Not open for further replies.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
"Nah," you answer with a grin. "Pretty sure necromancers don't come this hot."

<<Perk Check: Corrupt Libido
Wisdom Saving Throw: Failure (11 vs. 8)!>>

No joke. The amazon makes that leather and hide look better the sexiest negligee, and the way she holds herself, all strength and confidence, fuels your imagination -- you wouldn't mind letting those mighty thighs of hers pin you down and... and you quickly find yourself shifting your legs, trying to hide the mounting bulge in your robes. Hopefully her gaze isn't as wandering as yours...

Sylvia rewards you with a flat look. "From a salamander, I'll take that as a complement." 

You chuckle, all the while trying to will down your unbidden stiffness. Twice in one day, and you're still managing to get hard... what did Tyroa wake up in you?

Shaking the thought, you ask, "You're a long way from home, Sylvia. What could my people's restless spirits have to say to you?"

The amazon grunts and swaps her axe from one hand to the other, scowling at nothing. "I've come here searching for someone. Another amazon who passed through this keep some time past. I lost her trail here," she says, sweeping a hand towards the ruined keep. "I'd hoped the spirits could guide me, but it seems they keep their secrets."

"Another amazon?"

"Neva, my village's shamaness. My sister," Sylvia answers. "She disappeared six weeks ago. From what I can tell, she just walked out of her home and into the wilderlands. Kept a constant pace all the way to this keep... after here, there is no sign of her. Have you seen her, by chance? Looks very much like me, if slighter, with braided hair...."

You shake your head.

Sylvia sighs. "Doesn't hurt to ask. And you? Some guardian of this place -- its caretaker?"

"Ha! No," you laugh, "I'm here searching for something that belonged to my ancestors."

"Ah, a tomb robber, then," Sylvia smirks. "From the tribes in the northern foothills? Been years since we've seen any of your kin."

A pang of sorrow flits through your heart. "They're gone. Hobgoblins."

Sylvia nods sympathetically. After a moment's silence, you continue, "Been here long? I was told there were monsters, but after that performance..."

"Aye, there are. I passed a camp of ogres north of the walls, just beyond the hills. Maybe a half dozen of the brutes. I've seen a few Kanids lurking in the brush and shadows around the place, but they're too cowardly to attack a warrior like me! Oh, and a wing of harpies tried to lure me with their song when I neared the eastern tower. It seems they don't much care what they mate with these days."

"Minotaurs?" you ask. Those are probably your biggest concern so far.

"I haven't seen any. But I've heard bellowing from the keep itself. Like beasts rutting. Could be 'taurs."

You nod. "The keep's where I need to go, too. Damn. Wanna tag along? Could be your sister is inside."

<<Charisma Check: Failure (17 vs. 12)!>>

The amazon snorts. "Maybe, but I don't much fancy walking into the den of a dozen minotaurs. From what I've heard, just the smell of them can turn women into drooling whores begging to be bred. I'll take my chances with the harpies. At least they're usually the ones wanting to be plowed."

She laughs, but your thoughts just go right to Tyroa. 

"Tell you what," Sylvia says, leaning back against the wall. "If you go into the keep there and make it back out, find out what's inside... maybe I'll come with you on that treasure hunt of yours. After all, my sister could be down in the depths. I've no other paths to follow yet."

Name: Remielle Syrililth
Race: Salamander
Sex: Hermaphrodite
Figure: Amazonian
Class: Mage
Stats: STR (10) CON (16) DEX (14) INT (15) WIS (8) CHA (12)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
Urgh, not having much luck with the d20 today. Oh, speaking of, do natural 20s and 1s have an effect in this system, or is it purely a matter of rolling below the cutoff to pass the check?

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'd like if the first option end up including asking Sylvia about the rest of the keep. I she doesn't know anything, getting the full picture of the place before deciding on where to go next. It's not like the loot we are after can run anywhere or be stolen, right?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I'm pretty much up for everything besides option 2. Minos R bad. With the added corrupted libido it's way too risky.

We've already made a good favour with one of the harpies, so maybe they can prove to be helpful to us. No guarantee though.

