Riya Possibilities

F

Franks

Okay, but I'm pretty sure dommy Jill would be the first dominant female NPC in the game.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I'm pretty sure dommy Jill would be the first dominant female NPC in the game.
Uuhhhh Ramis? Shade? What are they chopped celery? :U

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Depends on if Dom So is considered female. She's an AI but a female identifying one it seems.
Oh and the chopped celery Emerald mentioned is already a thing....

But yeah I'm hopeful that Dom So would beat Sexable Jill in terms of getting into the game.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Jill seems like the Orsesama type which I can't think of another haughty domme in the game so far. Jack is Gary Oak so Jill should definitely go "Ohohoho!"

hell lover

Sep 28, 2016
Meh i wouldn´t think Riya was made as a agenda piece since like some example's in real life she isn't a horrible being just because she has racist views, she's at most a jerk that doesn't start anything but gets easily agitated when being told that her views are automatically wrong, which honestly most people don´t want to hear. No one likes the Holier that You Person that since you don´t sign on everything that they say, you must be worse than people that actually are doing those bad things.

Not trying to insult any movements but it´s like those accusations that keep happening in this decade where some popular people call some one something offensive like a pedo, people will instantly attack the accused and the person is simply not allowed to defend themselves.

Riya is at most just a hostile asshole against aliens and i'll be honest i don´t agree with her and think her opinions are stupid but i´m not gonna go to her face and be like " You suck because of your opinions and you should automatically change them to my liking." I would pretty much put her in the same spot as the myr. They are openly hostile and insulting to each other but when they meet they don´t instantly try to kill each other.

F

Franks

Noy trying to insult any movements but it´s like those accusations that keep happening in this decade where some popular people call some one something offensive like a pedo, people will instantly attack the accused and the person is simply not allowed to defend themselves.

I'm really not sure that pedophilia is an example you want to use. Mostly because I'm personally of the opinion that pedophiles should be castrated and left to bleed out in the street, and that opinion tends to color my perception of any sentence containing mention of pedophilia.

hell lover

Sep 28, 2016
Yea i´m completely with you on that but i wasn't talking about pedophiles being any good on anything like just that when some people have a different view, they can get accused of being something like a pedophile like in the news, where out of nowhere and with no evidence or anything to back it up, A speaker on CNN called some one a Pedophile. Just imagine i'f you get wrongly called pedophile and unlike that man in the news you wouldn't have anyone to defend you.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Okay, but I'm pretty sure dommy Jill would be the first dominant female NPC in the game.

Well, duh. Everyone knows you can't be dominant in bed without a +12 Rod of Priapic Power between your legs.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Arhon

Jun 22, 2016
Man these things are never going to end.

I guess to be human is to whine every chance you have.

Can you all just stop and wait for Frank to finish the sexual scenes of Riya? and after that he will do what's best.

Anyway, Honey's ideas are good but for now Frank is busy doing the sexual content for Riya before he does anything else.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Arhon Well like "War never change" then humanity wouldn't either change. Thou I see somehow toning downg from posts from Riya sub thread or the other one about OP there wishing to kill her that both ended up closed up.

So Honey stuff is also written by Frank?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Penetration has very specific connotations in our lizard brains.

That's why I replaced mine with a monkey brain before my warranty ended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Penetration has very specific connotations in our lizard brains.

Probably why things like Domme!Bess' doggystyle scene is so hot. The idea of a lady pulling me by a leash to pump her from behind is just so hot. "submissive penetration" does have a nice ring to it.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Just want to put my 2 cents out there for this character. Yes I don't like her, BUT the reason why I don't like her is that there's no reason given as to why she's a speciest/racist. The closest I can come to for comparison is Sera (yes I know that Kelt is better, but his attitude can be attributed to be just that his attitude given the game in question). Sera on the other hand has a given reason why she is who she is thats accessible to everyone. Riha doesn't, she just comes off as a complete asshole whose untouchable. If a reason was given for her attitude, I would, and I feel alot of others would too, be more accepting of her.

There it is, just putting it out there.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Just want to put my 2 cents out there for this character. Yes I don't like her, BUT the reason why I don't like her is that there's no reason given as to why she's a speciest/racist. The closest I can come to for comparison is Sera (yes I know that Kelt is better, but his attitude can be attributed to be just that his attitude given the game in question). Sera on the other hand has a given reason why she is who she is thats accessible to everyone. Riha doesn't, she just comes off as a complete asshole whose untouchable. If a reason was given for her attitude, I would, and I feel alot of others would too, be more accepting of her.

There it is, just putting it out there.

Didn't used to be that way with Sera, before any expansion was done with her by Nonesuch she was pretty much an assholeish character who treated you like a slutty sub. Now that she's been expanded upon we know the reason why she is the way she is. I suspect this is the route Franks is following along and plans to develop the character in a similar manner.

