Sera Submissiveness Guide Request

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I did the party ages ago when it came out, and I think I actually aced the entire thing. Damn it. It makes sense that doing that too well will put her out of debt, but missing content because you did a thing too well is kind of counter-intuitive game design.
You aren't really missing content, but taking one of two exclusive paths. Also, if I could draw your attention to the massive amount of critically acclaimed games that change depending on player choices. Fallout, Skyrim, Undertale, and so many more that it would take ages to list them all.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Some games going for give player choices that are mutual exclusive unless game will be restarted. As usual some would love it but other will hate due to mentality of: I need see all content in one go playing the game.

Tuntud

Mar 10, 2017
You aren't really missing content, but taking one of two exclusive paths. Also, if I could draw your attention to the massive amount of critically acclaimed games that change depending on player choices. Fallout, Skyrim, Undertale, and so many more that it would take ages to list them all.
I'd agree with this argument if it wasn't for how the content is being drip fed through updates: I know it's a hazard that's exclusive to developing games such as these, but with writing projects getting abandoned and new stuff getting added all the time it's often difficult to see when and where a new story path is being added. There was no downside to purposefully bunging up Sera's contacts when the party was added, and now there is.
Not that I'm upset about this or anything, in fact I'm glad Sera's getting more content. Rude demon girl best girl.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I'd agree with this argument if it wasn't for how the content is being drip fed through updates: I know it's a hazard that's exclusive to developing games such as these, but with writing projects getting abandoned and new stuff getting added all the time it's often difficult to see when and where a new story path is being added. There was no downside to purposefully bunging up Sera's contacts when the party was added, and now there is.

This is a fair point. I design events with a finished game in mind, rather than what it actually is, if we're going to be truthful about it; a sprawl of barely-connected experiences perpetually being added to. However, because the work is necessarily modular this kind of situation is difficult to avoid. I can't really tell the audience "Hedge your bets with Sera" because I don't know when or if I'll be able to give her or any of my other characters more content or meaningful choices. Characters like Saendra exist in a similar sort of limbo.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Not that I'm upset about this or anything, in fact I'm glad Sera's getting more content. Rude demon girl best girl.
That's a fair point, and one that I was greatly dismayed about when I realized it would be something that happened in TiTS, and part of the reason I started hanging out on the forums more. It is, however, unavoidable, due to how the storylines in question are too big to write or code in one go. That said, characters written by the main people of the dev team, or people who have been around since the beginning, and are still here, like Nonesuch, who have a long list of commissions, are highly likely to finish everything they have promised, the only question is when.

As a side note, the downsides of having to restart if you want to make a different choice can be easily migrated with the use of TiTSed, which is why I use it.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
This is a fair point. I design events with a finished game in mind, rather than what it actually is, if we're going to be truthful about it; a sprawl of barely-connected experiences perpetually being added to. However, because the work is necessarily modular this kind of situation is difficult to avoid. I can't really tell the audience "Hedge your bets with Sera" because I don't know when or if I'll be able to give her or any of my other characters more content or meaningful choices. Characters like Saendra exist in a similar sort of limbo.
That's a fair point, and one that I was greatly dismayed about when I realized it would be something that happened in TiTS, and part of the reason I started hanging out on the forums more. It is, however, unavoidable, due to how the storylines in question are too big to write or code in one go. That said, characters written by the main people of the dev team, or people who have been around since the beginning, and are still here, like Nonesuch, who have a long list of commissions, are highly likely to finish everything they have promised, the only question is when.

As a side note, the downsides of having to restart if you want to make a different choice can be easily migrated with the use of TiTSed, which is why I use it.
And then one hears things like "if the player does to well on Seandra's quest, bad things may happen"... I love choices that has a effect in my games, but I hate when the bad implications don't spring up before said choice.

DrakeTWolf

Nov 15, 2020
I am playing the newer version of TiTs (0.8.119) and I am getting aggravated on the Sera training quest. I can get her to 80% which is the max, but I cannot get the option to fully train her. I can get her to the point where she says that she is thinking of tattooing her name to my ass, but no matter what I do, it lowers her % to 68%. I will work it back to 80% and then it happens all over again. I went to so many threads and how to but every and I mean every walkthrough does not work. Maybe in later versions, it may have but not with this one. How in the HELL do you fully tame her?? And if another one says the same line that I have heard or read many times over, then come to my house and prove it to me. OR, have a freaking video placed up showing step by step how to do this. Or did the freaking quest get F'ed up on an update? All I have mostly seen are people that changed the codes to get past this. I have tried for 9 days, up to 15 hours a day trying to tame the bitch and nothing works, even trying half baked walkthroughs.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
Still works just fine. Once she's at 80 you just deny one more time and tease again afterwards without reducing your lust this time.