The summoning seems pretty interesting. Perhaps we could contact one of Remi's ancestors. And if we learn the spell it could come in handy later on. It might even up the opportunity to talk to old black scales herself. (whishful thinking)

Exploring may seem like a boring option, but maybe we could find something (or someone) useful for exploring the castle.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Let's stay the fudge away from mino-dick. We know what it does to nice Mander ladies.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I'd like if the first option end up including asking Sylvia about the rest of the keep. I she doesn't know anything, getting the full picture of the place before deciding on where to go next. It's not like the loot we are after can run anywhere or be stolen, right?

We probably know everything she does at this point, though definitely useful information.  I think trying to recruit a harpy scout should be our next priority, we really don't want to be going into the keep without help/backup and it sounds like that's what we're going to need to do to recruit Sylvia.

Staying will probably mean we'll be forced to flirt with her rather than actually get useful information or else we'd be at a disadvantage.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That summoning is interesting. Well maybe cuz it's summoning of something we talk about...maybe this time dice will not fail with cha roll xD

If do then well it's jsut failed cha roll so nothing bad could happen cuz of that or does it? -_-'

Remiel

Jul 10, 2016
I say we try to get some more information from Sylvia then try to explore the grounds, maybe there's some arcane writing here and there that could give us a few hints as to the place's history and/or current times, Ala magical residue. after Casing the Joint, err, getting the lay of the land, maybe try to go find Tyroa, If we can keep it in our pants long enough we might get some valuable recon information. With maybe some dicking for our Birdie as a reward. Thing is,  one harpy is one thing, not sure we can currently handle more without reprocussions......

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
We probably know everything she does at this point, though definitely useful information.  I think trying to recruit a harpy scout should be our next priority, we really don't want to be going into the keep without help/backup and it sounds like that's what we're going to need to do to recruit Sylvia.

Staying will probably mean we'll be forced to flirt with her rather than actually get useful information or else we'd be at a disadvantage.

That's actually two great points. I'm still not convinced that we won't be able to get some useful information out of Sylvia, but we should totally mind the curse and visit our feathery friend.

New plan: after either a quick bang or an incredibly awkward moment with Sylvia we should go visit the harpies.

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
Maybe I'm a bit biased from getting the ACTUAL MINOTAURS BAD ENDING BY ACCIDENT! But I say we stay far far away from them.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Urgh, not having much luck with the d20 today. Oh, speaking of, do natural 20s and 1s have an effect in this system, or is it purely a matter of rolling below the cutoff to pass the check?

No bonus effects on basic ability checks, but they'd always be a failure/success regardless of modifiers. 

Minos R bad.

I get that reference :3

Let's stay the fudge away from mino-dick. We know what it does to nice Mander ladies.

Hel and a Taur -Adj.jpg

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
No bonus effects on basic ability checks, but they'd always be a failure/success regardless of modifiers.

Sorry, I meant that in the crit-failure/success manner rather than adding anything extra to the result.

Assuming that they do function the same way as in D&D, would they be swapped? Since we're aiming for lower than the score, would a natural 1 be a critical success?

I hope I'm not annoying you with all these meta-questions.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Sorry, I meant that in the crit-failure/success manner rather than adding anything extra to the result.

Assuming that they do function the same way as in D&D, would they be swapped? Since we're aiming for lower than the score, would a natural 1 be a critical success?

Only on pregger checks. Crit Success gives 9001 pups, regardless of species.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

No worries.

Yeah, 1 would be a success (and has happened already!) and 20 a failure. Unless some kind of opposed roll comes up (d20 + Score vs the same from another critter), then they'd be "normal" for modern D&D.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015

Maybe I'm a bit biased from getting the ACTUAL MINOTAURS BAD ENDING BY ACCIDENT! But I say we stay far far away from them.

We're probably going to need some kind of defense against their smell when we go in the keep, plus a willing fuckbuddy for when Remi inevitably fails the wisdom save to avoid getting hard anyway.  Our ultimate goal requires it, so we will have to deal with them at some point.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Is it possible to make a crude gas mask? At the risk of being disgusting, urine soaked rags have been effective in dealing with some gas attacks, but idk if ammonia would do the same for pheromones.