Vortus

Mar 2, 2017
As someone who's pretty new to the game and hasn't been around the forums much before now, just tossing out my first impressions on Riya and adding to some of the opinions of her character already existant in this thread.

I think it's fine that we have a racist cop type out there. Diversity among the cast of characters in an rpg is an important thing (even if the concept of racism might preclude diversity). Instead my real issues with her have more to do with pragmatism and interactivity.

First off, as someone who will only meaningfully interact with human females, it would seem that (looking at it from the standpoint of being content you can actually get into) Riya appeals to only a small percentage of TiTs players. It would seem more logical to me in general to make content that a majority of the playerbase could use as opposed to not, so as to make it worthwhile to create in the first place. Granted I don't have figures in front of me and I can't say definitively that most peeps here do not play human females, but going by the presumption that each race and sex has an equal chance of being chosen on an individual basis (or has been achieved through significant gene manipulation), this isn't exactly a stretch. To me this is an issue of pragmatism.

Secondly, (speaking as someone who's never run into her as a human female) you just don't get the chance to learn anything about her character. This is an important aspect of rpgs in general, if not *the* most important aspect. I wanna know or have some way of finding out why she's a racist, what traumatic event or events in her life lead to her having this mindset. There's no opportunity for that kind of interactivity with her, or at least none that I've been able to see so far.

The most logical (and simplest) way of addressing those two issues, in my opinion, is to add some path by which we can understand her personal history. When we're speaking with her superior officer we could ask about some of the more poignant aspects of her personal or operational history. Or alternatively, maybe at some point we run into someone who's served with her as an officer whom has scuttlebutt that we can sex or cajole into sharing with us. After we learn a bit more about her, Steele could (through dialogue or event) use it as leverage to get inside her head and make her question her own infallibility, and consequently the infallibility of how she perceives aliens in general. I think it should be a difficult and time consuming path to take, given her apparent intransigence. But in the end it should be appropriately satisfying as well (kind of like the bitchable Sera content that was put in recently).

Oh, and not related to the subject of Riya...there are a lot of peeps out there who have some form of pedophilia who have never committed a crime of any kind. Simply having a predisposition for neoteny doesn't qualify them to being left broken and bleeding on a street corner. This is both a point I wanted to make, and a personal opinion. That is all.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
First off, as someone who will only meaningfully interact with human females, it would seem that (looking at it from the standpoint of being content you can actually get into) Riya appeals to only a small percentage of TiTs players. It would seem more logical to me in general to make content that a majority of the playerbase could use as opposed to not, so as to make it worthwhile to create in the first place. Granted I don't have figures in front of me and I can't say definitively that most peeps here do not play human females, but going by the presumption that each race and sex has an equal chance of being chosen on an individual basis (or has been achieved through significant gene manipulation), this isn't exactly a stretch. To me this is an issue of pragmatism.

You're new, so it's understandable that you wouldn't know this, but something that is told to every prospective writer here is that they should absolutely, under no circumstances, only write something because it's in popular demand, and instead write the things that they personally enjoy. Due to the nature of the writing, the creator always get burned out if they don't personally get turned on, at least a little bit, by what they write.

Even from a pragmatic standpoint, writing characters with limited appeal are good, as anyone who wants to can write characters for what they enjoy, and can see them added successfully. The majority of players also enjoy characters who are logical and consistent in their actions, as it allows them to become attached to the characters in a way that isn't possible if the character is an amorphous blob of fetishes, written to appeal to the a majority of people.

Secondly, (speaking as someone who's never run into her as a human female) you just don't get the chance to learn anything about her character. This is an important aspect of rpgs in general, if not *the* most important aspect. I wanna know or have some way of finding out why she's a racist, what traumatic event or events in her life lead to her having this mindset. There's no opportunity for that kind of interactivity with her, or at least none that I've been able to see so far.

The most logical (and simplest) way of addressing those two issues, in my opinion, is to add some path by which we can understand her personal history. When we're speaking with her superior officer we could ask about some of the more poignant aspects of her personal or operational history. Or alternatively, maybe at some point we run into someone who's served with her as an officer whom has scuttlebutt that we can sex or cajole into sharing with us. After we learn a bit more about her, Steele could (through dialogue or event) use it as leverage to get inside her head and make her question her own infallibility, and consequently the infallibility of how she perceives aliens in general. I think it should be a difficult and time consuming path to take, given her apparent intransigence. But in the end it should be appropriately satisfying as well (kind of like the bitchable Sera content that was put in recently).

