[Rejected] Tasin Weapons Systems Freezing Arsenal

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
The staff are friendly imo, they're only admin like in attitude when something provokes it extensively. Until then, they'll joke around with ya and stuff.

Alright, that is good to know. It is just that I have been on and seen other forums where the Admins weren't quite so... Understanding. Hopefully Geden will help me out here with this stuff, when they get the chance.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For burn dmg code stuff it can be already found on public fork of github or you can make note for coder saying smth like: please make this dot work as ice version of burn. SOmetimes if you know more or less what you want to attain but not know exactly code related things you can leave note for coder explaining how it should looks like and...let them (coders) do their work on it.

Ohh you got some friend form my country @RanmaChan or just my country is interesting for you?

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
For burn dmg code stuff it can be already found on public fork of github or you can make note for coder saying smth like: please make this dot work as ice version of burn. SOmetimes if you know more or less what you want to attain but not know exactly code related things you can leave note for coder explaining how it should looks like and...let them (coders) do their work on it.

Ohh you got some friend form my country @RanmaChan or just my country is interesting for you?

Do you think you could look at my google document and see if it has enough information to do that? Eg. Making the weapons work like an ice version of the burn DoT? I didn't know you could just leave notes and let coders work on it, I thought that we had to do it all ourselves?

Part of my family is Polish, and I have some distant relatives there.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I was joking. Why do you need to investigate DoT? Just put "this weapons does damage over time, pls code ty".

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I was joking. Why do you need to investigate DoT? Just put "this weapons does damage over time, pls code ty".

Because I honestly don't know how much of this I need to write and code, and what I can just leave. I don't know what is acceptable, and will allow this to go into the game, or what will give them cause to leave this out. No one is actually looking at my google document, and answering my very first question, which I have re-iterated twice now. Am I doing this right? Is what I have written down here correct? Is it enough? There are only guidelines on the forums, no concrete answers of yes and no, which is what I require at this point.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I meant I was joking about the Gedan thing. Anyway you don't need to code anything. Why would you think otherwise? No one else has code in their Gdocs. And we're not answering your questions because we don't know nothin'.

Technically you only need to put as much as you feel like it. Not to mention even if you said "This gun costs 1 Billion Credits!" someone would just change it during the coding process.

Reactions: eveoflife

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I know you were joking about the Gedan thing, lol.

Then that goes to one of the last questions I asked, how does one submit their work for it be entered into the game? I have read over Magic Ted's "How to submit (and write!) content", but it doesn't actually tell you how one would go about submitting their content. Do I post it in Savin's "Simple Scene Submissions" thread? Do I just @every-admin? Lol

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I know you were joking about the Gedan thing, lol.

Then that goes to one of the last questions I asked, how does one submit their work for it be entered into the game? I have read over Magic Ted's "How to submit (and write!) content", but it doesn't actually tell you how one would go about submitting their content. Do I post it in Savin's "Simple Scene Submissions" thread? Do I just @every-admin? Lol
Just PM or poke Savin, or one of the other staff if he's busy, and if it's approved it'll be put in the backlog. The simple scenes thread is for very short scenes, normally only one or two pages. This is a wee bit more complicated :p

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Alright. I finished writing the walk up to the store, entering the store, the description of the store itself, and the conversation with the automated merchant-bot. Everything that I can possibly think of is done. Still, I would continue to appreciate any feedback. Still need some ideas for damage on the DoT frostburn effects, as well as how long targets should be frozen/stunned for.
Hmm, ok, here goes nothing... @Gedan or @Savin would either of you guys mind giving my work a once over? I think it is all set and good to go. Let me know what you think, and if it can go into the game?
*bites nails in nervousness*

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Good luck to recive positive response from any of pinged person. Hopefully their reply will be helpfull to continue work.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Personally I like to meet up Fen at a furry weekend and pitch (heh) him my 100 page waifu idea.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Personally I like to meet up Fen at a furry weekend and pitch (heh) him my 100 page waifu idea.

How likely do you think that will be of happening? Lol
Would be nice to travel and take a trip there. I have never been to the US before. Actually I have never left Canada, or even my province for that matter.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Changed title to indicate that everything has been completed for this submission. At least until the devs come back to me and possibly tell me that something may need to be changed. I haven't gotten any responses back from them yet so I don't know for sure. Anyways, here it is, all done!

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
I loooooooove what I saw in the docs!!!! Although... I was kinda hoping the Cryoblade would be a bit stronger, as in like 20 or 22 power?

But since it said it's already in the game, I guess that's wishful thinking at this point, huh? Well whatever, I'm happy you completed the tasis weapon system :) and you did a great job!

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I loooooooove what I saw in the docs!!!! Although... I was kinda hoping the Cryoblade would be a bit stronger, as in like 20 or 22 power?

Sorry, I couldn't really make the Cryoblade any stronger, or it would outclass the Lava Saber. I wanted to essentially make them equal in power for two reasons. The first was so that it would have a better chance of getting into the game. Creating OP weapons is not a great way to get them in. If I made it do 20 to 22 damage it would be stronger than any melee weapon on Myrellion that I can find (though I may be wrong about that). Secondly by making it equal to the Lava Saber but having the damage be Freezing rather than Burning, people would have to make a (hopefully) difficult choice on which one they want more; and do it based on the resistances the weapon can overcome, rather than just raw damage.

But since it said it's already in the game, I guess that's wishful thinking at this point, huh? Well whatever, I'm happy you completed the tasis weapon system :) and you did a great job!

Also, nothing here is already in the game. Nowhere near close. I have completed the document, changed the title to reflect that, and submitted it to the devs, that is all. Everything is in their hands now on whether to accept it or deny it, or to make changes and edits, etc. Thank you though so much for your complements, they mean a lot to me! It was actually seeing your post in a different thread wishing that there were freezing weapons that inspired me to do this.

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
If
Sorry, I couldn't really make the Cryoblade any stronger, or it would outclass the Lava Saber. I wanted to essentially make them equal in power for two reasons. The first was so that it would have a better chance of getting into the game. Creating OP weapons is not a great way to get them in. If I made it do 20 to 22 damage it would be stronger than any melee weapon on Myrellion that I can find (though I may be wrong about that). Secondly by making it equal to the Lava Saber but having the damage be Freezing rather than Burning, people would have to make a (hopefully) difficult choice on which one they want more; and do it based on the resistances the weapon can overcome, rather than just raw damage.

Also, nothing here is already in the game. Nowhere near close. I have completed the document, changed the title to reflect that, and submitted it to the devs, that is all. Everything is in their hands now on whether to accept it or deny it, or to make changes and edits, etc. Thank you though so much for your complements, they mean a lot to me! It was actually seeing your post in a different thread wishing that there were freezing weapons that inspired me to do this.
If I remember, vamp blade was 19 power, but on a different subject, glad you liked my comment:)
By the way I made it so that the kui-tan male rogue docs can be edited, I'm still working on the rest of the sex scenes though...OH! As for the hardlight saber, that will also be a weapon I'm going to try to make, or if you'd be willing, would you like to develop it or give recommendations?
Also, I'm going to make a herm kui-tan rogue as well, so that possible something to look forward to:)

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
If

If I remember, vamp blade was 19 power, but on a different subject, glad you liked my comment:)
By the way I made it so that the kui-tan male rogue docs can be edited, I'm still working on the rest of the sex scenes though...OH! As for the hardlight saber, that will also be a weapon I'm going to try to make, or if you'd be willing, would you like to develop it or give recommendations?
Also, I'm going to make a herm kui-tan rogue as well, so that possible something to look forward to:)

I will take another look at the Vamp Blade and the Lava Saber to see what I can do to equal mine out between the two. I want to create a happy medium, you understand?
If you want to send me a PM on the Hardlight Saber that would be alright, we can talk about it there. I will also take a look at your google document.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Stronger version of weapon could be done but it would merely mean devs would put it on self when higher lvl areas would be ingame to justify this stronger weapon to be accesable ingame. So you done well Ranma for keeping it arond lava one version atk value. Now we need fire planet to make them even more usefull like we got ice one planet for fire dmg type weapons. Umm assuming those enemies on Uveto was given really low resis to fire dmg.

Reactions: Meteor07

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Stronger version of weapon could be done but it would merely mean devs would put it on self when higher lvl areas would be ingame to justify this stronger weapon to be accesable ingame. So you done well Ranma for keeping it arond lava one version atk value.

That is why all of the weapons in this document are 'Mk.I' before their names. As the game progresses I plan on creating newer 'Mk.II', 'Mk.III', and maybe even 'Mk.IV' freezing weapons to keep up with the game as it advances.
The weapons will be upgraded themselves of course, with new systems and technologies to justify their increased damage etc.

I wanted to make these weapons around the same level as other weapons located on Myrellion, so that they could be used on Myrellion or lower. I realize that once it comes to the Uveto planet they will most likely be useless, due to the fact that the enemies there will have resistances to freezing. However, after that planet is when I (hopefully) plan to continue on with my experiment freezing weapons program. Hopefully it will be a hot/burning planet, then my weapons will really shine, but who knows what the future hold?

Reactions: Ormael

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Got news from Savin that he has forwarded this to Fenoxo and Gedan. So I changed the title to appropriately reflect this. Hurray! I really hope this gets in, then maybe I can start working on some bigger, more complicated projects. I can't wait!

Reactions: Lancer and Ormael

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
One step at once Ranma ;) And good you now can count Ged and Fen will look at it soon (Fen for sure due to con he went to may not be able do this for next few days).

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Hey, I just reviewed this submission. I have some notes:
  • I don't like introducing a new company specifically for these items. As it is, I would prefer the player character be exposed to the same few companies repeatedly to allow players to form strong opinions and potential relationships with the existing mega-corporations as the game plays out.
  • I feel like the technobabble kind of went too far up its own butthole, and a fair amount of it seemed fairly implausible to my (admittedly limited) understanding of physics.
I feel like it would be a better fit to slip some ice weapons into Emmy's shop and elsewhere.

So for now, I have to reject this submission. Sorry I did not get the review done sooner.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Hey, I just reviewed this submission. I have some notes:
  • I don't like introducing a new company specifically for these items. As it is, I would prefer the player character be exposed to the same few companies repeatedly to allow players to form strong opinions and potential relationships with the existing mega-corporations as the game plays out.
  • I feel like the technobabble kind of went too far up its own butthole, and a fair amount of it seemed fairly implausible to my (admittedly limited) understanding of physics.
I feel like it would be a better fit to slip some ice weapons into Emmy's shop and elsewhere.

So for now, I have to reject this submission. Sorry I did not get the review done sooner.

I didn't think that Emmy would sell non-Kiha weapons, and these didn't really seem like their thing, so I created a different company to get around that. I understand where you are coming from though, about using the same corporations.
The regular tooltips I wrote don't use any technobabble, and I wrote the custom text for the attacks because I didn't really know what was needed for a complete weapons submission, especially one for ice weapons.

Would it be possible to get some of these weapons in if I were to edit the company out, use the regular tooltips, and make some other needed edits? Or is that out of the question?
Also no worries about the speed at which the review was done, this actually got attention faster than I thought it would. Thanks for the reply!

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I see two existing corporations that could realistically carry unconventional, freezing equipment
  • Pyrite: The company of saftey-questionable industrial tech. Repurposed cryo tech, its easy to imagine Pyrite already forming this for use in operations on volcanic planets and going "Hey, what if we repackage handheld versions as self defense weapons?"
  • Reaper: The company of military contracts extraordinare. Freezing weapons would have their nitche, their civilian line weapons (hint hint) could be low yield variants with minimal refinement from their proof of concept prototypes.
Food for thought

Honestly, i don't really love any of the weapons you wrote. They definitely qualify rule-of-cool wise, but none of them fit well into any niche that doesn't already have a superior (abit non-freezing) variant at Emmy or Kirilla's shops.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I see two existing corporations that could realistically carry unconventional, freezing equipment
  • Pyrite: The company of saftey-questionable industrial tech. Repurposed cryo tech, its easy to imagine Pyrite already forming this for use in operations on volcanic planets and going "Hey, what if we repackage handheld versions as self defense weapons?"
  • Reaper: The company of military contracts extraordinare. Freezing weapons would have their nitche, their civilian line weapons (hint hint) could be low yield variants with minimal refinement from their proof of concept prototypes.
Food for thought

Honestly, i don't really love any of the weapons you wrote. They definitely qualify rule-of-cool wise, but none of them fit well into any niche that doesn't already have a superior (abit non-freezing) variant at Emmy or Kirilla's shops.

I would be more than willing to re-write the weapons to be made by one those companies. I think it would be quite fun to write them more on the Reaper side of things, rather than the sort of Pyrite way I made some of these.

The whole point about these weapons though was that there were no freezing weapons that had energy weapon flags on them as well (and there still aren't that I know of, at least with energy weapon flags), that was the niche I wanted to fill. I was deliberately trying not to make them superior, so that they wouldn't just be tossed out for being OP. They were supposed to be at around the same level of the rest of Myrellion's weapons, and they definitely weren't written to compete with Kirilla's weapons. Then once the next planet was introduced after Uveto I would write Mk.II weapons that utilized liquid hydrogen (rather than the first gen using liquid nitrogen), making them colder and more powerful to fit that planet's levels. Then the Mk.IIIs, if they were ever required, could use liquid Helium.

Edit: Also the science behind the weapons is solid as far as I know (other than the Blastgun, adding electricity to it wouldn't stabilize how the compressed air moved, it was just a contrived way of adding electrical damage to one of the weapons).

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Umm amybe too much science for Fen to process *ponder* or generaly for game world where it need merely brief explanation ending "...and higher space technomagic too".

No worry. Look for what Zavos said and make it better that next time Fen will not be able reject them ;)

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Perhaps the shop can be moved to New Canada? Tarvos already has a ton of submissions lined up for it's vary limited space, Myrellion has Emmy.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Best soution would be some new planet other than NT 2.0...err NC. It's merely station and I not so sure show with freezing weapons would fit there unless it would be expnaded to other areas outside bar that we can visit atm.