[Rejected] Tasin Weapons Systems Freezing Arsenal

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh wow, I like both the author and that OC.

Reactions: eveoflife

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
I created a new company, 'Tasin Weapons Systems', due to the fact that the guns are unusual and don't seem to fit in with other weapons. Does that mean I need to write a codex entry on the company itself?

It helps understand who we're dealing with, and guide others like how we can with Emmy. It doesn't have to be very big, just a gist of who they are would be enough I think.
I didn't think that the weapons sounded low grade.. I mean, the one uses electromagnetically propelled liquid Nitrogen as ammunition! If that isn't grade-A weaponry, I don't know what is..
Ehhh I've just thoughts of past video game stuff that have me thinking it over in the TiTS verse, I'm likely in the wrong.
I wanted to start writing just some basic stuff, like weapons, before moving on to larger things, if I ever do move on to larger things. I don't see myself writing a new NPC for selling these weapons, so I will have to find an appropriate vendor somewhere. I will take a look at Emmy like you said and see what I can do there.

Edit: Emmy works for KihaCorp right? Would she even be willing to sell weapons made by another company?
Would be rather odd of her to sell competitor weapons, but I still don't know anything about this company. If you've made some big name like Kiha Corp then I'd think they'd need their own vendor, or some Vendor that uses a license like Mass Effect 1 did to sell goods. Like I said, helps to know what we're dealing with.

Only the one weapon, the Blizzard Shotgun, deals actual energy damage. Can I add "Energy Weapon"/"Energy Weaponry" flags despite the weapons not directly dealing energy damage?
Part of me wants to say yes, what with the generator the thing uses. In my mind, I don't see how we can't tweak it for extra output. The other part thinks, energy lanuched but its still kinetic output instead of particle based energy... Sounds like something the staff should answer but it has me leaning towards negative.

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
Those...weapons...look...AWESOME!!!
These are the best freezing weapon I've seen yet!!!
Does anyone have any clue about how much I should price these, the amount of damage they should do, where they should be bought? Do I need to write anything else for them, if so, what?
Yes, I do, but I have to point out a few things first. There all the same amount of damage, for the first, I'd recommend giving it 6 kinetic and 12
Freezing, also, the first gun's effect should probably go to the last gun, considering it's usefulness, and the physical damage should be 18, and since it uses freezing type damage,the cold temperature should damage the enemy slightly and take a good chunk off of their energy. It's a good gun all around, and I'm impressed you came up with the first gun's effect, but since it's an instant shield buster, I had to recommend it as the last gun's effect, as for the second gun, it's a masterpiece, a chance to blind if the enemy has a shield is a good balancer for the gun.
As for damage I'd recommend 7 kinetic and 14 freezing. So the physical damage would equal 21.
As for the third gun, kinetic 7 and freezing 17, physical damage 24,
Like the second, a masterpiece,
But you should add the fist gun's effect to it, considering it's an instant shield buster, and a bit OP if it does.

As for prices, the first gun's price can stay the same, the second's price I'd recommend 24000, the third though, if you ad the first gun's effect, I'd easily recommend 42000, and if you are wondering why I said that the first gun's effect should be moved to the third gun, if not it would make the first gun get used a lot more often than second or third.

All in all I loved what I saw in the docs!! You did it far better than I ever could, that's for sure!

Last edited:

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
As for damage I'd recommend 7 kinetic and 14 freezing. So the physical damage would equal 21.
I'm not sure about the damage being that high considering it has a rather high accuracy bonus. Also why change the electric to kinetic?

As for prices, the first gun's price can stay the same, the second's price I'd recommend 24000, the third though, if you ad the first gun's effect, I'd easily recommend 42000, and if you are wondering why I said that the first gun's effect should be moved to the third gun, if not it would make the first gun get used a lot more often than second or third.
Instead of being sold by an NPC, would it be plausible to make it a chance to find one of these in the wilderness or in a "dungeon" in a similar vain as the Synthsheaths after the first on Tarkus.

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
I'm not sure about the damage being that high considering it has a rather high accuracy bonus. Also why change the electric to kinetic?

Instead of being sold by an NPC, would it be plausible to make it a chance to find one of these in the wilderness or in a "dungeon" in a similar vain as the Synthsheaths after the first on Tarkus.
Shit. I meant electric then, as for finding it in the wilderness or "dungeon" I can but also cannot recommend this, it would be a good idea at first but would take an ungodly amount of time to find one if you would have to search for it in the wilderness, so if I were to recommend a vendor it would have to be Emmy or the kitsune on Uveto.
But thanks for pointing out my mistake of the gun thing

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Those...weapons...look...AWESOME!!!
These are the best freezing weapon I've seen yet!!!
*SNIP*
All in all I loved what I saw in the docs!! You did it far better than I ever could, that's for sure!