Oh, and not related to the subject of Riya...there are a lot of peeps out there who have some form of pedophilia who have never committed a crime of any kind. Simply having a predisposition for neoteny doesn't qualify them to being left broken and bleeding on a street corner. This is both a point I wanted to make, and a personal opinion. That is all.
The way Franks has described her, last I knew, Riya does not, in her heart, believe the racist things she says. Instead, she is an asshole who loves power, and using that power in any way possible. Her status as a police officer is part of that equation, and the other is how she decided to treat those under her "protection". She decided at some point that being racist would allow her to cow the highest amount of people, and now acts accordingly.

It would be nice to get content with that in-game, but currently Franks is working on her Tavros removal xpac, and it's completion is in.... let's say... high demand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lkynmbr24

Vortus

Mar 2, 2017
You're new, so it's understandable that you wouldn't know this, but something that is told to every prospective writer here is that they should absolutely, under no circumstances, only write something because it's in popular demand, and instead write the things that they personally enjoy. Due to the nature of the writing, the creator always get burned out if they don't personally get turned on, at least a little bit, by what they write.

Even from a pragmatic standpoint, writing characters with limited appeal are good, as anyone who wants to can write characters for what they enjoy, and can see them added successfully. The majority of players also enjoy characters who are logical and consistent in their actions, as it allows them to become attached to the characters in a way that isn't possible if the character is an amorphous blob of fetishes, written to appeal to the a majority of people.

The way Franks has described her, last I knew, Riya does not, in her heart, believe the racist things she says. Instead, she is an asshole who loves power, and using that power in any way possible. Her status as a police officer is part of that equation, and the other is how she decided to treat those under her "protection". She decided at some point that being racist would allow her to cow the highest amount of people, and now acts accordingly.

It would be nice to get content with that in-game, but currently Franks is working on her Tavros removal xpac, and it's completion is in.... let's say... high demand.

You make some good points (especially on diversity) and this is definitely a different method of content development from what I've seen previously. I'd like to point out however that writing content that you personally enjoy and writing something that happens to appeal to a wide audience are not necessarily mutually exclusive. If anything, statistically speaking, I'd say the two would run in tandem more often than not. I suppose that it's more technically accurate to use the term 'unconventional' or 'unique' as opposed to 'popular' in this case. In this sense, I do agree with you. Having characters with numerous fetishes isn't something that I see as an issue in and of itself though, so long as there is structure and a consistency in a given character's thoughts and actions (their own form of 'logic'). Keep in mind this is still a glorified text-based space-themed fucksim at it's core.

The issue here is exclusivity with the character's content. Her unpopularity in certain circles is a consequence of this, but shouldn't necessarily be the focus. Other characters in the TiTsverse don't get this kind of angst because even though some of them might be annoying obnoxious asshats (get your tight purple ass away from my ship's console, Sera), you can still do stuff with them or screw around with them regardless. With Riya, there is (in most cases) nothing. Their personality could be set to "Walk around and shit blue skies and rainbows", but it wouldn't matter. Most players aren't going to go through a full make-over just so they can make-out with one particular person, especially when there's so many alternatives. At a macrocosmic level, coming out with highly exclusive character content in this way, on a regular basis, would eventually become an issue too. Players would have to run around blowing fortunes in gene mods just get with a single character. It's more likely they would just get annoyed and avoid them.

To reiterate, I personally don't have a problem with her being an asshole in and of itself, that's not what I see as the problem. It's the fact that there's (in most cases) no way around it and nothing else there. Now speaking on her psychology, if your profile of Riya is accurate, I'd argue that would make her even more prone to being manipulated. She's clearly living in her own little world, you just have to find the weak point at which it can be most easily shattered. Her weak point appears to be pride, and proud people are easy to goad. Once again, some insight into her personal history would be the key here in my opinion.

I really would like to see some way to talk her out of her little act, or goad her into exposing herself to the harsh reality of not always having control. Then things could evolve from there. Just seeing her simply X'd out would make me kinda sad, despite her personality (not to mention it would kind of contradict the whole 'don't do content just because its popular' thing, if indeed that's why it's being added).

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
You make some good points (especially on diversity) and this is definitely a different method of content development from what I've seen previously. I'd like to point out however that writing content that you personally enjoy and writing something that happens to appeal to a wide audience are not necessarily mutually exclusive. If anything, statistically speaking, I'd say the two would run in tandem more often than not. I suppose that it's more technically accurate to use the term 'unconventional' or 'unique' as opposed to 'popular' in this case. In this sense, I do agree with you. Having characters with numerous fetishes isn't something that I see as an issue in and of itself though, so long as there is structure and a consistency in a given character's thoughts and actions (their own form of 'logic'). Keep in mind this is still a glorified text-based space-themed fucksim at it's core.

