Seamus's ShipLot: New ships and a place to buy them

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Seamus's ShipLot: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oRkeP_NY5paplPLDzf2rmu3BMj5IN46zWpLROoCcmv4

Spaceships for the ShipLot: https://docs.google.com/document/d/110aHI6tElkLOzKetkQ_yrqgNNrn7itd68wS83TKLyn8

This is exactly what it sounds like - a place to buy a new spaceship, and four new ships to buy. Seamus is a salesman on Tavros Station who can get you set up with your new ship. I think the whole thing is pretty simple, mostly talking about the ships and getting Seamus to talk a little about himself, though that's not hard to do.

I based the ships on what I thought people would want in a sci-fi game. There's a starfighter with big guns, a classic beat-up freighter like the Serenity or the Millennium Falcon, a custom ship that shows you've got more credits than some planets, and since this is TiTS, there's a ship shaped like a giant penis. :D

The VR tours are meant to be a way to check out the ship before you buy it. It should work that when you select the VR tour, that takes you to the ship's map, and you can move around in it. [Exit] should take you back to the section where you're looking at ships.

Before anyone asks: no, you can't fuck Seamus, and no, I'm not going to change that. I was going for the classic car salesman thing with him, so I pictured him as a family man, and he evolved from there. He doesn't want to cheat on his husband, so Steele's out of luck, and Seamus has ways of backing that up. But you can get a discount on your ship if you listen to him ramble about his kids.

Hope people enjoy this. Feedback is welcome.

Edit: thanks a lot for the feedback, everyone. Gedan made a post on page 2 if you want to see what's currently planned for the in-game ships: https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/se...d-a-place-to-buy-them.5710/page-2#post-141926 Whenever that happens, I plan to edit my ships to go with it.

Last edited:

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Does the game even have the framework put in yet to let you use a different ship?

F

Franks

Does the game even have the framework put in yet to let you use a different ship?

I'd imagine the framework is there, since Fen has always intended to add new ships to the game. There's just been no reason to add them, what with the Casstech being bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
All of the ships seem cool enough, though, none of the ships don't seem to be combat focused at the moment. Most of the guns range from average to bad...

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
I do like the choice of ships we might have. Pyrite Starhammer so far looks like the cruiser I'll take. Is it decided yet at what price range will these ships go at?

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
All of the ships seem cool enough, though, none of the ships don't seem to be combat focused at the moment. Most of the guns range from average to bad...
Thanks. I based the ships off of the different corporations listed in the wiki, and none of them said anything about focusing on combat ships. I set it up to add more ships easily, though. And maybe when space combat is a thing we'll have ways to update ships, same as buying new weapons, but I don't know.
I do like the choice of ships we might have. Pyrite Starhammer so far looks like the cruiser I'll take. Is it decided yet at what price range will these ships go at?
Thanks, I liked making that one. No idea about the money, though. That's up to Fen & Co, which is why I left it open. Probably pretty damn expensive.
This is literally the thing that is not there, which is the reason we don't have ship mechanics.
True, but I know new ships and space combat and all that are things that have been on the list for TiTS for a long time. I did this for the same reason I did the gym - I saw something that wasn't in the game that Fen & Co. had talked about adding, and decided to make my own version and see if they like it. *shrug* We'll see what happens.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
It's been ages since we even heard about ships and ship combat. A quick update to prove that the feature isn't dead (or reduced to nothingness like SSTDs) would be appreciated.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It's been ages since we even heard about ships and ship combat. A quick update to prove that the feature isn't dead (or reduced to nothingness like SSTDs) would be appreciated.
Check out the last paragraph of the newest blog post.

F

Franks

True, but I know new ships and space combat and all that are things that have been on the list for TiTS for a long time. I did this for the same reason I did the gym - I saw something that wasn't in the game that Fen & Co. had talked about adding, and decided to make my own version and see if they like it. *shrug* We'll see what happens.

Without having read the gdoc yet, it seems like a good idea to me, provided it's done right. I personally would've pestered Fen or Savin for their opinion before spending time writing, though.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Without having read the gdoc yet, it seems like a good idea to me, provided it's done right. I personally would've pestered Fen or Savin for their opinion before spending time writing, though.
*shrug* I worked on this on and off for maybe two weeks. If they want to use it, cool. If not, no worries. I actually have time to work on TiTS stuff again, so it's not a huge loss if this doesn't go anywhere.

magikarpfever

Feb 26, 2017
im so glad seamuss is gay and in a happy mono relationship. its especially funny considering if steele pushes for sex they get banned. its so different from what usually happens like a breath of fresh air. im all in for this

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
im so glad seamuss is gay and in a happy mono relationship. its especially funny considering if steele pushes for sex they get banned. its so different from what usually happens like a breath of fresh air. im all in for this
D'aww, thanks. I was thinking people would be pissed that I put in a character you can't have sex with, but once I started writing the guy, that's just how he worked out. And I wanted to put in some actual consequences for pressuring someone for sex when they say no. There's nothing wrong with asking about sex and getting a yes - I'd be a damn hypocrite if I said there was, considering how I wrote the gym's characters - but when someone says no, you have to respect that.
Methinks Starsphere Prime needs some silly mode alterations...
Damn, I forgot all about silly mode. :eek:

Reactions: valkyr42

General Drayfox

Nov 7, 2016
Just seeing somebody working on ship content fills me with hope and determination!

