Ryn age

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Maybe I missed it mentioned but how old is Ryn? I know Atugia said ryn was older than her

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Probably 69.

Though seriously I don't know if a concrete age for any character has been given. She's older than she looks but I think that's all we know for sure. And since the Boreal Elves have a long ass life span, we'd hafta start doing some theorizing and analyzing since the range is big. Of course, I could've missed it. Don't (but also do) take my word as gospel. For I an but an illiterate nincompoop.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Probably 69.

Though seriously I don't know if a concrete age for any character has been given. She's older than she looks but I think that's all we know for sure. And since the Boreal Elves have a long ass life span, we'd hafta start doing some theorizing and analyzing since the range is big. Of course, I could've missed it. Don't (but also do) take my word as gospel. For I an but an illiterate nincompoop.
So Atugia is younger than that? I always thought she was older

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Possibly. I'd have to go back and look at the dialogue itself, but if Atugia says so then I'd take her/her writer as being correct. I know the wiki didn't list an age for Ryn or Tui, and the boreal elf codex clocks them at 200 max and maybe older with exceptions. So pick a number between 35, the codex's stated maturity for the snow elves, and 200 and that may be Ryn's age. I think only Savin and Alypia might know if it isn't said in game though.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Aren't Boreal elves also like kitsune in, those favoured by there god(lumina for the elves) live longer, I only say that cause I swear they said century at some point with her, or they were being hyperbolic.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I don't remember anything being said but it has been a while. And if Keros can extend a life span, I don't see why Lumia couldn't. Unless she actually does staple wings to her followers, in which case the shock and potential infections could shorten one's life. But come on, surely the gods wouldn't use their followers to play arts and crafts. They're definitely professionals. And Ryn could very easily be 100 or over. The codex is the one true gospel so that'd make her elfy middle age I suppose.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Etheryn is in her fifties. What a cougar, am I right?

Atugia (who is ~230 years old) did at one point have dialogue claiming that Etheryn is older than she is, but that dates back to the era when half the writers didn't know how old frost elves were actually supposed to be. It's an error, and if it hasn't been fixed already, it should be bug reported.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Possibly. I'd have to go back and look at the dialogue itself, but if Atugia says so then I'd take her/her writer as being correct. I know the wiki didn't list an age for Ryn or Tui, and the boreal elf codex clocks them at 200 max and maybe older with exceptions. So pick a number between 35, the codex's stated maturity for the snow elves, and 200 and that may be Ryn's age. I think only Savin and Alypia might know if it isn't said in game though.
Wait didn't Cait allude that Atugia might have been alive before the godswar or something?

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Etheryn is in her fifties. What a cougar, am I right?

Atugia (who is ~230 years old) did at one point have dialogue claiming that Etheryn is older than she is, but that dates back to the era when half the writers didn't know how old frost elves were actually supposed to be. It's an error, and if it hasn't been fixed already, it should be bug reported.
Ok thank you

Yes it is still in dialogue in 4.23 at least

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Aren't Boreal elves also like kitsune in, those favoured by there god(lumina for the elves) live longer, I only say that cause I swear they said century at some point with her, or they were being hyperbolic.
Boreal elves naturally live about 200 years. while valkyries (which are soulbound to Lumia) may live longer the elves lifespan has nothing to do with her.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
is Cait the only one the champion is older than??
where does it say Cait's younger?

Also with the way their aging works it's implied Senja and Meira are both younger than the champ. Although we don't have an exact number on the Champs age. just basing it on the previous games I'm assuming it's 18, but I can't say for sure.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
where does it say Cait's younger?

Also with the way their aging works it's implied Senja and Meira are both younger than the champ. Although we don't have an exact number on the Champs age. just basing it on the previous games I'm assuming it's 18, but I can't say for sure.
Oh the champ is younger? Maybe I interpreted it wrong.

18 might be a bit young considering some backgrounds suggest you have some experience in that field (soldier, courtesan)

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The Champ's age is early 20's (unless you're an elf) and Savin's not going to be any more specific than that. We have vague ages for a few companions (see here) but when it comes to the Champ and Ryn I'm gonna echo the spirit of a comment Arona makes: Just because she's old enough to be your mother doesn't make her one. She's the boreal elf equivalent to her early 20's or thereabouts and her upbringing hasn't exactly given her the breadth of experience that, say, a human of her chronological age would have.

So yeah, she may be twice my Champ's age technically but emotionally and experientially, they're about the same. And once the option to bind my soul to Lumia becomes a thing, the age issue is gonna be moot anyways. xD

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
He doesnt really need to be, that is basically good enough for most, considering a majority of players are probably in there mid 20's too lol.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Just because she's old enough to be your mother doesn't make her one.

Yet. But once that cage comes off, it's back to creating heirs for every position I can't marry into.

The true power of polygamy is to hoard titles in a dark fantasy setting. Griffith had the wrong idea.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
So yeah, she may be twice my Champ's age technically but emotionally and experientially, they're about the same.
So you're saying you don't want me to write something where Champ teases [pc.hisHer] wife about her age.

Lone Wolf115

So you're saying you don't want me to write something where Champ teases [pc.hisHer] wife about her age.
Hmmmmmm... is it going to be followed by Ryn teasing the Champ back about being too young to be allowed out of their mother's arms, followed by a totally mature tickle fight that ultimately turns into snogging? :D
I love it a little funny and it adds more Ryn content.

Reactions: MissSilissa