Sacae : Where the water Vanae at?

MagusErebus

Nov 27, 2015
So I was reading the Vanae codex entry at the wiki and found out they have a sister race which seem to pretty much be vanae that live in water, or they might be scyllas.

"Vanae have an origin story that both vanae and the sacae were born from the Sky Mother’s womb. Two daughters - the first of each race - were delivered and fell down to Mhen’ga. The first sacae fell into the water and the vanae in the trees, making each their home. They believe the Sky Mother shows her love for her daughter’s descendents by sending down rain that collects in the trees and flows into the rivers and seas. "

I know Jim left but since there's not any actual work put into them(as far as I know) would they be a possible addition to Mhen'ga in the future? Could be a way to have more "vanae" expansions and not have writers feel as weird about writing content for it. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I know Jim left but since there's not any actual work put into them(as far as I know) would they be a possible addition to Mhen'ga in the future? 

Nah, not something we devs are gonna ever touch. If some writer/commissioner wants to hop on it, nobody'd say no, but...

MagusErebus

Nov 27, 2015
Nah, not something we devs are gonna ever touch. If some writer/commissioner wants to hop on it, nobody'd say no, but...

Ah okay, that's unfortunate. Vanae were the best Mhen'ga race IMO and it's sad they probably won't get any future content added to them. Thanks for the info.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Back in a days when Vanae creator was he made map with one room that was...shore of lake where Sacae lived meanign there PC could have meet them. But now with Jim gone a long way till that semi-finished expansion for Vanae been touched at all. And that will be req. to get to part when it would be added location for Sacae enc.

Aleks

Jan 29, 2016
Does anybody of you know how much it would cost to commission en expansion for the vanae? 

When I'll start working in September I would like to commission something and the vanae are my favourite race so far, but I don't know if they would be affordable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
About 15 USD per 1000 words.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
As long as you have a way of paying it, sure. Just go here and contact someone.

They might start charging in Pounds, tho.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
If someone wanted to start some group pool to pay for the Sacae to get made I'd chip in. The Vanae are okay, but them having legs is just so weird to me, like catgirls with human ears as well as cat ones. The Sacae were the thing i was most looking forward out of Jim so i'd be willing to chip in to get it done

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
W-We can pool money?

I can't use PayPal, though.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
W-We can pool money?

We can!

Just forward all the money to my paypal and i'll be sure to use it to commission for the Sacae totally not using it for the Steam Summer Sale or anything like that.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016

Two questions

1) what about the Vanae makes them so difficult that even the Devs are leery about them?

2) is that "but..." Meant to mean: "even if someone does write it, we probably won't want to code it in."?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
1) what about the Vanae makes them so difficult that even the Devs are leery about them?

2) is that "but..." Meant to mean: "even if someone does write it, we probably won't want to code it in."?

1) Nothing, we just have a virtually infinite number of better, more important things to do than work on some xpak for a random encounter. Vanae don't need more content -- they're feature complete as-is -- so modifying them isn't even on our radar.

2) No, more of a "but.... nobody actually will, because that's how this goes."

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
1) Nothing, we just have a virtually infinite number of better, more important things to do than work on some xpak for a random encounter. Vanae don't need more content -- they're feature complete as-is

Actually, there is one missing link to the SynthSap quest for male Vanae TF. Would be nice to get it.

Reactions: Draconoid

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah I think SynthSap would be good to get (but who will finish it and then code that is a good question -_-')

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I just really want some legless Squid-Girls