Redemption's Road [IC]

Discussion in 'RP' started by Ecnalab, Aug 8, 2020.

  1. Tide Hunter

    Tide Hunter Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2019
    Elana is even more shocked at this revelation from Grimbol. Aside from her hunts, she's been largely sheltered, yet, the hunts ingrained an instinct in her when faced with a threat, even though they were often of a wildly different nature from the approaching goblins. She stands and turns towards the rest of the people inside and reaches into her cloak, withdrawing her bow. She quickly noticed it's unstrung, and sets about restringing it. This takes her several seconds to accomplish.
     
  2. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    Before Grimbol could reply, a deafening sound like thunder filled their ears. This was no storm, however, as Elana could tell by the animalistic shriek behind it. It was a roar, the loudest any of them had ever heard. And, it was followed by another terrible sound; that of beams breaking as the roof of the tavern suddenly came crashing down upon them.
    As the dust and splinters settled, they all found themselves half buried under ruble with the open sky above them, and for a brief second they saw the the massive form of Nerak, the kings dragon, climbing into the sky on wings as black as pitch before it disappeared behind another building.
     
  3. HeroicSpirit

    HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2019
    Not moving, staying still under the rubble, Melody hid, petrified with fear as the dragon flew away, hoping that since she was now under cover of rubble, she would not be seen by the oncoming horde in their raid agaisnt the village.
     
  4. mazgrenan

    mazgrenan Member

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2017
    With great effort Grushal extracts himself from the debris. He takes a moment to ensure his gold is secure before assisting the others.
     
  5. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    As the sound of screaming began to fill the air, and the pounding of hooves was joined by war cries, the smell of smoke started to fill everyone's noses. Between the fireplace, and the lanterns that had been hanging in the rooms of the tavern, the ruble had caught fire... and it was spreading.
     
  6. Tide Hunter

    Tide Hunter Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2019
    Elana is getting up from where she was knocked down, looking around, holding her bow. She's seeing the fire, and hearing the screams, and is paralyzed, not knowing what to do.
     
  7. HeroicSpirit

    HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2019
    As the heat closes in, Melody sweats as she feels it approaching her hiding spot, before eventually scampering out from the rubble as quickly as she could, so as not to be burnt up by the flames.
     
  8. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    The tavern was not the only building to have been struck by the dragon, several massive plumes of smoke were darkening the sky as the goblins entered the town proper. They slammed into the populace with unrestrained zeal; most of the citizens they came across were cut down without a thought, but some were slung over horses and carried off to some other ungodly fate.
    As the two women stood from the rubble, the sound of hooves on stone caught their ears, and they turned to see one of the green-skinned brutes barreling towards them, a lasso spinning in his hand.
     
  9. HeroicSpirit

    HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2019
    The halfling, while fearful of both the flame and the lasso, steadied herself and drew her knife, preparing to stab the orc in the eye once she was pulled in close, hoping that would be enough to, if not stop him, give the elf time to escape or land a more lethal blow.
     
  10. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    The goblin let the rope fly, and sure enough it looped around Melody's waist. With a firm pull, he hoisted her up and into the saddle with him. The lanky, pig-faced, cretin smile, lecherously, "Hello, beautiful," he slurred. He held her with one arm wrapped around her, his hand groping her breast, while guiding his horse with the other. With his hands preoccupied, there wasn't much he could do to stop Melody as she drew her dagger and plunged it into his eye. He let out a shrill squeal as he fell from the saddle, taking her dagger with him, and leaving Melody on the horse by herself.
     
  11. HeroicSpirit

    HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2019
    Tied to the horse, Melopy Searches for a knife or other sharp instrument on the steed, hoping to find something that can help her cut the rope.
     
  12. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    Sadly, there was none. However, she might be able to simply wriggle out of her restraints.
     
  13. HeroicSpirit

    HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2019
    Gritting her teeth, Melody tries to wiggle out of her bonds and escape, hoping she won’t hit the ground too hard.
     
  14. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    Melody struggled and stained, but fate was not on her side. She lost her balance and fell forward, with the rope catching her by the ankles before she hit the ground. She not hung upside down with her dress falling up, leaving her underwear on full display. But, on the plus side, she was now close enough to the fallen goblin to retrieve her dagger.

    (Again, go ahead and post your rolls on this thread, please.)
     
  15. HeroicSpirit

    HeroicSpirit Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2019
    Hoping she’ll be lucky this time, she reaches out to grab her dagger, so she can quickly cut the rope and make her escape.

    9[Mixed Success]
     
  16. Ecnalab

    Ecnalab Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2016
    Melody cut her bindings and fell to the ground, and none too soon as the spreading fire finally spooked the horse and it bolted.