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
We're probably going to need some kind of defense against their smell when we go in the keep, plus a willing fuckbuddy for when Remi inevitably fails the wisdom save to avoid getting hard anyway.  Our ultimate goal requires it, so we will have to deal with them at some point.

I suppose holding your breath wouldn't be a valid option. :$

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Is it possible to make a crude gas mask? At the risk of being disgusting, urine soaked rags have been effective in dealing with some gas attacks, but idk if ammonia would do the same for pheromones.

It's possible Remi might be able to swing some magic to do that, if nothing else. Maybe a little pyromancy to surround herself with the smell of woodsmoke, overpowering all other scenes and pheromones.

I suppose holding your breath wouldn't be a valid option. :$

Not after a Minotaur sticks his dick down your throat :p

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
It's possible Remi might be able to swing some magic to do that, if nothing else. Maybe a little pyromancy to surround herself with the smell of woodsmoke, overpowering all other scenes and pheromones.

Or something that could stuff up her nose like a cold or at least causes her nose to react like that. The goal would be increased mucus production. Still, woodsmoke seems like the most plausible for her to be able to do considering her race and class. Maybe she can enchant something to have that effect and tie it by her nose so she has full access of her hands.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Maybe she can enchant something to have that effect and tie it by her nose so she has full access of her hands.

tree-fresh.jpg

argenten

Sep 9, 2015

Basically, nobles in many eras had scent holders who's names I honestly forget that allowed them to smell perfume instead of their own stink or the smell of wherever they were...but yeah I set myself up for that one. Well played :p

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Basically, nobles in many eras had scent holders who's names I honestly forget that allowed them to smell perfume instead of their own stink or the smell of wherever they were...but yeah I set myself up for that one. Well played :p

:p

I think that's how Plague Doctor masks (the big beaky ones) worked, too. Stuff the beak full of roses or some such to keep out the Black Death.

Could totally see Remi making/enchanting something like that. Cut open her waterskin, stuff it with some herbs/flowers, a little magic...

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
:p

I think that's how Plague Doctor masks (the big beaky ones) worked, too. Stuff the beak full of roses or some such to keep out the Black Death.

Could totally see Remi making/enchanting something like that. Cut open her waterskin, stuff it with some herbs/flowers, a little magic...

My example was like...mobile potpourri or w/e they were called but actually the Plague Doctor masks work even better. The set you describe seems very easy for Remi to make with limited resources plus I think it might confuse the minotaurs in the manner of "How am I supposed to get her hooked if she doesn't have a mouth or nose?". 

I think this is the best option, as it would provide scent protection as well as outright physical protection with the leather from the waterskin. Of course this could be ripped off her  but it'd give her enough time to take down the Minotaurs before they get to her if need be.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
My example was like...mobile potpourri or w/e they were called but actually the Plague Doctor masks work even better. The set you describe seems very easy for Remi to make with limited resources plus I think it might confuse the minotaurs in the manner of "How am I supposed to get her hooked if she doesn't have a mouth or nose?". 

I think this is the best option, as it would provide scent protection as well as outright physical protection with the leather from the waterskin. Of course this could be ripped off her  but it'd give her enough time to take down the Minotaurs before they get to her if need be.

I think the real value would be in the ability to ignore the smell before the fighting even starts.  Remember that the first time we go in there will probably be on a short reconnaissance trip to convince Sylvia to join us.  Just not having to worry about all the negative rolls being stacked onto Remi's below average wisdom score will greatly improve her chances of succeeding.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I think the real value would be in the ability to ignore the smell before the fighting even starts.  Remember that the first time we go in there will probably be on a short reconnaissance trip to convince Sylvia to join us.  Just not having to worry about all the negative rolls being stacked onto Remi's below average wisdom score will greatly improve her chances of succeeding.

That's what I meant, with the mask as it's starting to be cemented the scent attack wouldn't hit Remi and force her to make a (CON) or (WILL) right off the bat. 

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
That's what I meant, with the mask as it's starting to be cemented the scent attack wouldn't hit Remi and force her to make a (CON) or (WILL) right off the bat. 

Or it could be a buff to resisting when it comes to rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.