Show off some art

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Why should that be the case?
As long as someone isn't claiming it's theirs or they created it. If they have an image they like or wanted to share, it seems okay with me.
Because it relies on stolen work of millions. Propagation of it's use here normalize's it.
It is just unethical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remalian and Medge

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
@Karakara I second you on the Ban, but given the like ratio for indifference/support I don't think we have the Yay's on that vote. People real quick to turn on workers if they aren't getting the shaft themselves. Just take it as a lesson.

Who gives a shit about ethics when it feels so good?

Even if we're not talking about the ethics though ,and the ethics are, in fact, horrible, I prefer : #1 the solidarity of standing by the artists that made websites like this one what it is instead of supporting a tech that takes from them without permission and #2. Branding in an online space is important - Fenco is better off for not becoming the ai image dump that every other website has become.

But what do I know? Who needs identity or integrity? Slop for everybody. Jerk it cause it feel good. (Or Jill it, cause we're performatively inclusive but you'd better not ask us to take a stand on anything of substance).

I might be coming on a bit strong here, but cut me some slack. All I've got left is nuclear levels of irony radiation to keep me warm at night and fermented battery acid to slake that thirst. It's what plants crave.

TL;DR. Don't ask people to think about something they benefit from or like. Pisses them off real quick. Even and especially things that implicate them in any form of error.

Last edited:

WhoAmI

Oct 14, 2017
I can only speak for myself here;
#1 the solidarity of standing by the artists that made websites like this one what it is instead of supporting a tech that takes from them without permission.
I'm not looking for anything like clout or money from people for this stuff, it is generated purely for a bit of fun and to see what the AI comes out with. I wholeheartedly stick by artists and their work (even if a lot of it isn't to my tastes), as I know it's a hard profession and takes a lot of work.

#2. Branding in an online space is important - Fenco is better off for not becoming the ai image dump that every other website has become.
As I have stated twice in the past; if it bothers the moderators, is not allowed, and/or is causing a problem on the forum, then they are free to remove it.

I know the opinions surrounding AI imagery is a mixed bag, but, again, this was meant to be for a bit of fun, not to cause harm or claim I created/drew the stuff and I was very hesitant to post it in the first place; wondering how long before people came at me with pitch forks. If it is upsetting people to see AI imagery here then I shall not post any more, simple as that.

Medge

Dec 23, 2015

I'm not looking for anything like clout or money from people for this stuff, it is generated purely for a bit of fun and to see what the AI comes out with. I wholeheartedly stick by artists and their work (even if a lot of it isn't to my tastes), as I know it's a hard profession and takes a lot of work.

As I have stated twice in the past; if it bothers the moderators, is not allowed, and/or is causing a problem on the forum, then they are free to remove it.

I know the opinions surrounding AI imagery is a mixed bag, but, again, this was meant to be for a bit of fun, not to cause harm or claim I created/drew the stuff and I was very hesitant to post it in the first place; wondering how long before people came at me with pitch forks. If it is upsetting people to see AI imagery here then I shall not post any more, simple as that.
I'm not coming after you personally man. I'm kind of ambivalent towards the kind of people who like the image generators. Wanting to make cool shit is just human. I aint even trying to shame you really. I'm just soured by the whole thing and a lot of the discourse. It's not personal though. I didn't mean for my comment to directly call you out. Creating shit is just a joy we naturally like to take part in. It's as human as looking out at the stars and wondering if there are hot aliens out there to scoodle-dee-boop.

It's kind of like wanting drug producers to die in a tire fire in the middle of the atlantic ocean, but understanding where the users are coming from.

Any good person can be seduced to an opiate with the right injury. And on to more horrific analogies. I just think plenty poisons out there taste sweet.

Last edited:

D'Angelo

Nov 20, 2020

I like your posts, and I think you should keep posting them.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Probably controversial opinion that I don't normally share, but I think AI art has its place. Like Who, if it's for fun personal use and just being shared with no desire for profit it's fine, it's also great to use when trying to create a proof of concept for something or to give actual artists examples of what you'd want done in their style. I draw the line when someone tries to profit from it or credit for it, that's taking from the artists. I could see a future where AI's are used for art in business with the artists used are paid licensing for their style to be generated, but even that's iffy. Anyways I don't have an issue with Who posting their art of their characters. As long as the art itself isn't being falsely credited or profitted on, it's whatever to me.

Last edited: