Saurmorian scale color bugged?

FuHyBi69

May 23, 2022
Not sure if intended this way, but the only way saurmorian legs or arms match your set scale color is if your skin type is set as scales. Otherwise they set as what your skin color is set as. Save editing-transformatives, changes nothing, if your skin type=scales, no problem. But if you save edit or transform to any other skin type they change to match skin.

Vozhdelin

Oct 3, 2022
The Saurmorian 'armor plate' scales use the scale color field, and the 'normal' scales on the rest of the body use the skin color field, according to the Orefish Shard morph list. (Scale color is set to silver, skin is set to a range of things when set to the scaled skin type.)

It's a bit off, but let's you have your preferred colors at the cost of jank hybridization I suppose. (Or just breaking down when another TF featuring a skin type morph is used.)

Saurmorians are also written to have some body regions without scales, which probably influenced the implementation.

FuHyBi69

May 23, 2022
The Saurmorian 'armor plate' scales use the scale color field, and the 'normal' scales on the rest of the body use the skin color field, according to the Orefish Shard morph list. (Scale color is set to silver, skin is set to a range of things when set to the scaled skin type.)

It's a bit off, but let's you have your preferred colors at the cost of jank hybridization I suppose. (Or just breaking down when another TF featuring a skin type morph is used.)

Saurmorians are also written to have some body regions without scales, which probably influenced the implementation.
right, but even if the settings for skin and scale color stay the same (mines pale white for skin, metallic black for scales), and you only swap leg types to say frostwyrm or gryvain those two leg types display the set scale color not the set skin.

I'm trying to only have scales on my arms and legs and gel skin on the body for contrast, I'd like to have saurmorian legs for the descriptor but hence the annoyance with the scale color issue

Vozhdelin

Oct 3, 2022
You'd realistically have to settle for not using Saurmorian parts in your case, since they're the only morph set (I know of) using skin color for scale descriptions.

Or just never read your appearance output again as afaik scenes will just reference skin type, skin color, and scale color. Scenes specifying a description of your limbs should just refer to them being scaled/reptilian in nature.

FuHyBi69

May 23, 2022
You'd realistically have to settle for not using Saurmorian parts in your case, since they're the only morph set (I know of) using skin color for scale descriptions.

Or just never read your appearance output again as afaik scenes will just reference skin type, skin color, and scale color. Scenes specifying a description of your limbs just refer to them being scaled/reptilian in nature.
I suppose that's what I'll have to do for now, I wonder if I could submit for that to be changed in the future....