I am really glad you like what you saw! Your positive comment has me even more pumped up to see what I can add in and improve on! However, the other parts of your comment have me a little bit confused. Do you think you could clarify what you were talking about a bit? Referring to the guns by their names would be very helpful in pinpointing what exactly you are talking about, and explaining your rational why the different guns should do different things would go a long way in helping me to, potentially, change them.

It helps understand who we're dealing with, and guide others like how we can with Emmy. It doesn't have to be very big, just a gist of who they are would be enough I think.

Would be rather odd of her to sell competitor weapons, but I still don't know anything about this company. If you've made some big name like Kiha Corp then I'd think they'd need their own vendor, or some Vendor that uses a license like Mass Effect 1 did to sell goods. Like I said, helps to know what we're dealing with.

Part of me wants to say yes, what with the generator the thing uses. In my mind, I don't see how we can't tweak it for extra output. The other part thinks, energy lanuched but its still kinetic output instead of particle based energy... Sounds like something the staff should answer but it has me leaning towards negative.

I guess I beat you to the punch, early yesterday I had already edited the google doc and added in a codex entry for the company.

I agree, it would be hard to justify her selling a competitor's weapons, so I am going to write my own store, but with a robotic NPC that has very little reactions/responses other than buying or selling, at least until I feel up to writing an actual NPC, which may be never, but who knows.

Alright. I have added damage flags for each of the weapons

Here I am quoting myself, what a pompous dick. I changed the flags early yesterday for all the weapons to Energy_Weapon, but you are right, we should get the staff in on this to see what their opinions are. If it is a negative I will go back and re-write them to try and make them a little bit more, energy-ish. I have also come up with a few other energy weapon ideas that aren't freezing, but that also don't use conventional lasers. Could someone summon a staff member for clarification on this? I am a bit afraid to do so, lol.

I'm not sure about the damage being that high considering it has a rather high accuracy bonus.

I based it on the accuracy on the Trench Shotgun that is sold in Red Myr territory. However I increased it's damage while keeping the accuracy the same in order to keep it in the same tier as the other weapons. Would you recommend a decrease in the accuracy despite it being a pseudo-shotgun? If I decrease the damage then it becomes potentially useless and ignorable when compared with the other weapons.

as for finding it in the wilderness or "dungeon" I can but also cannot recommend this, it would be a good idea at first but would take an ungodly amount of time to find one if you would have to search for it in the wilderness, so if I were to recommend a vendor it would have to be Emmy or the kitsune on Uveto.

I don't think I would like the weapons to be things you could find out in trash piles or the wilderness. I like to think of these weapons as top grade equipment designed and built for specialty combat purposes. For that reason I am going to write a sort of basic automated shop, kind of like what happens to Sera's store The Dark Chrysalis, once you buy her out and take her on your ship.

Not having Emmy sell the weapons and the reasons why have already been made clear a number of times, but I am also not going to put the vendor on Uveto. That is too late in the game for me, at least for this MK.I tier of weapons I have designed, and I suspect that a lot of those enemies would/will have cold/freezing resistances. These weapons could prove to be barely useful against them, so I think I am going to pass on Uveto, unless other people think that is where they should go for some reason??

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
I am really glad you like what you saw! Your positive comment has me even more pumped up to see what I can add in and improve on! However, the other parts of your comment have me a little bit confused. Do you think you could clarify what you were talking about a bit? Referring to the guns by their names would be very helpful in pinpointing what exactly you are talking about, and explaining your rational why the different guns should do different things would go a long way in helping me to, potentially, change them.

I guess I beat you to the punch, early yesterday I had already edited the google doc and added in a codex entry for the company.

I agree, it would be hard to justify her selling a competitor's weapons, so I am going to write my own store, but with a robotic NPC that has very little reactions/responses other than buying or selling, at least until I feel up to writing an actual NPC, which may be never, but who knows.

Here I am quoting myself, what a pompous dick. I changed the flags early yesterday for all the weapons to Energy_Weapon, but you are right, we should get the staff in on this to see what their opinions are. If it is a negative I will go back and re-write them to try and make them a little bit more, energy-ish. I have also come up with a few other energy weapon ideas that aren't freezing, but that also don't use conventional lasers. Could someone summon a staff member for clarification on this? I am a bit afraid to do so, lol.

I based it on the accuracy on the Trench Shotgun that is sold in Red Myr territory. However I increased it's damage while keeping the accuracy the same in order to keep it in the same tier as the other weapons. Would you recommend a decrease in the accuracy despite it being a pseudo-shotgun? If I decrease the damage then it becomes potentially useless and ignorable when compared with the other weapons.

I don't think I would like the weapons to be things you could find out in trash piles or the wilderness. I like to think of these weapons as top grade equipment designed and built for specialty combat purposes. For that reason I am going to write a sort of basic automated shop, kind of like what happens to Sera's store The Dark Chrysalis, once you buy her out and take her on your ship.

Not having Emmy sell the weapons and the reasons why have already been made clear a number of times, but I am also not going to put the vendor on Uveto. That is too late in the game for me, at least for this MK.I tier of weapons I have designed, and I suspect that a lot of those enemies would/will have cold/freezing resistances. These weapons could prove to be barely useful against them, so I think I am going to pass on Uveto, unless other people think that is where they should go for some reason??

Oh whoops, I thought the ice rifle's effect was that if it hit the shield of an enemy or your shield the shield would instantly be destroyed, let me guess, that wasn't what you had in mind, was it?sorry!

But either way I'd say all three gun's are masterpieces, the only thing left that I had hoped for was a melee cryogenic blade,but don't worry about it.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Oh whoops, I thought the ice rifle's effect was that if it hit the shield of an enemy or your shield the shield would instantly be destroyed, let me guess, that wasn't what you had in mind, was it?sorry!

But either way I'd say all three gun's are masterpieces, the only thing left that I had hoped for was a melee cryogenic blade,but don't worry about it.

No, I didn't plan on the Ice Rifle having an instant shield cancelling effect. That would be -WAY- too overpowered. Could you elaborate on what exactly led you to that line of thinking, so that I can potentially change it so that others don't accidentally come to that conclusion?

Hmmm, a melee cryogenic blade eh? That is a good idea. I think I might start writing that. I mean, melee characters need some love too right? Hopefully it won't end up being too copy/paste of the Lava Sabre that Emmy sells.

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
No, I didn't plan on the Ice Rifle having an instant shield cancelling effect. That would be -WAY- too overpowered. Could you elaborate on what exactly led you to that line of thinking, so that I can potentially change it so that others don't accidentally come to that conclusion?

If the target’s shields are hit: As the icicle strikes the [target’s] (couldn’t find the parser for enemy) shield it shatters into dust with a twinkling, almost chime-like noise.

This part kinda got me confused, I think the "(couldn’t find the parser for enemy) " is what got me in the end. So don't worry about it, it's probably just me.

Hmmm, a melee cryogenic blade eh? That is a good idea. I think I might start writing that. I mean, melee characters need some love too right? Hopefully it won't end up being too copy/paste of the Lava Sabre that Emmy sells.
Yay! And I highly doubt it would be a copy/paste of the lava sabre, and to be sure make the melee cryoblade thing a bit stronger then lava sabre, and maybe a dotFreeze chance?(basically a stun as well as 1-4 point damage while the enemy is afflicted with it?)

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
If the target’s shields are hit: As the icicle strikes the [target’s] (couldn’t find the parser for enemy) shield it shatters into dust with a twinkling, almost chime-like noise.

This part kinda got me confused, I think the "(couldn’t find the parser for enemy) " is what got me in the end. So don't worry about it, it's probably just me.

Yay! And I highly doubt it would be a copy/paste of the lava sabre, and to be sure make the melee cryoblade thing a bit stronger then lava sabre, and maybe a dotFreeze chance?(basically a stun as well as 1-4 point damage while the enemy is afflicted with it?)

The thing about the enemy parser has to do with coding. I know that when your player character uses a ranged weapon it goes to [pc.weaponRanged], but I couldn't find the correct parser for a target in a combat situation, so I had to add that in. What I think is confusing you is "it shatters into dust with a twinkling..." What I mean is the icicle shatters, not the shield. I will edit that to make it a little bit more clear.

I don't know if there is actually a 'freeze' stun in the game yet, or a 'frozen' damage over time mechanic. Maybe they can rely on the regular mechanics, just with a few words changed? But I don't know if I am the person who has the ability/authority to change those things. It would probably have to be done by the game's core coders. Regardless, I will look into adding those things for the Cryoblade, as well as maybe some damage over time to the Ice Rifle and the Blizzard Shotgun. I already have the HGP (potentially) doing a stun effect, so I don't think I will also give it a damage over time effect, that might make it too overpowered. I want these weapons to kind of stay in the same tier with each other, with not one specific weapon being too much stronger than any of the others. The only deciding factor should be whether you want to do freezing/kinetic damage, freezing/energy damage, or just freezing damage.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I'm not saying decrease the accuracy and drop the whole "shotgun" thing, but as is it is damage-wise on par with Emmy's stuff but with a huge bonus to accuracy which would make it rather OP. Look at the securePM, even though it isn't damage-wise it isn't on par with current "best-in-slot" guns it is still a beast because of the way it removes the accuracy penalty of multi-shot especially when combined with certain Mercenary perks.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I'm not saying decrease the accuracy and drop the whole "shotgun" thing, but as is it is damage-wise on par with Emmy's stuff but with a huge bonus to accuracy which would make it rather OP. Look at the securePM, even though it isn't damage-wise it isn't on par with current "best-in-slot" guns it is still a beast because of the way it removes the accuracy penalty of multi-shot especially when combined with certain Mercenary perks.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the securePM?
So the answer is to either lower the accuracy, remove the shotgun idea altogether, or keep the accuracy but lower the damage and hope that that keeps it on par with other weapons? What would your suggestion be NorI? I am leaning towards changing the name to the 'Blizzard Blastgun' considering I never really wanted it/designed it to be a shotgun in the first place, especially now with all the problems this is creating.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Oh just a quick question, and sorry for my ignorance, but are the shields a sort of bubble? Are they like the personal shields in dune where it covers your body out to a certain distance, or are they something like out of Halo where it completely molds closely to your form?

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
^This, but to like 16 or 17, but that's my opinion.

Alright, I kept the accuracy at 15, and lowered the damage to 8 freezing and 8 electric for a total of 16. However, I did change the name, because I like Blizzard Blastgun better than Blizzard Shotgun. It rolls off the tongue, kinda like Ice Rifle does. Not much you can do about Hyperborean Gauss Prototype though...

I also wrote in some blurbs about freezing damage over time for all three weapons. Please let me know if that seems OP with the freezing stun effect already on the HGP.
I need to know how much damage the freezing should do over time, as well as for how long. Also, how long should an enemy stay frozen for? What is the normal stun time, does anyone know?

I also changed that confusing bit about the shields with the Ice Rifle. Gunna work on the ice blade now.

Reactions: NotYouNorI

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Oh just a quick question, and sorry for my ignorance, but are the shields a sort of bubble? Are they like the personal shields in dune where it covers your body out to a certain distance, or are they something like out of Halo where it completely molds closely to your form?
It's never mentioned as far as I can see, but little blurbs like this
The lapinara lunges forward, attempting to bite you. Instead, her powerful teeth connect with your shield. She jumps back, rubbing her mouth in pain. There is a concussive boom and tingling aftershock of energy as your shield is breached. The attack continues on to connect with you!
lead me to infer that the shield is body-hugging, like the halo shield.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
Ok, the ice blade is done, officially dubbed the 'Tasin Weapons Systems Cryogenic Blade', also known as the 'TMK.1 Cryo-Blade.' I have to say I think it turned out really well. Still have a lot of my questions unanswered though, would really appreciate some help on those.

Mainly, have I done all of this correctly so far?
Is there freeze-burn/frost-burn/frostbite damage over time? How much damage should/would it do?
Is there a freeze-stun effect? How long should/would it last?
How do shields cover the character's bodies?
What is the parser for enemy targets? Is it [enemy.tag]?
Are there any other projectiles other than bullet, laser, and.. What ever lust is? Is there a 'projectile' flag?
If I were to submit this as it stands in the google document, would everything be hunky-dory? (other than not currently having a vendor, and numbers for the aforementioned questions)
How would you go about getting this approved and added into the game. (Not that it is anywhere near ready at the present moment, I would just like to know.)

Please take a look at the google document and let me know what you think. Any feedback is welcomed.

Last edited:

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
You put a @ before their name to summon people. Which I assume Gedan would be the best to ask? Like this @RanmaChan.
Edit: No need to be afraid if its for legit questions. I'll give Gedan a poke. @Gedan

Last edited:

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
You put a @ before their name to summon people. Which I assume Gedan would be the best to ask? Like this @RanmaChan.
Edit: No need to be afraid if its for legit questions. I'll give Gedan a poke. @Gedan

Alright, I hope Gedan will help to answer the questions I have. I am a little bit afraid of summoning admins, being new and not really knowing them. I don't want to piss anyone off.
Thanks for your edits in the google document Eve, it means a lot to me that someone added something, lol. As for your posts in the document, I left the vendor as 'unknown at this time' because I haven't yet written the store, or the robot that will sell the weapons. Maybe Gedan will have a better idea of where these weapons should go, and I won't have to write anything at all.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For frezebite due to burn dot been added on myr weapons (Emmy) this one (frezebite) amy have simialr dmg value with only changing to make game note it's dmg form cold.

if those items not meant to be added to any specific npc or some new to be added npc it could be put in any weapon merchnt on Uveto or maybe Myrellion (thou on ant plant make more sense any fire dmg weapons cuz...ants not like fire more than ice, right?).

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Gedan only responds if you criticize her code.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
For frezebite due to burn dot been added on myr weapons (Emmy) this one (frezebite) amy have simialr dmg value with only changing to make game note it's dmg form cold.

if those items not meant to be added to any specific npc or some new to be added npc it could be put in any weapon merchnt on Uveto or maybe Myrellion (thou on ant plant make more sense any fire dmg weapons cuz...ants not like fire more than ice, right?).

Alright, I kinda, sorta, understand your first sentence, so sorry if I don't respond fully. I looked at Emmy at first as a place to sell weapons, and that is a no go. While looking at her stock I noticed that yes indeed, some weapons had -burning- damage over time, but I can't find any weapons that do -freezing- damage over time, so far. I don't know how I would go about changing the game to make it do freezing damage over time, rather than fire. Would I need to write those scenes myself, of enemy characters taking freezing damage? I have no idea.

As for the second bit, yes. I am probably going put the weapons on Myrellion, located in the DMZ, if that is possible. With a robotic store keeper of some kind, in a small out of the way store. At least, that is the basic idea.

What is your first language if you don't mind my asking? No offense but you are a little bit hard to understand at times. However, kudos to you, I don't think I could ever learn a second language.

Gedan only responds if you criticize her code.

I am not going there.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@RanmaChan I almost fully asleep now. Sorry for starting giberish talking. I meant that on Myrellion only Emmy have weapon with burn dot effect. And that similary like Uveto is place for PC that reached similar lvl range thus amking it natural that if it's Myrellion or Uveto weapons have quite similar atk values. For making it based on fire dot aka burn is to look how code for burn look and in all places it's needed change reference to dealing ice/freezing dmt instead of fire/burn. That would be easier way and possible how Gedan will add this ice based dot dmg to game code.

You could look for other current worked on submissions that adding npc to myrellion or uveto to see if there is some npc that may be fitting to seel weapons you made. Only if you would not find any that you would like enought to ask author about possibility to include your items in offer you should go for robotic npc at myrellion.

I not think Gedan only replies if someone make critique remark(s) about her code. Maybe she not felt in mood to reply on some of the calls by using @.

Polish is my native language but english I learn cuz I been since always on english forums so needed to use main language used there. No worry I used to that not always I'm fully understood. I can always make another reply to rephase what I said earier to make it be more clear. As long person asking me for that is not complete moron/asshole :D

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
I have been looking through all the documents provided here on the forums, and I can't seem to find any information pertaining to fire damage over time, and how to use that. Without that information I can't turn it into freezing damage over time. However, it might just be right in front of me and I am too blind to see it, but I have been reading these google documents over and over, in my defense.

I don't think anyone is currently writing more vendors for Myrellion at the moment, or NPCs that will sell weapons. I will go through the forum threads and check though.

If you don't mind my asking? No offense. Kudos to you. I don't think I could ever learn a second language.

I tried my best not to be a moron/asshole when asking, lol. Polish eh? Interesting.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Alright, I hope Gedan will help to answer the questions I have. I am a little bit afraid of summoning admins, being new and not really knowing them. I don't want to piss anyone off.
Thanks for your edits in the google document Eve, it means a lot to me that someone added something, lol. As for your posts in the document, I left the vendor as 'unknown at this time' because I haven't yet written the store, or the robot that will sell the weapons. Maybe Gedan will have a better idea of where these weapons should go, and I won't have to write anything at all.
The staff are friendly imo, they're only admin like in attitude when something provokes it extensively. Until then, they'll joke around with ya and stuff.