Saendra talk options

T1ts_1n_Mug3n

Oct 4, 2016
Why is there a 'offercred' option I have spent days talking to her and I still can't select it; is there any way to get it? or is there no content for paying off Saendra's debt?

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Saendra's fixed ship content is currently not available. If that is due to it not being written or just not coded yet, I don't know.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Then why give the option?
When driven into a corner people might make choices they´re less than proud of/comfortable with.
Edit: I was thinking about Saendra's own dislike for it, to be specific.
She herself wants to fix it by her own means.

And I personally want her to solve things by her own power.
But luckily I believe the "sugar daddy" option will only happen if you failed her quest.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Huh? Doesn't she fly out in a half broken junker if you don't give her money?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I think it's more realistic if an option that seems more right isn't always the best one.

I still stand by my assertion regarding Savin.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Given Savin want Seandra suffer a lil more she may without PC help have barely workable piece of space camper to fly in. Also a good excuse to her send distress call to PC again to help her shapely booty again xD

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
My memory might be off, but I do recall that it was supposed to be an option if you fucked up in one of her quests.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
There's a difference between being a "sugar daddy," someone being a "gold digger," and a friend/lover wanting to help out their fellow friend/lover because they have the resources to do so.

I don't get this whole concept of "I MUST DO THIS MYSELF OR IT'S MEANINGLESS."

If you're so determined to do /everything/ by yourself then why even bother making friends? That's what friends are for, to be there for and with you during the good times, the bad times, and to be someone for you to help in their times of need and to help you in yours.

IT's one of those moments that you just want to grab someone, shake them, and yell "LET ME HELP YOU, DAMMIT!" I mean, I get it. There are some times where you need to be alone for self discovery and soul searching, but fixing up your only means of transportation and biggest means of income should be a big priority, big enough to, at the very least, gracefully accept a loan from a friend, if you won't outright accept it as a gift.

The whole point of money is to spend it, what sort of disservice are you doing to someone that cares so deeply about you that they want to fix your ship up and get you going again simply because they really like or love you?

I mean, really, asking, demanding, or hinting at something like that is one thing, yet if I want to spend my money on someone or something for someone then it'd only be appropriate for that person to gracefully accept my gift, no?

's like.. I'm not doing this to prove myself, I'm not doing this to say I'm better, I just really like/love you and want to see you get back to doing what you love. Why is that a bad thing?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@critlocked Your thinking got one flaw...it's Savin npc we talking. Maybe Seandra not yet see PC as more than buddy/gal to fuck with. Like saving/helping her twice not yet enought to reach at least basic friendship tier. That tier will be reached if her creator fell it's correct time for it.

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Well, Saen ain't really your "girlfriend" or "love" or whatever. Saendra sees it as if she's already indebted to you for saving her ass, and doesn't want to let you keep helping her when she can't give anything in return, putting herself in more "debt," because she cares about Steele.

Or, that's hows I sees it at least.

gaaah, Orm ya ninja'd me.

Reactions: argenten

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well with this indebt only one tiny problem is (that actualy it friggin as large as moon sized station one problem) that technicaly Seandra seems not have way to even now return favor to us. PC by helping her twice showed is in those areas that both quest needed superior to her (well that was reason PC could finish them) so where else she can find PC lacking compared to her?

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Points taken. It seems odd to me that she'd not consider you a friend after everything, but that's just how some people are, I suppose. Still doesn't make it any less frustrating for me! XD Of course I'm the sort of person that if I had the money to do so I'd want to help the whole darn world, so throwing money at the major problem of someone I like hardly seems like a bad thing to me.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Please, both Savin and Saendra love me.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, Saen ain't really your "girlfriend" or "love" or whatever. Saendra sees it as if she's already indebted to you for saving her ass, and doesn't want to let you keep helping her when she can't give anything in return, putting herself in more "debt," because she cares about Steele.

Or, that's hows I sees it at least.

That's valid.

The option's there to provide character development; to give you insight into Saen as a person. In my opinion Saendra's sin is Pride, a belief that she can (and should) do everything herself. She doesn't want to take your money unless there's absolutely no other option left to her, and like her fantasy predecessor, her sin leads her to a self-destructive nature. If you help her on her quest, thus enabling her self-destruction, Saendra will gladly sail out into the stars on a spaceship held together by duct tape and hope. If you fail her second quest, leaving her no other option, she will take your money in order to further her goals (ironically putting her in a stronger position to succeed).

