Show off some art

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Why should that be the case?
As long as someone isn't claiming it's theirs or they created it. If they have an image they like or wanted to share, it seems okay with me.
Because it relies on stolen work of millions. Propagation of it's use here normalize's it.
It is just unethical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Medge

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
@Karakara I second you on the Ban, but given the like ratio for indifference/support I don't think we have the Yay's on that vote. People real quick to turn on workers if they aren't getting the shaft themselves. Just take it as a lesson.

Who gives a shit about ethics when it feels so good?

Even if we're not talking about the ethics though ,and the ethics are, in fact, horrible, I prefer : #1 the solidarity of standing by the artists that made websites like this one what it is instead of supporting a tech that takes from them without permission and #2. Branding in an online space is important - Fenco is better off for not becoming the ai image dump that every other website has become.

But what do I know? Who needs identity or integrity? Slop for everybody. Jerk it cause it feel good. (Or Jill it, cause we're performatively inclusive but you'd better not ask us to take a stand on anything of substance).

I might be coming on a bit strong here, but cut me some slack. All I've got left is nuclear levels of irony radiation to keep me warm at night and fermented battery acid to slake that thirst. It's what plants crave.

TL;DR. Don't ask people to think about something they benefit from or like. Pisses them off real quick. Even and especially things that implicate them in any form of error.

Last edited: