Reasons I dislike Riya

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I would have done just fine in life without that mental image. Now it will haunt me for years.

sarcasm
Thanks Ormael :colbert:
/sarcasm

sarcasm At your service *tips hat* need any additional mental image to haunt you? /sarcasm

Me think Riya not fitting role of weak dom. As IF she would...how would looks like her sub?

Nezumi

Mar 26, 2017
This is something I couldn't give Franks a lot of useful feedback on, due to not being a TA for things like that. Maybe you can lay out some ideas for what can be done in exploring this particular kink?

Sadly, I don't have a lot more useful advice at the moment. I'll give it some thought.

Am I only one that likes Riya and Kelt...

I don't care for kelt at all, but I will admit that I do get Riya's appeal enough to get off to it and be at least casually looking forward to her character development.

Funnily enough, I actually adore Kelt. Big, strong, sexist, abusive, mind-altering dom who can turn you into a lusty, big-breasted centaur baby factory? Yes please. If that weren't a Bad End rather than just a TF, I'd probably do it in every run. Despite my love of bimbies (What I use for the plural of bimbo, both because it's cuter and because I can't actually figure out how to properly pluralize bimbo because both obvious options look wrong), I've... not actually taken that route with him yet, because <3

So, yeah, like I said, I don't mind abusive doms (had fantasies involving ones worse even than Kelt, but, like I said, it gets dark and pretty squicky, so not sure I should share), Riya in particular just rubs me the wrong way.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I think he knows, he's just refusing to accept it, lol.

Doodlecat

Dec 13, 2016
Argentina
Riya seems to be more or less like Kelt.
Obnoxious... but you still keep coming.

I think the "problem" with Riya is that there's no "fodder" characters to interact. I mean, this is not a RPGmaker game in which you see dozens of little guys running around saying "Hi", "Bye" etc, and you encounter one that says "let's fuck", then you have the more complex characters, and then the recruitable -or not-NPCs.
So she kind of sticks outs in TiTs and appears to be a less-developed character (which is not really the case. It has a different set-up, instead of the usual super-developed character)
For example, if there were an USG officer on each location, with the same type of "build" (small talk, less developed scenes, etc), but different personalities, she wouldn't be so notorious. Or let's say, some people walking around, or a technician (like the ausar guy at the very beginning), etc.

Personally, I don't have a problem. Actually like the simple approach, and if there were 10 more characters like her added, the better. If she gets more content, the better-est.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
A showerhead is much less likely to have relevant input or responses (positive or negative) or to understand what I'm talking about. There have actually been some fairly interesting replies here.
Soooo...basically you are starving for attention?
Alrighty then you're welcome.
You know, for reading then commenting on your thread. <3

Misgendering is just an unfortunate issue rooted in the way a lot of scenes are written/structured. I doubt Riya is the only NPC that stands to misgender a character.
Doesn't this kind of thing happen in real life as well?
Sometimes said person won't know what to label you as unless they ask you, or see what you have under your clothes.
In my opinion it makes the game more realistic in a way.
Not everyone has the same views on genders.
A lot of people these days would say to a post-op gendered female is still seen as a guy in their eyes, even if the genitals are changed.

Looks like I had a small rant of my own....

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I have a friend who wants to be a girl. He wears girl clothes (including underwear) and makeup. Hasn't said if he wants to get the op done though. He's feminine in some aspects and masculine in others.

Everyone still uses male pronouns to/for/around him. I've never seen him ask or correct otherwise.

Anyway I thought it was interesting because I essentially saw him start crossdressing more and more over the semesters.

Nezumi

Mar 26, 2017
Soooo...basically you are starving for attention?
Alrighty then you're welcome.
You know, for reading then commenting on your thread. <3

"Attention" and "input" are two different things. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting attention, inherently.

Doesn't this kind of thing happen in real life as well?

Yes, but it tends to be very upsetting, to put it mildly.

A lot of people these days would say to a post-op gendered female is still seen as a guy in their eyes, even if the genitals are changed.

Your point?

I have a friend who wants to be a girl. He wears girl clothes (including underwear) and makeup. Hasn't said if he wants to get the op done though. He's feminine in some aspects and masculine in others.

Everyone still uses male pronouns to/for/around him. I've never seen him ask or correct otherwise.

Anyway I thought it was interesting because I essentially saw him start crossdressing more and more over the semesters.

It's possible they're non-binary, or just don't want to start that argument right now. Being a trans girl who legitimately doesn't care would be... very unusual, though I suppose not totally impossible.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
At least thread not yet turned iton heated flamewar. Threads like those usualy run dry on main subject around end of the first page.

Nezumi

Mar 26, 2017
Yeah, pretty much, to be honest? It's not really a flame-war, but what there was to actually discuss has largely dried up. Lock it if you want, don't if you don't.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Thread has nowhere to go at this point. I mean... I don't think we should lock it, but like... Literally everything from here on out is a derail lol
Yeah, pretty much, to be honest? It's not really a flame-war, but what there was to actually discuss has largely dried up. Lock it if you want, don't if you don't.
But what about potential ideas for how to improve the aspects of Riya that weren't intentional on Franks' part?

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I honestly find her hatefulness kinda sexy, calling me a mutt and all. I don't like her as a person, but that's 'cause she's a bitch. The fact that she demands you have a vagina and nothing but and opts to fuck your ass instead bothers me a bit, but then again, she's a stupid bitch. Fighting her is a really dumb idea, but not being capable of hurting her is dumb with a lot the shit we've done. Going above her head to people who can do something about it in an update would be nice. However, I love seeing someone who thinks they're untouchable because they're in a position of power or "know people" get absolutely brutalized and put in their place.

It's kinda weird that my character keeps being called "femboi" or "sissy" when she has a b-cup.

I agree with MistyBirb on the strong servant/weak master couple thingy, that's pretty hot.

And yeah, my first CoC character went absolutely perfect until I Bad Ended with Kelt... Still kinda upset that my character in that is constantly referred to as male.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
It's kinda weird that my character keeps being called "femboi" or "sissy" when she has a b-cup.
I'm guessing you got a dick with that? If you're feminine with B-Cups or smaller and a dick you'll automatically be considered a femboy/feminine male in the game's code, that's how it is now.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Yeah, I've got a penis. I wanted to make my character as much like me as possible, plus all the spacey stuff, as I'm obviously not half-doggy alien.

Damn size queens make me feel bad, too. I've got normal sized bits. I wanna be with Sylvie, and even that Maturity taxi girl, but I'm not big enough to ride those rides.

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
Males, even on today's horrible transition regimens, are able to grow B-cups. It would not at all be unreasonable for someone from a time with such advanced technology to have a wider definition of what the genders can look like. Also, you probably don't have a high enough femininity to really look like a female, and not an androgynous male, which would be needed for the normal female pronouns to proc. If you don't want to do that though, you can always just set your noun preference to force one set or the other.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Males, even on today's horrible transition regimens, are able to grow B-cups. It would not at all be unreasonable for someone from a time with such advanced technology to have a wider definition of what the genders can look like. Also, you probably don't have a high enough femininity to really look like a female, and not an androgynous male, which would be needed for the normal female pronouns to proc. If you don't want to do that though, you can always just set your noun preference to force one set or the other.

Unless certain scenes (Which are very few) for it call you a femboy regardless of your pronouns. Like Ramis if you procced her trap fuck scene will call you a sissy boy even if you are a male trap that identifies as female, or the Tavros Brothel if you're a trap turning tricks there where the same case applies. Those scenes will treat you like a femboy no matter what you identify as in the game as a whole.
They can't really do anything about it if the scene's hardwritten to treat them like a girly boy if they are within the threshold. Feminine, B-cups or lower, dick and no vag puts 'em in 'femboy' threshold for the game's code. The only way to get out of that threshold is to enlarge the breasts to C cups to get out of the femboy threshold of the game's code and into shemale. Otherwise if they stay the way they are then the scenes that support it will keep calling them a feminine male whether they like it or not.

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I actually lowered my femininity to +50℅, because the "jaw-droppingly feminine" and huge lip descriptors weren't what I wanted. And the definition of masculinity thing is definitely the issue, because Ramis id the one that does it the most. Kaithrit...

Edit: Sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to Lancer, I messed up.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Unless certain scenes (Which are very few) for it call you a femboy regardless of your pronouns. Like Ramis if you procced her trap fuck scene will call you a sissy boy even if you are a trap that identifies as female, or the Tavros Brothel if you're a trap turning tricks there where the same case applies. Those scenes will treat you like a femboy no matter what you identify as in the game as a whole.
They can't really do anything about it if the scene's hardwritten to call them a girly boy if they are within the threshold. Feminine, B-cups or lower, dick and no vag puts 'em in 'femboy' threshold for the game's code. The only way to get out of that threshold is to enlarge the breasts to C cups to get out of the femboy threshold of the game's code to shemale. Otherwise if they stay the way they are then the scenes that support it will keep calling them a feminine male.
Oh, I didn't know all that. Well, I like having access to Ramis and the Brothel, and I like my b-cups, so I'm good.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Oh, I didn't know all that. Well, I like having access to Ramis and the Brothel, and I lkke my b-cups, so I'm good.
Yeah. If anything, the game outside those specific scenes still call you a girl because well, gender parsing, you just now hit the threshold for the occasional scenes that support femboys and treats PCs as such, because that's pretty much what traps are, femboys. Otherwise it's nothing to worry about. It's all a little bit compared to the hundreds of other scenes in the game.

Last edited:

chaincat

Mar 30, 2016
tbh, is there even a way to say you're only interested in a biologically female person without it sounding awkward in casual speech? That aside, with all the varying views on gender in our world, and how literally fluid it is in TiTs world, surely there has to be someone who doesn't respect your gender identity. Might as well be some racist cop on the starting world, no? Just my two cents on the matter.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid