about.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Or you might just keep the Casstech as your main shuttle, while still using the capital ship to travel about.
I like the image of Steele warping into a new system in this majestic, top-of-the-line capital ship, slowly moving into orbit around a new planet... and then it farts out this old clunker Casstech, which falls toward the planet in what passes as a controlled entry if you're really drunk. :p

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
I like the image of Steele warping into a new system in this majestic, top-of-the-line capital ship, slowly moving into orbit around a new planet... and then it farts out this old clunker Casstech, which falls toward the planet in what passes as a controlled entry if you're really drunk. :p
I could see that happening and after that. Your crew has to stop you from attempting it again. Also are there any artist depictions of the casstech?