The issue here is exclusivity with the character's content. Her unpopularity in certain circles is a consequence of this, but shouldn't necessarily be the focus. Other characters in the TiTsverse don't get this kind of angst because even though some of them might be annoying obnoxious asshats (get your tight purple ass away from my ship's console, Sera), you can still do stuff with them or screw around with them regardless. With Riya, there is (in most cases) nothing. Their personality could be set to "Walk around and shit blue skies and rainbows", but it wouldn't matter. Most players aren't going to go through a full make-over just so they can make-out with one particular person, especially when there's so many alternatives. At a macrocosmic level, coming out with highly exclusive character content in this way, on a regular basis, would eventually become an issue too. Players would have to run around blowing fortunes in gene mods just get with a single character. It's more likely they would just get annoyed and avoid them.

To reiterate, I personally don't have a problem with her being an asshole in and of itself, that's not what I see as the problem. It's the fact that there's (in most cases) no way around it and nothing else there. Now speaking on her psychology, if your profile of Riya is accurate, I'd argue that would make her even more prone to being manipulated. She's clearly living in her own little world, you just have to find the weak point at which it can be most easily shattered. Her weak point appears to be pride, and proud people are easy to goad. Once again, some insight into her personal history would be the key here in my opinion.

I really would like to see some way to talk her out of her little act, or goad her into exposing herself to the harsh reality of not always having control. Then things could evolve from there. Just seeing her simply X'd out would make me kinda sad, despite her personality (not to mention it would kind of contradict the whole 'don't do content just because its popular' thing, if indeed that's why it's being added).
Or maybe do what the wast majority of sensible people to who's fetish Riya doesn't appeal do and just ignore her.

Last edited:

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Or maybe do what the wast majority of sensible people to who's fetish Riya doesn't appeal do and just ignore her.

If I wrote a scab of a character, I wouldn't wonder why players keep picking at her.

I've said all I've have to say about it, though. I await with anticipation/trepidation to see how Franks handles what he's undoubtedly referring to as Remove Kebatra.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
If I wrote a scab of a character, I wouldn't wonder why players keep picking at her.

I've said all I've have to say about it, though. I await with anticipation/trepidation to see how Franks handles what he's undoubtedly referring to as Remove Kebatra.
Wait, he actually referred to it as "Remove Kebatra".... Seriously?

Vortus

Mar 2, 2017

In my time living on this rock, I've found that simply ignoring everything and everyone that I don't like or agree with to be a closed minded, wrong-headed way of approaching things in general. Willful ignorance leads only to intransigence.

Reactions: Emerald and Inkbane

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
In my time living on this rock, I've found that simply ignoring everything and everyone that I don't like or agree with to be a closed minded, wrong-headed way of approaching things in general. Willful ignorance leads only to intransigence.
So in RL you go around and seek out confrontation with anyone and everything you come across? How many restraining orders do you have and how many times have you been beat up because you were in the wrong neighbourhood?

Also Riya doesn't stop you or say anithing untill you go up and talk to her. She just stands there giving you the stink-eye if you are a non-human.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
To reiterate, I personally don't have a problem with her being an asshole in and of itself, that's not what I see as the problem. It's the fact that there's (in most cases) no way around it and nothing else there.
Well, on one hand, allowing the viewer/player to take a sneak peek behind the asshole exterior of someone tends to work wonders in fiction, if done even moderately well. But on the other hand, it is a lot of work, and might very well be besides the scope of what the creator wants to write.

I'd love to eventually get ways for non-human PCs to get past Riya's asshat exterior and just interact with her on a personal level; ideally both from within her comfort zone and after taking her down a peg. However, there is a lot of characters in TiTS that don't have too-too much meaningful content for those who don't satisfy the requirements, including the player's willingness to have their character engage in {insert fetish}. And it's perfectly fine, IMO, for reasons that I suggest to discuss in another topic I'm about to create.

So as soon as Riya will get her resolution{s}, she will have every essential base covered.

Just seeing her simply X'd out would make me kinda sad, despite her personality (not to mention it would kind of contradict the whole 'don't do content just because its popular' thing, if indeed that's why it's being added).
From things that have been hinted at by Franks so far, we will either have a choice between relocating Bea from Tarkus to another visitable place and getting her on the space bus, or we will have just the former option.

Additionally, I'd like to point out that the reason why Franks is working on the resolution path as the second piece of expanded content most likely has nothing to do with regular players/forum users or their complaints. It was part of the feedback he got from the fellow creators and, more importantly, the devs.

--
Now, I have a question for @Franks : do you still consider making Riya's sex content futa- and, more importantly, trap-friendly at some point? The absence of the latter seems to me like an even bigger missed opportunity then having no way for PC to get to that heart of gold(?) officer Batra possesses.