I am a little worried that a lot of this will have to be heavily reworked, or maybe even thrown out, so you should definitely get clearance before you put anymore effort in, it'd be a shame to see it wasted!

Also, gonna give some constructive criticism a go here, but ship stat-wise, it might be good to have them a bit more unique?

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Just seeing somebody working on ship content fills me with hope and determination!

I am a little worried that a lot of this will have to be heavily reworked, or maybe even thrown out, so you should definitely get clearance before you put anymore effort in, it'd be a shame to see it wasted!

Also, gonna give some constructive criticism a go here, but ship stat-wise, it might be good to have them a bit more unique?
Not sure what would have to be heavily reworked, since I made the ships like regular maps, same as the other ships we get to see in-game, like Kiro's and Saendra's. I don't know how owning a ship would mean it needed a whole different map.

I'm not concerned about the stats because I know nothing about what Fen & Co. are going to do with the stats. I just went by the descriptions of the corporations in the wiki and figured out what each ship would have for some general space combat stuff. I figured some basic guidelines was the best I could do.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Examined why I don't like this despite it being characteristically well written, and realised it's because I really wanted to come up with stuff like this once Fen finally got off his arse vis a vis ship mechanics. Stop dibbsying fun stuff that hasn't even come out yet, you dickhead.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I don't think it'd be that much trouble to warn up top somewhere "Hey no one write about ship mechanics I'll get to it eventually."

For newbies if nothing else.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Their will still overlook it even if after making accound a huge notification would show up telling what subjects are not worthy t try talk because of reasons. So nope I not sure newbies will care much about such informations given to them. (also nope not having against you Slab - still can;t get enough of some of npc's interactions you wrote for gym - so hopefully fen will get lucky and finish work on ship system so your work here could be put in use asap)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Competent writers capable of writing ship mechanics will ignore instructions to not write ship mechanics?

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Examined why I don't like this despite it being characteristically well written, and realised it's because I really wanted to come up with stuff like this once Fen finally got off his arse vis a vis ship mechanics. Stop dibbsying fun stuff that hasn't even come out yet, you dickhead.
That's "Bulkhead". Dickhead's my brother.

But seriously, I can't tell if you're joking or not, so all I'm gonna say is this: please, don't let me stop you from writing what you want. I didn't "dibs" anything, wasn't even thinking of it like that, and it's not like this is going to show up in the game next week. Besides, I like your work and I hope you keep doing more.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
That's "Bulkhead". Dickhead's my brother.

Played. And no, I'm just joking. I've stayed away from stuff like this because it seems as if a lot of it is likely to have to be reworked once we actually get some details - or rather, I'd like to allow some of the details to shape the writing, so they don't seem like two ready-made things bolted together, as is too often been the case in TiTS. But there's no real harm in it, particularly as you're a decent writer. (Do more manly men pls.)

Roboslave

Nov 17, 2016
Examined why I don't like this despite it being characteristically well written, and realised it's because I really wanted to come up with stuff
just build a ships custom shop so we can upgrade our ships and also put rims on it

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
Played. And no, I'm just joking. I've stayed away from stuff like this because it seems as if a lot of it is likely to have to be reworked once we actually get some details - or rather, I'd like to allow some of the details to shape the writing, so they don't seem like two ready-made things bolted together, as is too often been the case in TiTS.
Good to hear, I was hoping I hadn't pissed anyone off. :eek: But what you said makes sense. I didn't think much about this beyond "I want to make some ships, and they need someone to sell them, so I'll write that too." But maybe I can adapt this when ships go in the game.
But there's no real harm in it, particularly as you're a decent writer. (Do more manly men pls.)
Thank you. Hate to say it, but I don't have any men planned. I don't even like guys, I only wrote Quenton because I knew people would ask if they got to fuck him and I couldn't think of a reason why not. (And the game needed more men anyway.) I have two things I'm working on, but one's real small and the other's a new character, and that'll be a huge damn project so I don't even know.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well but writing part about npc dealing with ship selling and all other stuff that isn't directly related to space combat/stats stats should be doable even now since it will not change afterward :catte:

Xer0

Mar 1, 2017
Unfortunately the actual implementation of the ship mechanics could be far off , just thinking about the amount of content that would need to written is daunting , but I would love too see it!