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
That's valid.

The option's there to provide character development; to give you insight into Saen as a person. In my opinion Saendra's sin is Pride, a belief that she can (and should) do everything herself. She doesn't want to take your money unless there's absolutely no other option left to her, and like her fantasy predecessor, her sin leads her to a self-destructive nature. If you help her on her quest, thus enabling her self-destruction, Saendra will gladly sail out into the stars on a spaceship held together by duct tape and hope. If you fail her second quest, leaving her no other option, she will take your money in order to further her goals (ironically putting her in a stronger position to succeed).
The poor life of Saendra...
And the only (non canon) opportunity she's had to repay the favour (so far) ended up with her becoming a bimbo.
At least Valeria will always be there to assist her. Putting a bit of a stopper for her pride.

But personally I think that getting to bang a bitch kitty is plenty of compensation for what I've done :smuggo:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
>Savin using irony in his characters.

Oh lawd.

crushogre

Sep 2, 2015
So . . . wait. Are you saying that if we want the good end for Saendra, we have to deliberately fail her second quest?

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
So . . . wait. Are you saying that if we want the good end for Saendra, we have to deliberately fail her second quest?
We don't know at this point. Her current storyarc ends at a cliffhanger and without future expansions that is difficult to answer. And unless Savin starts to spoil Saendra's content we will just have to wait and see.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You'll probably have to save her butt again.

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
I wouldn't be surprised. I think Kara and Saen should meet, considering what troubles those two are in. What a match...

Reactions: Brock

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Wait, what? I thought that her next quest will at least provide an opportunity for PC to prevent Saen from doing the most dangerous and stupid shit by recognizing and trying to work around that flaw; e.g. by spinning their help as an investment into the mutually profitable joint treasure hunt/quest or something.

I mean, she knows that PC has almost all the pieces to her most dangerous secret and is already pretty caught up in her conflict with the Void, and they still stick by her and haven't abused that knowledge in any way. If she will still dodge any attempts to join efforts despite all that... It will be hands down one of the most frustrating things in the game, made even more frustrating by being justifiable from the character prospective. :confused:

I just hope that the tragedy you keep alluding to when talking about Saen won't be completely inevitable and that the lesson she will have to undertake in order to grow as a character won't be too cruel, or have PC being completely incapable of helping at least a little bit.:(

Reactions: critlocked

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Whether or not you shit money down Saen's throat or if she sneaks off with her ship in bad shape has one major effect:
You start off with a big combat debuff in SQ3.
The Phoenix gets destroyed regardless. I haven't decided, but her ship status may or may not also contribute to Saen's robot arm getting blown off again in the early part of the quest.

just hope that the tragedy you keep alluding to when talking about Saen won't be completely inevitable
It won't be, but to guarantee Saen's safety your best course is to just not advance her questline any further (or fail SQ2 and then not give her any money). Every one of her quests thusfar has had a progressively higher probability of Saendra getting pirate'd or murderated (1 chance of failure n SQ1, 2 chances in SQ2). SQ3 will probably have considerably more ways to bungle it, but they will be related to choices made within the quest (and your ability to overcome the challenges therein). Saendra's ship status may contribute to your ability/inability to overcome the challenges of the quest, but it won't be a hard success/fail state trigger.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
If something went into a spoiler box, you really ought to be talking about it in a spoiler box.
Uh, to clarify, you're saying that giving her money to fix her ship wouldn't give a debuff. But doesn't she need her ship one way or the other to start the quest?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Uh, to clarify, you're saying that giving her money to fix her ship wouldn't give a debuff. But doesn't she need her ship one way or the other to start the quest?

No. Saendra's ship can either be repaired (via failing SQ2 and giving her money) or she gets Pete (or whatever his name is) to help her get her fucked up ship flying again. One of these two things needs to happen for SQ3 to start.

It's possible to neither help Saendra get her ship sorted NOR save Pete, in which case SQ3 won't start until you give Saen some money.